• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
My goodness, 41 kills with that bad boy in one match? Equally as impressive is that you got 41 kills with only 90 shots, that's a 45% kill rate per shot. That's incredible lol. They are getting nerfed though. They are so OP yet I've only been killed by them maybe 5 times somehow. Guess not everyone knows about them.
To be fair that's in a 49 min Frontlines game : https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1094334558363989952?handle=elyetis

But yeah good to see it nerfed ( thought it's not in tomorow Patch Notes, so maybe it's will be in next patch in two weeks ? ), that tweet does not go into details on what is "too close from where you fired the grenade " but at least it should prevent people from using it as somekind of shotgun at very close distances, which is probably what frustrate players the most.

On another note the ZH-29 might soon become the weapon I have the most kill with, it's just so much fun to play agressive with it. I'll never finish it's shitty assignments thought, headshots on Self-Loading Rifle, why ?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is my problem with Frontlines. Defenders have a clear advantage when pushed back. I'm not sure if it's a distance issue on some maps, the timer starting too quickly not allowing the attackers enough time to advance, or a gameplay mechanic missing from BF1.

Leads to a very boring back and forth. I've been on a ton of teams where they just setup on the flag they just caught since they know it's coming back.

I think in a balance game the timer is about right. When pushed back the defenders start with an advantage and start capturing the point, but if the attackers are doing well they can get in and tip the balance and ultimately with the point.

The more I play frontlines the more im enjoying it, both the steam roll wins, the steam roll losses and the back and forth balanced matches.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
That's totally valid, but I was more like "this game is totally fine as it is now but I would rather wait for the new and shinier version thats right around the corner and play something else in the meantime".
Which is where Kingdom Hearts III comes into play! I've uninstalled until the battle royale patch which I figure will be one of the last major updates and then I thought I'd give it another shot.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never finish it's shitty assignments thought, headshots on Self-Loading Rifle, why ?
All the assignments have hidden unlocks. You can basically get them done just with 60 kills i think. No headshots in objectives bullshit. I'm not good enough to do that at the higher levels and I got full gold for a couple guns

Oct 27, 2017
The game is stale, the weekly progression achievements indicate that the "Lightning Strikes" is going to go into March, and there is a chance that the Greece map isn't even out next month :( 4 fucking months between single map releases...

The tank destroyers are coming at the end of the chapter, cosmetics still MIA.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The game is stale, the weekly progression achievements indicate that the "Lightning Strikes" is going to go into March, and there is a chance that the Greece map isn't even out next month :( 4 fucking months between single map releases...

The Stug IV is this week.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

Aww yis TTD/TTK fix.

Netcode / TTK / TTD Improvements
  • Added a new system that will ensure consistency between TTK (Time to Kill) and TTD (Time to Death) regardless of the network performance issues (high latency, jitter, packet loss, etc.) encountered by players. With this change, the damage sequence from first bullet to last bullet hit will always properly be paced over time and will avoid bundling of damage (superbullets).
  • Increased the amount of damage updates that can happen in a single packet. This will ensure that the damage is sent to the player as fast as possible and avoid very delayed damage from weapons like shotguns.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the client to receive an incorrect amount of damage that would get corrected by the server shortly after. In some cases, the health correction for the client would only happen when a new damage update happens, which led to a desynced state where the player would try to self-heal or interact with other healing sources unsuccessfully.
  • Fixed an issue where the player's health would wrongly update due to incorrect high frequency prioritization. This would commonly happen if there were a lot of players in the area. This issue could present itself when, for example, players tried to heal themselves, but no health was applied when the health pouch was used.
  • Fixed an issue where players still could take bullets damage for too long from a player that was recently killed, especially if that player had high latency. When the player is now confirmed killed on the server, damage from that player will be rejected. This change will not affect grenades, rockets and other projectiles that are not bullets.
  • Improved the visual replication of projectiles. This will ensure a more consistent directional damage feedback and will increase the accuracy of directional hit indicators.
  • Improved the HUD health updates when taking damage.
  • Fixed an issue where camera shakes would get delayed. This impacted how fast the player could read the damage feedback.
  • Made several improvements to vaultable object detection.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I hate Frontlines. Needed a win to advance Tides and played 7 matches tonight without a single fucking win.

Really frustrating.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
DICE should disable bipod deploy when laying prone on your back. Makes no sense as it is, and would go a long way towards scrapping asshole support camping on their back in rubble yet benefiting from maximum accuracy.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I know there was talk about it, but I don't know if they actually tested it. MMGs are just pain. Nobody likes dying to them because it's extremely easy to get kills with them. Like the worst player in the world can do well with a MMG if they are defending. You can get a ton of kills with minimum effort. When you get killed by one you're not like "Oh, that was a good shot man." It's more like, "Oh, this prone fuck in the corner." It pisses players off more than recon. At least recon actually has to aim and use skill to get their kills. MMGs is just spray and watch the kills mount up.

-Fix visibility
-Disable the bipod when on your back.
-Give LMGs and MMGs a movement penalty (movement speed and make it so they go prone slower, so they can't dolphin dive).
-Reduce accuracy while moving.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I never really looked into it, but why are these prone n00bs always laying on their back?
Is it to mimic downed players or something?

A bit yes. But more so because the back prone clips more often to the ground than the regular prone, so there's a chance they'd be "half-buried" into the ground.

And also because it's kinda cool to shoot between your legs ?

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
A bit yes. But more so because the back prone clips more often to the ground than the regular prone, so there's a chance they'd be "half-buried" into the ground.

And also because it's kinda cool to shoot between your legs ?

