• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I played aggressive recon and tried to play aggressive MMG to get these. Ended up with negative KDR those rounds but got them done and stats are meaningless anyways.
Did the same and also ended up with negative K/D. I really hated MMGs though. First time I've used them and I don't think I'll ever use them again lol. They're even worse than the SLRs :D

How many weeks is this ToW btw? I'm currently level 26 and if it's just one more week I definitely won't be able to reach rank 40.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did the same and also ended up with negative K/D. I really hated MMGs though. First time I've used them and I don't think I'll ever use them again lol. They're even worse than the SLRs :D

How many weeks is this ToW btw? I'm currently level 26 and if it's just one more week I definitely won't be able to reach rank 40.

It doesn't end until the like mid or late March.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm watching Battlefield and Apex Legends videos (my two MP games right now) on youtube and stumbled on this video:

About how the top ranked PS4 player of BFV and BF1 is a cheater. I think there is some pretty good arguments about how this guy is padding his stats, and cheating.

It's hilarious the lengths some people will go to get an unfair advantage. I always cringe when I hear someone call anyone else NoLife when it comes to gaming, but this is the definition of NoLife (sorry!)...going through such troubles as having multiple PS4s, multiple Plus signatures coordinating everything to be the top ranked player...in a game that isn't even that popular at all.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Good that they will adress vaulting.
My biggest issue with the game right now when it comes to gameplay systems.

Please Dice some more Squad Conquest maps. That mode is gold.

Oct 27, 2017
USA

71blEuV81lL._SX355_.jpg

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Interesting.

TTK/TTD changes

Vehicle balance

Semi-auto rifle nerf

Seems like it's moving the game in the right direction. Hopefully they fix visibility next.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Interesting.

TTK/TTD changes

Vehicle balance

Semi-auto rifle nerf

Seems like it's moving the game in the right direction. Hopefully they fix visibility next.
I thought that was on the agenda, but i dunno for sure. I'm waiting for a visibility patch and battle royale and then I'll reinstall. Until then, I'm saving the space and installing games I haven't played or have meant to have played for a long time.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Some players make BFV a shitty experience, BF1 had so many awesome tank on tank, or plane on tank battles, BFV players get a tank to raise their KD, just played a game where the opposing tank players had no desire to fight each other, at one point when i died and hit deployment, I watch teammate tank go from attack all the way back to spawn, lol...

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Some players make BFV a shitty experience, BF1 had so many awesome tank on tank, or plane on tank battles, BFV players get a tank to raise their KD, just played a game where the opposing tank players had no desire to fight each other, at one point when i died and hit deployment, I watch teammate tank go from attack all the way back to spawn, lol...

Are you sure the tank wasn't going back to refill ammo?

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

It also illustrates a problem with the map design. Players can sit nearly in their uncap on some ridge and get a solid amt of kills but arent actually helping their team advance. This was extremely rare if it happened at all in previous battlefields. You were forced to move up if you wanted to have sight lines in the enemy

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this weeks TOW now, it actually wasn't too bad this week. I find Frontlines a bit more enjoyable than Squad Conquest.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I uploaded this to Gfycat as well as some people prefer that you YouTube.

Is there a way to see the upcoming Tides of War assignments online? For all it's faults the Battlelog site was nice because you could see stuff without launching the game. I want to see what next weeks assignments/tasks are without loading up the game.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Just me that likes more the immersion of war from BF1 than this BFV? Idk, but have something on BF1 that make me thinking i'am in the war when playing XD Maybe the sound..

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just me that likes more the immersion of war from BF1 than this BFV? Idk, but have something on BF1 that make me thinking i'am in the war when playing XD Maybe the sound..

It is lacking in that regard compared to the last few mainline titles. Im not sure why off the top of my head, but the previous titles all had an "energy" about them. This one theres a bit of a void

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Played my first couple of games in a while. A month or so I suppose. Got a black endless loading screen and a weird glitch where I had ~.5 FPS for about 3 minutes on PS4. Both within like a 30 minute time period

not the best impressions coming back zzzz

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The patch notes are interesting to show how many twiddly bits there are in a game. Recoil values, changes in value over time as the gun fires, recoil patterns. Reload timers and matching them to animations, checking they can't be cancelled out of.

