• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
The empty Armory seem to be a bug. For the paid content, they might be waiting for the next patch to implement them ? Hopefully ?

Oct 27, 2017
The empty Armory seem to be a bug. For the paid content, they might be waiting for the next patch to implement them ? Hopefully ?

What is more likely?
• Lackluster communication with the playerbase
• Lackluster implementation of the in-game store

I mean free because that mode is struggling as well

Two kinds of struggling:
• Struggling to compete with Fortnite/Apex for the multi-million BR audience
• Struggling to find the audience for the optimal play experience

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Blackout has been out for six months and now it's only suffering because of Apex. Firestorm has been out a fucking week and it's DoA.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing Firestone and blackout it's useless because both games have two completely different type of situation.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
After reading the kotaku article about anthem... it kinda explains the bug ridden BF launches and the lack of content.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I played a few rounds of Fire Storm over the weekend. It was my first time playing a Battle Royale game/mode. Half the time I felt I was racing to get to the next circle and not doing much other than that. Although, to be fair, I always go for the edge of the map to start off.

Do the rest of the BR games have a two minute timer?

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I played a few rounds of Fire Storm over the weekend. It was my first time playing a Battle Royale game/mode. Half the time I felt I was racing to get to the next circle and not doing much other than that. Although, to be fair, I always go for the edge of the map to start off.

Do the rest of the BR games have a two minute timer?

They're all roughly the same. Firestorm feels most in line with the other non-PUBG BRs in that you can pretty much outrun the Storm always. PUBG's storm moves a little quicker than the player plus you have to cover a lot more ground with the bigger maps, so that game has a different feel, IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
With every day passing, I am still surprised how DICE can manage to delay microtransactions 3 times, refuse to share any information AND still use microtransaction content in their promotional materials. In the weekly walls of symbols which have 0 meaning, nobody even acknowledges issues, keeps pretending that the game is doing fine and here are our community highlights...

Do they have a microwave as a community manager? The lack of communication is damaging the brand, and no doubt it will affect the next BF perception.

On the positive note, Firestorm did have an impact on the charts. The game has pushed like 7 positions forward.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With every day passing, I am still surprised how DICE can manage to delay microtransactions 3 times, refuse to share any information AND still use microtransaction content in their promotional materials. In the weekly walls of symbols which have 0 meaning, nobody even acknowledges issues, keeps pretending that the game is doing fine and here are our community highlights...

Do they have a microwave as a community manager? The lack of communication is damaging the brand, and no doubt it will affect the next BF perception.

On the positive note, Firestorm did have an impact on the charts. The game has pushed like 7 positions forward.
They do have a community manager that's active(?) on reddit. But yeah the lack of info is annoying. Besides "soon". I would drop some money on MT.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Starting on April 4, we are introducing Battlefield Currency, which is purchased with real-world money.

The balanced rock-paper-scissors gameplay that has always been the foundation of the Battlefield series isn't going anywhere. Player skill will continue to be paramount with the addition of Battlefield Currency, which gives players more ways to acquire items to customize their characters and arsenal in Battlefield™ V.

Let's break down Battlefield Currency, how to obtain it, and what you can get to help make a soldier that reflects the way you play and how you want to look.

What is Battlefield Currency?
There are two types of in-game currency: Company Coin is earned through gameplay (you can read more about Company Coin and progression in our previous article), and now Battlefield Currency, purchased with real-world money.

How Do I Purchase Battlefield Currency?
From the Battlefield V main menu, go to either My Company, or the Armory, or any offer featured in the game menus. From there, press the "Get Battlefield Currency" option and then select and buy one of the quantities available. When the transaction is successful, Battlefield Currency will be immediately added to your Battlefield Currency balance. You can see your Battlefield Currency balance in the upper right of the screen alongside your Company Coin balance.

Battlefield Currency can also be purchased in first-party stores for your preferred platform.

What Can I Use Battlefield Currency to Get?
Inside the Armory, Battlefield Currency can be used to acquire:

• Cosmetic customization items
  • Elite sets
  • Time savers
Elite sets and time savers will not be available on April 4 but will arrive later in Battlefield V.

Cosmetic Items
Today, you can get cosmetic items of all rarity levels through direct progression, such as Chapter Rewards or Career, Class, and Weapon Ranks. You can also get other Common, Uncommon, and Rare items through Company Coins.

Starting April 4, using Battlefield Currency, you'll get access to new Epic items. You'll also be able to get a number of cosmetic items already available through Company Coin.

Looking ahead, we will continue to release new cosmetic items that can be obtained through direct progression, Company Coins, and/or Battlefield Currency. We want to give every player a chance to access new cosmetic items, whether they choose to spend real-world money or earn content through gameplay.

