• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Quick question regarding Tides of War, are the rewards available all the time? If I didn't play this week, would I not be able to get the MMG for example? Same if I return to the game in a months time or so.

Don't count on it.
Smells like typical artificial limitation bullshit that's there to force you to play more.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Game needs to give WAY more company coins considering every fucking skin costs like 9000-30000 cc to unlock and you would need to play this game for a living in order to unlock anything. The grind is stupid. Who comes up with these numbers, do they play their own game?

You make like 100 cc from every match that takes like 30 min to finish. That is 1600cc for 8 hrs of play, its not enough to unlock specializations for a gun even. If you are lucky and your daily challenges are not bugged and not registering you can get a sweet 300 cc from that too, woo!.

This is the worst kind of grind and I am amazed they are not getting shit for that. I am guessing only reason is because not many people hit lvl 50 yet.

That's exactly what they want though. Make it a grind so the micro transactions are really enticing once they are in.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Don't count on it.
Smells like typical artificial limitation bullshit that's there to force you to play more.
Well that would accomplish the opposite for me. I quickly drop games where I feel forced to play weekly in order to not miss out on anything.
In stream they said there will be other ways to get them later.

So who's right here? I assume DICE's stream is the most accurate info.

Regardless, we might want to wait for confirmation / clarification before burning down any houses.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Can you complete any Tides of War assignments on any mode?

I'd like to know this as well. What is the separate mode? Does it just put you in a random other mode?

My other question is did they update the music since the big patch in Grand Operations? Feels like it's a little more noticeable / louder and has different tracks for certain maps.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
So who's right here? I assume DICE's stream is the most accurate info.

Regardless, we might want to wait for confirmation / clarification before burning down any houses.
They said in the official stream that there will be other ways of getting the rewards after ToW ends. How much more clarification do you need? The only one saying anything else is Edge, who seems supremely salty at the game and just venting as far as I can tell.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
They said in the official stream that there will be other ways of getting the rewards after ToW ends. How much more clarification do you need? The only one saying anything else is Edge, who seems supremely salty at the game and just venting as far as I can tell.

Oh, I don't personally need more clarification. I would appreciate it "in writing," but I'm fine with it nonetheless.

Check that if you want the confirmation, its there somewhere: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344229294

There you go Edge et al.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Everything being locked behind high coin prices is a sign for micro transaction. I know they said you won't be able to buy weapons etc with real money but no one said you won't be able to buy coins. How else will they make money now since they already sell the game for -50%.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Everything being locked behind high coin prices is a sign for micro transaction. I know they said you won't be able to buy weapons etc with real money but no one said you won't be able to buy coins. How else will they make money now since they already sell the game for -50%.

Origin Access Premier and cosmetics.

Also—are actual weapons locked behind coins? Or just skills/specializations and skins?

Oct 25, 2017
Had a pretty great night 1 with Tides of War. Had Field of Tanks show up in Conquest rotation twice, and enjoyed the tug of war. Going to try and finish off week 1 today before Smash hits.

Last edited:

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
They kinda did though.

economy-v3.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

I think it's fairly clear from that image that real money is used to buy "Battlefield Currency" which is then used to buy cosmetic items and nothing else. I can understand the complaint that cosmetic items cost too much Company Coin, but if this is their idea for monetization for the foreseeable future then I'm willing to accept that.

Shawn6661

Oct 27, 2017
So, i tried the patch. Played 1 min on Rotterdam then black loading screen while changing map ...

No more black screen they said !

(PC Version)

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
Well, yeah.

What do you think is funding the development of Tides of War? Good intentions doesn't pay a studio's wages.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have no problem with skin prices personally. They don't give anyone a competitive advantage so I don't mind if I can't afford some skins in-game. Beats having to grind to be able to afford actual in-game characters like in Siege.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The TTD is starting to piss me off. I have zero feedback about being shot and boom, 1 shot and im dead. Also the KE7 is still a monster.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Medic crates should be marked visually on screen so players know it's there (in a certain radius) I don't remember any indication of them other than just stumbling over them randomly.
lmao I was literally shooting at random teammates to get their attention, spotting the crate for them to pick up a medkit just so I could get the task done. I feel like Dice should just implement an auto pick up from the med/ammo crates if you run over it or by proximity.

It was nice getting healed and stocked up on ammo, since everyone was forced to do it for the tides of war task. I hope it leaves an everlasting impression on the people planning to stay long term, so we can have competent players in squads especially If you're playing solo for a night.

Scouts dont even realize they have the best piece of equipment in the came with spawn beacons, I hope tides of war task changes that shit asap.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They kinda did though.

economy-v3.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

I think it's fairly clear from that image that real money is used to buy "Battlefield Currency" which is then used to buy cosmetic items and nothing else. I can understand the complaint that cosmetic items cost too much Company Coin, but if this is their idea for monetization for the foreseeable future then I'm willing to accept that.
Well we had this discussion before and while I agree with you (we will be able to buy coins with real money) people argued that since there is no connection between real world money and company coins this won't happen. I disagree though.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not really a fan of the new gun. I don't like the passiveness of MMGs and the bipod system needs work.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any word on a possible PC sale? I know the consoles got a 50% off deal, seems wrong PC players dont also get a deal like that.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Tired of Conquest.
People just play this like TDM.
Played 1 game , team losing a flag, and 2 team members camping close to it and dont even move to try capture the flag.
And medics, 2-3m and run away and no revive lmao.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with this game. It's decent but it's just not grabbing me the way past games have. I've put 20 hours into it, enough to feel like I at least got somewhat of my money's worth out of it. Maybe I'll be back for Firestorm.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with this game. It's decent but it's just not grabbing me the way past games have. I've put 20 hours into it, enough to feel like I at least got somewhat of my money's worth out of it. Maybe I'll be back for Firestorm.
I think this will be a "play for a week and trade back into GS for what I paid for it" game too

I'm enjoying the game despite the state it's in, but I don't imagine that either a large player base will stick around or that DICE will be quick enough with their updates. They have always moved at a snail's pace when it comes to post launch support, even when it was paid content.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Tides of War will keep me coming back. I have around 60h now, but I play a lot less now. I'll hop on at least once a week to get the assignments done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.