Interesting stuff.

I guess they're all secretive but I'd love a deep dive comparison between firing a gun in say destiny, bf5 and cod.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The battles are bigger and the entire game feels like a massive war, take Amiens on that map no player controlled aerial combat, yet we have planes above us fighting, other maps are very similar with battles in the distance, it's like they chose locations that was isolated from the on going massive war...

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
The battles are bigger and the entire game feels like a massive war, take Amiens on that map no player controlled aerial combat, yet we have planes above us fighting, other maps are very similar with battles in the distance, it's like they chose locations that was isolated from the on going massive war...
What about Arras then? That has fake tanks and aircraft in the background.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
The TTK makes a lot of people hide far more than they would in BF1. I think that's part of why it feels a little empty.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Bring back spoting!!!

It's not really gone. Recon are spotting powerhouses and every other classes can spot too. It's just super hard to pinpoint exactly the enemy you want to spot and you usually end up putting a warning point near the target instead (but it can still work from time to time). Spotting tanks is easy for everyone though.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
Top%2BBanner%2BOT.png

Battlefield V returns to the major conflict of World War II, with a heightened focus on the lesser known battles of the war. The game is designed to be the most immersive experience in the series, with storylines ranging across major battles of the war. Game mechanics have been completed redesigned such as player movements, health regeneration, etc. Additionally players will have a more interactive role in gameplay by having to physically open doors, enter vehicles, or picking up health or ammo.

singleplayer.jpg

Different voices. Different nationalities. Different adventures. Single-player, the Battlefield way.
Deploy with a sandbox of weapons, vehicles, and destruction to dispose of your foes. Explore individual War Stories.
  • Prologue
    Welcome to the Second World War.
  • Nordlys
    Takes place during the German occupation of Norway. Use stealth, takedowns, and evasions to rescue one of your own and stop a vital enemy shipment. Players take on the role of a Solveig, a young Norwegian resistance fighter. Alone, she must brave the unforgiving cold of the Norway winter as well as evade or engage occupation soldiers, thwart a war scheme, and rescue her captive mother.
  • Under No Flag
    Inspired from the operations of the British Special Boat Section, or SBS. Not to be confused with the popularized Special Air Service, the SBS was an early special forces offshoot that was tasked with some of the most reckless WW2 missions. George Mason is the British officer who plucks Bridger out of jail and into the SBS. With some doubts about his new recruit, Mason drags Bridger along, packing a smart mouth and the ability to stay one step ahead of everybody.
  • Tirailleur
    Set late in WW2, the story title refers to the Senegalese Tirailleurs, colonial units of the French Army who were deployed to France – usually from West Africa – to fight and liberate a homeland that they themselves had never seen before. Their contributions to the war, particularly the invasion of southern France, have only recently been recognized and are still obscured by the more famous landings at Normandy. Together with veteran soldier Idrissa, the company of tirailleurs must somehow overrun the unstoppable German Fallschirmjäger defenses all while knowing that their sacrifices may endure only among those who were there.
  • The Last Tiger
    In the twilight of WW2, the German Army descends into chaos. Under the command of a veteran officer, a lone Tiger tank crew begins to question the ideology that got them to this point.
multiplayer.jpg

All-out warfare. Unrivaled intensity. Immense scale.
  • Airborne
    Parachute on to the battlefield and spearhead an upcoming invasion.
  • Breakthrough
    Battle to control vital sectors as an attacker or fortify and push the enemy back as a defender.
  • Conquest
    Fight for key locations on the map with up to 64 players in a vast all-time Battlefield classic.
  • Domination
    Encounter the enemy up close and personal during fast-paced, infantry-based combat in close quarters.
  • Final Stand
    Struggle to the bitter end even if ammo and health are almost depleted — there can be only one team left standing.
  • Frontlines
    Join one of two teams fighting an intense tug-of-war battle.
  • Team Deathmatch
    Don't hesitate in fast-paced infantry warfare with a simple and deadly rule: kill or be killed.
2018-11-08.png