The Elite
Coming in Chapter 3, we'll be introducing something new to Battlefield: Elite sets that let you play as a distinct soldier in multiplayer modes, including Firestorm. Each Elite is a unique character with a name and background. They consist of a themed assortment of cosmetic items, character voice overs, a Best Squad animation, and an exclusive Special Assignment that helps bring to life the story of the Elite and unlocks a signature melee weapon.

Elites play like any other soldier and do not grant any type of gameplay advantage. We'll provide more details on our first two Elites, Seamus and Ernst, closer to their arrival.

Time Savers
Later this spring, we'll be introducing two types of time savers that can be acquired with Battlefield Currency: Tier Catch-Ups and XP Boosts.

Tier Catch-Ups unlock Chapter Reward items, providing an option for those players who don't have the time to earn all those items through gameplay.

XP Boosts accelerate the amount of experience points you earn while you play, allowing you to reach Chapter, Career, Weapon, Vehicle, or Class Rank at a faster pace.

Are There Other Ways to Use Real-World Money?
Yes. In addition to Battlefield Currency, you can use real-world money to get value bundles. These bundles are available for limited times and can contain a mix of cosmetics, currency, time savers, or other items. The contents of a bundle will always be listed so you know what you're getting before you make a purchase.

Starter packs are one example of a value bundle. Let's take a look.

Starter Pack and Premium Starter Pack
Arriving with the April 4 launch of Battlefield Currency are two ways to kick off your customization spree, the Battlefield V Starter Pack and the Battlefield V Premium Starter Pack. These packs are meant to help new players get a head start on building and customizing their Company.

The Battlefield V Starter Pack contains:

• 500 Battlefield Currency
  • Glacial – Face paint (Rare)
  • Night Owl – Weapon Skin Set (Rare) for four weapons:
    • Sturmgewehr 1-5
    • Sten
    • KE7
    • Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
The Battlefield V Premium Starter Pack contains:

• 3,500 Battlefield Currency
  • Demolisher – Axis Soldier Outfit (Epic)
  • Cool Hand Duke – Allied Soldier Outfit (Epic)
  • Skorpion – Panzer IV Vehicle Skin (Rare)
  • Icefire – Spitfire MK VA Vehicle Skin (Rare)
  • Chromed Finish – Weapon Skin Set (Rare) for four weapons:
    • Sturmgewehr 1-5
    • Sten
    • KE7
    • Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
In Battlefield V, every Chapter brings a new battlefield through additional maps, modes, challenges, and a stockpile of fresh gear. As your journey through World War 2 progresses, Battlefield Currency is intended to give you another path to get soldiers, weapons, and vehicles that look the way you want — and give you and your squad more ways to triumph through balanced rock-paper-scissors gameplay. We'll see you on the battlefield!

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See two of the 3 things that bf coin can buy are coming soon
tenor_4.gif

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I guess this is the death of the 2XP weekends that we in previous BF... but i guess also that to give any interest in buying xp boosters they need to remove the level 50 cap, which is at least a good news (I couldn't care less about packs or other paid cosmetics).

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
at last, thank you for the console players !
Improved responsiveness and accuracy of the Commo Rose and the Squad Reinforcements Rose when using a controller.

may be I will stop calling stupid things instead of V1, and even may be I will be able to do it in 1 try instead of 10...

They also disabled the saturation when regenerating health, nice.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So the last Firestorm assignment I needed was the vehicle locker and after several attempts at it that failed due to bad luck, getting killed, etc... I figured fuck this shit and I cheesed it.

Solo's, laid prone at the base of a cliff ignoring everything around me (and at least 2 kills I could have easily gotten until the firestorm was right at the vehicle locker and then unlocked it while in the Firestorm (you only need to fully open one door) as I knew no one would bother to come after me since I was inside the storm and then I just quit the round.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Bad assignments deserve cheap solutions.

Plus, its for a fucking face paint. That they posted the wrong picture for.

Oct 27, 2017
So the last Firestorm assignment I needed was the vehicle locker and after several attempts at it that failed due to bad luck, getting killed, etc... I figured fuck this shit and I cheesed it.

Solo's, laid prone at the base of a cliff ignoring everything around me (and at least 2 kills I could have easily gotten until the firestorm was right at the vehicle locker and then unlocked it while in the Firestorm (you only need to fully open one door) as I knew no one would bother to come after me since I was inside the storm and then I just quit the round.

Inspired by your bravery, I have decided to go alahu akbar to open one side of the doors for the assignment. Success, although driving a light tank in firestorm is a suicide.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
After playing a lot of H1Z1, BlackOut, and Apex. I still really like FireStorm. Only played a couple long nights of it. But the simple shooting mechanics, and destruction, great graphics and sound go a long way. But damn is there a lot of jank around the game.

