• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm guessing they encompass Combined Arms, Rush, Squad Conquest and the panzerstorm Grand Operation as being part of Lightning Strikes, not just the assignments/weapon unlock every weeks.

Heh, it's like the Simpsons episode where Marge keeps re-using the same Dress in different shapes to impress her peers

Oct 26, 2017
I can try it when I get home, but I thought that was the case. I'm almost afraid to try it again since coinage gain is sparse.
Yeah, it doesn't require more CC. Since I'm broke all I can really do is fuck with old trees rather than spec out all the weapons I've already grinding out, lol. But I can see why it's confusing. Like hey, why is there a reset button for the tree? Why can't you just click the different specializations whenever you want? I get that later choices are dependent on earlier choices but... so what? If a change invalidates a path, just shift it over to the valid path. Updating your specialization is so annoying in this game.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Someone explain the PIAT to me. It doesn't hit where it says it will. It makes a little red dot on the minimap but it won't hit there. What's the deal?

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
I dont agree. IMO, the medic class should not have long range rifles, as the class is intended to stay somewhat close to the team to assist with med packs,
Revives, and distraction, (i.e. smokes to help push forward) Having a dedicated long range rifle may increase the amount of players using the class, but I can see most of those players just sitting with the rest of the recons on a hill somewhere 300 yards away from the objectives and the team.

Edit: nothing against recons in general. Just the turds padding their K/D from 20km away.
In my experience the entire team is at long ranges, not just recons. On most maps, I'm just hanging around my team who are in long range engagements while I sit back and heal, waiting for somebody to die so I can revive them. Shooting is usually a terrible idea because I won't be killing anybody and more likely I'll be the one dying.

When it's time to actually take the objective, I might get 1 kill because by then it's just cleanup.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
In my experience the entire team is at long ranges, not just recons. On most maps, I'm just hanging around my team who are in long range engagements while I sit back and heal, waiting for somebody to die so I can revive them. Shooting is usually a terrible idea because I won't be killing anybody and more likely I'll be the one dying.

When it's time to actually take the objective, I might get 1 kill because by then it's just cleanup.
I hear ya. There are those players, though, in every match who will move forward and go for the objectives and those are the folks I want to be a part of. Support with smokes and meds. Yeah, I can stay back and support whoever is back there, but why would I want to do that? Sure, it's safe, but am I helping the team win? On top of that, who doesn't like having a medic around that can help with those things when pushing forward?
Edit: I try to get in squads that are pushing the objectives. Sometimes it takes a few switch-a-Roos before I find one, but more times than not, as long as they aren't full, I'll find one or make my own.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Battlefield V community,

Since the launch of Battlefield V, you've come together as a community, providing us your feedback on what you like about Battlefield V and the areas where it can improve. One of the more prominent issues is the accrual of Company Coin at max Career Rank. We want to provide visibility into why this is happening and the efforts we're taking to tackle it.

Let's get on the same page so we're clear with what the issue is. The issue we are seeing prevents players who achieved the max Career Rank of 50 to continue accruing Company Coin. This meant that players were no longer able to buy new items or spec their weapons from the Company and the Armory, spending hard-earned Company Coin on what they wanted.

We've been tackling this issue since launch and have been testing proposed fixes. As of today, we released a back-end fix that resolved the issue for many of our affected players, while some are still not receiving Company Coin. This issue is of high priority for us and are committed to fully addressing it.

As we continue to investigate, we're seeing that the issue may be related to the scripts and data pulls our back-end relies on when checking a player's rank against the actions they just took, such as ending a round (win or lose), unlocking an achievement, or completing an assignment.

With every fix and update, we must ensure that the build changes or back-end/server-side adjustments we make doesn't impact anything else in the process. The complexity of the issue means that we must take extra caution and remain diligent in our approach.

Now, many of you have asked for visibility on how many Company Coin players can expect when they finish a round at max Career Rank. When a player at Career Rank 50 finishes a round they are awarded a predetermined amount of Company Coin for the Score they ended the round with. For example, currently ending a round with a Player Score of 500-999 will net you 25 Company Coin, ending with a Player Score of 1,000-1,999 with result in 50 Company Coin, and so forth. The higher the Score you end with the more Company Coin you will receive. Please note that the system will be under continual refinement as we strike the right balance between earned currency and playtime.

