• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The end-game animation (the music/white screen) is delayed from the clock which signals the end of the round. I like the delayed closing animation, but it definitely goes against the competitive nature.

When you kill the Nexus in LoL, your character is frozen (except for emotes) while the animation plays out. It worked like that in BF1: you were frozen, sometimes even in the melee distance of an enemy. In BFV, you can still interact until the screen goes completely white.

I was expecting more specializations, like:
Assault: Infiltrator (silencers), CQC (melee bonus), Anti-tank, Shocktroops (speed or health regen)
Sniper: Pathfinder (squad deployment thingy), Recon (spotting buffs/points), K-bullets, Headhunter (bonus headshot points)
Medic: Revive, Healing, Smoke
Support: Repair, Fortification, Special Ammo Restore (Fausts, Grenades etc.), Demolition, MG, Minesweeper (AoE aura revealing mines)

I think the specializations are a missed opportunity to explore what would happen if you had more specialized roles in BF. Instead, we have binary choices, and the bonus points for vehicles is not even a playstyle...
Agree. I also think Medic should be able to revive while prone as an advantage over other classes, or at least one specialization. It's a missed opportunity for them to create variety (and limitations) with sub classes and everyone still spams explosives because everyone carries them.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The Ag m/42.
swedish_chef.jpg

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wouldn't even recommend the Deluxe upgrade if it was one cent. It adds zero value to the game, the cosmetics you get from it aren't worth using. What else does it add, some extra assignments? Lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I have 400 hours of BF1 and I have never seen a Night-Raid airship :(

Regarding the train and ship skins, I might have seen something different without realizing that it was the skin.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Do a lot of people still play Battlefield 4? It's $9.99 on PSN, sorta want to get it. Only interested in PS4 version.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
Do a lot of people still play Battlefield 4? It's $9.99 on PSN, sorta want to get it. Only interested in PS4 version.

I played a week or so ago and it was mostly custom servers that I saw in the browser. Had no problem finding a game though. Felt good, but funny how dated it looks now.

I'd say it's well worth the $10 though. Especially since it's the last modern BF.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
For those that didn't do the TOW assignment last week, how much is it to buy the plane? Is it 100 cc?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
For those that didn't do the TOW assignment last week, how much is it to buy the plane? Is it 100 cc?
I missed the weapon from like 2 weeks ago an it was like 1700CC to buy, wtf. Vehicles for 100, gun for 1700? Even though the vehicle upgrades are way more expensive than gun upgrades? Just another Battlefield thing that doesn't make any sense.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I missed completing it and went to buy the plane but couldn't find it. It didn't pop up under my company when changing vehicles. Is it somewhere else or is this another case of it not being available for purchase yet?

Also have we gotten those YouTuber firestorm videos yet? If so anyone have a link to some good ones?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Since i max level my last class i have no desire to play, i could get every weapon to level 4, that goal isn't grand enough for me, they better increase the cap soon, i reinstalled BF3, gonna load that up tonight..

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
I played a week or so ago and it was mostly custom servers that I saw in the browser. Had no problem finding a game though. Felt good, but funny how dated it looks now.

I'd say it's well worth the $10 though. Especially since it's the last modern BF.
For some reason playing bf4 (xshadow_wolf) the characters seem to run slower than bf1 and 5 and the lack of sliding always takes getting used to again

Oct 27, 2017
I am demoralized by the sheet of assignments that I have to equip... It is so pointless, just up all the kill/score counts by 2x and track all that shit at the same time. I feel like I am railed into a playstyle before I even see the map...

I have started mowing people down with MG42, it looks like a better MG1922. However, all of these guns feel and play the same, the differences in reload speed or RPM are superficial, even linear. MG34 < MG 1992? < MG42.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This is why Guild Wars 2 is my favorite game, all their achievements are active you don't have to turn it on, kill 5000 Minotaur you can be playing the game naturally and earn that achievement, the game is constantly tracking every achievement, and GW2 has thousands of them, BFV can't track a few hundred lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
You the only fucking one, Welfare train did nothing to change the flow of the game, you were still going to lose, i have never played a game in which the Welfare vehicle brought us back to victory..

It did sometimes, but it was 100% on the driver of the thing to either dominate, don't move or just lose it. At least half of the time, "Fuck Driver" and "Driver is a retard" were unpleasant, yet accurate comments on the behemoth's performance. Train and Tank were especially dependant on the driver because positioning was everything. A ship could never dive too far, and its weapons were super long range compared to the tank/train.

Conquest Behemoths performance: 50% of the time Behemoths were just delaying the inevitable, 25% pinatas/useless, 25% actually making it close or even turning the match around.

Behemonths on Operations were great, they were almost always guaranteed to break-through one sector, sometimes even two. A train at the end of Sinai sectors was almost mandatory to hold all 3 points.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giving a how conquest works in Battlefield 1 it was almost impossible for a behemoth to change the game. like I played a lot about for one and I remember like one or two times they ever did anything useful. Also they are really easy to take out

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Brrrr.

I suddenly have horrifying flashbacks to Ship Behemoth drivers who just point the front of the ship towards the enemy and leave the rear turrets completely useless.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I want some more info on the new map. Hopefully they talk about it next week. Everything seems Firestorm focused, I wonder if it's even coming this month.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Why did they get rid of Battlelog/Companion support for BFV??

Being able to see your stats, class/weapon progress, change loadouts, etc... from a handy app or web interface was great!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You the only fucking one, Welfare train did nothing to change the flow of the game, you were still going to lose, i have never played a game in which the Welfare vehicle brought us back to victory..

