• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Where can I get an overall look into what needs to be done? it's so confusing to find what to do in game

Play - Tides of War top tile. It will list everything that is active. The nodes you have not completed yet will be present in there.
On the server, open the pause menu at any time and you'll see your active ToW nodes in the top right.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Play - Tides of War top tile. It will list everything that is active. The nodes you have not completed yet will be present in there.
On the server, open the pause menu at any time and you'll see your active ToW nodes in the top right.

The Chapter Rewards screen with the progression "timeline" crashes every time. Is this known?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Alright thanks there must be so type of bug on the Xbox version because I couldn't see it this morning.

Any chance you guys could take a look at the rendering issues on the Xbox One X version? Some of the objects are rendering at the same rate as the normal Xbox One S.. meaning rocks are rendering/additional objects right in front of me as if I still had the Xbox one S with low VRAM.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Well tides of war has made it abundantly clear that medical creates have absolutely fuck all use. They should be removed from the game.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome UI you have there DICE.
Hey wanna check out your active assignments? Guess what the UI wont load and you have to restart the entire game..
This has been happening to me on the Xbox ever since the patch came out.

So when you pause the game, if you DON'T see your daily assignments, if you go into assignments it will "blur out" and force you to restart. Happens to me all the time. So I make sure if those daily's arn't there then don't attempt to look at your normal assignments. Not a fix but it should keep you from having to exit and reload :D

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well tides of war has made it abundantly clear that medical creates have absolutely fuck all use. They should be removed from the game.
It's tough to know what to do with crates. Most people run past it, or even if they do see it, mashing a button to collect is frustrating.

Maybe they can make it a radius healing thing? I know DICE want this animation priority thing but it's an added layer of things to do.

Maybe they can give the crate an added bonus for using, like overheal, or something.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
So when you pause the game, if you DON'T see your daily assignments, if you go into assignments it will "blur out" and force you to restart. Happens to me all the time. So I make sure if those daily's arn't there then don't attempt to look at your normal assignments. Not a fix but it should keep you from having to exit and reload :D

Thanks for the tip.. They should check this out.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Can this game work please, just one f'n time without any problems, is that too much?

OyS4oKX.png

So there are zero server in any game mode or map, huh? The server browser is such garbage, unbelievable that they haven't deactivated it.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Medic crates should be marked visually on screen so players know it's there (in a certain radius) I don't remember any indication of them other than just stumbling over them randomly.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
elenarie do you know if changes are planned to equalize visibility across all graphics settings to remove the huge advantage lower settings currently give?

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Is Tides of War only Conquest? Clicking on a mission I always start a conquest server.
What if I search for a Breakout server? Can I do the assignments there?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
They need to rework medic crates. There is absolutely 0 incentive to use them over the pouch. There is a simple solution. Medic pouch only heals allies without giving them an extra one while the crate heals them and also gives them 1 pouch.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Can this game work please, just one f'n time without any problems, is that too much?

OyS4oKX.png

So there are zero server in any game mode or map, huh? The server browser is such garbage, unbelievable that they haven't deactivated it.
Same issue here.
Try hitting reset button (X) then try again

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agree with everyone on uselessness of medic crates. I didn't realize until the Tides of War assignment how bad they are.

I completed the 20 bandages assignment in like 15 minutes, but after 20 minutes on the "do 200 healing with medic crates", I was less than 25% done. I was also hindering my team by not being able to heal effectively. It'd probably be faster to progress through Tides of War by switching to another class and bypassing the stupid medic crate assignment.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They need to rework medic crates. There is absolutely 0 incentive to use them over the pouch. There is a simple solution. Medic pouch only heals allies without giving them an extra one while the crate heals them and also gives them 1 pouch.
Let it heal passively like in the previous games. Problem solved lol.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want every class to be able to heal 2x. I don't even like that they can full heal once instantly after taking damage. TBH I think the slow regen from previous games was just better in every way.
The regen is even slower now though, hell I remember it being fast as shit in bf1

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The only way I finished the medic crate was getting some non-medic class alone with me.

In group fights you have like a billion medics putting it down, so yours never gets used. Or you have medics throwing pouches everywhere, so they don't bother.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe they should have it that only medics can build and have to resupply the health stations on each objective. Crate seems pointless while the health station are around.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So you can do all the paths if you want of the ToW assignment? You dont choose a specific route?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I was almost done with the tides of war stuff but looks like it bugged out and doesnt give me credits for resupplying, destroying forts etc... buggy POS.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
So you can do all the paths if you want of the ToW assignment? You dont choose a specific route?

Correct! As soon as you complete the first challenge of self healing, the next three are available to complete. You can see them cycle in the UI when you hit assignments in the options menu during a match.

It's kind of a smart idea on DICE's part because you can get to the weekly unlock at the end however you want. Completing all of them is just extra gravy for your overall ToW rank.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

You can do a specific route or all of them. I'm doing them all because you need the xp to get to rank 20 Overture.

