• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Team balancing is so stupid. My squad and me do great win all the matches and we get balanced to the losing team. Feels like you get punished for doing good.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
But if you can't see the "dead body", how are you going to spot it? 🤔

This made me lol, but it's true. Adding spotting isn't going to fix the visibility issue, if you can't see them how are you going to spot them?

They need to fix the visibility, not add back a mechanic that dumbs down the game play to shooting at doritos.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I swear sometimes bullet(s) vanish, been playing nothing but Recon for 5 days straight, doing the assignment with 4 HS kill in one life, my final HS in sight, I sneak up on a player 8-10meters away, take the shot and nothing registers, he turns around kills me while I chamber a new round... wish i had it recorded, perfectly lined up shot against a player with 7 ping and the bullet vanishes lol..

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I swear sometimes bullet(s) vanish, been playing nothing but Recon for 5 days straight, doing the assignment with 4 HS kill in one life, my final HS in sight, I sneak up on a player 8-10meters away, take the shot and nothing registers, he turns around kills me while I chamber a new round... wish i had it recorded, perfectly lined up shot against a player with 7 ping and the bullet vanishes lol..

That's because they do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...love_how_my_character_is_counting_the_misses/

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still crazy how many bad players are in this game. Love when they start shooting at me with their gun when i am in the tank. Thanks for letting me know where you are.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Still crazy how many bad players are in this game. Love when they start shooting at me with their gun when i am in the tank. Thanks for letting me know where you are.
d929b9f415f193d39738bfa0cb6eaa48.jpg

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
When you call in a Churchill tank... where does it go? Not for the first time I've spent the funds, and can't see what happened to it. I even called it in at spawn, thinking it would show there.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
When you call in a Churchill tank... where does it go? Not for the first time I've spent the funds, and can't see what happened to it. I even called it in at spawn, thinking it would show there.
Let me clue you into DICE's brilliant game design.

You call in your tank and then you either kill yourself in game, respawn from the menu or hope an enemy kills you before either a squad mate takes it or it vanishes like a fart into the wind.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Or when you have a bunch of your teammates shooting at a tank when there is a perfectly good Pak Gun next to you that you can use to actually destroy it

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the lack of spotting on BFV, but I think an Apex Legends system would work really well on BF. Ping based and make it only visible to your squad.

If spotting was only visible to members of your squad it would be a good compromise considering how poor visibility can be.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The squad call-ins are such a fuck up. V-1s are the best. Everyone is trying to call it, so there is a fucking queue just to use it and when you do the binoculars go black screen and you call it in on yourself.

Also what ever happened to the new squad reinforcements. Weren't we supposed to get a smoke barrage and sector artillery?

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Shots missing doesn't happen with self loading rifles, only bolt action, and you can tell they not reaching the player since the player has no reaction to being shot at....

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
The squad call-ins are such a fuck up. V-1s are the best. Everyone is trying to call it, so there is a fucking queue just to use it and when you do the binoculars go black screen and you call it in on yourself.

Also what ever happened to the new squad reinforcements. Weren't we supposed to get a smoke barrage and sector artillery?
Data-mining of a recent patch showed an icon for Ships artillery.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Weren't the new squad abilities supposed to be in already? I don't go squad leader so I don't know. Tbh smoke barrage would be real useful on breakthrough.

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh so it's on the deploy screen only! Awesome, LOL.

Yeah, they work just like any other tank except that the icon is more visible and it's on a timer. I call the reinforcement vehicles in when some or all of my squad is down so they can hop in them. Don't have much of a problem with how it actually works (as squad leader you can keep the rockets if you want but it's nice to share the wealth with your squad, as you're all doing the work together) but it is a little weird and I imagine a not insignificant number of those call-ins go unused because people aren't looking for them despite the notification.

Don't know that I agree with RadioActiveLobster's take that they're yours and yours alone and you have to suicide and claim it before your squad "takes it." They're supposed to take it, you're a squad!

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
What's the general state of the game right now? I've not played since first 2 weeks of release. I was one of those people excited with their stated design philosophy during beta and prelaunch but the subsequent changes didn't rub me right way. I eventually stopped because none of my friends were playing and they didn't find it encouraging either. I liked it because the pacing was super different from the other modern BFs. I found the post beta launch changes unnecessary for example. Do I have the right read here? I've been looking to get back into it but my last memories suggest the game was moving away from that

edit- hmm reading earlier pages about updates and cheating and balancing is putting me off again

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Last week was frustrating with all the crap teams, this week RNG blessed me and i landed on aggressive teams, i completed all assignments yesterday in 3 and half hours...ToW level is 30, i am not playing every day, and some of the weekdays i do play, less than 20mins, ToW reward 38/39 will be mines without trying to grind it...hit level 40 yesterday 10 levels to go..
Last week was a nightmare. I'm now at ToW 26, I pretty much stop playing for the week after I finish my challenges right now. More engaging games to play out there. Got this week done in about 2.5 hours. I used the server browser to join a game so I wouldn't get put at the beginning, got into a game with 2 minutes left in it and got that first annoying "play one match" requirement out of the way. And it put me on the winning team, so I steamrolled through the plant and objectives. At the very end my team turned into the not so great team, lost the last two games, but it was fine since I just needed the 25k points overall by then.