Finally, we are also prioritizing two elements related to the issue. First, we plan to retroactively award players who have missed Company Coin at Rank 50 while this issue has persisted. We're currently developing a script that will do the heavy lifting on this. Additionally, the End of Round screen is reporting inaccurate Company Coin earned. At the moment, you will not see the correct amount of Company Coin earned but will see an increase in your inventory bank.

We appreciate your patience through these issues and thank you for your continued feedback. We are committed to fully addressing these and will provide you with frequent updates on progress.

- The Battlefield Team

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST

Since the launch of Battlefield V, you've come together as a community, providing us your feedback on what you like about Battlefield V and the areas where it can improve. One of the more prominent issues is the accrual of Company Coin at max Career Rank. We want to provide visibility into why this is happening and the efforts we're taking to tackle it.

Let's get on the same page so we're clear with what the issue is. The issue we are seeing prevents players who achieved the max Career Rank of 50 to continue accruing Company Coin. This meant that players were no longer able to buy new items or spec their weapons from the Company and the Armory, spending hard-earned Company Coin on what they wanted.

We've been tackling this issue since launch and have been testing proposed fixes. As of today, we released a back-end fix that resolved the issue for many of our affected players, while some are still not receiving Company Coin. This issue is of high priority for us and are committed to fully addressing it.

As we continue to investigate, we're seeing that the issue may be related to the scripts and data pulls our back-end relies on when checking a player's rank against the actions they just took, such as ending a round (win or lose), unlocking an achievement, or completing an assignment.

With every fix and update, we must ensure that the build changes or back-end/server-side adjustments we make doesn't impact anything else in the process. The complexity of the issue means that we must take extra caution and remain diligent in our approach.

Now, many of you have asked for visibility on how many Company Coin players can expect when they finish a round at max Career Rank. When a player at Career Rank 50 finishes a round they are awarded a predetermined amount of Company Coin for the Score they ended the round with. For example, currently ending a round with a Player Score of 500-999 will net you 25 Company Coin, ending with a Player Score of 1,000-1,999 with result in 50 Company Coin, and so forth. The higher the Score you end with the more Company Coin you will receive. Please note that the system will be under continual refinement as we strike the right balance between earned currency and playtime.

Finally, we are also prioritizing two elements related to the issue. First, we plan to retroactively award players who have missed Company Coin at Rank 50 while this issue has persisted. We're currently developing a script that will do the heavy lifting on this. Additionally, the End of Round screen is reporting inaccurate Company Coin earned. At the moment, you will not see the correct amount of Company Coin earned but will see an increase in your inventory bank.

We appreciate your patience through these issues and thank you for your continued feedback. We are committed to fully addressing these and will provide you with frequent updates on progress.

- The Battlefield Team
Keep the communication coming, DICE. Hopefully now that the holidays are over, we will be seeing more and more as the community gives input.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I haven't been following BF5 post-Beta (opted not to buy the game, first mainline entry I've skipped since BF2142), so apologies if this has been discussed to death or has a simple answer:
If the medic weapons are underpowered and the class is underplayed (they should have perfect telemetry to prove or disprove the latter) as a result, why wouldn't they just revert the SMGs to their Beta levels? The fully upgraded Sten was brilliant in the Beta.
Got me. The Sten is still pretty beasty, but it's still overpowered by other weapons in other classes.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
The main reason BF4 is as praised as it is is because for console players it was the first time a Battlefield game had 64 players. Same thing with BF3 tbh, if you played on consoles it was your first mainline Battlefield game. BF3 and especially BF4 (PC peak was like 40k, whereas BF1's PC peak was over 100k) were wildly less popular on PC than the earlier BF games. They're both pretty bloated and mediocre imo, but for a significant portion of the playerbase they were very novel experiences.

The maps are definitely more open outside of a handful of maps like Sinai or Hegioland.

