• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I dont agree. IMO, the medic class should not have long range rifles, as the class is intended to stay somewhat close to the team to assist with med packs,
Revives, and distraction, (i.e. smokes to help push forward) Having a dedicated long range rifle may increase the amount of players using the class, but I can see most of those players just sitting with the rest of the recons on a hill somewhere 300 yards away from the objectives and the team.

Edit: nothing against recons in general. Just the turds padding their K/D from 20km away.

The engagement ranges are way longer and favor mid range and long range weapons.

I don't think it's silly that people who play medics in a fps actually wanna play a fps and not some support role.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
lol

50138673_1716490535124296_512997933285638144_o.jpg
😂

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
I dont agree. IMO, the medic class should not have long range rifles, as the class is intended to stay somewhat close to the team to assist with med packs,
Revives, and distraction, (i.e. smokes to help push forward) Having a dedicated long range rifle may increase the amount of players using the class, but I can see most of those players just sitting with the rest of the recons on a hill somewhere 300 yards away from the objectives and the team.

Edit: nothing against recons in general. Just the turds padding their K/D from 20km away.
I agree. The medic class just needs something that will compete at mid-range and we'd be good to go. Also, snipers and medics are definitely NOT the same thing, just like you said!

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
The engagement ranges are way longer and favor mid range and long range weapons.

I don't think it's silly that people who play medics in a fps actually wanna play a fps and not some support role.
I do when it seems like 3/4 of your team is playing as a flipping sniper and the rest of us are sent to the wolves without any backup. Don't say snipers back you up, I've never had a sniper back me up in a BF game.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
In comparison to the last one I'd say they are.
Smg aren't viable atm.
I don't feel that way. Perception wise, there are less transportation vehicles like jeeps that help get to farther objectives quicker, but I don't think the maps have gotten big enough in BF5 that it effects gameplay in a negative way. In fact, I like the bigger maps because it allows more varied combat engagements and I don't feel like I am forced to join the meat grinder. Of course, that's my personal preference so I don't expect you to share that same opinion, but each class should be supporting their squad at the micro level and team on a macro level, and in doing so, should take advantage of the support that player can give based on the class role chosen.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is a new one. I'm perm downed, I can't be revived nor can I respawn. Well, I'm done for the day.

ded.png

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Haven't played for about 2 weeks now. Nothing makes me want to play so I'm waiting for 17th of January

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'll play a match or so a day, but that's about it. I have around a 140h now. There are still some vehicles I want to finish leveling (mainly the Stukas), but I don't have enough CC anyways. Plus I'm trying to save for the other half of Royal Motivation (13.7k CC lol). I pretty much have all the weapons I like leveled, so that's not an issue.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You can be revived. This has happened to me a couple of times. A couple of minutes of begging in text chat did the trick.

Squadmates tried to revive me afterwards and it wouldn't work. Also, medics would come around and try then leave.

What happen was I was down and right when I was about to die, a squadmate started to revive and was immediately killed. Perm death bugs seem to happen when something immediately changes the outcome. For instance, I spawned in a halftrack before. The millisecond I started to spawn in (how it zooms in on the map) the halftrack was destroyed and killed me, I couldn't respawn after that and was stuck on the deployment screen until I quit the game.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Once medics get a better weapon, us medics who have been in training for the past month are going to be steamrolling dudes. Smokes plus an above average weapon is (hopefully we get one) going to be beast mode.
I haven't been following BF5 post-Beta (opted not to buy the game, first mainline entry I've skipped since BF2142), so apologies if this has been discussed to death or has a simple answer:
If the medic weapons are underpowered and the class is underplayed (they should have perfect telemetry to prove or disprove the latter) as a result, why wouldn't they just revert the SMGs to their Beta levels? The fully upgraded Sten was brilliant in the Beta.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel that way. Perception wise, there are less transportation vehicles like jeeps that help get to farther objectives quicker, but I don't think the maps have gotten big enough in BF5 that it effects gameplay in a negative way. In fact, I like the bigger maps because it allows more varied combat engagements and I don't feel like I am forced to join the meat grinder. Of course, that's my personal preference so I don't expect you to share that same opinion, but each class should be supporting their squad at the micro level and team on a macro level, and in doing so, should take advantage of the support that player can give based on the class role chosen.

