• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I think I know why the game is just chaos, random mush of players who don't care about objectives or team play.

There is nothing wrong with the people who are just doing kill X in one life, or any other inefficient task. The game is designed this way by the people who don't play it: Progression or Teamplay, not both. The assignment treadmill is running every week. I think many people are burned out by this stupidity of prioritizing carrot rewards over quality/balanced rounds.

There is no progression without assignments, pretty sure DICE doesn't give a shit either and is just stalling until Firestorm, then there will be a Bail-out chapter. It all started with dumbasses making "Kill 2 Planes with MG in one round" in BF1. I know we all did this stupid weapon unlock, ignoring the team, and just camping out the planes in mountain maps.

Looking at the Xbox chart again, watch out BFV, just a few steps down and Battlefront II is going to be more popular:

oV2Vxl3.jpg

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I'm so good at this game. Look at all these bodies. Nobody can beat my tactics and aiming. I am Battlefield. If you want this skill, it doesn't come lightly. You need to practice. You have to become a master of the MMG and the prone stance. If you master this, you too can become Battlefield. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun dun!

BFlol.png
Lol yeah sure. Good stuff.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
After playing 300 hours of BFV, I still can't get over how bad Image quality this game has. I really don't like the TAA, to me everything seems so unfocused. I've to force mass amount of sharpening to make it more focused. In regards to this Panzerstorm is the worst offender.

1080p 120% res scale.

I rather have jaggies than this TAA but I can't turn it off.
What?!? I'm playing in 4k hdr on a 70" for around the same amount of time betwee the x and pro and It looks gorgeous. You must be playing a different game.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I think I know why the game is just chaos, random mush of players who don't care about objectives or team play.

There is nothing wrong with the people who are just doing kill X in one life, or any other inefficient task. The game is designed this way by the people who don't play it: Progression or Teamplay, not both. The assignment treadmill is running every week. I think many people are burned out by this stupidity of prioritizing carrot rewards over quality/balanced rounds.

There is no progression without assignments, pretty sure DICE doesn't give a shit either and is just stalling until Firestorm, then there will be a Bail-out chapter. It all started with dumbasses making "Kill 2 Planes with MG in one round" in BF1. I know we all did this stupid weapon unlock, ignoring the team, and just camping out the planes in mountain maps.

Looking at the Xbox chart again, watch out BFV, just a few steps down and Battlefront II is going to be more popular:

oV2Vxl3.jpg

Ive said before, the assignments that demand players do something a certain way are stupid. They've always been stupid. Assignments need to be severed from weapon progression entirely so people can actually play the game and do whats needed at the moment. The assignments are actually encouraging lone-wolf behavior which runs totally counter to the additional team play mechanics that they added. People should be playing the objectives, not threading needles upside down while blind folded. Assignments just get worse and worse with each game. The game worked best when you just played the game and got the upgrades and new guns over time. If you took the team play additions that BFV added and back ported them to BF3, BF4 or BC2, id never play any other BF games because thats all those games needed, more incentives for team play.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
DICE has always had a hard time balancing complex game design that encourages and rewards teamplay and class specific duties, and the surge of players who instinctively don't care and would rather rush or grind for KDR. I sympathise with the dev team here because I'm sure it's a fucking monster of a problem to try and wrangle; build a game that is deep enough in class/vehicle/weapon role that strategic, coherent team play is rewarding and beneficial towards meeting objectives, while also building an experience that is accessible and caters to the widest breadth of gamers including those who just want to boot up, jump in, and shoot-the-guy. I've always felt Battlefield is at its best when risk/reward and class/vehicle specific duties exist. My most memorable, closest matches are where there's some kind of vague coherency on each team, people working together, and actually trying to strategically take capture points and play to class/vehicle strengths.

I think DICE could learn a lot from Apex Legends, oddly enough. They will never, ever solve the problem of selfish and dumb players. They'll always exist. And the game formula must unfortunately accommodate them. But heavily contextual use of spotting/marking would go a very long way towards assisting communication between teams and squads. They've put a bit of it in Battlefield V; I really like being able to spot marker threat areas, even if I feel the squad doesn't listen most of the time, but when they do and they use it too it feels great.