On most of the "big" 3/4/1 maps the maps may seem really open, but the flags themselves are all in a skyscraper or parking lot or some other small place where everyone has to get in each others' face to cap. Looking at BF1 maps, which a lot of people complained were too open: When you arrive at flag C on Empire's Edge, where is the fighting going to be? Inside those two towers. Amiens E flag, where are the enemies? All bunched up in cramped alleyway. Ballroom Blitz C flag? The bunker caps that make up the bulk of flags on Argonne, Monte Grappa, Verdun Heights, etc.? Basically all of Fort De Vaux? The miscellaneous towns, trenches, and other cramped environments that make up the flags on Giant's Shadow, Suez, Soissons, Nivelle Nights, etc.? All CQC flags.

BFV's flags by contrast
You like the Sten better than the MP40?
I'm not sure yet. I definitely put more time in with the mp40, so I am comfortable with how it operates and it's limitations. I think the mp40 rules the roost with hip firing between the two, but I am just starting the assignment on the sten that requires 30 or 60 hip fire kills so I guess I will see how that goes.

How about you?

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
I'm not sure yet. I definitely put more time in with the mp40, so I am comfortable with how it operates and it's limitations. I think the mp40 rules the roost with hip firing between the two, but I am just starting the assignment on the sten that requires 30 or 60 hip fire kills so I guess I will see how that goes.

How about you?
I've been MP40 all the way since I unlocked it. I haven't been on the game in a few weeks, but I think I hadn't upgraded the Sten fully.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017

- The Battlefield Team
Seems good.

At the same time I really wonder why they didn't simply kept the levels going indefinitely ( with a prestige system or whatever ). It would streamline the means of getting CC and give player a constant objective when it comes to progression.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Seems good.

At the same time I really wonder why they didn't simply kept the levels going indefinitely ( with a prestige system or whatever ). It would streamline the means of getting CC and give player a constant objective when it comes to progression.
Hopefully when we find out why, it will be for good reasons.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So,

500-999: 25cc
1000-1999: 50cc
2000-2999: 75cc
3000-3999: 100cc
4000-4999: 125cc
5000-5999: 150cc
6000-6999: 175cc
7000-7999: 200cc
8000-8999: 225cc
9000-9999: 250cc
etc.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having trouble getting on ea servers? It won't let me connect on PS4 and I've tried closing and reopening the game

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, it doesn't require more CC. Since I'm broke all I can really do is fuck with old trees rather than spec out all the weapons I've already grinding out, lol. But I can see why it's confusing. Like hey, why is there a reset button for the tree? Why can't you just click the different specializations whenever you want? I get that later choices are dependent on earlier choices but... so what? If a change invalidates a path, just shift it over to the valid path. Updating your specialization is so annoying in this game.

Okay yeah I just checked it again now. I was definitely incorrect, sorry about that folks! The reset button and respecing does not cost more coins, just tried it now. I don't know why I thought it did unless it was that way on release, I must be losing my mind.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Just wondering what you guys think...

I've been a huge BF fan since the beginning and as many of you, I'm disappointed with BFV and I'm thinking it might be due to pressure from EA to release BF games every 2 years. I think adding an extra year or even two would have make this game mind blowing. Just like BF1942 was for me.

With the recent news about Bungie leaving Activition which everyone seems to think it's a great move. What are the chances of DICE leaving EA and going back independent? Knowing EA's using DICE assets (Frostbite) and EA owning Star Wars Rights, I'm pretty sure it would never happen. But in the other hand, wasn't Battlefront 2 & BFV sales disappointing? Also, EA exec Patrick Soderlund left last summer, he used to be DICE CEO a one point. I feel DICE going back as an independent studio would really help them....

Just wishful thinking...

Last edited:

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017

I've been a huge BF fan since the beginning. as many of you, I'm disappointed with BFV and I'm thinking it might be due to pressure from EA to release BF games every 2 years. I think adding an extra year or even two would have make this game mind blowing. Just like BF1942 was for me.

With the recent news about Bungie leaving Activition which everyone seems to think it's a great move. What are the chances of DICE leaving EA and going back independent? Knowing EA's using DICE assets (Frostbite) and EA owning Star Wars Rights, I'm pretty sure it would never happen. But it the other hand, wasn't Battlefront 2 & BFV sales disappointing? Also, Patrick Soderlund left EA last summer, he used to be DICE CEO a one point. I feel DICE going back to an independent studio would really help them....

