• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If you missed the assignments themselves the only way to grind XP during matches themselves. It's doable but you have to play a lot.

Not sure but I think quick matches (like TDM) would be your best bet for fast/quick XP, especially if you stay near the top of the leaderboard.
TDM has the worst SPM potential out of any of the modes I think. Even the best players will struggle to consistently hit 400+ SPM in TDM while 600+ is achievable in most other modes.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The first person to get to 40 did it by spamming Squad Conquest. So you need to play quick modes for the most xp gain.
Even if your the best player in the game that's a lot of grinding, i couldn't do it, the rewards are trash anyways, IMO the unlocked class outfits are better than the ToW....Originally i thought those ToW outfits looked great, that's because i was level 18 when Lighting Strikes dropped, none of my characters use a single outfit piece.

Allied Assault..
bfv2019-03-1611-19-05eejm7.png

Axis Recon..
bfv2019-03-1611-17-28dkk13.png

Last edited:

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Hey all, back to see if battle royale is out yet, and to get a general consensus of everyone's opinion of where the game is now vs CD a month ago when I dropped off the radar. Anyone happy with the changes being made or is it all still doom and gloom?

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Hey all, back to see if battle royale is out yet, and to get a general consensus of everyone's opinion of where the game is now vs CD a month ago when I dropped off the radar. Anyone happy with the changes being made or is it all still doom and gloom?

The "changes" so far have mostly been fixing shit that was broken at launch. They are still ignoring most things, stupid stuff like squad call-ins (mentioned above) and class balance are completely brushed over and they've yet to do a thing about the plethora of cheaters on PC; they don't even communicate about that stuff. The game is packed with idiotic decisions, most of which have literally been done better in previous games but somehow have been deleted for BFV. It's very, very hard not to be negative. IMO the best thing about the game is the gun play, but I don't even trust that really, because it could just be because I destroy people as assault with a 3x semi-auto rifle all the time.

There's a new roadmap this month supposedly, with a new map as well. The problem is even with a new map, this BF still has the least number of 'em this far post release, and in my opinion there aren't many maps atm that I'd consider good so I don't have much faith.

Personally, I've mostly moved on to Apex or The Division 2. I don't really see Firestorm changing that, either.

Oct 27, 2017

DICE:
giphy.gif

The story of BFV so far: let's deploy this buggy mess and see what happens. The reaction times are as terrible as they were with BF1: one month to fix respawn eye-rape, 6+ (and still counting) weeks to fix the reverse tank bug.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The "changes" so far have mostly been fixing shit that was broken at launch. They are still ignoring most things, stupid stuff like squad call-ins (mentioned above) and class balance are completely brushed over and they've yet to do a thing about the plethora of cheaters on PC; they don't even communicate about that stuff. The game is packed with idiotic decisions, most of which have literally been done better in previous games but somehow have been deleted for BFV. It's very, very hard not to be negative. IMO the best thing about the game is the gun play, but I don't even trust that really, because it could just be because I destroy people as assault with a 3x semi-auto rifle all the time.

There's a new roadmap this month supposedly, with a new map as well. The problem is even with a new map, this BF still has the least number of 'em this far post release, and in my opinion there aren't many maps atm that I'd consider good so I don't have much faith.

Personally, I've mostly moved on to Apex or The Division 2. I don't really see Firestorm changing that, either.

This is how I feel atm. I haven't played since I posted that screenshot a page back. The new road map is supposed to be this week and that's what I'm most interested in. If it's detailed and the game looks to be going in a better direction, I'll stick with it. However, if it's another vague road map, I'll probably be out. I don't really care about Firestorm, I'll give it a shot, but it's not something I'm really excited about or play BF for. There are a ton of high quality and complete games out there atm, so I'd rather spend my time with those rather than this early access BF we got.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Behemoths always felt like punishment for doing too well.

Except for the Dreadnaught. That felt like punishment for both sides.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't in the 35-ish level, don't bother. It is a treadmill: you have to do weekly assignments to generate a lot of the Chapter XP.
I was up to level 36 last week, having done the vast majority of the weekly missions through February and march...but I just stopped. The level requirements got REALLY high, like 110k per level, and the weekly missions were hard for me (arm or disarm 4 times).