Haha I think I just liked the arcade chaos they injected into the match, and I honestly never felt any were particularly overpowered given how defeatable they were. Battlefield 1 streamlined so many game systems and the moment-to-moment play is so fast and arcadey that I was comfortable with the Behemoth addition, even if their triggering seemed painfully inconsistent.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
Behemonths on Operations were great, they were almost always guaranteed to break-through one sector, sometimes even two. A train at the end of Sinai sectors was almost mandatory to hold all 3 points.
I don't know, I had at least three games where we'd steam rolled the defenders across that preceding two maps without losing a battalion only to be hung up on that last sector in Sinai even with a train. Sometimes I think you really needed to still have a couple of tanks or planes from a previous sector to be able to do it.

I did hope that we'd get a Battle of Jutland with lots of Dreadnoughts after we got Heligoland Bight.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, RE squad leader vehicle call-ins.

The way it seems to work is that if I'm the squad leader and have enough points, I can call in a vehicle. That vehicle appears on the main spawn and is selectable only by members of the squad, however has a timer attached to it with expectation to be selected before it reduces to zero. If it reduces to zero the vehicle is no longer selectable, and the squad points evaporate instead of being returned.

I don't call in a lot of vehicles, but this seems to be the case when I do. Am I misreading, or am I right? If it's the latter, who the fuck decided this?

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK

The way it seems to work is that if I'm the squad leader and have enough points, I can call in a vehicle. That vehicle appears on the main spawn and is selectable only by members of the squad, however has a timer attached to it with expectation to be selected before it reduces to zero. If it reduces to zero the vehicle is no longer selectable, and the squad points evaporate instead of being returned.

I don't call in a lot of vehicles, but this seems to be the case when I do. Am I misreading, or am I right? If it's the latter, who the fuck decided this?

You're right. I have no idea why the call in is time-limited...maybe to stop you from blocking other people's call-in? It would be more annoying for a squad to call reinforcements and troll people by not selecting them for the whole game. But it's dumb as it relies on you having to die and go to the spawn screen to select the reinforcement. You can definitely select it too, BTW.

Oct 26, 2017

A fucking moron, that's for sure. The timer doesn't seem to be very long either, though I'm not quite sure what it is. And there's a decent chance that after you hit redeploy, bleed a ticket and eat a death that the worst person in the squad with 25 deaths already happened to be on the redeploy screen and took it for himself.

If they are so concerned about a squad 'blocking' another and not spawning in, after a (LONGER FOR FUCK'S SAKE) timer just open up that spawn to the whole team so you know... it still goes to use. I mean, that's still kind of a stupid system, but that speaks to how ridiculous it is in the first place, where another bad system would feel like a huge improvement.

Oct 27, 2017
When I lost a couple of AT Halftracks, I was looking for a thief on the mini-map, HOW DID HE STEAL MY HALFTRACK?

Then, after the trial and error, I realized that there are around 60 seconds to claim the vehicle or lose it. It makes no sense... At the very least, it could be 60s of the squad priority, and then it is up for everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Was airdropping tanks a thing in WWII? If so, problem solved. Just let the vehicle call-ins be airdropped in certain locations.

While there were light vehicles dropped during WW2, it would just open a whole different can of worms. What if a random teammate crew it? What if the enemy kills you while the airdrop is in the progress, capturing the vehicle? What if you drop it into a stupid location, like the rooftop etc. What if you drop it onto the rocks? I have driven multiple Halftracks in the dead-end rock or cliff positions already. And then you have the historical corner, who would object to 60t heavy tanks being dropped from the air.

Over-engineering the solution to the problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
While there were light vehicles dropped during WW2, it would just open a whole different can of worms. What if a random teammate crew it? What if the enemy kills you while the airdrop is in the progress, capturing the vehicle? What if you drop it into a stupid location, like the rooftop etc. What if you drop it onto the rocks? I have driven multiple Halftracks in the dead-end rock or cliff positions already. And then you have the historical corner, who would object to 60t heavy tanks being dropped from the air.

Over-engineering the solution to the problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

I didn't say drop it anywhere, only in certain locations, preferably not on or near flags, but something you can easily run to without having to respawn to acces the vehicle.
As for the other problems you raised: like someone suggested above, the first 60 seconds it's only accessible for you and your squad and after that let it blow up or something. Or maybe even make it accessible to the rest of the team.
But it'll probably not change in the near future, with DICE having their hands full with making all the awesome maps we're getting...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Was airdropping tanks a thing in WWII? If so, problem solved. Just let the vehicle call-ins be airdropped in certain locations.

The M22 Locust was designed to be transported by glider. They weren't dropped by parachuting though. However, BF isn't exactly realistic, so whatever. Seeing a glider come in would be cool though, but I'm sure that would require a lot of work and they would never do it. We had to have a poll just for the Ju 52.

The vehicle call in design is just stupid. First, you have to die to even use the shit then you have a time limit. lol

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The M22 Locust was designed to be transported by glider. They weren't dropped by parachuting though. However, BF isn't exactly realistic, so whatever. Seeing a glider come in would be cool though, but I'm sure that would require a lot of work and they would never do it. We had to have a poll just for the Ju 52.

The vehicle call in design is just stupid. First, you have to die to even use the shit then you have a time limit. lol

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if this is one of the corners that got cut during development to save time. It's such a backwards design.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
First game in a few days and ran into a hacker, played BF3 last night ran into a hacker but he was banned by server admin....

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
What is the fastest way to reach level 40 on tides of war? I missed some of the previous orders and i dont have enough xp.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
What is the fastest way to reach level 40 on tides of war? I missed some of the previous orders and i dont have enough xp.
If you missed the assignments themselves the only way to grind XP during matches themselves. It's doable but you have to play a lot.

Not sure but I think quick matches (like TDM) would be your best bet for fast/quick XP, especially if you stay near the top of the leaderboard.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The first person to get to 40 did it by spamming Squad Conquest. So you need to play quick modes for the most xp gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.