Just wishful thinking...
I think the difference is that EA outright owns DICE and Activision just had a publishing agreement with Bungie.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
You're right, I read more about both and as you said Bungie only had a Publishing Contract with Activition while EA owns DICE altogether...

We're fucked.
In spite of the poor launch, I still have confidence that DICE is going to turn this into an incredible game. Shame they launched in the state they did and it sucks that I spent $80 on the deluxe edition, but I think this has a solid chance to be an amazing game. Might take until fall 2019, but it will get there.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the information they gave, that's how much CC you should be getting per match based on your score.
Ahhh. Well I feel like I've been arbitrarily getting coins the last two days I'm not sure if it's actually giving them but at the end of the match it'll say I was awarded stuff. Of course the in-between match screen says lots of things that aren't always accurate lol

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
dont know what is going on here.. 2 days trying to play and everytime the round finish, the game dont jump to next map and loading the same and infinite loading.. happen to anyone else? xbox btw

gonna try a reset and see if help.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

- The Battlefield Team
This is good, more of this dice. People tend to be more understanding of issues when you explain how difficult they actually are to fix and what you propose to do to fix it.

Oct 26, 2017

I've been a huge BF fan since the beginning and as many of you, I'm disappointed with BFV and I'm thinking it might be due to pressure from EA to release BF games every 2 years. I think adding an extra year or even two would have make this game mind blowing. Just like BF1942 was for me.

With the recent news about Bungie leaving Activition which everyone seems to think it's a great move. What are the chances of DICE leaving EA and going back independent? Knowing EA's using DICE assets (Frostbite) and EA owning Star Wars Rights, I'm pretty sure it would never happen. But in the other hand, wasn't Battlefront 2 & BFV sales disappointing? Also, EA exec Patrick Soderlund left last summer, he used to be DICE CEO a one point. I feel DICE going back as an independent studio would really help them....

Just wishful thinking...
Yeah 3 year dev cycles for games with the expectations Battlefield has are always a good idea, but this one made a lot of wrong turns that have nothing to do with dev time, one of my biggest issues being map design.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having trouble getting on ea servers? It won't let me connect on PS4 and I've tried closing and reopening the game
Something's going on in the last few days because I'm finding much fewer servers on the browser. A night or two ago found zero servers with the best ping.

——————

I unlocked the mp28. How is it?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I unlocked the mp28. How is it?

It's like a wannabe Suomi/Tommy. It can have a 50 round mag (it has a 30 default which is nice), but it has a 670(?) rpm compared to the Suomi/Tommy 770/720 rpm or 981/900 rpm. So it's a little easier to control, but not really, it has some strange recoil. It's kind of a weird gun with no real purpose.

Slow firing, yet accurate smgs:
Sten
MP40
EMP
MP34

Fast Firing, high DPS, and/or big mag smgs:
Suomi
Tommy

Then you have the MP28 that just kind of sits in the middle.

Last edited:

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Okay yeah I just checked it again now. I was definitely incorrect, sorry about that folks! The reset button and respecing does not cost more coins, just tried it now. I don't know why I thought it did unless it was that way on release, I must be losing my mind.

It's probably the wording. It's more or less "warns" you it's free and doesn't cost coin.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh hey bad a good run yesterday with support when I felt like I had to switch to that class. Of course I got nothing for it because I didn't have any appropriate assignments active.

God the assignment system sucks. Really it should only be there for CC assignments and special events. Why doesn't everything just track?

