• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good to me. I'm just glad that there at least looks to be a solo and duos mode. I was worried we'd be stuck playing with four people every time.

Jul 15, 2018
Here's hoping they don't go overboard with the reinforcement and vehicle aspects in Firestorm. A big part of what makes a BR great is how it's ultimately down to the player's experience and skill, not whoever has and hasn't got a tank or V1 at their disposal.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Thank goodness the original "squads only" rumour ended up being false. The mode would've been DOA for sure. It has a chance now.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
I know I'm in the minority, but I hope the Firestorm map isn't incredibly snowy. I get a sense of eye fatigue from the brightness of Narvik and Fjell really quickly.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I know I'm in the minority, but I hope the Firestorm map isn't incredibly snowy. I get a sense of eye fatigue from the brightness of Narvik and Fjell really quickly.
Those maps are trash can't stand the brightness after a few mins my eyes start to hurt, if i stay too long it will lead to a headache, the night time Narvik is fun...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Haven't you heard? This is the new mode where one team plays Squad Conquest and the other team plays proper Conquest*

* Temporary mode available until 13-03-2019
this is actually more common than a balanced match
I'm part of the problem. Since there is no team balancing, I'll just leave a game if I see a >150~200 ticket difference. Because I know next round will be as bad if not worst anyway.

The system is broken, before I took the pic it was 6-27, 5 players join, they got 3 players, we only got 2, made it 30-8, when i was leaving they got one more, 31-8, this game is a beta...

Jan 4, 2018
Sounds good but Norway doesn't hype me at all, we already have Narvik and Fjell and I would expect a WW2 BR to take place in an iconic and major location from the war.

A Normandy map with a Saving Private Ryan vibe would be a way better choice for a BR I think.

berlin_420

Jun 6, 2018
I hope they´ll add one throwing knife for each player for the start of the match in order to have more variety in terms of pre loot combat.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
First game of Rush, get aimbot fucker, does this game have a cheat detection program?

As per previous discussions, no indication of cheat detection. Seems entirely reliant on community reporting. Which has resulting in an epidemic of cheaters.

And I don't say that lightly. Like I said ages ago, I'm super apprehensive to make accusations of cheating, because I know sometimes I've probably died to a person I'd accuse of cheating when in reality it's just my own poor skill and frustration. But I've gone spectator enough times now to know that games are rampant with cheaters. It's absolutely a problem at the moment.

Gave Rush a try. First match was Twisted Steel, us attacking team pushing up a single hill towards two tight objectives. Naturally it's a chaotic mess bloodbath of awful gameplay. Who designs this shit?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it, even smaller games are able to get stuff like Easy Anti Cheat going to prevent high levels of hackers even if they don't protect 100%. This is a DICE game from EA and they can't even do that?

It constantly amazes me how their premiere franchise is being treated like some early access kickstarter game.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
BR info sounds good, I'll play it but it's not what I expect the most of this game.

Provence hyped me a lot more

EDIT: Just read that the new reinforcements are in! Smoke is cheap and Artillery costs 17750 points

Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
BR info sounds good and all, but i'm starting to get tired from those two factions we have. This game needs at least two more factions...

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they had that crawl mechanic (limited and without pistol) in the main multiplayer mode though.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I wish they had that crawl mechanic (limited and without pistol) in the main multiplayer mode though.
I thought the same thing.

It really looks cool, cant wait to try it.

My only issue is that my game is extremely blurry/with motion blur and I cant get it fixed.
It made me stop playing the game. It was good before, then after some update it happen.

Any suggestion guys ?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
DICE commented that the leaked video is an earlier version so stuff may have changed.

In any case, now I'm interested in this mode. It still doesn't beat new maps, factions etc. but I'm interested anyway

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Probably already posted but noticed some things:

Helicopter spotted @5s (looks flyable, player panzerfausts it) and @31s (Looks like a Flettner FI 282, used by Kriegsmarine)
JU-52 @12s
Schwimmwagen @32s

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Gaming side is even more negative than this OT, lol.

As someone who as been very critical of this, I think it looks good. Hell, I even want to play it now. I don't know what people were expecting, but that's BF BR. Oh it looks by the books or oh it looks bland. Seriously, like what else do you want or were expecting?

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Do want to mention this...

F8RGE (Global Community Engagement Manager at DICE) said:
Normally I don't comment on leaks for a number of reasons but breaking that habit today. Whatever has leaked has leaked, there's no stopping that, but I just want to clarify one thing.

Leaks of early versions and information are just that, early. When you read or watch something there's a risk that some of the things that you will see will be different when things release. Just wanted to flag that some information may change over time.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST

As someone who as been very critical of this, I think it looks good. Hell, I even want to play it now. I don't know what people were expecting, but that's BF BR. Oh it looks by the books or oh it looks bland. Seriously, like what else do you want or were expecting?
For real.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Rush is weaker than expected, I'm not convinced that the map design is there, but the players certainly aren't, it's just a rammy with the most aggressive team winning. Standing on the supply station spamming flares needs to be done, but it isn't fun.