Can't argue with that.....

DopeyLimitedLarva-small.gif

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

There was a new map in December BTW. But I get what you mean.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Visibility is not optimal that's for sure, but i don't entirely get the complaints regarding prone players. There is a minority camping prone somewhere on the battlefield. Those players are usually bad and because of that they have to be prone all the time waiting for an enemy to pass just to get that one kill. It's a cheap scrub tactic nothing more really.

I'd be prone all the time on a real battlefield lol.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Even the Boins/Microtransactions are still missing from the game. It's pretty telling. And the big games are about to come out in the next weeks, Anthem, Metro, Division 2, Crackdown etc. Yet we haven't seen one single thing from Firestorm. Show some gameplay even if it's not finished.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Visibility is not optimal that's for sure, but i don't entirely get the complaints regarding prone players. There is a minority camping prone somewhere on the battlefield. Those players are usually bad and because of that they have to be prone all the time waiting for an enemy to pass just to get that one kill. It's a cheap scrub tactic nothing more really.

I'd be prone all the time on a real battlefield lol.
I think it must be very frustrating for more casual players, if you play a lot you start to see people more easily and you know where to look. More people than normal are using the prone in a random spot tactic in this game. The fast TTK, the visibility and the removal of spotting were obviously going to cause it to happen.

Snipers would be the usual reason people would be discouraged from lying down, but the strength of Assault has made decent Recon players much less common. Lots of the people playing the class seem completely oblivious to the spotting tools. The backwards and forwards to get ammo for the spotting flare is more work than fun as well.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Snipers would be the usual reason people would be discouraged from lying down, but the strength of Assault has made decent Recon players much less common. Lots of the people playing the class seem completely oblivious to the spotting tools. The backwards and forwards to get ammo for the spotting flare is more work than fun as well.

I think it's mostly that the flare doesn't go far enough for most snipers to be able to reveal the enemy team (because they play faaaaaaaaar away (and usually don't hit shit)) and nobody ever use the recon scope outside of assignments.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Those patch notes aren't the final ones by the way, someone found them on the server and shared the link on Reddit on the 8th.

We'll get the final notes today and the patch is confirmed for release tomorrow.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't deploy a new map in March, it will be 4 months between the Panzerstorm and Crete.
For sure. I hate the wording that DICE uses. Greece should be in the ToW that starts in March, so to me, that could mean release it at the end of that ToW which will last however long. Also its Greece, so a single map or location and more than one map. I only wonder that cause Norway, France, eta is a location but each has 2 maps.

But this could just be me hoping for the best. It will prob just be a single map...

Last edited:

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
Bit off topic but I don't know where else to ask, does anyone know how well populated Battlefield 4 is on the PS4 these days? The tracker site seems to be broken for it.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
-Fix visibility
-Disable the bipod when on your back.
-Give LMGs and MMGs a movement penalty (movement speed and make it so they go prone slower, so they can't dolphin dive).
-Reduce accuracy while moving.

I'd also add massive delays to ADS, particularly with LMGs. you can aim almost as fast with a ke7 as you can with an assault rifle.

LMGs need to be lethal but slooooow...they benefit too much from being a bit of both.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Are you folks joking, have ya'll actually tried diving with an MMG or LMG and deploying? Because the bipod does not deploy instantly. In any situation like that you guaranteed to die first trying to deploy.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
i would also add for ppl playing on console with a gamepad : bring up the screen and instead of V1 call for something else, because the shitty comorose doesn't clic quadrants and you moved just a tiny bit to the left or right while releasing LB (which is by itself a stupid combination to launch it). This happens to me almost 90% of the time when I can call a V1 (and all the above as well of course...).

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Some people don't get that the Tanks should have infantry support. I know I'm not the best tank player in the game (or of the better), but several times it happens that you're driving with the tank, and no one tries to defend it. Last night I was playing in Hamada with the Tiger I since the enemy were using Staghounds and Valentine tanks. Point captured and everyone in the team rush to the next objective as enemy players stealthly crawl among them. I spot them for my squad. Supress them. My teammates just keep going. Then I get wrecked as I got surrounded by enemy assault players since the Tiger isn't fast enough to get away safely.

Oct 27, 2017
Some people don't get that the Tanks should have infantry support. I know I'm not the best tank player in the game (or of the better), but several times it happens that you're driving with the tank, and no one tries to defend it. Last night I was playing in Hamada with the Tiger I since the enemy were using Staghounds and Valentine tanks. Point captured and everyone in the team rush to the next objective as enemy players stealthly crawl among them. I spot them for my squad. Supress them. My teammates just keep going. Then I get wrecked as I got surrounded by enemy assault players since the Tiger isn't fast enough to get away safely.

At least some tanks have those s-mine launchers that can wreck infantry sneaking in from behind relatively good. I don't really get why they nerfed tanks so hard from previous games. They were fine before and now without upgrades you struggle to kill 1 soldier.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Combined Arms, the co-op mode coming in, I dunno, when I think of Battlefield I do not think of AI opponents that are competent. At least we dont have long to wait to check.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Something weird is going on with squad leader points on PS4. I've noticed myself and several other leaders losing points by the boat load when nothing has been called in. Going to jump out and go back in and see if it's still happening

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So Rush isn't coming until March 7th, however, it's part of the Hannut GO which is coming later next week. So, at least we can try it out.

I'm honestly more excited about the QoL changes than most of this stuff.

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
Sorry quick question. How are they going to handle the unlocks for the timed exclusive weapons? I don't have time to play for unlocks right now, and I've already missed a few

Status
Not open for further replies.