I'd say if you only care about the weapons, just do a specific route. If you want to get to level 20 Overture for the other rewards, just do them all.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Last Tiger was fantastic. Best Battlefield campaign content ever by a longshot. Just long enough to keep the tank gameplay interesting throughout.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Shortish review of the new war story:

For me it's just 'okay' like the rest. It has the same problems as the other ones, namely its way too short to be invested in the characters, and the gameplay itself is essentially a tutorial to show off mechanics you use in multiplayer. Like they want to make you feel invincible in a Tiger, but it still takes damage instead of bouncing short barrel Sherman shells and sometimes takes 2-3 shots to destroy tanks. And again its all about being a Rambo, taking on hordes of enemies. Its sort of like a 1 hour Das Boot, except in a tank - but Das Boot is better in its original 293 minutes uncut format. The 'story' would have made more sense to me if it were simply them defending an actual frontline with the rest of the German army at the Rhine with the extreme confusion of their command at the time with no clear orders and stragglers unwilling to defend it, not behind enemy lines.

Also, In the beginning they show Muller I assume in North Africa where the Tiger did make an appearance in Tunisia and when they open fire they hit the rear most tank, but then they end up charging right at them. This would probably not have happened. They would have stayed at extreme ranges (miles), switched to hitting the front of the column then set about targeting everyone in between, which was a more common tactic. A nitpick thing I guess, but I wish they would be more realistic.

I commend DICE for putting the effort in, but if they want to do Singleplayer I feel it would be better if it were a separate focus from the Multiplayer. A lot of equipment presentation is missing in the Singleplayer too, like the Tiger story with Americans using Panzerfausts and Pak40's and Germans only having Panzer IV's and a Tiger, when there should be many other types.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Put some time into the patch. Thoughts and suggestions;

- Panzerstorm is...good? I don't really understand the dislike for it yet, or the poor early reception. It actually reminds me of, if anything, an old Battlefield 1942 map where the capture points are very spaced out. Surprisingly despite being so open I never felt frustrated as infantry, and I felt that tanks were spread out enough to keep the map flowing in an interesting yet non-intrusive way. The huge spacing gives a more realistic sense of scale to the topography and soldier journey. I was with a squad attacking the church, and because of the size many other players were busy doing shit elsewhere. So the engagement of us approach the church, which had an enemy using a MMG at the top and a tank patrolling, was really exciting and tense. I've only played it once, so I might sour on it later. But yeah, early impressions are positive.

- Reload animations for anti-tank placement cannons are welcome, I missed those from BF1. DICE, please change it to the BF1 system though, where the reload doesn't happen unless you manually do so. The issue with it is the smoke from the muzzle alongside the camera movement during reload makes it difficult to track the trajectory of the shot. BF1 had it right where if you wanted to quickly reload, you could, but you could also watch your shot to see if you were on target.

- Tank gunner ducking is welcome. Huzzah.

- Tides of War is basically just more assignments but I'm cool with that.

- Medic crates, like people discussing here, are kinda useless. I get what they're going for but most people don't care. I think x2 bandages would be too much of a buff, but yeah.

- Disappointed the more fun looking vehicle customisation still hasn't made it into the game, only paint jobs, but what do you do.

- Suggestion; when your fortification kit is open and active, maybe highlight on the minimap the location of weapon fortifications that can be built. I suggest this because as it is learning what needs to be built can be a case of juts running around and looking for highlighted items. Very easy to miss machine guns, anti-tank cannons, and so on. If playing Support it'd be nice if the minimap lit up the locations in the visible area of weapons that can be built.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The regen is even slower now though, hell I remember it being fast as shit in bf1
Once you start healing it is a bit slow in BFV I agree. I meant the auto regen though, I don't know why I worded it so poorly hah.

I don't like how you can see an Assault/Support/Recon by themself and you can do 90 damage and you just know that they will be at 100 health when you engage with them again. It makes rushing/flanking a wounded enemy near pointless now since you won't be at a health advantage odds are.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Every second game it doesn't continue to count the f'n Tides of War challenges. Every second game it doesn't work anymore and the menu just shows the first one again.

Man I'm really close to be done with this piece of garbage.
How can one company be so incompetent in absolutely everything? This shit really makes me angry.

Sir Swish

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh first challenge and its not counting the self heals. So deflating to go back to the menu and see nothing you've done counted.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Same. Some assignments dont get tracked well, some others are missing (class assignments) and I cant unlock the Last Tiger Skin because the Nö repair challenge is also buggy.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question regarding Tides of War, are the rewards available all the time? If I didn't play this week, would I not be able to get the MMG for example? Same if I return to the game in a months time or so.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Game needs to give WAY more company coins considering every fucking skin costs like 9000-30000 cc to unlock and you would need to play this game for a living in order to unlock anything. The grind is stupid. Who comes up with these numbers, do they play their own game?

You make like 100 cc from every match that takes like 30 min to finish. That is 1600cc for 8 hrs of play, its not enough to unlock specializations for a gun even. If you are lucky and your daily challenges are not bugged and not registering you can get a sweet 300 cc from that too, woo!.

This is the worst kind of grind and I am amazed they are not getting shit for that. I am guessing only reason is because not many people hit lvl 50 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.