• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Did they tweak the TAA and sharpening in the latest past on PC? Looks a little sharper on my end.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay so I am OFFICIALLY on team Krag Jorgenson. It is by far my favorite sniper rifle now. I love my ZH-29, but the Krag is just so fucking GOOD.

- Fantastic accuracy even at extreme ranges

- Clean optics that give you a great sight picture

- Great bullet speed

- Acceptable bolt speed and reload

- Satisfying gun sound.

And there is something else that I can't quite put my finger on. It's just a FUN gun. It reminds me of the .338 Recon from BF4. Their were better guns statistically than the .338 Recon. There were guns that had better bullet speed, faster bolt action, faster reload, better mag size etc etc, but the gun just FELT good in the hands. I could never nail down why but it was just....RIGHT.

And the Krag has that same something something. It just FEELS good to use.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
i've been playing for around 16 hours according to the in game timer. I think I'm done. The last two nights have been un-fun for me as spawn-die, spawn die just got ridiculous. Might give it another session tonight to wrap it up before I start something else on the weekend.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
DICE is overworked and deserves longer development time. Imagine Rockstar making an AAA game in 1.5 years.
This! I don't know what people expect out of Dice. Not that I am defending their games coming out in a half done state, but it has been like this since BF1942.

It would have been nice if being bought by EA meant looking like Dice got more support, from the outside, I'm not seeing it, especially I wish Dice had a longer dev cycle to take their time and it would have been nice for another EA studio to help prop Dices current game up with working on maps and such during the maybe hopeful 2-2.5 year lull between development of their next game.

I mean if you look at their release schedule, it's not too many times they are missing a a year or 18 months.

I understand why the games are not coming out super polished and don't have a streamlined post release process.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The game is a mess and it needs alot of work, but so have most of Battlefield games at launch. This is nothing new. This BF has the potential to be the best BF since BC2. Give it time guys.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
God this medic crate challenge is so fucking awful. There's literally no reason to every use one so you have to beg people to pick up a pack from them.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have a problem with screen tearing in this game? It seems to occur even though I have 60FPS and no matter what settings I have. Normally I use Fast V-Sync through the Nvidia panel but it doesn't seem to work at all with this game.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
Apparently there's an unlockable jacket which says "For the Queen" on the back? It was posted on Reddit, it can't be real, right? I mean, DICE wouldn't that bloody ignorant of history.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I know people rallied against Premium because in this day and age the expectation is free content, but I can't say I ever regretted buying Premium. Did I like all the content? Of course not. Quality varied and some batches were much worse than others. But by and large I always thought the investment in Premium paid off long term due to the huge quantity of maps that'd ultimately become available and the focused themes each pack usually had, whether it be new factions, assorted gear, vehicles, and map locations. I also thought it balanced nicely with the various deals and discounts DICE/EA would throw out as time passed, bringing more people into the Premium pool.

And I can say with confidence, at least on PC and for most part, I never had much of an issue finding people to play the Premium content with. Battlefield 1 Premium was basically the norm.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm struggling a lot with Mp40 at the close range, matter of fact I run away most of the times and go to mid range to try and win the fight.

Depends what you're up against. It is slow firing so will lose out to faster firing weapons or ones with higher damage models. It feels like its sweet spot is now close-mid range about 10-25m. It feels that is where slower firing SMGs do well. Which makes them more viable on many Conquest maps.

I did struggle with the MP28 though and normally using that I can just wreck up close.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Just need to finish the medic crate challenge and the bugged "Hold the Fort" now.

Outside of it not tracking a few times, I am really liking Tides of War. The challenges are easy enough for anyone to complete, the additional rewards/assingments are neat, and you won't need to grind it to finish most of it. Really nice job on this DICE.

