• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone else posted this a while back, but I wanted to re-emphasise it: GaaS is a continual loop; if the game sells poorly at release but you're planning a true GaaS then this should not affect your road map. if you react and start dropping content planned then you will only be telling people never to buy your games again, as you don't support them.

Personally I'd rather they doubled down on BFV, pumped out more content and released a new BF title not before holiday 2021.

If they had given Battlefront 2 proper GaaS support after all the controversy and poor sales that game went through then I would have faith in EA, but its like you say, once that trust is broken its really hard to buy another GaaS product from the same company/developer.

Expansions are only bought by a fraction of the original owners. They did the right thing with a major release. They chose very very badly with the P2W.

The mistake was dropping support for that game.

The team they left to handle that game is so small they can barely keep up with the bugs.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone was auto head-shotting on my team, he had more kills than the rest of the team combined.

At the very least, I dropped ammo for points, because I just spectated as enemies died the second their heads peaked from the cliffs.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
The result to me? I wont touch any inevitable Battlefront 3 with a barge pole and I'm incredibly wary that I've been fooled twice by EA with BFV as I can easily see it go the same way as BAttlefront 2. If that happens, Battlefield is regretfully dead to me.

100% agree. I bought both BF 1&2 and felt burned by how little support the game got, in terms of my expectations as a GaaS. I really was hoping they knew what they were doing come BFV but if this also. doesn't pan out it's on me. but it'll be my last Dice/EA MP game I buy.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
100% agree. I bought both BF 1&2 and felt burned by how little support the game got, in terms of my expectations as a GaaS. I really was hoping they knew what they were doing come BFV but if this also. doesn't pan out it's on me. but it'll be my last Dice/EA MP game I buy.
How much free content do you think you are entitled to?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Is there any downside to equipping a bayonet on a recon? The last specialization is bayonet or variable zeroing, which I never use. IIRC in BF1 a bayonet would impact the time to ADS or accuracy or something like that.

So the new week ToW is Frontlines. At one point I hopped in a tank and found nobody on the team bothers to assist a tank. At least 4 out of 16 players were Support, and none would help repair it. Then while on an objective I got taken out at close range from behind, while teammates were all around doing nothing.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to squad up for a frontline session tonight on PS4, I'll be on after 8p EST.
Are people using Discord to squad up? I don't see too many posts here trying to get squads or teams together. I remember getting some good groups together in earlier BF's on the old site.
More than welcome to invite me if I am online.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
If a company boasts that there is no Season Pass anymore and everyone is getting the content, I have an expectation that there will be a similar amount of content compared to BF1 or Battlefront 2015 Season Pass.
LMAO, wow the entitlement is strong! You want $50 worth of content for free, and if you don't get it then they are the ones being greedy apparently. Wow. Remarkable.

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO, wow the entitlement is strong! You want $50 worth of content for free, and if you don't get it then they are the ones being greedy apparently. Wow. Remarkable.

I was PROMISED all of the previously paid content for free, and I was also promised the biggest BFII and BFV packages in their franchises.

My entitlement goes as far as EA's promises which they broke (or at the very least not yet delivered).

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
If anyone wants to squad up for a frontline session tonight on PS4, I'll be on after 8p EST.
Are people using Discord to squad up? I don't see too many posts here trying to get squads or teams together. I remember getting some good groups together in earlier BF's on the old site.
I know I keep saying this, but I should be on tonight DD. Things have been crazy to say the least around my place lately. I'd love to get a few rounds in with you and some other ERA members. Invite me if you'd like PSN ID: SavageChipmunk

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Had some really fun Frontlines matches today. Even kept playing it after finishing all assignments instead of going back to Breakthrough lol

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Had some really fun Frontlines matches today. Even kept playing it after finishing all assignments instead of going back to Breakthrough lol
It can be fun, but the timer needs to be much shorter. What is it now, 40 or 60 minutes? Make it 20 or 30. And fix the asinine scoring logic they've had since BF1, where a team can push the other team farther, and finish the game farther, but it's still counted as a draw.

Oct 25, 2017
Expansions are only bought by a fraction of the original owners. They did the right thing with a major release. They chose very very badly with the P2W.
I'd take the season pass and expansion pass model over this mess every single time.

People talk about fractured communities but for games like Battlefield and Call of Duty it isn't an issue until the end of life of the title.
DLC maps aren't an issue for Call of Duty for almost 2 later COD releases and by that time they have more than given their value.

Heck expansion packs for a good game(or just my main games) have typically served their value by the release of the next expansion.

