• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I don't think I have ever been this bored playing Battlefield than now when doing ToW in Rush.

There is no excitement, tactics or though involved in these maps. Just dull zerging in funnel.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I play the Grand Operation often, starting with Airborne on Panzerstorm, then it's Breakthrough on Panzerstorm and Rush on Arras. It infuriates me when on Attack on Panzerstorm Breakthrough and you wonder why the first flag is so hard to take, and you check the map and find 4 or 5 of your teams 6 tanks all hanging back. And then when the game is down to the last 10 or 20 tickets and tons of teammates still stay static outside the flag area instead of running in. Like, they'd rather lose the game than play the objective. WTF.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The new Mosquito might actually be good. The largest bomb in the game before was 1k, this thing is fucking 4k. Plus it has 6 PDR cannons. I can't wait to try this thing.

7h4adhs93qk21.png
All that's telling me is that it will be nerfed. A 4000 Ib bomb is like a constant V1 going off unless it has a significant cool down time. I'll go with the left package with the ground radar so I can pick off infantry faster and rake up kills.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
after seeing the tutorial, I would still play Apex than Firestorm.

Only reason for me to play Firestorm is if they force it for Tides of War

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
If it isn't bots, we have gamers who don't know how to call in stuff, 4 straight rounds on 4 different servers i am asking squadleader to call in smoke or artillery, we have the points and nothing,

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
If it isn't bots, we have gamers who don't know how to call in stuff, 4 straight rounds on 4 different servers i am asking squadleader to call in smoke or artillery, we have the points and nothing,
If you request an order and they don't give one you will be promoted to squad leader and can call it in yourself.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
If you had game size and north america selected from last time you searched for a server it will mess up your search. Hit reset filter and just search for rush.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm so good at this game. Look at all these bodies. Nobody can beat my tactics and aiming. I am Battlefield. If you want this skill, it doesn't come lightly. You need to practice. You have to become a master of the MMG and the prone stance. If you master this, you too can become Battlefield. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun dun!

BFlol.png

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm so good at this game. Look at all these bodies. Nobody can beat my tactics and aiming. I am Battlefield. If you want this skill, it doesn't come lightly. You need to practice. You have to become a master of the MMG and the prone stance. If you master this, you too can become Battlefield. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun dun!

BFlol.png
Don't downplay your skill Forerunner. You also have FPS and latency issues. It takes a true master to show this level of skill and also deal with that.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Was the M1922 mg nerfed?

I could have sworn I was able to zoom while standing with it... Now I am forced to lay down.

Oct 27, 2017
Was the M1922 mg nerfed?

I could have sworn I was able to zoom while standing with it... Now I am forced to lay down.

You cannot aim without the bipod. BUT, the gun is a beast, it shoots so fast you can be pretty inaccurate, yet still spray multiple people before it even overheats. I am running 250 magazines with lower heat, it is absurd how much better it is compared to MG34.

This is why specializations make it difficult for the diversity: you get the best weapon in the category, and then you select how to modify it. There is no "X gun has higher penetration against light vehicles, planes and cover", or "Y weapon has the higher magazine", "Z weapon has the lowest recoil".

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Game can't be played with over 100 ping, shit reminds me of BF3 bullets still killing you even after you have run behind cover for half a sec, with my usual ping 40-45, run for cover and I live, don't get the homing bullets of BF3..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I heard there's a new night version of uhhh whatever it's called. The tank map. Is it available in conquest?

Nup. Night Panzerstorm is only in Grand Conquest. It's shit though. More like a desaturated grey/blue over the map and not really dark like you'd expect a night map to be.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Panzerstorm! Only all the enemy tanks are invincible!

Absolutely fuck this game, honestly.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Hm I got a BFV Nvidia code and was under the impression that it could be redeemed via website (proof as of Feb via Geforce.com) but apparently things have changed since last week, according to Nvidia support. I do not have a GTX 2080, is the only way then to have someone redeem and presumably log into my nvidia/origin accounts? Ugh

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Rush is so bad, poorly designed, you can die in less than 5 secs after the game starts, I am level 40 for ToW i don't need to play this trash mode, it's a good thing it's a temp mode...

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Can't help thinking Levelcap's tank complaints are because of the assignments, if you need ten revives or hip fire kills with SMGs, you're not likely to switch class halfway through the game to deal with a tank. Rush seemed to bring out a load of medics as well, like people suddenly care about ticket bleed.

The whole youtuber thing has become a bit bizarre to me. Apparently the gun play in this game is perfect, but they're all a bit bored of the game.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's a game mode that funnels you to a certain point on the map. One guy with a MMG can mow down a quarter of the enemy team. Now imagine there are multiple players defending with it. In other game modes it's not as bad, annoying yes, but not as broken. For instance, in Conquest, if some guy has an area down on lock. Just go to a different point. Or in Breakthrough, you can attack the objective from multiple angles because of the cap radius. This doesn't happen in Rush, you are all funneled into that one spot with the objective. Plus it being a smaller mode means that instantly mowing down four guys is a huge deal and changes the flow of the game.

MMGs have always annoyed me, but in Rush they just break mode. The only drawback of a MMG is that you can't ADS and in BF that doesn't even matter because of the nature of the game. In something like Apex or CoD not being able to ADS would be a huge drawback because those games are about aggressive and fast play. However, BF games are more passive due to the modes. So, you give someone a gun with little to no recoil, huge ass ammo capacity, and an insane RoF then the only drawback is that you can't ADS? That drawback is fucking meaningless.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I know every time I mention it people get mad, but an Xbox One X plus a XIM Apex is not the worst way in the world to play an FPS... Battlefield is generally one of the games that works pretty well with XIM.
Xbox One now supports mouse and keyboard, but it's up to the developers to enable it in games. Some games have it enabled like Fortnite and Warframe, and even non-FPS game such as Surviving Mars.
So maybe BFV or the next one will support it too someday.

I don't doubt there's better alternatives now more than ever to play Battlefield on a console with alternative control schemes. Microsoft in particular look to be unifying a lot of their Xbox/PC service, content, and hardware delivery.

But I'm still not interested. I primarily game on PC, and so that's where I'd like to stay. A vast majority of multiplayer games are always going to be less prone to cheating on consoles, but I'm not going to abandon my comforts, investment, and preferred control scheme to favour that in the face of an ecosystem that warrants more attention. Battlefield has always had cheating issues but something must be seriously busted with Battlefield V because it's goddamn everywhere at the moment.

Basically my expectation is that EA/DICE do better at stopping it, rather than me finding less cheating rampant places to play.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so beautiful.

This video might be disorienting/nauseating in some parts (it reminded me why I don't like planes in real life), but some of the shots look amazing.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
After playing 300 hours of BFV, I still can't get over how bad Image quality this game has. I really don't like the TAA, to me everything seems so unfocused. I've to force mass amount of sharpening to make it more focused. In regards to this Panzerstorm is the worst offender.

1080p 120% res scale.

I rather have jaggies than this TAA but I can't turn it off.

Last edited:

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
After playing 300 hours of BFV, I still can't get over how bad Image quality this game has. I really don't like the TAA, to me everything seems so unfocused. I've to force mass amount of sharpening to make it more focused. In regards to this Panzerstorm is the worst offender.

1080p 120% res scale.

I rather have jaggies than this TAA but I can't turn it off.

Yeah I don't like the TAA in this game either. I use the .cfg to turn it off even though it messes up the lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.