A basic addition they took out for some reason would be friendly vehicle tagging for a lift. I don't know why this was scrapped and instead made a specific command on the wheel. At least in previous Battlefields I could point at a friendly vehicle, hit Q, and a message would be sent that I need a ride. It's gone here.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the first time I saw the ping and order system in Apex Legends my first thought was "this would be great in Battlefield V" since there was enough thought put into it that it's an essential component of the game unlike BF or any other game regardless of genre where order commands are basic afterthoughts most people pay no attention to (try giving orders in BO4).

If they do copy it I don't expect it until the next game, though.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
The M1897 is such a beast now, wow. The tears in the chat were real in some of the games I played.

U1TxnJQmwiA11GlayTLNMqzneTPG5V1b9bK8LiMKl6pPvGma2SMiUsrMyaQf1qEhMXXIdyjIWcLwNqXg4mW95yWBNhGKwpxnjZ0C7sbMj8GyFss4kmTzKI0qVi65a5sbNqDUKusZ5Ul7PKIjv13wnNexeP_7mIWi7Kxv3XwGz3ayyifahiK7mQpEy4CEslakj8Evus0y9UZvF1NpWt6owf2ntpVdGJYPnjRG55dHtdUQXoZhiLz7DwhuFhBwDnVi_D_fYqw7zlS1VzUN8VyJFJ4Xrh-QW6MMicuacbb9HmL4qipMm01qZQx60657Mjbz8m2HovawtfWJpwlEFy62QWOQ903NFuwHlOv1Bx-u1-iv_BUsEh2lMX8q4BCpGq_Bl1fqmUyc74-q-RdpQD6yjORF7yJ90CCe4C3cGZswebia-Xi4tv7ZUcZUgXWfQ0ROWzc_-j3Z0npxV0A_Mw-KgWpO71y0PGBnUVbMvF3yzt9LjqBLI-l1xdMDFLj8gw_55Eb63HZq2d8Zx0ay8nh41mk64317iSOfo3je9igDLXl8On_wDreLEHnSkCsVoWeM0DldEgR1sBm59du3S4j4seGJYcKH-3TpiSPab_bpSLFq0fNJF1aLQBlaIG3Rky_NsopL46YEMCmhPysA_ujCUStpLEURoi_hqXDLVMD5euvsItDdXjmXp9uLNjorPAajyQ20VVVuUgO3fPF5xK97FUPOu8HzS493hGoHF-tXkLVusPnBSwiHTOWJ3BBPsZPP5fcLEZeTZeVDEf08uGd4X5SNCImfNbpcVcp5BpzFIxL8HxofltSNc3phx1o=w743-h418-no

-o-Ev2zLFr7IUL91t45syNKeMiDdJegwFE3W2hTI1AB08kaXdiPCPjFo76fyfKvV56tOWS9p3_cBo050_ircmgvqFy4nLBKU7jKQmSe_lwiQZfp2TyDDJcOzmTkXRfXiWrZStxLJmDJeVIRrJu05HmdlIPmcmv_qUGJZeSfXRQEBwTFviQNlUJVkBCdzjygcbApa9KHQUV_jx_MpLbNvzK_EVTR4wOkBF_9Orh2s8VyCjMvQbhgh5Qfti0hn2Jogv5AukaHUac__GTdjpuLf7y2zPKyyV1bViFPC1PWy-iN5Ck_AH43wa2ami9AXVGcqEPYoaJ5LuTgpoQJXv2FAmOZkWHXwya1poMkzXEfraOQmdsGKLunoxX70pHZIxWkv9Ry8yI8VtKQe4fCi8Ur62CzUmfxdHIxysUdGDWAjlJh2cgeitjjxHke4OLtcAEX8LzvdLRi-dhdnGRYi-3oOgBzKnfD2NUuUP5e2WaueglzvgsE1CIxaT6Eg1CajWKFpxAq2YfCl7Sfo2mAZlVOeodOmE2WGiZ0Zk-VmWGJdwpoDOCucJlrpG4SUXzBJnnTH3mX_bIkdto8lNpjOcIG-Mc0woAhr6H4YhFmCoV8gSJ-QOQI4NErkHO0pzCbjHTdQQg1vjCho9ahz0pWpumFm9vMo98s9_7j1y82vMZIDxA_UxwpyMJ28pJRw0Znyw2InoXZHlhmu0--I7zF6XeAGs-9rc7-I-FMhlyBLA_tyE_T89t6PnORLdqS2Dlg4IH9UbWnCmVAi8NKJdPKdynslCzgH4g-GzxTQw_BAugBi53AxyKkDboKEQoFB7AKW2uf7ugxZyjTB5udBXkXz7N2ntijnQWkSotSMRVzHjS3EBilyQq0K3gay=w910-h512-no

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
What about my hook arms DICE? I want hook arms.

