• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly can not believe they are still making a co-op mode

One of the most baffling decisions I've seen from DICE. dev time wasted for something absolutely nobody would want or should want out of a battlefield game

Oct 27, 2017

One of the most baffling decisions I've seen from DICE. dev time wasted for something absolutely nobody would want or should want out of a battlefield game

It would be an ultimate troll if the co-op was just shooting dumb AI running around horde style. No new mechanics, no mission narratives, just basic bots coming in waves/groups and recycled multiplayer objectives (hunt, defend, capture, destroy).

I will take my words back if the co-op is anything like the prologue mission or specialized content: massive air battles, Sniper-Elite style Norway infiltration missions, 20+ tank battles, tactical squad raid with call-ins and bosses.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
You think it's going to be anything more than that?

Might even be giving too much credit mentioning horde.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
The BC2 co-op was just waves of bots on the MP maps. I liked it a lot, but I had a lot of people on my friends list playing the game back then.

Another mode isn't something we really need now. I'm dreading the Rush assignments when they come, trying to attack solo while my whole team stand in the spawn is going to be amazing.

Oct 28, 2017
I was under the impression that the co-op was a training wheels mode that was going to be on release but was pushed back because the game was rushed and released with half its features missing because it's an ongoing live service!!!!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Before

DzO9skvVYAAO8zn.jpg

After

DzO9uc_U8AAO1dF.jpg

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

So true, especially seeing that EA has launched a free MP game with coop, and Anthem is launching in a week or two. Also, they prioritized SP and coop over battle royale. And someone actually got paid to decide that. Baffling.

Oct 28, 2017
Scrubs: Fix the visibility! Fix the glitches! New guns! New maps! New vehicles! Where are they!!!

Me, an intellectual: Where the frick is the hair!!! Why are the current cosmetics so lame!!!

players being easier to see is ok i guess

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not to be a dink but knowing DICE the visibility changes will either be so subtle that it makes no meaningful difference whatsoever or so dramatic that you need new eyes upon seeing an enemy for the first time, while also breaking something totally unrelated.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Not to be a dink but knowing DICE the visibility changes will either be so subtle that it makes no meaningful difference whatsoever or so dramatic that you need new eyes upon seeing an enemy for the first time, while also breaking something totally unrelated.
Check the comparison shots on the previous page.

Oct 26, 2017
Ctrl+F "Firestorm"

I get it, a big epic blowout reveal is ready to go but they're sitting on it just a little longer because of Apex... Yeah. That's it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
To me it just looks like the only meaningful difference is the position the player is in.
Yeah that was a poor comparison. I was looking through the image expecting to see one or two enemies hiding Waldo style in the background, then they'd show up better in the "after" pic, which looked identical, except I suppose the grey outfit isn't quite as darkly lit while camping on the grey concrete or something like that.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that in no offense in any way and sorry if it came across as offensive. It took me a few seconds to notice the helmet. Def a problem and is good that DICE is improving on it.

No need, I was legitimately surprised to not notice it at all. If squinters like me are anything to go by, this change will be excellent.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's not a good comparison image to use. First one is on his stomach and the other is on his back.

I do see a slight difference though, so I'll wait with my impressions until I can play.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
So no one having the squad leader points problem? They keep ticking down despite not being used. And when they go up it seems the limit is in the low 11-14k. I've played entire long CQ matches to only make 8k points today

Jan 4, 2018
It's really time to update the roadmap in my opinion. It's been 3 months since the game has been released and all we know about new maps is that a Greece map will arrive at an unspecified date. And we know nothing about USSR, USA, Japan and Italy.

Jan 4, 2018

According to the roadmap, there is another new gamemode planned in the next chapter (besides Rush, Combined Arms and Squad Conquest in this chapter).