EDIT: Got the Hold the Fort challenge done on Arras using the MG on point E.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I know people rallied against Premium because in this day and age the expectation is free content, but I can't say I ever regretted buying Premium. Did I like all the content? Of course not. Quality varied and some batches were much worse than others. But by and large I always thought the investment in Premium paid off long term due to the huge quantity of maps that'd ultimately become available and the focused themes each pack usually had, whether it be new factions, assorted gear, vehicles, and map locations. I also thought it balanced nicely with the various deals and discounts DICE/EA would throw out as time passed, bringing more people into the Premium pool.

And I can say with confidence, at least on PC and for most part, I never had much of an issue finding people to play the Premium content with. Battlefield 1 Premium was basically the norm.
They always butchered the map rotations when it came to premium, at least in consoles. They traditionally didn't offer rotations that offered all of the maps (base plus premium), it was one or the other. Which was ok immediately after the first new maps got released, but really sucked after that.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Believed they tweeted it was fixed now? Isnt that the hold the line one?

Just checked Reddit this morning. Apparently you need to kill someone, with a stationary gun, on a point you hold. Going to try it now. The poster suggested Point E on Arras at the church. There's an MG you can build there.

EDIT: GOT IT!

Last edited:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Just need to finish the medic crate challenge and the bugged "Hold the Fort" now.

Outside of it not tracking a few times, I am really liking Tides of War. The challenges are easy enough for anyone to complete, the additional rewards/challenges are neat, and you won't need to grind it to finish most of it. Really nice job on this DICE.

Things will get more complex as we go along. First parts are meant as an introduction to core features we've in the game. To push people towards doing certain actions more. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, do I need to complete all tides of war assignments?? I completed the supply teammates with ammo pouches and have now unlocked the ammo crate assignment. But for some reason, the game is only tracking the resupply bandages/ammo at resupply stations and not the ammo crate resupplying I'm doing. Is this right?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm really interested in this game since it's $30 on Xbox. I might hop in.

But what I"m worried about is the map content. I'm watching the jackfrags review and looking at the tides of war, and 2 maps in 6 months sounds a bit.. slim I guess.

Have the developers commented if they plan on increasing the pace/amount of new maps released eventually?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It feels like a more polished game now. Honestly it feels like it has just been released. Again. Like for the 8th time lol I like the new animations when self healing and stuff

elenarie when starting Tides of War it shows this tutorial clip on attrition. It made me remember the real attrition of the beta and got thinking that it would be great to have an "Attrition Conquest mode", Where we're back to having few bullets, no health pack at the start and less loot from enemy soldiers. Attrition as it is works but I felt that the Beta's attrition was more "WW2" than the new one or something like that, and made supply stations and classes even more important in that regard. I really liked it.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's an unlockable jacket which says "For the Queen" on the back? It was posted on Reddit, it can't be real, right? I mean, DICE wouldn't that bloody ignorant of history.
There still was a Queen so technically it isn't wrong. Also the soldiers shout "For the King" and stuff like that in game.

"During the Second World War, the King and Queen became symbols of the fight against fascism.[68] Shortly after the declaration of war, The Queen's Book of the Red Cross was conceived. Fifty authors and artists contributed to the book, which was fronted by Cecil Beaton's portrait of the Queen and was sold in aid of the Red Cross.[69] Elizabeth publicly refused to leave London or send the children to Canada, even during the Blitz, when she was advised by the Cabinet to do so. She declared, "The children won't go without me. I won't leave the King. And the King will never leave."[70] "

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've had the same opinion since they started announcing their "free maps" thing, which always means less maps and content.

I was never let down by Premium on previous titles, and this idea that premium maps become impossible to play after a while I never encountered that either. The other night I booted up BF4 on PS4 and people were still playing plenty of the premium maps.

It forced EA and DICE to make that promised premium content, and it always delivered more than just maps, things like new game modes, new vehicles, new guns and new gadgets too.

I see this move towards free live services as nothing more then EA wanting to spend as little money as possible on post release content and if the game bombs they can easily just cut most of the funding for that game and move on to their next big thing.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm really interested in this game since it's $30 on Xbox. I might hop in.

But what I"m worried about is the map content. I'm watching the jackfrags review and looking at the tides of war, and 2 maps in 6 months sounds a bit.. slim I guess.