Also, I still have this bug where the hanger where the company is darkened, and therefore I cant see shit. Its really hard to care about customization if I cant see what im wearing.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
What ever happen to vehicle customization

It's canceled. DICE did an email survey where we could choose between vehicle customization or adding attack dogs to the game. A majority of players (including me) chose the attack dogs, so now they're going to add those to the game.
First up is the German Shepherd, which is coming a ToW reward.

Sneak preview:

A-dog-being-posed-by-a-German-soldier.jpg

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, shotguns are good right now. I think they are in a good place considering the TTK in this game.
Agreed. Sadly I fear the mass will just cry about dying from it in close quarter, forgeting about all the other time where to were only getting 2-4 dmg because they were far enough to make it completely useless.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I have you already and saw you playing a couple days ago 🤔
Perhaps? Haha I don't remember who's who's on my friends list besides my rl friends and people I play with often. A lot of people from destiny 1 and previous bf games. Regardless if you see me playing, feel free to join my party or invite me.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps? Haha I don't remember who's who's on my friends list besides my rl friends and people I play with often. A lot of people from destiny 1 and previous bf games. Regardless if you see me playing, feel free to join my party or invite me.
awesome thanks! if you're on tonight i'll probably do that.

and I'm now done with Rush. Got the plane, I think i won a total of two games in Rush because my team was just not good at going for the objective and just not helpful in general.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Assault is OP, very OP class, assault was the last class i got to level 20.. I am an average player, while leveling Medic my KD was around 1.2 usually my stats are 27kills 20deaths, while leveling assault my KD was 5 and above, went back to medic the struggle is real, guns are trash, the Tommy gun is trash the recoil on that shit reminds me of BF1 guns it's all over the place, the best medic gun is Suomi-KP 31, game needs a proper balancing, every class needs to be looked at...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Assault: Best weapons and gadgets.
Medic: One weapon archetype.
Support: Big mag ARs with less recoil and the weapons with the highest dps capacities. Pronefield.
Recon: Why bother?

Class balance hasn't been ideal since the start and they still haven't addressed it.

The least they could do is put scope glint on all 3x, but they won't even do that. It's amusing when almost all Assault and Support run with 3x on their weapons and they aren't punished for it like Recon.

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Played some BF1 to compare Ross Mark 3 sniper rifle, couldn't even do a decent comparison since BFV bolt action sniper rifle have disappearing bullets, verdict BF1 wins..

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking hate Conquest with all my heart. They made the maps around it and they fucked up completely. Fuck Conquest.

There.

It's my rant of the week.

Sorry.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've finally stopped playing , even though I'm at level 36, and close to outfit. Too many other games, the challenges are too fiddly for me, and I've seen and done everything.

Will be back for firestorm!

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It's a Battlefield game what did you expect?

I expected better. BF3 had a much better Conquest experience than BFV can offer. Here, it's just a shitfest.

And since they could not refrain using this mode on Grand Ops, my experience in it turns from great to awful each time we switch to a day of Conquest. It's so frustrating...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I have a ton of assignments now for 200-400 coins, and they seem to be repeatable? Is that correct? A lot came via Deluxe I think, and some more popped up in the last week or so.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Managed to kill someone with the smoke squad reinforcement. That was neat.

Then ran into someone I'm pretty sure was hacking. If they were, they were on the more subtle side of it, probably switching it on/off. Some of the kills were very suspect though.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of information in the menu is starting to really annoy me. Like for example, the Stuka B-2 if you pick AT mines, you lose your bombs. You dont find out till you get into a match. The Spitfire mk VB default weapon caliber is what? Sniper rifles doesnt have their range and velocity of bullets as well.

edit: I shouldnt have to go to the wiki to see the Spitfire mk VB has a 20mm Hispano by default. So the spitfire VB 20mm Hispano should also be effective against ground targets as well since the 20mm Hispano for the mosquito FB mentions that ?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
20mm Hispano are pretty bad. They nerfed them a lot. They aren't that great against infantry and they do no damage against tanks.