Fight through historical battles, spanning multiple maps and modes, across up to four in-game days. No fight is ever the same.
  • Day 1: A Fierce Battle Awaits. Your mission: Attack or Defend
  • Day 2: What happens on Day 1 affects your squad's position in Day 2. Secure a major victory and you'll have more troops and supplies. Lose on Day 1? You're on the defensive with limited resources. Take the map flag-by-flag or fortify your position to prevent enemy capture.
  • Day 3: Combined air and ground troops battle for what's left. Reinforcements and supplies will be scarce. It's up to you and your squad to improvise the attack and stay alive.
  • Day 4: A draw on Day 3 leads to a final battle on Day 4. Limited ammo and resources. No reinforcements. Fight to the last man. Fight to the last breath.
2018-11-08.jpg

Battlefield V is the first title to allow Solider Customization. Alter your soldier's appearance. Customize outfits, gender, helmets, skin color, and war paint. Gain XP to unlock weapons, gadgets, and skills. Change loadouts to suit your upcoming fight. Unlock new arsenals. Choose weapons based on your style of play. Customize weapon skins, receivers, stocks, barrels, muzzle. Progress your weapons with every match.

As you play, your progress will unlock new items to outfit your company. Your time spent playing BFV is represented by ranks in 5 categories. Increasing your rank in each category rewards you with both gameplay items and cosmetic items.
ranklevels.jpg

• Career Rank
    Overall rank. As you gain Career Rank, you'll earn Company Coin and unlock vehicles to add to your Company.
  • Class Rank
    Represent the 4 classes. Progression unlocks Combat Roles and additional weapons, side arms, melee weapons, gadgets, and grenades within a class.
  • Weapon and Vehicle Rank
    Both primary weapons and vehicles have a progression system all to themselves. Earn XP while using a weapon or vehicle in battle and you can then choose to spend Company Coin to unlock choices within their Specializations. Each Specialization path changes how a weapon or vehicle plays, so you can modify it to fit your style.
  • Chapter Rank
    Each Chapter in Tides of War brings a new battlefield that takes you and your Company into fresh gameplay experiences, including maps, modes, weapons, vehicles, cosmetics, and themed rewards.

You gain Chapter Ranks by playing any game mode during the course of a Chapter, with extra bonuses for completing Tides of War missions. The more you play during the Chapter, the more Chapter rewards you'll unlock.
There are two types of in-game currency: Company Coin and Battlefield Currency

Company Coin is earned by playing and completing assignments. Company Coin gives you the ability to choose items outside the base progression paths to further expand and customize your Company.

You can use Company Coin to unlock choices within weapon and vehicle Specializations. You can also use Company Coin to get cosmetic items, such as jackets, face paint, and weapon skins.

You earn Company Coin from Career progression, Daily Missions, and some Special Assignments.

Battlefield Currency is purchased with real-world money. Battlefield Currency can be used to acquire specific cosmetic items for your Company.

Battlefield Currency will not be available at launch. We want players to get hands-on experience with their Company, the progression system, and earning Company Coin before introducing premium currency.
economy-v3.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

2018-11-08.jpg

The iconic Classes of Recon, Support, Assault, and Medic return in Battlefield V, each with distinct weapons and gadgets that help you forge a squad that can control any fight. Progress your Class to unlock new traits and customizations as you play. Combat Roles are new to the Battlefield series. These are tied to Classes and provide two traits. Pick a Class and Combat Role with a loadout that suits your playstyle but be ready to make a switch at the deploy overview screen to adapt to on the ground situations. In addtion, BFV introduces a fortifications system. Build sandbags, trenches, foxholes to counter the destructive nature of the game. In addition, the support class can build machine gun emplacements, bridges, etc.
tank-buster-fpo.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
classcombatroles-support-web.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
classcombatroles-medic-web.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
classcombatroles-recon-web.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Attrition System is a new addition to the series to make the game deeper, more strategic, and more satisfying for players who work together as a team. Scarcity of bullets and medical supplies is to makes the game more dynamic, encourages you to think on your feet, assess risks, and make choices in whatever situation you're in. Attrition gives more agency to you, letting you manage health and ammo through short-term and long-term methods. You can still regenerate up to max health, but you need an item and to press a button to do it.