On the other hand im glad a long term game like Siege doesn't because it would just become a mess by year 2.

I think the answer for most people on the old model is just make the maps the least valuable part of the expansion so once those maps are hardly supported you still get value from owning it.
Loads of cosmetics and maybe a batch of weapons if they can be properly balanced to the base weapons. Also a decent "lower" price.
Also stuff like modes should become very early access for expansions but become free down the line.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I usually quite like Frontlines, but it has been dire stuff today. So many terrible team mates, unable to kill more than a handful of players in a match, can't play their squad role, can't get on the flag. Two different games I've had squad mates defending the spawn rather than attack the flag. Two guys got lost on Fjell at a critical moment, ran all the way round the wrong side.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I usually quite like Frontlines, but it has been dire stuff today. So many terrible team mates, unable to kill more than a handful of players in a match, can't play their squad role, can't get on the flag. Two different games I've had squad mates defending the spawn rather than attack the flag. Two guys got lost on Fjell at a critical moment, ran all the way round the wrong side.
Yeah I had 1 game earlier, I got on the flag which was active at the time, fired a flare high up, got killed, checked the spawn window and not a single team mate anywhere near the flag. They were all 100+ meters back at the last flag, just in case the other team tried to take the very very long way to the target flag I guess.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Yeah I had 1 game earlier, I got on the flag which was active at the time, fired a flare high up, got killed, checked the spawn window and not a single team mate anywhere near the flag. They were all 100+ meters back at the last flag, just in case the other team tried to take the very very long way to the target flag I guess.
You're so kind, giving them the benefit of the doubt...most likely they were trying to get that K/D ratio as high as possible, as that's all that matters in a squad based game.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
pwh0F7a.jpg

This is way too common...

Is there a team balance feature that I haven't noticed or did DICE just forget about it?

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
How much free content do you think you are entitled to?

Oh boy, I wasn't going to bite but I couldn't resist...normally i wouldn't expect any post-release content in a game but in this case it released with less maps than previous BF games, some of which are not good, on the expectation that people buy into the DICE content roadmap. Remember, like PS Plus games, this isn't "free" content. People are paying for it, through retail sales and then eventually microtransactions.

Asking someone to specifically quantify something like that is not a good point of discussion. if I'd loved all the maps then I would probably only want maybe one every three months, but as it is I feel we're short two or three good maps from launch, so call that six or seven maps in total for the year, if you want an arbitrary number to attack. Or, if you just wanted to say I had a sense of entitlement then I guess you won't respond.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
pwh0F7a.jpg

This is way too common...

Is there a team balance feature that I haven't noticed or did DICE just forget about it?

There is no team balancer. There never has been an official team balancer. Theres a completely useless team balancer between rounds that doesnt actually even balance the teams. This is why we need custom servers back. Battlefield 4 had server scripts for in round team balancing for example.

WRT the free content. If no premium/map packs means just not getting the content at all, i think everyone can agree premium is the way to go. The whole idea of free content being better than fracturing the community is predicated on the fact that the content will actually release. Weekly assignments for a random gun/skin isnt going to keep many people playing on the same 9 or maybe 10 maps for 2 years

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Oh boy, I wasn't going to bite but I couldn't resist...normally i wouldn't expect any post-release content in a game but in this case it released with less maps than previous BF games, some of which are not good, on the expectation that people buy into the DICE content roadmap. Remember, like PS Plus games, this isn't "free" content. People are paying for it, through retail sales and then eventually microtransactions.

Asking someone to specifically quantify something like that is not a good point of discussion. if I'd loved all the maps then I would probably only want maybe one every three months, but as it is I feel we're short two or three good maps from launch, so call that six or seven maps in total for the year, if you want an arbitrary number to attack. Or, if you just wanted to say I had a sense of entitlement then I guess you won't respond.
I asked you to quantify it because you're the one who said you haven't been happy enough with the amount of free content in these games, and you won't be buying more of them as a result.

BF1 had 10 maps by early December, BFV had 9 maps. OK it's less, but it's close enough. Remember too that previous BF's had the retail sales, plus Premium sales, plus MTX also. It does come across as entitlement when you essentially say, "That's not enough free content. Never buying your stuff again!"

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Reminder: DICE and EA explicitly marketed this game as a live service, with content updates, removed the premium pass and promised cosmetic microtransactions to replace it.

It is not the consumers fault that EA failed to market this game, failed to release this game in a state that consumers wanted, nor even in a state seemingly for EA to profit from, I mean shit we still don't have tank skins.

If EA really wants to prove itself, it'll keep giving out "free content" through Tides of War, and in the process assure consumers the value of buying mtx remains.