Canceled, DICE is transitioning into an Apex Legends skins studio.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah, they work just like any other tank except that the icon is more visible and it's on a timer. I call the reinforcement vehicles in when some or all of my squad is down so they can hop in them. Don't have much of a problem with how it actually works (as squad leader you can keep the rockets if you want but it's nice to share the wealth with your squad, as you're all doing the work together) but it is a little weird and I imagine a not insignificant number of those call-ins go unused because people aren't looking for them despite the notification.

Don't know that I agree with RadioActiveLobster's take that they're yours and yours alone and you have to suicide and claim it before your squad "takes it." They're supposed to take it, you're a squad!
I agree with you, it's for the squad. I'm glad it's not going to waste.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Good day good sir and welcome...in it!

FYI in the UK we've had a growing trend of "innit" being added to the end of everyone sentence. I think it's a contraction of "isn't that right?" And people are addding it to every sentence because they want you to agree with them.

The young people's version of the Oxford English dictionary, urbandictionary.com, has this to say on the matter:-

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=innit

Edit - on topic - the apex ping system should be in every online shooter, and probably most online team games tbh.

I don't mind the lack of spotting on BFV, but I think an Apex Legends system would work really well on BF. Ping based and make it only visible to your squad.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
What's the general state of the game right now? I've not played since first 2 weeks of release. I was one of those people excited with their stated design philosophy during beta and prelaunch but the subsequent changes didn't rub me right way. I eventually stopped because none of my friends were playing and they didn't find it encouraging either. I liked it because the pacing was super different from the other modern BFs. I found the post beta launch changes unnecessary for example. Do I have the right read here? I've been looking to get back into it but my last memories suggest the game was moving away from that

edit- hmm reading earlier pages about updates and cheating and balancing is putting me off again

I still really like it, even if it's a tiny bit more comfortable than the beta build. DICE introduced some post-launch changes to the damage/health variables that really skewered the original design and broke weapon balance, under the guise of offering a "hardcore" mode that retained the original design. But the community uproar had them totally revert back and scrap the changes. So the play model is still very much high damage, emphasis on weapon control, etc.

Latest patch did wonders for smoothing out the presentation and play of the game. Player movement across terrain is smoother, less likely to snag on objects. Bipods are pretty much totally fixed. A lot of little bugs like on the menus, or healing opponents, have mostly been fixed. The game is definitely in the best state it's ever been and the last patch can be thanked for that, especially given the patch before it broke a bunch of shit.

I'm a really big fan of the game, also enjoying both the beta and alpha. At this point Battlefield V's biggest issues are;
1) Netcode issues resulting in damage stacking. I don't think it's game breaking, seems a bit better than before, but there's no denying some encounters feel "off".
2) Team balancing is absolutely non-existent and frustratingly so.
3) Cheating seems to have spiked, but this is a subjective experience.
4) Visibility is questionable, namely on asshole support players bipod MMGing on their back while hiding in rubble. DICE apparently have tweaked this for the next patch,
5) Content content content. Tides of War is not what it was hyped up to be. The new weapons are welcome but drip feeding maps doesn't work in the grand scheme of things. Nor does Tides of War forcing players to play modes they might not like just to unlock stuff. As someone said, maybe "live service" content delivery model is not for every game. Maybe this will improve once Firestorm drops and Greece map breaks things up.

So yeah. I love Battlefield V, but it's a rocky road.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So let's talk Live Service.
What are everybody's hopes and expectations?
It's safe to assume that we're not getting the same amount of content as we did with the season pass, at least not in the same time frame.
But what is the sweet spot content wise? And I'm talking maps/weapons/vehicles, not new assignments 'n shit.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fwiw I've enjoyed the weekly modes in ToW. This is my first bf since the early pc days, so it's been good to try each mode in a bit more depth and understand the eb and flow of each one.

I can understand it's harder if you play a lot and have a favourite mode.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It's safe to assume that we're not getting the same amount of content as we did with the season pass, at least not in the same time frame.
But what is the sweet spot content wise? And I'm talking maps/weapons/vehicles, not new assignments 'n shit.
It's going to need 8 more maps not to be a disappointment. I don't know if that's realistic without Premium now. I'm not personally bothered by getting more factions and vehicles, but they probably have to do some of the more iconic vehicles from other factions.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
A new map every 2-3 months. And we definitely need more gadgets. And I hope we'll get the Russians in the first half of the year.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I think i really hate Conquest in Battlefield. The worst part of Grand Ops for me is always when it's a round of Conquest.

Probably also why i've always avoided the mode in past BF, Rush over Conquest all day. And in the end, i think it's ANYTHING over Conquest all day.

It's just people running in circles who have no clue about what the concept of "Defense" can be. It's tiresome. There's no focus, your teammates are never around, the enemies comes from all directions so you get killed in the back all the fucking time. I'm over the mode... Probably why i haven't played much Panzerstorm and haven't seen the map since the rework.

