• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to play with a group of friends with 6-8 people? We always make two squads, and try to use the server browser but we sometimes end up on different teams with no way to switch teams like the old days. Please help!!!
elenarie

Last edited:

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I am in love with the light tanks. The autocannon just shreds people to pieces.

I went 27-0 on Aerodrome Breakthrough on the attacking side with the Staghound. Hit and run tactics all day.

Feb 19, 2018
Big fuck you to EA, it's so shit how people who actually bought the game keep getting screwed over.
You're goddamn right. Especially because PS4 players have zero chance to get it and it's also like EA applying extra salt into the wounds of everyone who bought the game for full price (or at least close to it, I paid 42€ on CDKeys for the preorder that went live on the 20th) when console players can already pick it up for 30 bucks.

And let's not forget how god awful, buggy, glitchy and unbalanced the launch has been. Literally the only big improvement to the game so far has been The Last Tiger for me (which was half of the reason I bought the game, to be fair). Some appreciation for being full-price beta testers that had to deal with all the shit would be nice.

Also, while we're already at it, the auto-balancing in this game is still something else:

A294193783460DDA764E061662CC43F2ACC1699A

Autobalancing in BF1 not only actually did something but the Leviathans at least motivated to stick around for at least 70% of the match even when losing hard, rather than just leaving like rats fleeing a sinking ship (understandable with odds like on the screenshot, I did quit right after too).

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard they removed the 50% promotion on Origin? Was going to buy now since my premier just went out. guess I'll have to wait, hoping the deal will show up again.

BPK

Oct 27, 2017
This "heal your teammates with 400 points using a health crate" is the worst challenge of Tides of War. Nobody bothers to pick up health crates. Played Frontlines for an hour and only got to 88 points. The other challenge in the tree - use ammo crate - is just as bad for the same reason. No skin is worth this kind of tedious grind.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
After 8 hours, I've finally finished the final RSC mastery (10 headshots on objectives in one life or 20 in a round).
For anyone struggling with these, Conquest is the way to go.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So doing the Honoring the Past assigment, I've killed probably about 50-60 people with the Gewehr M95/30 while defending objectives and its not counted one.

Have I got to be inside the objectives for it to count? I've been covering with a sniper and picking people off from distance.

I think you need to be in the objective area yourself for it to count. The people you kill don't necessarily need to be inside the objective.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Two bugs, one big and one annoying. on ps4. First is that on some start ups for games (or when I join, not sure) the entire screen is black. Attempting to bring up the menu results in seeing my assignments visible, but nothing else.

Secon, there's a huge ass black trapezoid on the bttom half of the screen when using the binoculars to call in a V-1 and british equivalent as well as anything that requires binocs to activate.

Enilced2

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Tides of War challenges bugged? I've made zero progress on resupplying my teammates with pouches or resupplying myself from the stations over three complete conquest matches. All three of those challenges should be done by my count

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yeah? What's your secret? I need something similar to finish my Gewehr m95/30.
Mostly just roam about near enemy points. Spotting scope to find them, then shoot their head off. Conquest is nice because there's almost always someone at every point and it's not as dense as the other modes. I can get 60 kills on Breakthrough and still not finish an objective assignment because the objective areas are so small and they're always well-defended.

The smaller Conquest maps are good for this because it's easy to roam between objectives. I did it on Narvik; the bridge flags are great to troll around.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly just roam about near enemy points. Spotting scope to find them, then shoot their head off. Conquest is nice because there's almost always someone at every point and it's not as dense as the other modes. I can get 60 kills on Breakthrough and still not finish an objective assignment because the objective areas are so small and they're always well-defended.

The smaller Conquest maps are good for this because it's easy to roam between objectives. I did it on Narvik; the bridge flags are great to troll around.

Cool thanks. I don't think I've ever gone over 40 kills, let alone 60 though. Haha.

I've been enjoying Recon a lot though, I love the spotting scope, and the spawning beacon. I always miss those things when I go back to main class of Support.

I wish other Recons liked the spotting scope as much as I do though. Haha.

Deleted member 8702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The new patch restored the bug that freezes the game if you check assignments during a match. Gj DICE.

Edit: When I restarted the game the assignment I was trying to check on was completed, despite me having not met the requirements during the last match. How odd.

Last edited:

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
The new patch restored the bug that freezes the game if you check assignments during a match. Gj DICE.

Edit: When I restarted the game the assignment I was trying to check on was completed, despite me having not met the requirements during the last match. How odd.
I was encountering this bug last night... Was there a patch today?

"Heal Allies for 400 health using the Medic Crate" ....... WORST ASSIGNMENT EVER.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017

Happened to me too but with checking the server info.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
What are the current file sizes with the patches included? I'm going to pick it up from the library today and need to free up space on my external.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
Why did Dice have to mess up the Blued skins? They don't look anywhere near as cool anymore.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'm glad Tides of War has challenges for resupplying and healing, Supports now finally give out ammo!
It's just that the medical/ammo crate sucks and nobody uses it... I'm gonna be stuck on this part for a while.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Think people dont understand whats going on
....when EA confirms a patch themself

Edit: Servers shutting down? What are the critical issues? Ok im playing The Last Tiger . Maybe i get some answers

Last edited:

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I... have discovered machine guns. If you're in position and have a bipod down then you can easily mow down 3-4 guys before they even realise. Crazy.

Side note: using the bipod sucks. Half the time it doesn't even deploy. Other times your character will kinda just slide for no reason and the bipod will stop working. I very much a have a love hate relationship right now

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Where is 3D spotting in Tides of War? Coming soon?

Edit: giving Recons spotting scout so he can tell his Recon mates to help him out right?.......Hahahahahahah . DICE brillant

Last edited:

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wait

Are they adding spotting back in, old game style?
I wish... they should have limited 3D spotting to the squad, not remove it completely. My idea: 3D spotting limited to the squad and it stays as long as the spotter has the enemy in his field of view / line of sight. The 3D spotting stays at the point the spotter saw the enemy before he lost him. He has to re-spot him if he sees him again. This would simulate the communication of the enemy location to teammates and the spotted enemy can hide to lose the spotting which means he doesn't get tracked behind cover etc.

Last edited:

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm glad Tides of War has challenges for resupplying and healing, Supports now finally give out ammo!
It's just that the medical/ammo crate sucks and nobody uses it... I'm gonna be stuck on this part for a while.

Everytime i see an ammo box i reload my gun and take an ammo pack out of their ammo box to help that person . Heh

monkey D the good guy

Just put the box in the middle of the road . I think they made the ammo box shine gold after the patch.

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
They should just change the crates into the way they worked in previous games. Running around spamming a button to resupply people isn't fun gameplay. I realize that would limit the advantages of the pouch like in previous games, but just have the crate be a high level unlock or something.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've asked this before but didn't get a response, if I put down an AT or AP mine and die do they disappear or stay?

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Follow up, if I respawn and put new ones down are the old ones replaced?
I'm pretty sure 3 is the maximum you can have on the field at a time. If you respawn ( or get new one with ammo crates, support can refill rocket/mines with crate too but not with pouch ), putting a 4th mine will make the first one disapear and so on.

AT and AP limit is separate, so you can have 3 of each on the field at the same time.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Flanking on hamada Hahahahah , i really tried to Fortificate on that bridge. boy i need a shit ton of smoke grenades.

hamada breaktrough only prove things. It was clear from the beginning. In the end DICE are not only devs. They are gamers too

Edit : no way u let spawn enemy players or bots as i was trying to flank there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.