With only 2 weeks left, the missions were less than 1 level per week and grinding the rest was looking like too much.

Tldr, the exponential curve got me!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
DICE need an entire team working on some kind of algorithm based on bomber/jet location relative to spawn points because if I spawn right on top of a bomber's bombing run one more fucking time I'm going to throw my computer off the balcony.

Oct 27, 2017
I was up to level 36 last week, having done the vast majority of the weekly missions through February and march...but I just stopped. The level requirements got REALLY high, like 110k per level, and the weekly missions were hard for me (arm or disarm 4 times).

With only 2 weeks left, the missions were less than 1 level per week and grinding the rest was looking like too much.

Tldr, the exponential curve got me!

Actually, you have 3 days left

icon.png

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded BF1 again after barely playing 10 hours of it since it launched.

I really don't feel the guns, BFV wins hands down on that matter.
I thought BFV UI was bad but 1 is even worse. The sole advantage is the assignment that tracks by themselves.
The general athmosphere on the other hand is much better on 1, you really feel like you're in a war.
The maps are obviously more numerous but those i played today are sniper heaven (Russian maps and suez). Wich is kinda unfortunate.

But overall, i think i'll keep playing BF1 while waiting for interesting new stuff on BFV (and Firestorm is of no interest to me).

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
So, from what I'm reading, everyone has abandoned ship and the game will be dead in a month or two. Dammit, I just bought it digitally after having traded it a month or so ago. I guess at least I only paid 30 for it

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
So, from what I'm reading, everyone has abandoned ship and the game will be dead in a month or two. Dammit, I just bought it digitally after having traded it a month or so ago. I guess at least I only paid 30 for it

I don't think we have abandonned ship. It's more like we're in shore leave. :p

The game is good, it's just that the lack of new content is getting difficult after 4 months of playing it. So we need to see something else for a while.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
I don't think we have abandonned ship. It's more like we're in shore leave. :p

The game is good, it's just that the lack of new content is getting difficult after 4 months of playing it. So we need to see something else for a while.
That's good, I was afraid I'd just wasted 30 bucks on it by buying it again. I've been playing Devil May Cry V for the last week and it's awesome, so I'll stick with that until I can get some new content/updates for this.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I downloaded BF1 again after barely playing 10 hours of it since it launched.

I really don't feel the guns, BFV wins hands down on that matter.
I thought BFV UI was bad but 1 is even worse. The sole advantage is the assignment that tracks by themselves.
The general athmosphere on the other hand is much better on 1, you really feel like you're in a war.
The maps are obviously more numerous but those i played today are sniper heaven (Russian maps and suez). Wich is kinda unfortunate.

But overall, i think i'll keep playing BF1 while waiting for interesting new stuff on BFV (and Firestorm is of no interest to me).

The only thing that keeps me returning to BF1 every once in a while is the artistic direction of that game. And the use of the music. Those two things make up for a lot of stuff.

Every other thing is better than BFV. That artistic choice of BF1, that feel of being in a dream-like sequence with steps into Steampunk-WW1, is unique, while BFV goes for a more gritty (Devastation, Fjell, Narvik) and/or realistic (TS, Arras, Panzerstorm), daunting at moments, feel. The visual tone of BF1 even makes some people think it looks better. It's quite an achievement.

The music adds a lot too. Soundtrack in BFV is great but it isn't as well used as in BF1. I'd like music to kick in earlier in the match in BFV.

But the gunplay, movement and map design is far better in BFV, there arent many base rape games in here.

Naaah, that's too hyperbolic. It's true that the game needs more content, but it's not going to die that easily. We're tons of people loving the game.

But DICE does need to step up it's game. We'll see this week that roadmap, see if it brings a bit of hype though I'm all aware that no matter how good it is, there will be complaints by the millions

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah New map and hopefully a good roadmap this week. Also battle royal next week. But if this game does want to survive in the upcoming year or so, the roadmap better give people what they want.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I hope they tweak visibility some more...some camping playing Rush on Devastation and Narvik today was pretty insane...once you prone in rubble you really can't be seen...

