• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
meh. im a medic with smoke nades up the ass. if i need to close in, pop smoke and engage in said smoke. frankly, as other posters have mentioned, i get infinite heals. i dont wanna face fucking medic snipers who heal and get back in the fight licky split.

Yup. Medics with range would be insane. People needs to be careful what they ask for.

ChippyTurtle amen to aiming the AT gun. I've used them like two times. Once I realized I couldn't adjust for aim I figured what's the fucking point. You have no idea where the shell is landing. Not even an inkling like "oh i think I saw some dust here during the reload" nope. Nothing.

Side note I'm really liking the fighter planes after upgrade although the BF 109 is far better than the spitfire which I find odd. I hardly ever use the fighter/bomber planes and instead opt for straight fighter or bomber. Anyone want to tell me what I'm missing out on with planes like the stuka or mosquito?

Hold down fire and it delays the reload animation so you can see where the shots lands.

stuka and mosquito offer air to ground options that the bigger bombers like the JU-88 and Blenheim don't.

There's a Spitfire, I think it's the VA(?), that has a 88 machine gun upgrade early on and that turns it into an absolute beast. I feel like the British have the best air to air fighters but the German bombers are much better. I've upgraded the Blenheim IF and am working on the MKI, it has far fewer bombs but I'm hoping the spotting camera upgrade will make up for it by being able to spot groups of enemies for my own bombing runs.

My biggest problem with the air combat (other than the Blenheim not replenishing gun rounds when you pass through refuel points) is that there is no emphasis on speed control and manoeuvring in air combat. It takes the fun out of dogfighting and quite often the best air combatant is a solo bomber pilot that can just switch seats to light up the fighter on their tail and then switch back to light them up once they go past.

Come DICE, make dogfighting great again!

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Battlefield dogfighting has generally sucked ever since they made aircraft fly like paper airplanes in BF3. BF1's was actually balanced though, who'd have thunk that not having a silly upgrade system lets you properly balance vehicles?

At least BFV doesn't have that awful optimal turning speed thing (was it 315?) anymore. Everyone just macro'd that shit and pretended it took skill.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, fixes are nice. But that shit ain't driving players away....

There is literally nothing to do.

Tides of War was an attempt at progression but it was fucking broken. Don't worry though, for the remaining players we "fixed" vaulting. smh.

Believe it or not losing Premium will be this games final nail in its coffin.

There is zero incentive for Dice/EA to keep pumping finances into a dying game, which in turn will give players zero incentive to return.

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield dogfighting has generally sucked ever since they made aircraft fly like paper airplanes in BF3. BF1's was actually balanced though, who'd have thunk that not having a silly upgrade system lets you properly balance vehicles?

At least BFV doesn't have that awful optimal turning speed thing (was it 315?) anymore. Everyone just macro'd that shit and pretended it took skill.

I was playing mostly on console back then so never had to worry too much about macros and cheaters

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I was playing mostly on console back then so never had to worry too much about macros and cheaters

I wouldn't necessarily say that macro-ing is cheating. Developers simply have to be aware that extremely rote mechanics are easily automated on PC, and not build their game around them.

Unfortunately BC2/BF3/BF4 came out during peak "PC is deeeaaad!" histrionics and so they didn't take it into much consideration.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Do any Recons use the spotting flares? I rarely see it used. The thing is worthless. Spots a very tiny area and lasts for all of about 8 seconds. Please buff it somehow, DICE!

Oct 25, 2017
Do any Recons use the spotting flares? I rarely see it used. The thing is worthless. Spots a very tiny area and lasts for all of about 8 seconds. Please buff it somehow, DICE!

Nobody uses it because of the small area it produces. The spotting scope is better.

Also, why the fuck can an assault with a semi-auto rifle outsnipe a recon with an SLR at range? Like you can be a better sniper as assault because of the 3x scope and not have to worry about the fire rate and scope glint. It just reinforces passive play for a class that should be pushing objectives.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The timer ran out, but it was 145-30 and it counts as a draw. How does that make any sense? Hamada is already hard enough for the attacks.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Nobody uses it because of the small area it produces. The spotting scope is better.

Also, why the fuck can an assault with a semi-auto rifle outsnipe a recon with an SLR at range? Like you can be a better sniper as assault because of the 3x scope and not have to worry about the fire rate and scope glint. It just reinforces passive play for a class that should be pushing objectives.
I only use iron sights on all classes cause I like being in the shit.

Oct 25, 2017
I only use iron sights on all classes cause I like being in the shit.