Looting and inventory could be much improved
-let me just hold down a d pad button, and give me a comma rose of items, to swap out the current item. or if I am in the inventory, and have an item selected let me just use it right there without having to navigate to anther slot to swap it, then close the inventory and then use it.
-give us death box or bag to loot, or scatter the items in a larger circle like H1Z1, instead of just dropping items on top of each other when a player dies. These seems like fairly simple things to fix.

Also who thought it would be a good idea to have players UI colors not be synced. If I am red and my buddy is green on my screen, you would think he'd be green in his game and Id be red. but nope, sounds like its just random colors for the sake of being random? I haven't seen others mention this, but when talking about waypoints and colors and other teammates, we always see different colors.

Maybe I haven't played enough, but vehicles always seem like a sort of deathtrap. Rockets seem overly abundant, and engaging mostly anyone, results in getting pelted by several enemy rockets. The terrain is pretty rocky and hilly, and getting stuck in rocks, cracks or telephone pools or random indestructible objects seems to always happen, especially when you need to keep moving to outrun the storm. And once getting stuck in the storm with low visibility makes most vehicles not worth using. On top of having limited aiming angles for weapons, and terrible camera control in third person. I'm just not a fan of most vehicles in the game. Maybe I need to play more of them.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
After playing a lot of H1Z1, BlackOut, and Apex. I still really like FireStorm. Only played a couple long nights of it. But the simple shooting mechanics, and destruction, great graphics and sound go a long way. But damn is there a lot of jank around the game.

Looting and inventory could be much improved
-let me just hold down a d pad button, and give me a comma rose of items, to swap out the current item. or if I am in the inventory, and have an item selected let me just use it right there without having to navigate to anther slot to swap it, then close the inventory and then use it.
-give us death box or bag to loot, or scatter the items in a larger circle like H1Z1, instead of just dropping items on top of each other when a player dies. These seems like fairly simple things to fix.

Also who thought it would be a good idea to have players UI colors not be synced. If I am red and my buddy is green on my screen, you would think he'd be green in his game and Id be red. but nope, sounds like its just random colors for the sake of being random? I haven't seen others mention this, but when talking about waypoints and colors and other teammates, we always see different colors.

Maybe I haven't played enough, but vehicles always seem like a sort of deathtrap. Rockets seem overly abundant, and engaging mostly anyone, results in getting pelted by several enemy rockets. The terrain is pretty rocky and hilly, and getting stuck in rocks, cracks or telephone pools or random indestructible objects seems to always happen, especially when you need to keep moving to outrun the storm. And once getting stuck in the storm with low visibility makes most vehicles not worth using. On top of having limited aiming angles for weapons, and terrible camera control in third person. I'm just not a fan of most vehicles in the game. Maybe I need to play more of them.
I echo your teammate color question. If you don't know ther names, or don't have a mic, color coordination would be useful. Including color coding spotting flags.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
so I am not going crazy and the colors really aren't synced? What is the point of even having player UI colors then?
I'm almost positive they're synced.

Doesn't seem like it is, consistently at least.

I was playing squads last night with some friends, was shocked to hear an "on my red marker" callout since no-one was red for me, for two of us in the squad that player was green and for the other two including the player himself they were red.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
What's in this patch? 6.59gigs on PC...

Mostly cosmetics i suppose. It also probably contains the data for elites skins with their voices and stuff. Even if they aren't available yet.

And they are doing touchups on the Firestorm map. When they did that with Panzerstorm, the patch was huge as well. So that's probably linked too.

Oct 27, 2017
So after almost 6 months my missing class assignments (from level 10) never returned. Terrible.

True mastery isn't in the achievements, it is in your blood. The price and accomplishment cannot be measured by simple icons and rewards.

Origin updater is DUMB. I hit the BFV icon and decided to be productive for an hour. After that, I maximize Origin to this magnificent stealth popup IF I WANT TO UPDATE THE GAME, and the insult to injury is the ticked "Automatically" setting in the popup...

Lets see what is in store.

Oct 27, 2017
eRR203B.jpg

My soldier position? - doggy style.

And wow @ armory. I guess the disappointment in the variety and quality of cosmetics is canceled out by the cash-only prices...

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't understand people on reddit or even Westie crying about the fact that epic are behind a paywall. What did they expect ?? After asking for cosmetics MTX now they ask for the possibility to buy it with CC ? What would be the reaction if Dice offered the possibility to buy an epic or elite for let's say 100 or 200k CC ? " I bet it would have been "look, that's EA tactics to ask for impossible grind and push the poor gamers to spend money. It's SWBF2 all over again !!! burn Dice/EA, burn !!!!". So imagine now that they made it possible for 20 or 30k CC (or lower), then it's so easy for anyone that they won't sell any and work just for free, which obviously they don't want to.