All of the suggested ideas aren't really helping for the FPS part.
Judging from how Dice needed to patch help and looking at player count for medics I cannot see them as viable on all maps. But the meta of peeps laying down with a 3x scope points to medics having a hard time.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've got about 9000 CC. Probably gonna save it up for buying future weapons and leveling them up. Especially the rumored Browning.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
who's the genius that designed the reload animation for the fieldguns ? I get that they wanted to make it less clunky than it was in BF1, but now you just can't see where your shot lands because the stupid animation starts and ends exactly between the instant you fire and the impact. You just can't really see if your shot was too high or low because of that. They should simply use a reload timer like the tank reload one and not use this animation at all (or at worse come back to the BF1 system)

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
who's the genius that designed the reload animation for the fieldguns ? I get that they wanted to make it less clunky than it was in BF1, but now you just can't see where your shot lands because the stupid animation starts and ends exactly between the instant you fire and the impact. You just can't really see if your shot was too high or low because of that. They should simply use a reload timer like the tank reload one and not use this animation at all (or at worse come back to the BF1 system)
If you hold the fire button you can track your shots. I wouldn't have known about it if I didn't read about it elsewhere. It's not super intuitive.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I am playing my way backwards through the BF catalogue, yesterday was BF4 time (a game I have played for just around 200 hours). This game doesn't hold up for me for some reason. Maybe it was because of the maps which consist of 90% Locker or Metro, I don't know. Coming directly from BF5 and BF1 it really felt underwhelming. It also made me appreciate that they toned down all the vehicles in the next games. I like vehicle combat WHEN I AM IN THEM. It can be pretty frustrating if you are not and get constantly swarmed by tanks, jets and helicopters. It's also pretty telling that I immediately had the same vaulting issues. That shit is so frustrating.
I am just waiting for the BF5 January patch at this point. I hope it's good.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
BF4 gets a lot of praise but it's trash, the maps are poorly designs and on top of shit design you have very poor flag placement in conquest to force choke point battles, same shit in BF1, take Sinai Desert, massive map but due to shittty flag placement you basically have choke point battles on one side of the map when the other side is mainly ignored..IMO the last great BF game is BF3, map design is top notch, Caspien Border is Dice at their best, Locker is Dice at their worse, they found a way to make an even worse Metro..

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
The main reason BF4 is as praised as it is is because for console players it was the first time a Battlefield game had 64 players. Same thing with BF3 tbh, if you played on consoles it was your first mainline Battlefield game. BF3 and especially BF4 (PC peak was like 40k, whereas BF1's PC peak was over 100k) were wildly less popular on PC than the earlier BF games. They're both pretty bloated and mediocre imo, but for a significant portion of the playerbase they were very novel experiences.

The maps are definitely more open outside of a handful of maps like Sinai or Hegioland.

On most of the "big" 3/4/1 maps the maps may seem really open, but the flags themselves are all in a skyscraper or parking lot or some other small place where everyone has to get in each others' face to cap. Looking at BF1 maps, which a lot of people complained were too open: When you arrive at flag C on Empire's Edge, where is the fighting going to be? Inside those two towers. Amiens E flag, where are the enemies? All bunched up in cramped alleyway. Ballroom Blitz C flag? The bunker caps that make up the bulk of flags on Argonne, Monte Grappa, Verdun Heights, etc.? Basically all of Fort De Vaux? The miscellaneous towns, trenches, and other cramped environments that make up the flags on Giant's Shadow, Suez, Soissons, Nivelle Nights, etc.? All CQC flags.

BFV's flags by contrast are pretty large, you can cap from outside the range of an enemy's smg.

Oct 26, 2017
So how much do you get for a game now? No one knows right? How do we even know if it's fixed if we don't know how much CC we should get.
That's probably the stupidest thing about this whole thing... it's just been months of people sitting there going "so we get 300 CC for the daily quests and then.... ????"

Sometimes it tells me I just earned 1,000 at the end of the game for no specific reason that I can discern, and it's not like it actually gets added on to my total. What are the rules for fuck's sake DICE?

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably the stupidest thing about this whole thing... it's just been months of people sitting there going "so we get 300 CC for the daily quests and then.... ????"

Sometimes it tells me I just earned 1,000 at the end of the game for no specific reason that I can discern, and it's not like it actually gets added on to my total. What are the rules for fuck's sake DICE?

I've noticed that too, but from what I can gather, the summary screen is just showing shit that you've already unlocked and earned from even before the most recent game. That's why it's not getting added. I recognized some of the symbols for some ToW assignments for example, and was wondering why it looks like I unlocked them again. It looks to be a bug that is not clearing the summary screen.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

I actually get those thousands. It always looks like I get them for that would have been a level up after level 50.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
BFV's flags by contrast are pretty large, you can cap from outside the range of an enemy's smg.

This is one of the things I really like about BFV. The capture areas are pretty big and it changes the gameplay up nicely for both the attacker and defender. Hunkering down somewhere unnoticed until squad-mates can spawn when you know you are the only one left against lots of enemies (*), or sloping out the back in these situations to make the opposition think someone killed you and they are free to move on to the next one (**).

