• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm almost level 10 in Tides of War already so it should be no issue to hit max. Challenges are not glitched so I earned the gun earlier. Wish it didn't need a bipod as I don't like that mechanic.

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, where are these 5 stationary weapons I need to build? Most of them are already built when the round starts.

On aerodrome (conquest), there's one between A and C and another between B and C. Both stationary turrets are facing towards C.

A way to check to whether a stationary weapon is near is if you bust out your fortification tool, the symbols will appear on your minimap (this works for supply stations as well).

Jan 4, 2018
I definitely don't get how the paradrop perk for the Blenheim MK I is supposed to work.

Nobody (except squad members) is spawning on my airplane to paradrop into the battlefield.
And when I have a squad member spawning on my Blenheim as the turret gunner and he decides to leave my airplane, it's the classic exit animation which takes a few seconds to jump out of the plane. Nothing special.

I though this perk was going to transform my Blenheim like the airplanes during Airbone on Grand Operations... It would have been so cool.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I guess this game is on 50% sale if you own a previous title. I *just* bought the game from Best Buy, so that's sad.

I'm enjoying the game because it's fairly addictive to keep everyone alive. I still disagree with the disemphasis on vehicle combat to prop up soldier combat to compete with CoD. BF2 was the last real BF game.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I absolutely love Dice shooters. Gameplay/visuals/sound. All top notch, every single time. But god almighty, they're so hilariously bad at things like tracking challenges, working menus, UI... etc..
Every damn time. Same with Battlefront.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Hoping there's one of these huge half off sales for the PC version at some point soon. Itching to jump in, but I can't afford another full-price game this month.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The Last Tiger is easily the best story of the bunch, until they force you out of the tank and saddle you with more stealth bullshit. I don't get it.

Worse the challenges are bugged. Specifically reach AA undetected and don't repair. I did both of these but the game doesn't seem to think so. Googled around, doesn't seem to just be me.

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017
The Last Tiger is easily the best story of the bunch, until they force you out of the tank and saddle you with more stealth bullshit. I don't get it.

Worse the challenges are bugged. Specifically reach AA undetected and don't repair. I did both of these but the game doesn't seem to think so. Googled around, doesn't seem to just be me.
You only have to stealth if you're doing the challenges.

Speaking of, my game crashed while I was going back to get all the letters and now I've collected all 6 yet it shows 4 out of 6 in the status. I tried going back to pick them up again and they're not there. Anyone else run into this or a way to fix it?

fmRNpux.jpg

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to ask if you tried a restart Hjod but did not want to be that dick asking did you try a restart. Glad it worked and next time I will.

So I just want to clarify something. For whatever reason I thought Tides of War was a new gameplay mode. Is it really just these specific assignments tied to other already existing modes? Or is there a new gameplay mode I have not discovered?

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to ask if you tried a restart Hjod but did not want to be that dick asking did you try a restart. Glad it worked and next time I will.

So I just want to clarify something. For whatever reason I thought Tides of War was a new gameplay mode. Is it really just these specific assignments tied to other already existing modes? Or is there a new gameplay mode I have not discovered?

Haha, I should have tried that before I complained to be fair.

I don't think there is any other game modes.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Liking the medic changes. Feels like I can toe to toe enemies and win, which means I can revive my team.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a shame that this game shipped in the state it's in. So many bugs and new ones popped up yesterday with the newest patch. Clearly, the game could have used about 3-6 more months in the oven. I think the game would have been huge in March (assuming BR would have been ready from Day 1). They had so much negative word of mouth coming out of the beta and from people that played it early with EA Access/Deluxe editions that it killed their success at the official launch. Hoping the game can recover and slowly start growing the player base, but it's got a ways to go. Game looks and plays awesome when you're not being handicapped by weird bugs/issues.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Are my squad mates and I the only ones NOT encountering more crashes and issues since the patch?

We have finished the Tides of War Assignments, and absolutely LOVE Panzerstorm... Fantastic map!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got a kill with stationary but the game failed to register it because my progress reseted again to tier 1. Fuck this shit im over it. At this point just give me my damn gun...

This is the worst live service experience ive ever had. Everything is broken.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got a kill with stationary but the game failed to register it because my progress reseted again to tier 1. Fuck this shit im over it. At this point just give me my damn gun...

This is the worst live service experience ive ever had. Everything is broken.

This. Haven't seen any acknowledgement of this. Needs to be fixed asap, and week one needs to be extended.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
So doing the Honoring the Past assigment, I've killed probably about 50-60 people with the Gewehr M95/30 while defending objectives and its not counted one.

Have I got to be inside the objectives for it to count? I've been covering with a sniper and picking people off from distance.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
So.....do we got like a Medic Supply Crate support group on Xbox? Let's group up and actually do this shit. Haha

Fanta

May 27, 2018
Did they re add the reloading animations on stationary weapons? I was using one of the cannons on the new map and it was playing a reload animation between shots again and was so surprised to see it again, as I thought they were removed permenantly.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been doing much better in combat, when necessary, as a Medic.

Also, nobody is taking health pouches from my Medical crate :( I want to complete that Tide of War chapter event challenge..

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A special reward will be available soon exclusively to subscribers of Origin Access Premier and Basic as well as EA Access.

If you play Battlefield™ V as a subscriber to either of these services from December 10–17, you'll receive the Silver Plated M1911, usable as a sidearm across both factions in your Company. All you have to do is subscribe and play between the aforementioned dates to find the item in the Shipments area. You must play during this window – miss it and you won't get the item!

DtviTEtU0AILEN-.jpg:large

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Big fuck you to EA, it's so shit how people who actually bought the game keep getting screwed over.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
You only have to stealth if you're doing the challenges.

Well first, that's not my point. And second, why wouldn't you go for the challenges?

Really what I'd like to say is that I don't understand the creative roadblock which led to so many Stealth challenges in an Arcade style WW2 shooter. Stealth challenges are for Splinter Cell. I probably wouldn't have minded a Stealth challenge or even two, but they fit multiple across each War Story and it just seems uncreative given all the other things you can do on these big open story maps...

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the patch completely wiped my progress in the second War Story. I have been taking my time with them (obviously) and was probably at least halfway through the 2nd one. Went to play it just now and it took me back to the very beginning. That sucks.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Fjell is the worst map for everything.Domination,Frontlines,Conquest.. it's only acceptable on TDM lol

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
First week of Tides of war done and currently rank 9/20. So far so good.

- Still missing all of my classes proficiency assignments tho.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
How are you supposed to deal with AA tanks playing like artillery? Can you deal with that? It's absolutely infuriating and makes me want to quit.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
On breakthrough Hamada, I decided to just spot all game. They never made it passed the first objectives. I don't think they knew what was going it. It was funny just watching a bunch of people die that I spotted. I think I killed like two people just because they stumbled upon me. We got top squad and I got +10k just from spotting lol.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A special reward will be available soon exclusively to subscribers of Origin Access Premier and Basic as well as EA Access.

If you play Battlefield™ V as a subscriber to either of these services from December 10–17, you'll receive the Silver Plated M1911, usable as a sidearm across both factions in your Company. All you have to do is subscribe and play between the aforementioned dates to find the item in the Shipments area. You must play during this window – miss it and you won't get the item!

Sad to see this.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Rip ps4

RNG

Oct 25, 2017

That's a very nice skin, but man that's a pretty big FU to deluxe and standard edition owners.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia

boooooooooo

I've used the M1911 as my main sidearm in like every BF game. Would have loved this on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.