• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Do vehicles have super spotting powers or something?
I often take a single shot and then get lasered by an AA tank across the map.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Gotta say, I don't mind that the new TTK much even after playing more. I've been about the same either way. It's a little harder to flank and take out a larger group, but you have more freedom to move without the absurd oppressiveness that semi autos and SLRs brought to the field before. Of course, that's still balanced by the trash visibility and prone support plague, but those are issues in both.

New TTK is definitely here to stay. It'll be played more because of its placement and being the default, all the new players will get used to it over the holiday, and switching it back would be a giant hassle for Dice who can barely do even the most basic shit now.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Oh so now we have to play core so they hear us? Okay then, add a core filter and I'll rot there

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
JB2 assignment is just fucked, right? I've been in 2 squads where the leader has called one in and got 3+ kills and not got it. Then I called one in a squad leader myself and got 7+ kills and still didn't get credit. Sucks because the Sturmtiger is the better option 75% of the time.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Has anyone heard how the Tides of War content will be distributed other than the weekly challenges? Like if you miss a week?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
More and more playlists splitting the community is not what this game needs.

This is all so disappointing.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good that they put 2 different conquest modes in game but dont explain it to people, of course the original conquest will have more players.
Then Dice checks the data, new TTK mode have more players, so we keep this.
Just what?!

They should put both modes on equal place with some explanation what both modes are, not hide the old TTK somewhere that typical normal gamers are not gonna try to look for.

Old TTK is doomed to die at this point. Or I mean we will be back at the TTK fight that we had for few days now.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the "Master All Ranges" assignment is bugged, given none of my kills above or below 40m are tracking.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess the "Master All Ranges" assignment is bugged, given none of my kills above or below 40m are tracking.

Are all the assignment bugs that people talk here from consoles? Because I have done all assignments I want, only something didnt track maybe 2 times total, in 150h and it always was when I joined friends squad middle of the game I think.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I say they go with base and hardcore lists permanently.

Let the higher skilled players fight it out wirhout my old ass having to be cannon fodder for all the headshotters because I cant move my controller as well, regardless of my strategy and tactics being more measured and smart with the new game and not playing like a banshee like one might have in BF1

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
JB2 assignment is just fucked, right? I've been in 2 squads where the leader has called one in and got 3+ kills and not got it. Then I called one in a squad leader myself and got 7+ kills and still didn't get credit. Sucks because the Sturmtiger is the better option 75% of the time.

An update to this: if you actually click the assignment itself it mentions Arras Conquest. I haven't got time to play a round myself atm, but if anyone is stuck, trying getting a V2 on Arras and let me know.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Are all the assignment bugs that people talk here from consoles? Because I have done all assignments I want, only something didnt track maybe 2 times total, in 150h and it always was when I joined friends squad middle of the game I think.

Nah, PC on my end. Unless I'm missing something with this assignment? Do I have to use a particular weapon, or map?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Pretty sure I have at least 8 kills with the Reinforcements rockets in a squad but still I am not unlocking that last Tides of War assignment. :/

Also, really starting to annoy me that the vehicle icons are still bugged, they give indications that there are transports at the main base but when you spawn there, there are none around.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure I have at least 8 kills with the Reinforcements rockets in a squad but still I am not unlocking that last Tides of War assignment. :/

Also, really starting to annoy me that the vehicle icons are still bugged, they give indications that there are transports at the main base but when you spawn there, there are none around.

As soon as I got to that part, first game I took the leader from afk leader, got rocket, got 5 kills, assignment done.

Nah, PC on my end. Unless I'm missing something with this assignment? Do I have to use a particular weapon, or map?

I dont remember anymore. I almost always play conquest.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
As soon as I got to that part, first game I took the leader from afk leader, got rocket, got 5 kills, assignment done.

I dont remember anymore. I almost always play conquest.
People are way more active with actually giving orders so it's harder to take them, and when I do get the Squad Leader position, my squad has been always.....less than effective. :(

Will have to give it another try tomorrow.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Guess I should come back in February or March when they have finished the game up.
That time frame is being extremely generous. The game was always fighting an uphill battle for both warranted and totally unwarranted reasons. DICE just keeps adding fuel to the fire with all these idiotic patches that do nothing but cause more confusion and issues. They simply cannot stop fucking up.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So, I'm in a plane just spotting for my team on Hamada. It was fascinating just to watch them keep running into A and dying over and over. Eventually, there is a standoff and they just stop trying to take it all together. Around 200 tickets, someone finally got smart enough to flank and take another point. In all honestly, I should have probably bailed out over one of the points and took it, but I wanted to see how it played out and the spotting seems more useful. However, it got me thinking. The majority of this player base just doesn't care and no amount of TTK changes will fix this.

That's why you have players that never attempt to play the objectives, that's why you have all the support that go prone in a corner, that's why you have all the recon that sit miles away not doing anything, and that's why you have players' not repairing or reviving. If it doesn't get them kills, they don't give a shit.

BF always prided itself in teamwork and yet it just feels like a bunch of players running around just trying to find that best way to get a good k/d. It's pseudo teamwork. It gives the illusion of teamwork, but it's far from it. Then you have the small minority of players that actually have a team oriented mindset and get things done.