Oct 26, 2017
The lack of information in the menu is starting to really annoy me. Like for example, the Stuka B-2 if you pick AT mines, you lose your bombs. You dont find out till you get into a match. The Spitfire mk VB default weapon caliber is what? Sniper rifles doesnt have their range and velocity of bullets as well.
Yeah, some random upgrade will completely replace your bomb, but then you pick a bomb upgrade and... it lets you have both. Ok game. Imagine if they had made the infantry loadouts like this. Just a weird tree of garbage with no hint as to what it actually does to your class loadout. Who came up with this shit and why does he still have a job?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
When balanced, Rush is good. Flanking routes add a bit of oportunities when your team is at a choke point. I've taken objectives alone in Twisted Steel due to this, while eveyone on the team is on the other objective.

Had some really good back and forth matches yesterday, after my first rounds friday nights weren't so good due to imbalanced teams.

I swear some people don't realize some important stuff. Flanking and demolishing fortifications is crucial as an attacker.

In Devastation you have at least 4 entry points without going to the back of the library. The main entrance is covered by the second floor machineguns while the first floor has fortifications. to the left, there is an entrance to the second floor that's fortified. Destroy that damn thing and you can flank the machineguns opening a path inside. In the second sector, there are actually multiple points to get through, since the back of the church is open to get quick to objective B. Objective A turns into a meatgrinder though, but you can get there from three different points. Third sector is the easiest one for the attackers, objective B is open without fortifications, you only need to be aware of the entrance to the theatre.

Twisted Steel has the first two sectors being super hard for attackers though. Machine gun fire and snipers can get the best of you. That's when the Tank comes and it need to be handled well. You also have a flanking point under the bridge to get to objective A. Once you get through the first sector, the second one turns into another MMG's nest. Tank again is the main tool to get into Objective A, while Objective B is harder since it can be covered in every corner. You need to be agressive. From there, you have a more open path, with flaking routes like the swamp. Smart use of smoke and you're good to go.

Narvik is similar to Twisted Steel in it's first sector, but it's more consistent in it's difficulty. Tank is super important since there are more open places to get killed going to First Sector's Objective B. Objective A in the other hand has some vantage points for the attackers. Second Sector has Objective B pretty much open to flank and take out. Objective A is harder and better defended. Tank and explosives are a must to clear buildings, but overall you need to be aggressive from here on. Smart use of smoke and artillery and you win.

It isn't easy though, defenders have a way of succesfully defend each sector, and again, balancing is the bigger issue here. If the teams aren't balanced, there's no point in flanking since you'll get killed anyway by a sniper not concentrated on the choke points.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK

edit: I shouldnt have to go to the wiki to see the Spitfire mk VB has a 20mm Hispano by default. So the spitfire VB 20mm Hispano should also be effective against ground targets as well since the 20mm Hispano for the mosquito FB mentions that ?

The AT mines also have a chance to just straight up destroy your own plane if you drop them while diving, as a opposed to dropping them right as you pull up. It's a collision thing.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I bought a new slim model this past weekend to replace my OG PS4 and holy smokes, am I happy not to have the jet engine noise every time I play. What a difference. Anyhoo, I got to play some this past weekend and primarily used the Drilling to see the effect of the shotgun changes in this last patch and I gotta say, I'm happy with where they are now. Not OP and the range feels pretty good now. CQC is one shot to the face, which feels awesome every time and at range, I've been able to shave off some enemy HP and finish off with my sidearm. Don't really have any complaints with shotties ATM.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Gave Rush another go, fairly flawless run of wins, but it's not got that BC2 thrill. Too many players don't seem to get the mode at all, either hanging back or spending their time fortifying places they shouldn't. I did wonder if including 64 player Rush in Grand Operations has given players a weird idea of how to play the mode.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I don't play rush for wins, i just flank for kills and a lot of people do the same, plus none of the assignments said win X amount of games, it's just telling you to play the mode, and it looks like next week is the same gonna see players not playing the objective..

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's almost comical playing Rush 64P. Time and again, last objective, I'm about to spawn in and I check the deploy screen... and the entire defense is spread out evenly all over the map. Inevitably followed by sector lost or game lost.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

Yep. Vehicle information is particularly awful and the total opposite of accessible. There's been a few moments already where I've upgraded an aircraft or repair feature and lost something without the game clearly conveying that a change was to occur. It's like they took Battlefield 1's vehicle loadouts/variants and tried to cram it into a cumbersome skill tree. BF1's wasn't great but I'd vastly prefer it to this, with the ability to select a particular loadout style of aircraft rather than have one made redundant in favour of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.