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to leave BFV for Battlefront II if the road map doesn't appeal to me. I did all the MP trophies and just need the Campaign Trophies, which can be done pretty easily.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I hope they tweak visibility some more...some camping playing Rush on Devastation and Narvik today was pretty insane...once you prone in rubble you really can't be seen...
I don't have problems with Devastation campers anymore, I raise the brightness to 65, the map is dark so players blend in with the rubble, with my brightness that high the map actually looks more natural and enemies are easier to spot..if you playing Rush once it switches to Narvik turn the brightness back to default if you don't want to go blind lol..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Err, so does that new Mosquito plane have a giant cannon that can quickly take down opposing air with a nice lined up shot or two? Much like the anti-tank canon on BF1 planes?

Because that's sure been fun so far.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Err, so does that new Mosquito plane have a giant cannon that can quickly take down opposing air with a nice lined up shot or two? Much like the anti-tank canon on BF1 planes?

The new mosquito, i don't know. But the new JU have been promoted showing a big ass anti-tank cannon attached under it's hull. I suppose it should do massive damage if you manage to hit a plane with that.

But i don't use vehicules, so i'll probably never see this in action.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017

Last 2 time I played a plane I got oneshooted by one of those fucker. Not touching planes again until that change.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
The new mosquito, i don't know. But the new JU have been promoted showing a big ass anti-tank cannon attached under it's hull. I suppose it should do massive damage if you manage to hit a plane with that.

But i don't use vehicules, so i'll probably never see this in action.
I've never gotten into a plane , so not interested at all.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Yes, the Stuka B-2 and new Mosquito/Ju 88 all have the ability to destroy any aircraft in a few hits.

The Stuka B-2 shoots the fastest, but does the least amount of damage per hit. You can destroy an aircraft in about 3-4 hits.
The Mosquito is probably the best, it has a lower RoF than the Stuka B-2, but it can two shot an aircraft.
The Ju 88 is probably the worst. Its damage is similar to the Mosquito but it has a lower RoF.

So, Mosquito>Stuka B-2>Ju 88.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The mosquito wrecked every single tank I had in Panzerstorm. Never felt that frustration in a vehicle before, I'll have to start using AA tanks again

By the way, do we know when the Firestorm embargo lifts?

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm going to invest my time in Division 2 for a while. It's fantastic.

Deserter!

The mosquito wrecked every single tank I had in Panzerstorm. Never felt that frustration in a vehicle before, I'll have to start using AA tanks again

By the way, do we know when the Firestorm embargo lifts?

21st, I am 84% sure.

With these tank-hunter bombers, the AA tank + one positioned Flak cannon should be a way to go. We need a map like Panzerstorm, but WITHOUT AIRPLANES. Nobody wants to sit in the AA tank, scaring planes away while avoiding tank destroyers on the horizon. + we need shark vehicle paintjobs, tank tops, spec-ops masks, skirts and long hair.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Deserter!

21st, I am 84% sure.

With these tank-hunter bombers, the AA tank + one positioned Flak cannon should be a way to go. We need a map like Panzerstorm, but WITHOUT AIRPLANES. Nobody wants to sit in the AA tank, scaring planes away while avoiding tank destroyers on the horizon. + we need shark vehicle paintjobs, tank tops, spec-ops masks, skirts and long hair.
Lol I've got 200 hours into BFV. I need a little break.

Oct 26, 2017
youtubers are going to upload their gameplay this week, but we don't know when
I hadn't noticed that the 25th was a Monday, the impression that I got from watching the trailer reveal stream was that they'd show it on the next shitty stream in a week, and then I figured the 25th was a week after that. But yeah it seems like the YouTube shills weren't allowed to say when they can upload their footage so.... ehhh....

I did actually have a lot of fun playing BFV last night. I got on the not shitty teams for the most part. 99 times out of 100 when someone revives me with basically no ammo left I curse my teammate's name.... but 1 out of 100 you get a Battlefield Moment (tm):

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Hey man. I'm still playing on the regular. Just started God of War so I'm not playing as much but I'm still having fun with it. Definitely hopeful that Firestorm brings some much needed freshness

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hadn't noticed that the 25th was a Monday, the impression that I got from watching the trailer reveal stream was that they'd show it on the next shitty stream in a week, and then I figured the 25th was a week after that. But yeah it seems like the YouTube shills weren't allowed to say when they can upload their footage so.... ehhh....
Footage goes up the 21st from what I've seen/heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.