Same here (well I use 2x or 3x on recon SLRs) because I like playing the objective. I just don't understand why assault rifles and semi-autos (and LMGs and MMGs for that matter) can get 3x scopes so that they can hang back, and yet still have decent hip fire so that they can also engage up close.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Staghound with the spotting scope is ridiculous. I thought the spotting scope in aircraft were good, but this is even better. The aircraft spotting scope has "ammo" and you can't shoot at the same time. The Staghound on the other hand is infinite and you can shoot while you spot. Just sit back and shot/spot there entire team. lol

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
In BFV, the field gun allows me to be murdered from the front much easier, combined with the loading and aiming problem, it is near worthless for use. I cannot remember if all the BF1 field guns were 360 but I do remember a particular field gun on the first map of Amiens operation, once the attackers overran the first flag, (the very first flag), I turned the field gun around and used it on the defenders! Wiped out a few counter attacks, and a lot of poor snipers. Why can't we turn the AT guns around in BFV? Again, the stationary AT gun is useless, and also not used enough on maps.

You could turn BF1 field guns all the way around, the turning controls would flip once you were halfway to spite you but it was possible. Because it was so weird then and impossible now I'm not sure it was intentional. I agree it should be, surprise artillery is fun.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Used them all the time in the beta, they definitely needed a nerf in regards to the area covered but IMO what they nerfed it to at launch is too small. Definitely prefer the spotting scope, haven't touched the flares since Week 1.

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't used it but it's probably great for pushing urban/indoor areas. Fire it into the hangar on Aerodrome or the hotel at B in Rotterdam, you wouldn't want the spotting scope for those points

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The radius for the flares is too small. If you watch the in game video about flares, the radius is huge. So I don't know if it's a bug or they decided to nerf it.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Flares are good for spotting people inside a single house, that's about it. That's assuming you don't accidentally fire it 3 inches too far and spot beside the house instead which is my specialty.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I've complained about the field gun aiming oversight in BFV and I'm sure if DICE cotton on they'll patch it. All they really need to do to make them significantly more usable is have the reload a manual functions exactly like BF1. Auto reload, as others have expressed, disrupts the camera perspective and makes it near impossible to track your shot trajectory. BF1 had it right, letting you pace your own shots.

Field guns are actually another noteworthy thing typical of a Battlefield game where their function and implementation is quite fine, but the issue is passive negligence from the players themselves. I've lost count of the amount of time our flags and home base have had field guns and portable AA just sitting there, no-one towing them to locations. I'll often do it myself.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still curious on how the Battle Royale mode is even going to fit into this. Either they are going to have an insanely huge map that allows room for the vehicles or have something crazy like 10 man squads.

Have they said what the player count would be in it?

I've used the flares before and it can be good if enemies are clustered together. Seems like it marks them way to quick and it's easy too miss the area you want to recon at.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still curious on how the Battle Royale mode is even going to fit into this. Either they are going to have an insanely huge map that allows room for the vehicles or have something crazy like 10 man squads.

Have they said what the player count would be in it?

I've used the flares before and it can be good if enemies are clustered together. Seems like it marks them way to quick and it's easy too miss the area you want to recon at.

Supposedly BR is 4-man squads only, I believe, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed at all or just speculation.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
dont know what is going on here.. 2 days trying to play and everytime the round finish, the game dont jump to next map and loading the same and infinite loading.. happen to anyone else? xbox btw

gonna try a reset and see if help.

Hey I know this is super late but had same issue.

Found out issue was with my modem supplied by isp. Had this issue https://www.classactionlawyers.com/puma6/

After turning in that modem. Buying my own, along with new router. Have had no issues since.

Not sure in issue is same fix for you. But if you have modem with that puma chipset. That would be the reason.

Thought issue was my duel band wireless card in laptop. Then thought it was connection coming from street. Ended up being modem whole time

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

Tides of War was an attempt at progression but it was fucking broken. Don't worry though, for the remaining players we "fixed" vaulting. smh.

There is zero incentive for Dice/EA to keep pumping finances into a dying game, which in turn will give players zero incentive to return.

I actually find playing BF5 fun. I don't really need the game to constantly dangle something in front of me, although I realize that's a huge chunk of game design today.

I just want them to fix the endless broken shit and make smart gameplay tweaks like removing 3x scopes from assault, improving enemy visibility, reducing their hilariously dumb lighting effects where looking out a window is akin to staring directly into the sun, etc.

Aren't we supposed to be getting company coin now? Finished a game where it said I earned 2,100 cc at the end. Go to the armory, have less than that amount in the bank. Goddammit, Dice.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I got called a cheater, so that's always nice.