Again, this content isn't really "free", we were promised this in return for considering MTX as a product. What's the point of buying MTX for a game EA will drop as quick as possible?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is not the consumers fault that EA failed to market this game, failed to release this game in a state that consumers wanted, nor even in a state seemingly for EA to profit from

This.

So tired of seeing gamers blame other gamers for the lack of a season pass or content etc.

Games with competently run live services do just fine.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: DICE and EA explicitly marketed this game as a live service, with content updates, removed the premium pass and promised cosmetic microtransactions to replace it.

It is not the consumers fault that EA failed to market this game, failed to release this game in a state that consumers wanted, nor even in a state seemingly for EA to profit from, I mean shit we still don't have tank skins.

If EA really wants to prove itself, it'll keep giving out "free content" through Tides of War, and in the process assure consumers the value of buying mtx remains.

Again, this content isn't really "free", we were promised this in return for considering MTX as a product. What's the point of buying MTX for a game EA will drop as quick as possible?
Yeah the marketing was really bad..DICE tried something new, got alot of negative feedback and tried to change it back to a similar style to the previous BF games.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will keep Boin until firestorm launches, announce the firestorm mode will be free to play with a battle pass, and give existing players and owners a bunch of Boin and the battle pass for free.

Would be the least harshest way to transition to an f2p model...IF they want to.

ToW is essentially a mini battle pass, just with one unlock per week, and not just cosmetics.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I think Firestorm probably needs to go F2P, but doing it quickly will cause more meltdowns. The timing of Apex Legends seems incredible, EA are far too tied into the holidays and the end of the financial year.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Restating what I wrote before in the Battlefield sales disappoint EA thread: DICE and EA are apparently going to support the game until Sept 2020 even though they missed their sales mark. After what happened with turning BF4 around with its shaky start with bugs, server issues and levolution crashing, weapon imbalance and content issues they resolved, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to addressing issues and making the game better. I'm really hoping this quality of life deal they're doing now will ensure that the game can shine in the future, so long as they stick to their guns and roadmap content, I can't see why not.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have feedback on the new gun from this week's ToW? I'm almost to unlocking it (I think 1-2 more assignments) but I'm curious how it holds up? I'm not really a support guy but I'd love something comparable to the last support gun before I slog to level 20 to unlock it

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Captjohnboyd I would recommend the jackfrags youtube channel. I like his laid back matter of fact style, and there sin't a shit ton of "ya boi commin' atcha!! Ding my muthafuckin BELL!!"

His latest video is on the MMG unlock, he rates it almost as good as the level 20 MMG, but says a lot of it is down to personal taste and "feel" of a gun.

Edit:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9h2Ny0ohJg

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, we released our last patch a week and a half ago. And the next patch is coming next week provided everything goes well. ;) Unsure how more very soon that can be.

Ok, i can classify next week as very soon :D thanks! (Sorry for being inpacient but im eager to play my first game with RTX game with acceptable framerates).

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Have we seen any case of reported cheater actually banned, other than some streamers with the low lod/texture thingy ? Just wondering if it's even worth doing reports.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Is there any downside to equipping a bayonet on a recon? The last specialization is bayonet or variable zeroing, which I never use. IIRC in BF1 a bayonet would impact the time to ADS or accuracy or something like that.

I have a bayonet equipped to one gun for all the classes, except support. It does not affect accuracy as far as I can tell, you just can't sprint right away after the 'charge' is expended. Everytime I use it though, people say they didn't know bayonets were in the game, so its probably hardly used.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Rainbow Six Siege still sends out global messages banning people for offenses so....I guess ask legal to write up a new terms of service for us to agree to play?

Honestly the benefit in the playerbase seeing anticheat working should be more important than whatever else is blocking this.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
The SLR and MMG assignments are annoying. Like at least half of any team is now either sniping and not playing the objective or prone somewhere and not playing the objective.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The SLR and MMG assignments are annoying. Like at least half of any team is now either sniping and not playing the objective or prone somewhere and not playing the objective.
I played aggressive recon and tried to play aggressive MMG to get these. Ended up with negative KDR those rounds but got them done and stats are meaningless anyways.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Last week was frustrating with all the crap teams, this week RNG blessed me and i landed on aggressive teams, i completed all assignments yesterday in 3 and half hours...ToW level is 30, i am not playing every day, and some of the weekdays i do play, less than 20mins, ToW reward 38/39 will be mines without trying to grind it...hit level 40 yesterday 10 levels to go..

Status
Not open for further replies.