The reality of things is that those crying now were waiting for cosmetics for free, basically, which was never a second in Dice's mind for obvious reasons (no Premium...). Whatever Dice is doing, this will never satisfy the most vocal people, they simply went to the only realistic solution for them : every cool or special cosmetics will have to be paid. Worst of all are the ones asking to "reward the most active players with the possibility to buy things with the accumulated CC". reward what ? Isn't the time they spent on the game the reward for buying it ? or they forced themselves to play countless hours without fun just in hope to get a stupid outfit that nobody will ever really notice in-game ??

I think I'm just too old for all this shit, sorry for the rant...

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand people on reddit or even Westie crying about the fact that epic are behind a paywall. What did they expect ?? After asking for cosmetics MTX now they ask for the possibility to buy it with CC ? What would be the reaction if Dice offered the possibility to buy an epic or elite for let's say 100 or 200k CC ? " I bet it would have been "look, that's EA tactics to ask for impossible grind and push the poor gamers to spend money. It's SWBF2 all over again !!! burn Dice/EA, burn !!!!". So imagine now that they made it possible for 20 or 30k CC (or lower), then it's so easy for anyone that they won't sell any and work just for free, which obviously they don't want to.

The reality of things is that those crying now were waiting for cosmetics for free, basically, which was never a second in Dice's mind for obvious reasons (no Premium...). Whatever Dice is doing, this will never satisfy the most vocal people, they simply went to the only realistic solution for them : every cool or special cosmetics will have to be paid. Worst of all are the ones asking to "reward the most active players with the possibility to buy things with the accumulated CC". reward what ? Isn't the time they spent on the game the reward for buying it ? or they forced themselves to play countless hours without fun just in hope to get a stupid outfit that nobody will ever really notice in-game ??

I think I'm just too old for all this shit, sorry for the rant...
When a game pushes cosmetics as a big part of the game and doesn't really offer anything cool for like six months and all the cool shit cost money then there's kind of a problem with that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
About the timesavers

Unlock stunning cosmetic items to make your mark on the battlefield with the Battlefield V Premium Starter Pack. The pack contains 3,500 in Battlefield Currency, which lets you purchase cosmetic customization items such as weapon skins and soldier outfits, as well as Chapter Rewards Catch-Ups near the end of the Chapter. The Premium Starter Pack also includes two Soldier Outfits of the Epic rarity, two Vehicle skins, and one Weapon skin. (Note: The Battlefield V Premium Starter Pack is a one-time-only purchase and cannot be purchased twice.)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I like some of the epic skins but i think i keep my money for some cool weapon skins but mostly for elite soldiers. Those seem cool.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Erf, as expected saving CC was useless ( still did it, just in case ), interesting sets/skin are BC only.
I was hoping all those repeatable assignments rewarding CC + daily meant we were giving the opportunity to at least very slowly, work toward them. I can't stop caring about them and spend my 150k CC on skin for weapons I never use I guess.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
"• Fixed a bug that would cause the game to hang if the player mashed all the keyboard and mouse buttons while in the key binding menu. The player that found this must have eaten too much pineapple pizza "

WHAT

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
When a game pushes cosmetics as a big part of the game and doesn't really offer anything cool for like six months and all the cool shit cost money then there's kind of a problem with that.

Sorry but i don't see any link between "pushing cosmetics" and "cool shit cost money [which is] a problem". It was quite clear, at least for me, that they removed premium not for the beauty of the gesture, but because they thought that cosmetics would bring money to sustain future DLC. Obviously, if it brings money, then cosmetics have to be behind a paywall. So where's the surprise ? I think that everybody was happy with that (remember ? "don't split the community !")

Do you really think that they would remove premium, would offer cosmetics for free and then bring maps, weapons... like a premium pass but without the fee, just with the front 60$ you paid ? Is it the 6 months without anything the problem ? Would it be better if they made the same move on day one ?
there's no free lunch, no premium without paying for it (one way or another), no gaas without monetization.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but i don't see any link between "pushing cosmetics" and "cool shit cost money [which is] a problem". It was quite clear, at least for me, that they removed premium not for the beauty of the gesture, but because they thought that cosmetics would bring money to sustain future DLC. Obviously, if it brings money, then cosmetics have to be behind a paywall. So where's the surprise ? I think that everybody was happy with that (remember ? "don't split the community !")

Do you really think that they would remove premium, would offer cosmetics for free and then bring maps, weapons... like a premium pass but without the fee, just with the front 60$ you paid ? Is it the 6 months without anything the problem ? Would it be better if they made the same move on day one ?
there's no free lunch, no premium without paying for it (one way or another), no gaas without monetization.
? I think by its very nature when you add something like soldier customability to your game you should allow players to have the ability to get cool shit without paying. And if we're talking about the removable a premium for Early Access I mean game at service that's a different issue entirely because so far this game has failed at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.