I miss when this game first came out and games came down to a few tickets. Yeah, DICE manipulated it, but it's better than all the fucking blows outs. Now it's just rolling or getting rolled every game. Good intense close matches hardly exist anymore.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ

I'm so confused by posts like this because I have always played and will most likely always play, multiplayer shooting games just for the experience of the match and the challenge to win that particular game at that moment and how I can contribute and end up helping my team to hopefully win.

I have no idea what kind of carrot people are expecting to have dangled in front of them in a game like this. maybe that's what the gaming culture is becoming and i guess i just don't get it, but what happened to just good old-fashioned play multiplayer for the adrenaline rush and to win the match.

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm so confused by posts like this because I have always played and will most likely always play, multiplayer shooting games just for the experience of the match and the challenge to win that particular game at that moment and how I can contribute and end up helping my team to hopefully win.

I have no idea what kind of carrot people are expecting to have dangled in front of them in a game like this. maybe that's what the gaming culture is becoming and i guess i just don't get it, but what happened to just good old-fashioned play multiplayer for the adrenaline rush and to win the match.

People like to feel rewarded for their effort. Don't see much wrong with that.

Today I wondered why this game doesn't have a prestige system. They could have added a cool cosmetic for people that prestige. Maybe also an emblem and dog tag. That alone would have been a great carrot for people that put a lot of time into the game.

Oct 25, 2017
DICE should remove the level cap at least.

I've been playing only half an hour to an hour a day until the next ToW. Mostly just getting all infantry classes to 20 and then aiming for the mastery assignments to unlock the outfits.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
People like to feel rewarded for their effort. Don't see much wrong with that.

Today I wondered why this game doesn't have a prestige system. They could have added a cool cosmetic for people that prestige. Maybe also an emblem and dog tag. That alone would have been a great carrot for people that put a lot of time into the game.
The reward is winning and executing your gameplay to get better and contribute to your team. ;)

Thats why i play anyway. I don't see the need for trophies especially don't see how the game should be criticized for lack of it. But i guess that's gamer culture these days.

Battlefield games have always been known for having some of the most exciting and engaging gameplay and in my mind that is the reason I play. I think the people that play matches "to win" may feel the same way.

looking for a reward system is in my opinion what keeps a lot of people sitting on the sidelines with 3x scopes trying to tick off achievements or earn things in the game for themselves rather than trying to win with their team and having those things hnlock naturally.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reward is winning and executing your gameplay to get better and contribute to your team. ;)

Thats why i play anyway. I don't see the need for trophies especially don't see how the game should be criticized for lack of it. But i guess that's gamer culture these days.

Battlefield games have always been known for having some of the most exciting and engaging gameplay and in my mind that is the reason I play. I think the people that play matches "to win" may feel the same way.

looking for a reward system is in my opinion what keeps a lot of people sitting on the sidelines with 3x scopes trying to tick off achievements or earn things in the game for themselves rather than trying to win with their team and having those things hnlock naturally.
I mean it's been known for a while that progression systems systems keep players coming back. It's how our minds works.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So playing as support like the meta now or something? When not playing with friends that's all I see. It's kind of ridiculous the range their weapons have. It feels like I'm playing Battlefront sometimes. Talk about OP.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
So playing as support like the meta now or something? When not playing with friends that's all I see. It's kind of ridiculous the range their weapons have. It feels like I'm playing Battlefront sometimes. Talk about OP.
Some of there guns are pretty noob friendly so that may be why you see them so often. However, a good assault with a g43, m1a1, m21 or the automatic 1-5 will shit all over them most of the time at any range close or far

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
All the semis are really good in this game, it makes you wonder what happened to the SLRs.

Having a good squad is the best. I went on a +5 win streak for the last couple of hours, while having the best squad.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Hey I know this is super late but had same issue.

Found out issue was with my modem supplied by isp. Had this issue https://www.classactionlawyers.com/puma6/

After turning in that modem. Buying my own, along with new router. Have had no issues since.

Not sure in issue is same fix for you. But if you have modem with that puma chipset. That would be the reason.

Thought issue was my duel band wireless card in laptop. Then thought it was connection coming from street. Ended up being modem whole time
it worked with a reset mate, but thanks for trying help. :)
was my first time with this bug. idk if was something on EA servers or not, but the reset fix it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The CC fix is great. I fully upgraded two weapons tonight and I still have some spare coins. My interest is renewed.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just encountered another fun bug. The squad leader never spawned into the game and it was impossible to take squad leader away from them. No matter how often you request orders.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I was playing Rotterdam Grand Operations, defenders dont get AT gun emplacements, not even towable AT guns. I'll be honest, I hate defending in both breakthrough, and in grand operations against tanks. Frankly its not fun being murdered by machines that if they aint stupid, exist too far away to be attacked yet have the ability to inflict so much damage on you. I feel like DICE never had time to set up separate map balancing for the other game modes, and it shows in the awkward fortifications, the lack of defensive measures, or even spawnable tanks for the defense.