Maybe I'm just salty from that Hamada match (we lost 3/3 in the Grand Operation, no surprise there), but I've seen it time and time again. So that's my rant.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
An update to this: if you actually click the assignment itself it mentions Arras Conquest. I haven't got time to play a round myself atm, but if anyone is stuck, trying getting a V2 on Arras and let me know.
You don't need to play on Arras to get it, the assignment is bugged. I was able to get mine on Devastation the other night, and we got my friends theirs on Twisted Steel.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, I'm in a plane just spotting for my team on Hamada. It was fascinating just to watch them keep running into A and dying over and over. Eventually, there is a standoff and they just stop trying to take it all together. Around 200 tickets, someone finally got smart enough to flank and take another point. In all honestly, I should have probably bailed out over one of the points and took it, but I wanted to see how it played out and the spotting seems more useful. However, it got me thinking. The majority of this player base just doesn't care and no amount of TTK changes will fix this.

That's why you have players that never attempt to play the objectives, that's why you have all the support that go prone in a corner, that's why you have all the recon that sit miles away not doing anything, and that's why you have players' not repairing or reviving. If it doesn't get them kills, they don't give a shit.

BF always prided itself in teamwork and yet it just feels like a bunch of players running around just trying to find that best way to get a good k/d. It's pseudo teamwork. It gives the illusion of teamwork, but it's far from it. Then you have the small minority of players that actually have a team oriented mindset and get things done.

Maybe I'm just salty from that Hamada match (we lost 3/3 in the Grand Operation, no surprise there), but I've seen it time and time again. So that's my rant.

I think they have good chance to make people work as a team with assignments.
I could already see some good matches with everyone reviving, healing and giving ammo last week when tides of war made them do it.
If there was some loop for assignments to give players reason to do that it could make big difference.

But now there is just weekly tides of war that isnt even encouraging to work as team every week and those normal assignments are done once and then you have just weapon assignments left.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm in a plane just spotting for my team on Hamada. It was fascinating just to watch them keep running into A and dying over and over. Eventually, there is a standoff and they just stop trying to take it all together. Around 200 tickets, someone finally got smart enough to flank and take another point. In all honestly, I should have probably bailed out over one of the points and took it, but I wanted to see how it played out and the spotting seems more useful.
Nothing is more important than starting to cap the back points early on. If no vehicle tries to flank, or if no vehicle makes it past the defenses, then someone in a plane needs to do it. The ticket bleed is just way too high when a team has all objectives.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Besides the Drilling, I really like the Selb 1916 after the TTK change. Sure, it has the lowest RoF, but the 26 rounds more than make up for it now.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I saw thebrokenmachines vid and I agree in large. He spoke of how this game rewards defensive scopes playing and that this patch doesn't help but amplify that meta.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Panzerstorm is such a good map. More like that plz.

Also I unlocked the ratburner (by accident, I went to the main menu to see my progress and saw I was already done). It's... not quite peak fashion. Just give me gas masks plz.

robert-sammelin-robertsammelin-19.jpg

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
I say they go with base and hardcore lists permanently.

Let the higher skilled players fight it out wirhout my old ass having to be cannon fodder for all the headshotters because I cant move my controller as well, regardless of my strategy and tactics being more measured and smart with the new game and not playing like a banshee like one might have in BF1
I stand with you my fellow old assed brethren!

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Had a V1 rocket hit the ground and not explode.... Was right in the middle of about 5 guys too.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to boycott the new TTK. Hardcore conquest for me until other gamemodes join the hardcore family.

Oct 27, 2017
There were more cq servers in the EU on bf1 than bfv for me at least last night.

I ended up playing bf1.

The fucking maps are terrible on v. The ammo crate is almost pointless because nobody uses them or they fall through the floor. Dice lost the plot with this one

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
There were more cq servers in the EU on bf1 than bfv for me at least last night.

I ended up playing bf1.

The fucking maps are terrible on v. The ammo crate is almost pointless because nobody uses them or they fall through the floor. Dice lost the plot with this one

Lucky. I tried playing BF1 and all I could find were those Road to BFV four-map servers with fucking Suez in the rotation :/

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Even though I only die if someone is behind me with the new TTK, I still don't like it. Went 70-13 and all the deaths were from behind. Face to face I destroyed the whole team. Going back to conquest core now

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
jeez i went back to CQ core after a full day with the new TTK. The old one is SO much better.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, I don't mind that the new TTK much even after playing more. I've been about the same either way. It's a little harder to flank and take out a larger group, but you have more freedom to move without the absurd oppressiveness that semi autos and SLRs brought to the field before. Of course, that's still balanced by the trash visibility and prone support plague, but those are issues in both.

New TTK is definitely here to stay. It'll be played more because of its placement and being the default, all the new players will get used to it over the holiday, and switching it back would be a giant hassle for Dice who can barely do even the most basic shit now.
I am totally used to it now and think its fine. I play the same as i did before and nothing has much changed. You can react more now yourself on getting hit and thats nice.
The biggest difference has been the spotting issue being fixed. Makes flanks now rewarding.

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
Lol Suez is bfv map tier rubbish
I wish you'd specify what game mode you're playing when you shit on the maps in BFV. Rotterdam is a really good Conquest map, but jesus christ it's a horrid map for Breakthrough because you have 32 players camping a single point in the parking hall and you have no other points to capture to divide the defenders. I only really play Conquest outside of daily challenges, and most of the maps in BFV are on par with, if not better than, anything BF1 had to offer. Conquest is easily the most popular game mode in BF games, so when people talk about maps it's logical to assume they talk about Conquest versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.