Have the developers commented if they plan on increasing the pace/amount of new maps released eventually?

This is pretty standard for games with free post release content. 1-2 maps every 6 months is what we'll get (if we're lucky).

Its going to suck if any of those new extra maps sucks (or you simply don't personally like it) cause then it means months before you hope for something new.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
As a medic, who played the class not for the best guns (in previous entires), but to help other teammates with medpacks and revives....Its rough.
Not only its the only class that cant jack shit on longer distance, but also has the least weapon variety. Assaults get Full auto- and semi-rilfes, suport gets lmg and shotguns and snipers self loading and bolt action snipers...

There are so few medics running around the field. Also the small health and ammo crates are useless since on one is using it. Having it to pick up manually is too much of a hassle for most people. Why isnt it auto pick up ?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I love playing as a medic, suits my aggressive playstyle, use the Sten for the British side and MP40 for the German haha.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
As a medic, who played the class not for the best guns (in previous entires), but to help other teammates with medpacks and revives....Its rough.
Not only its the only class that cant jack shit on longer distance, but also has the least weapon variety. Assaults get Full auto- and semi-rilfes, suport gets lmg and shotguns and snipers self loading and bolt action snipers...

There are so few medics running around the field. Also the small health and ammo crates are useless since on one is using it. Having it to pick up manually is too much of a hassle for most people. Why isnt it auto pick up ?

I went from being a Medic primarily to mostly playing Assault. Really don't think the medic is in a great spot even after those changes.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question, are the weekly loot drops behind contracts or why did I never got one so far? I had a few weapon parts in my arsenal the last few days I logged in but that can't be from that? The weekly drops aren't that lame right? (And incomplete)

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
If you think the single player is trash, you are right. But give last tiger a chance. Its a 1 hour short episode but by far the best one.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see a pair of skilled bombing runs will absolutely obliterate everything still.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017

In BF1 I thought it was worthwhile, those mixed servers stayed active until very recently. They did go out of their way to give people the DLC for free though, which I was fine with, but there were people who were unhappy.

BF3 and 4 didn't last nearly as well in my experience, although I wasn't a fan of the 4 map rotations for the DLC anyway.

I am worried bout content here. It obviously hasn't sold as well as they'd have hoped and the devs must be putting work into the BR mode. What happens if it takes off, do they focus on that going forward.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean it took us like what a year to get Russian DLC in Battlefield 1. And towards the end they literally ran out of ideas for maps in bf1

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The M1907 SF feels so weird now. A few times tonight I got the jump on a few dudes and hit basically NOTHING because of the vertical recoil. Kinda insane. Might have to increase my stick sensitivity

BF3 and 4 Premium were really solid buys. I never once regretted it. I honestly prefer that model over what we're getting now, even if it costs money.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty standard for games with free post release content. 1-2 maps every 6 months is what we'll get (if we're lucky).

Its going to suck if any of those new extra maps sucks (or you simply don't personally like it) cause then it means months before you hope for something new.

Ideally, this game gets 3 years of support with 4 or so maps a year

Games like Overwatch and Siege thrive off such a model. And I quite enjoy returning to a game with a unified player base, and mastering a map over getting 4 at once and then slowly realizing those maps are ghost towns come next release

A 3 year plan and 4 maps a year should be the standard for bf5, but who knows what to expect come 2019. I do think this game can sustain a growth, but seeing 1 map in 6 months is not encouraging

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I had no problem buying Premium but I absolutely did have trouble finding servers with the DLC like 1 month after each new release and when I did find a DLC server it was a rotation with nothing but the DLC maps. I much prefer this approach even if we end up with less content since I'll at least be able to play the new maps in whatever game mode I feel like playing on a given night.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Awesome UI you have there DICE.
Hey wanna check out your active assignments? Guess what the UI wont load and you have to restart the entire game..

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really getting all the hate for this game.

It's got a few bugs and the UI is pretty bad but it's an absolute ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.