Limited health regeneration is not something unheard of in the genre. But you need to be more mindful and tactical with your choices around health and ammo. You'll find that there are more actions to be taken beyond just spawn-run-shoot-die.

Health management is a big part of Attrition. You're now somewhat in charge of your own health, thanks to the Medical Pouch which will get you back to full health. Though you might guess otherwise, this emphasizes team play. Medics are not just there to heal you, but also to supply you with Medical Pouches. This provides more weight and purpose to the Class.

2018-11-08.jpg

An Evolving Battlefield: Embark on your journey across the Tides of War, and experience many new modes, gear, and battlefields. Tides of War brings you and your personalized Company into themed experiences of the war, starting with the Fall of Europe, that span several months and are filled with timed events. These can include a multi-week Grand Operation, Special Assignments, and new Missions. The timed events will push further into the unexpected and influential battles of WW2 over the course of Battlefield V.
  • New Vehicles, weapons, gadgets, combat roles, fortifications and reinforcements
  • New Maps and New Theaters of War
  • Each Chapter will feature new game modes, grand operations events and more.
  • Game improvement via quality of life updates to tweak Battlefield V every month.
BFV_TidesOfWar_WEB.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

battlefield_5_post_launch_roadmap_1.jpg

2018-11-08.jpg

France - These maps depict the Fall of France which eventually led to a British retreat from continental Europe.
  • Twisted Steel - heavily inspired by the events at the fortified sector of the river Escaut in 1940, on the border between Belgium and France.
  • Arras - A rural European villages and fields along a river
Holland - Inspired by an unfamiliar conflict of World War 2, set in May 1940. Expecting little resistance, the German military pushed through the city of Rotterdam, but were met by fierce opposition from the Dutch military.
  • Rotterdam - Urban environment decorated by canals, tall buildings, and a marketplace that no longer soothes pedestrians but preludes close-quarter firefights.
  • Devastation - Inspired by the second part of the Rotterdam blitz by the German forces. The range, trajectory, and explosive yield of bombs dropped from above have reshaped the city.
North Africa - Strategic points between Libya and Egypt that was the scene of pivotal battles between the Axis and Allies during 1941 and 1942.
  • Hamada - A barren landscape of gravel and bare rock, and it perfectly describes the map. A towering aqueduct-like bridge spans the dry ravine, one of the few signs that remain of a once-thriving civilization.
  • Aerodrome - loosely based on the British attacks on German installations, supply lines, and airfields in the Libyan desert in 1942–1943.
Norway - Taking place in the spring and summer of 1940, fight in the northern port city of Narvik and the surrounding mountains.
  • Narvik - Allied and Axis troops skirmish for control of this strategically vital location and the rich iron-ore (a critical wartime supply) transported by the city's railway.
  • Fjell 652 - Follows the fight as the Axis forces retreat into the cold, unforgiving peaks surrounding the port city of Narvik.
p.s Special thanks to milkham for helping me with the OT.

Link to discord [Hidden content]
Link to PC performance
Link to Battlefield Tracker

NOTE: Did some updating..panzer vor!

In it!

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Uh...whats this EA account stuff? literally wasn't here yesterday.

edit: oh no, the latest update has made me start the intro and everything again. I hope my progress is retained...

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Since Apex wanted to crash on me, I decided to do the ToW for this week. Playing Apex made me appreciate this game more. BF V runs better, looks better, and I enjoy the game play more. Apex is a great game, but it was nice to come play this.

Anyways, I didn't lose a single Frontlines match (15-0), and I finished it in one sitting. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either. It seemed like whatever team got the momentum at the beginning ended up stream rolling the rest of the time. Out of all the games, we only lost one point other than that it was a complete steamroll. The smaller game mode meant I had a larger impact on us winning, so I enjoyed that part. However, I still prefer the large scale modes with all the vehicles and not just a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.