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So,

500-999: 25cc
1000-1999: 50cc
2000-2999: 75cc
3000-3999: 100cc
4000-4999: 125cc
5000-5999: 150cc
6000-6999: 175cc
7000-7999: 200cc
8000-8999: 225cc
9000-9999: 250cc
etc.
SO one of my better rounds was a Frontline that went 60 minutes and I had a bit over 20k. That would be ~500 CC. So I would need to play 40 hours to buy one skin that costs 20k CC. And that was one of my better rounds! Yeah.... alright lol

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
SO one of my better rounds was a Frontline that went 60 minutes and I had a bit over 20k. That would be ~500 CC. So I would need to play 40 hours to buy one skin that costs 20k CC. And that was one of my better rounds! Yeah.... alright lol
Tried to do the math based on battlefieldtracker. It seems like the average score/min is around 380 ( depend on class, unsurprisingly it's lower on recon ). Rounded up at 400, ignoring down time ( loading between maps ) it's 600 CC per hour, meaning a little over 33 hours for a 20k skin.

Now to be fair even if I rounded up things and ignored down times it's still only an average. The only class I "try hard" with is medic and that put my at around 530 score/min which does decrease that 33 hours estimate to 25. And we are still not taking into account the 300 cc you can get from daily quest ( but it also ignore how we have to spend CC on weapon/vehicule upgrade ).

All in all it's kind of hard to judge. It's definitely not fast, on the other hand it doesn't make much sense to give CC much much faster given how barebone the armory is in content.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Tried to do the math based on battlefieldtracker. It seems like the average score/min is around 380 ( depend on class, unsurprisingly it's lower on recon ). Rounded up at 400, ignoring down time ( loading between maps ) it's 600 CC per hour, meaning a little over 33 hours for a 20k skin.

Now to be fair even if I rounded up things and ignored down times it's still only an average. The only class I "try hard" with is medic and that put my at around 530 score/min which does decrease that 33 hours estimate to 25. And we are still not taking into account the 300 cc you can get from daily quest ( but it also ignore how we have to spend CC on weapon/vehicule upgrade ).

All in all it's kind of hard to judge. It's definitely not fast, on the other hand it doesn't make much sense to give CC much much faster given how barebone the armory is in content.

But considering CC is used for gameplay stuff and some of the cosmetics, that still seems like low income.

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand what the problem is with this game and my PC. I just switched to DX11 for the first time in a couple of months and I was getting 50 fps at 1440p with everything turned down to low. I have a 2700x and a 2080, this is silly.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
But considering CC is used for gameplay stuff and some of the cosmetics, that still seems like low income.
I definitely agree that it will be too low should the armory actually begin to offer a decent amount of choice, so it should be increased. But I can understand why they wouldn't want to make it too fast before that point since people would just save too much CC and get everything they want as soon as it appear in the armory.
I also wouldn't be against a small CC bonus ( probably proportional to the time spent into the game ) when your team win, any push toward encouraging people to play the objectives would be good in my book.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Multiple premade squads vs complete randoms. Fun fun.

Fucking learn how to scramble teams occasionally Dice, christ.

Any to re-balance between rounds too. Any time my team loses big I check the scoreboard towards the end of the match and the leavers are already on their way. Down to 32 v 20 odd. The match finishes and more drop out from both sides. 30 v 15. New match starts and no one has been brought in and no one has been shifted. So it ends up starting as 28 v 10 as more people drop out.

I get proper team balance is a difficult science, but basic roughly same numbers on each team between rounds isn't hard is it? Move squads to keep them together but starting a match so unbalanced isn't worth it and makes people drop out and go through the long quit / re-join cycle again.

Oct 28, 2017
Any to re-balance between rounds too. Any time my team loses big I check the scoreboard towards the end of the match and the leavers are already on their way. Down to 32 v 20 odd. The match finishes and more drop out from both sides. 30 v 15. New match starts and no one has been brought in and no one has been shifted. So it ends up starting as 28 v 10 as more people drop out.

I get proper team balance is a difficult science, but basic roughly same numbers on each team between rounds isn't hard is it? Move squads to keep them together but starting a match so unbalanced isn't worth it and makes people drop out and go through the long quit / re-join cycle again.
Yeah I get that that shit is difficult to get perfect, but an attempt should be made. Not literally nothing.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
More CC in return for scoring more is quite interesting. It felt at times in BF1 that a lot of players were playing the sandbox more than trying to win, so an incentive to play properly is a good thing. It might counter the extremely conservative play style a lot of people have adopted in the game due to the TTK and the scopes as well.

It's a pity it doesn't work obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.