Oct 28, 2017
So I've been playing Battlefield 1 again on my Xbox One thanks to the EA Access thing.
That game is absolutely way better than BFV. Visibility is way better than BFV. With the exception of Suez and Argonne the maps are all pretty good. AA guns are actually a threat to aircraft. The class balance seems way better. The UI was actually designed by a human. Character progression is fun and doesn't end at rank 50. The game actually has a team balancer. Medics have actual honest to goodness rifles and it didn't break the game. The game looks nicer.

I've really gotta ask what the hell happened to BFV?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Honestly, I just want America and Japan. The Pacific theater always has such a rare showing in games. It's always D-Day, Stalingrad, or something like that. I want to fight in the jungles and I want naval combat. The only time the Pacific theater has had a decent showing in multiplayer was Rising Storm. It doesn't even have to be America. The Brits are already in the game, so it might be easier to do something like the Battle of Singapore. Or they could add Aussies. I just want the Pacific.

Reddit:

htuqfwpuh0c21.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
USA
To be fair I play 90% of my games with randoms and most of them are less useful than a chicken with its head cut off and would immediately drive said squad reinforcement vehicle directly into the middle of a point filled with assault players and die.

If you are playing with a squad who actually knows which end of the gun the bullets exit from it's less of an issue.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit Frontlines is bad. Its not even funny. Lets play for a hour and lets end it in a draw.
I buy the MMG next week then.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
FYI in the UK we've had a growing trend of "innit" being added to the end of everyone sentence. I think it's a contraction of "isn't that right?" And people are addding it to every sentence because they want you to agree with them.

The young people's version of the Oxford English dictionary, urbandictionary.com, has this to say on the matter:-

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=innit

Edit - on topic - the apex ping system should be in every online shooter, and probably most online team games tbh.
I seem to recall "innit" being slang many years ago too, or I could be wrong. I did notice when watching the UK's Informant on Amazon Prime Video that they use "innit" a lot at the end of sentences.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
This has probably been discussed a lot, but I would just like to reiterate that Rush should be a permanent game mode. We surely don't need both Domination and TDM, two nearly identical game modes, do we?
Also, when will I be able to buy weapons from Tides of War Season 1? Are they like forever gone, or what's up?

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This has probably been discussed a lot, but I would just like to reiterate that Rush should be a permanent game mode. We surely don't need both Domination and TDM, two nearly identical game modes, do we?
Also, when will I be able to buy weapons from Tides of War Season 1? Are they like forever gone, or what's up?
Breakthrough is far closer to Rush than TDM is to Domination.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm curious if they are going to change Rush at all. As of right now, Rush and Breakthrough are almost the same thing. The only difference is arming an objective compared to capturing one.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Breakthrough is far closer to Rush than TDM is to Domination.
You're right. I forgot about Breakthrough, however, the problem with Breakthrough is that it's tied to Grand Ops and only available on 3 maps (I think?). I would have to either play all 3 days of Grand Ops, or only join for Breakthrough and then leave. I don't want to do either of those.

I just want my fix of Rush, on any map, in a playlist (unless this is possible with Breakthrough?).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm curious if they are going to change Rush at all. As of right now, Rush and Breakthrough are almost the same thing. The only difference is arming an objective compared to capturing one.
The main difference between Rush and Breakthrough is the defenders can recapture in Breakthrough. What's the difference between Squad CQ and Dom? (genuine question, I don't know).

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The main difference between Rush and Breakthrough is the defenders can recapture in Breakthrough. What's the difference between Squad CQ and Dom? (genuine question, I don't know).

You get a tank in Squad CQ.

Honestly, I think there are too many modes. Does anyone even play all of these? I just go into the different modes for assignments. They need to keep it simple.

Conquest
Rush or Breakthrough
TDM and or Dom

Less modes and more maps. This would lead to better map balance and quality.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
You get a tank in Squad CQ.

Honestly, I think there are too many modes. Does anyone even play all of these? I just go into the different modes for assignments. They need to keep it simple.

Conquest
Rush or Breakthrough
TDM and or Dom

Less modes and more maps. This would lead to better map balance and quality.
I agree, there's too many. And soon there will be even more modes. Meanwhile the most successful shooters have far less modes.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
So I've been playing Battlefield 1 again on my Xbox One thanks to the EA Access thing.
That game is absolutely way better than BFV. Visibility is way better than BFV. With the exception of Suez and Argonne the maps are all pretty good. AA guns are actually a threat to aircraft. The class balance seems way better. The UI was actually designed by a human. Character progression is fun and doesn't end at rank 50. The game actually has a team balancer. Medics have actual honest to goodness rifles and it didn't break the game. The game looks nicer.

I've really gotta ask what the hell happened to BFV?
I don't think so. Once experienced the movement and gunplay of BFV, it's hard to go back to BF1 and BF4 for me.
Movement and gunplay is clearly superior, it's not even a matter of opinions.
I prefer the TTK of BFV much more too and the emphasis on squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.