(*) Or waiting for stupid team mates who don't understand and spawn, stand over you and unload a clip into you whilst drawing the attention of the real enemies...
(**) Because no one actually defends a flag - onward for more kills! They need to buff the points you get for a successful defend order.

I've noticed that too, but from what I can gather, the summary screen is just showing shit that you've already unlocked and earned from even before the most recent game. That's why it's not getting added. I recognized some of the symbols for some ToW assignments for example, and was wondering why it looks like I unlocked them again. It looks to be a bug that is not clearing the summary screen.

I thought for a while it was everything from your current session or current server, but there are cases where even that doesn't hold. Just assume it's stuff you've earned but not necessarily in the last round, day or year ;)

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
BF4 gets a lot of praise but it's trash, the maps are poorly designs and on top of shit design you have very poor flag placement in conquest to force choke point battles, same shit in BF1, take Sinai Desert, massive map but due to shittty flag placement you basically have choke point battles on one side of the map when the other side is mainly ignored..IMO the last great BF game is BF3, map design is top notch, Caspien Border is Dice at their best, Locker is Dice at their worse, they found a way to make an even worse Metro..

The maps are debatable, BF3 had lot of shit map design as well coming off the BC series as it wasn't well through out for the larger player modes in many cases. Also lot of the people preferring BF4 over 3 is because 3 had so many problems overall in it's design. Attachment design, weapon problems, mortars, the suppression. BF4 pretty much improved on most of the game mechanics of 3, and the maps were overall better suited for larger game play. BF3 had more stand out maps I think for sure, but the overall game, 4 once they ironed out the launch was a better overall package.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Whoa, a Stug III in that screenshot, interesting.

Also, I wish that the 'skill' trees for weapons and vehicles didn't require company coins at all, because if I want to reset it not only do you have to spend coin for the reset but you have to spend coin all over again to try a different path.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah I've tried to play this days, I love the game but my main problem nowadays is getting into a match. I can only play at peak hours so I face these:

- Empty servers, or full servers with 5+ queue (specially if I want to play Frontlines, only two servers full, the other with 1 patient person)
- A couple of servers with avaliable slots, with them being those 12 vs 32 servers that even when it finally completes, it's just an unbalanced match where the team gets obliterated.

this is what is actually keeping me from playing and enjoying as I did before the new year.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I wish that the 'skill' trees for weapons and vehicles didn't require company coins at all, because if I want to reset it not only do you have to spend coin for the reset but you have to spend coin all over again to try a different path.

Are you sure a reset requires more CC? I didn't think it did. Guns at least didn't cost a thing to reset and choose a different path when I did it. Thought it just cost when you pick the first skill of a particular level. May be different for vehicles?

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Are you sure a reset requires more CC? I didn't think it did. Guns at least didn't cost a thing to reset and choose a different path when I did it. Thought it just cost when you pick the first skill of a particular level. May be different for vehicles?

I can try it when I get home, but I thought that was the case. I'm almost afraid to try it again since coinage gain is sparse.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
the amount of neo-nazis in this game is definitely something else, just got called a subhuman by a German player cause I'm Polish. and this is not the first time I experienced Nazi apologists in the game. It seems it brings something bad out of a certain percentage of German players. Seen way too many "WehrmachtRules_de", "HutlerloverGER", "DeutchslandUberAlles" or similar nicks.

Censorship obviously doesn't work, you just change one letter in the word and can write whatever you want. The reporting system is so broken, that whenever I try to report a cheater or a griefer, it is not possible because Origin fucks up.

Also, whenever a German squad is the best in the match, the after-game presentation just rubs me the wrong way, something like "straight out of Treblinka", but this is me being oversensitive I bet.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
the amount of neo-nazis in this game is definitely something else, just got called a subhuman by a German player cause I'm Polish. and this is not the first time I experienced Nazi apologists in the game. It seems it brings something bad out of a certain percentage of German players. Seen way too many "WehrmachtRules_de", "HutlerloverGER", "DeutchslandUberAlles" or similar nicks.

Censorship obviously doesn't work, you just change one letter in the word and can write whatever you want. The reporting system is so broken, that whenever I try to report a cheater or a griefer, it is not possible because Origin fucks up.

Also, whenever a German squad is the best in the match, the after-game presentation just rubs me the wrong way, something like "straight out of Treblinka", but this is me being oversensitive I bet.
Quiet, subhuman!

Kidding... That is shitty, they really need a better report system. Origin's requires you to navigate through 3-4 different menus while you are in game. It is abysmally bad.

Honestly, it is just people trying to be humorous, or generally being shitty people... Just ignore them and find a cool group of people to play with. If you don't have any buddies that play, add me on Origin.

Origin Name: Bikini_Assailant

They have to keep you "excited"
It is funny, because it did the complete opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.