1550013501-bfv-tides-of-war-roadmap-1920-jpg-adapt-crop16x9-1455w.jpg

Warstories and new gamemodes are cool, but I just want iconic battles from WW2/new maps :(

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It's really time to update the roadmap in my opinion. It's been 3 months since the game has been released and all we know about new maps is that a Greece map will arrive at an unspecified date. And we know nothing about USSR, USA, Japan and Italy.
When the road map was originaly released I was hoping it would be updated every new "season", that the begining of lighting strikes would mean getting an update on what would follow Trial by fire.

Now we are mid february and we still don't even know how long Trial by fire will be, little about it's content ( when and what is Battl for Grece, what is that new mod ? ), and nothing about what will follow.

We know more about the entire 2019 Apex road map, a game we didn't even know existed when bfV was released, than we do about Q2 roadmap of battlefield V. Something something learn to communicate when you make a GAAS.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
So true, especially seeing that EA has launched a free MP game with coop, and Anthem is launching in a week or two. Also, they prioritized SP and coop over battle royale. And someone actually got paid to decide that. Baffling.

Battle Royale is being made by Criterion separately, the March release is supposed to fall in their development schedule so I am told.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also a survey going around. It doesn't take long.

Hello there!

I wanted to kick February off with a very quick survey that I'd like to ask you to fill in. As we move forward there will be one of these surveys every month.

They will always focus around communication, something I feel quite strongly about. I'm a big fan of there being a two-way dialogue between ourselves and our community, and you're not just talking to a wall. These surveys allow us to track how well we are doing, as well as give us valuable insight into what you're thinking. We know that as the game adapts and changes over time, so does the community. This is one way we can ensure we're moving with you, and not playing catch up.

It should take no more than 5 minutes of your time and will help provide us with some very valuable insights and data into the collective Battlefield community hive mind. This is the first survey, so I wanted to keep it brief, but as we move forward, I'll make sure we include questions that focus around key topics within the Battlefield community.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BFVFEB19

Cheers!

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Weird endless black screen loading bug on PS4 seems to be happening a lot more these days. Any information about it getting fixed?

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Netcode fixes AND visibility? Time to play a few rounds this week.
And I agree about the coop, who really wants that? Single player, multi player, coop and battle royale. What is this game?! Can we add a "tank mechanic simulator" too maybe?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The BR I can understand because it's the hot thing right now. Also DICE isn't even making it. However, the co-op is strange. I'd rather have some more maps than co-op with brain dead AI shooting gallery.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes are promising, will look for impressions to see if it's worth reinstalling. Netcode/TTD and visibility are probably the two biggest issues with the game.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Important to note that half the reason the first soldier is hard to spot is his legs are clipping into the rubble lol. Only his upper half is rendering.

Still, that's a nice change to the lighting of the uniform in the after pic, assuming it's from the visibility fix itself and not just the fact that he's in a slightly different pose and position.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
The BR I can understand because it's the hot thing right now. Also DICE isn't even making it. However, the co-op is strange. I'd rather have some more maps than co-op with brain dead AI shooting gallery.
It feels like they're trying to shove as many modes on to these maps as possible as part of the live service idea. It ignores the fact that new modes have struggled in the series for a long time. I'm sure we'll get Gunmaster and Capture The Flag as well before this is all over.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried Dlss and what a major disapointment, it has basically the same image quality as playing at 1440p. Am i doing something wrong? Also very stuttery.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely spent ages staring at these last night and couldn't see anyone in EITHER picture! No wonder my KD is so bad!

Looking at it again today, I can just about make out both people, but only because of the helmet.

I'm a bit dissapointed - I was hoping DICE were going to treat it like the footsteps and give everyone a nice yellow glow round their bodies and a red one around their heads.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is DLSS greyed out for me? Don't tell me it's the same shit like Final Fantasy 15 and it can't be used at 1080p.
I think they messed up somewhere.

I have a 1440p screen, it's greyed too, if I put my screen to 2160p (with DSR) I can enable the DLSS setting, but it's blurrier thant native 1440p with less FPS.

If I go back to 1440p the option is greyed (enabled but won't work) and it's much more cleaner with more FPS.
I even tried 2880p and the option is still greyed.

So I don't really know what is going on, worst implementation of DLSS so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.