Oct 26, 2017

After Apex, who the hell know knows? I guess people really want BR that is barely BR now.

As for my thoughts on this.... for one, I don't like their tutorial voice over guy. Never have, never will. Reminds me of Tomik and Bellgarde from Family Guy.

The objectives thing seems ok, and it's probably the biggest 'innovation' they've shown... I mean it's not so different from stuff other BRs have done. We'll see how it plays out.

The helicopter. Yeah... I love BF helicopters. And I miss them. I don't know if I'm going to get much out of what looks like what, a 1 seater scout? At least they've said that there are fuel limits. Vehicles in Blackout are really really stupid, the dumbest thing in that game is probably the guy that grabs the helicopter right away and just putzes around in it until the final circle because he has infinite fuel.

I noticed that there are AP mines... I'm not sure I'm ok with that.

The inventory UI looks shitty, just like the rest of the game's UI I suppose.

I wonder how the fire circle deals with buildings that end up right on the edge. Like the circle stops moving, and a building is half in... from the vid it looks like the half that's in might just be fine... I think it would be more interesting if it burned down/collapsed. Change it up from the regular BR dynamic of people hiding in corners of buildings that are partially in the circle.

Why are they making 'not final' tutorial videos anyway? What's the point? Just make the tutorial vid once you've locked down what the mode is. Am I missing something? Despite the comments on leaks I'll stick with the assumption that everything in the tutorial video is real.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, 4 games of Rush, and there was a single sector pushed total. (it was Twisted Steel with the tank for attackers)

Is it the DICE matchmaking, or DICE game design? I have no interest in playing more Rush because the mode is just not fair for attackers.

In Devastation, defenders have both elevation and cover advantage, while attackers have dicks in their hands.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also played some Rush and well it's Rush. I don't think it'll ever capture the magic of the BC series because those maps were design with Rush being the primary mode. That being said, it's fun. It's what you expect from Rush. Extremely chaotic as players try to arm/disarm the objectives. Also, it's 32 players (16v16). I'm glad they went with that because 48 or 64 would be a bit much. Also, I had no issues with attacking or defending. My team won the majority of the matches I played. Medics come into play heavily in this game mode.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
DICE keeps making bad takes on Rush, yet another dull and badly done take.

Tiny funnels on big CQ maps, you can shoot from spawn to spawn, objectives have no pacing between them so you can arm both A and B within seconds of each other etc.

Just... no.

Rush peeked in Bad Company 2, been downhill since.

Edit: Also player visibility is still absolute dog shit. Just lay on your back in random spot and everyone thinks you are corpse.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
These are some other helicopters they could actually add:

Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 (Axis)
697893.959340838.1.1600.jpg

Doblhoff WNF 342 (Axis)
Doblhoff_WNF_342_Modell_im_Ma%C3%9Fstab_1_zu_4%2C6_im_Hubschraubermuseum.jpg

Kayaba Ka-1(Axis)
fc9d74176146a74b67fac37647ebb504.jpg

Vought-Sikorsky VS-300 (Allies)
300px-Igor_Sikorsky_300.jpg

Sikorsky R-4 (Allies)
060807-F-1234P-005.JPG

Sikorsky H-5 (Allies)
Sikorsky_YH-5A_USAF.jpg

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The new Mosquito might actually be good. The largest bomb in the game before was 1k, this thing is fucking 4k. Plus it has 6 PDR cannons. I can't wait to try this thing.

7h4adhs93qk21.png

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The new Mosquito might actually be good. The largest bomb in the game before was 1k, this thing is fucking 4k. Plus it has 6 PDR cannons. I can't wait to try this thing.

7h4adhs93qk21.png

Via Reddit

7vci545mxok21.png

The first Grand Slam was tested at the Ashley Range in the New Forest, on 13 March 1945. "The crater left at the New Forest test site was 70ft deep and 130ft across, and eyewitness reports suggested that the test building could be seen shaking."

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
f1fho9163qk21.png

Also, I wonder if they'll add it to the main game. I'm sure it's not balanced for that, but it could be fun. Imagine it in Breakthrough, you start off at the coast and fight your way up to the snowy mountains.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the discord still active? (I'm not getting a link when i reply to it)
I'm just looking for people to play with on ps4

Oct 28, 2017
I was playing Rush on console and when the match started it I chose the Medic class and it told me it wasn't allowed in the server. What gives? It was working fine in the previous match and there was even someone there using it.

I'm going to assume it was a glitch.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Holy fuck, 4 games of Rush, and there was a single sector pushed total. (it was Twisted Steel with the tank for attackers)

Is it the DICE matchmaking, or DICE game design? I have no interest in playing more Rush because the mode is just not fair for attackers.

In Devastation, defenders have both elevation and cover advantage, while attackers have dicks in their hands.

I just played my first Rush game and got rolled all the way back as defenders in under ten minutes total. Guess it depends on the teams...

Edit:Aaand another whitewash. too many idiots playing recon or camping outside the objective area...smh, what a waste of a mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.