Why is that anyway? Why do defenders frequently get no vehicle spawns vs Attackers? I understand balance, but again, the lack of any emplacements to target faraway armored targets makes it pure pain to defend flags. I dont like leaving servers when I get switched to defending, so my solution is not play BFV all instead of being a coward that leaves servers. When I play, I stay for the long haul, defense or attack, except defending is becoming so unfun, my only recourse is to not play at all.

I've complained about the field gun aiming oversight in BFV and I'm sure if DICE cotton on they'll patch it. All they really need to do to make them significantly more usable is have the reload a manual functions exactly like BF1. Auto reload, as others have expressed, disrupts the camera perspective and makes it near impossible to track your shot trajectory. BF1 had it right, letting you pace your own shots.

Field guns are actually another noteworthy thing typical of a Battlefield game where their function and implementation is quite fine, but the issue is passive negligence from the players themselves. I've lost count of the amount of time our flags and home base have had field guns and portable AA just sitting there, no-one towing them to locations. I'll often do it myself.

Field guns in breakthrough and Grand Operations are basically unused or nonexistent. For example, one, in Narvik, the emplacement field guns are useless to use, as the front facing portion is absolutely 100% a easy kill for snipers vs BF1. Its impossible to use a AT gun in such a scenario. Frankly the MGs are more armored in the front than the AT guns and therefore more useful than the AT guns. (In BF1, the MGs were unarmored vs the field guns) The limited field of fire, the lack of 360 makes it virtually useless beyond certain limited contexts that again run into problems with front defensive armor. Third, the lack of splash damage that applies to tanks also applies to the AT gun, meaning unlike in BF1, again, its near useless against troops. And with the shit aiming mechanic, frankly the MG is more useful than the AT gun at present.

The spawning of the halftracks and the AA/AT towables are also severely bugged, i no longer trust the spawn screen to actually tell me whats available. Also the lack of 360 means the time for me to move the halftrack and the towable AT gun into position means I need to first find a decent spot, bring my halftrack rear to present to the enemy, then drop the AT gun, then with that action, if im fighting alone, I've one, effectively lost a halftrack to the enemy, two, get maybe 5 shots off before being headshotted. Oh, if im facing a tank, i would already be absolutely dead before even firing the 2nd shot. The operation of a halftrack and AT gun would require basically a entire squad, if you could pull it off, great, fantastic but that requires teamwork.

Also the removal of spawnables at certain points means the value of whatever you have increases by a lot, using a halftrack in such a manner is not likely to be as beneficial as simply using it as a mobile MG vs the struggle of moving a towable over frequently bugged terrain. Did they ever fix the towable speed bug? I dont bother with towing anything anymore, i just drop it and move on so i dunno.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
In BF1, DICE tracked the stats for emplacements, including the field guns, MGs, they stopped that for BFV. Obviously they keep internal stats but i wonder why they opted out of that for BFV.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I was playing Rotterdam Grand Operations, defenders dont get AT gun emplacements, not even towable AT guns. I'll be honest, I hate defending in both breakthrough, and in grand operations against tanks. Frankly its not fun being murdered by machines that if they aint stupid, exist too far away to be attacked yet have the ability to inflict so much damage on you. I feel like DICE never had time to set up separate map balancing for the other game modes, and it shows in the awkward fortifications, the lack of defensive measures, or even spawnable tanks for the defense.

You had trouble defending against tanks in Rotterdam? And on Rotterdam operations? That's silly, and absolutely the fault of your team.

You can blow up all of the bridges so they can only take one extremely predictable road without rebuilding them. They can't even take that road to the last sector because you can block the entire thing off with tank traps, so they have to be sitting ducks and rebuild the bridges to let their tanks near a flag. Half the other flags are flat-out inaccessible to tanks. You can just pretend tanks aren't there and the map doesn't play much differently.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
You had trouble defending against tanks in Rotterdam? And on Rotterdam operations? That's silly, and absolutely the fault of your team.

You can blow up all of the bridges so they can only take one extremely predictable road without rebuilding them. They can't even take that road to the last sector because you can block the entire thing off with tank traps, so they have to be sitting ducks and rebuild the bridges to let their tanks near a flag. Half the other flags are flat-out inaccessible to tanks. You can just pretend tanks aren't there and the map doesn't play much differently.

You can take out the tank traps by firing the main gun on them. But yes I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.