• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As anyone tested performance of RTX after they implemented higher number of rays in this patch? I assume it runs worse now due to that.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
@Heromanz :
Cool things are what people want and (some) are ready to pay for. if you make it free, why anyone would pay for it ? this is basic business and video games business isn't different from any other. Except that gamers are the champions of outrage and vociferation. Try to do the same thing next time you buy a car or a tv or a phone, pretty sure that whatever you do the rep isn't going to sell you their full option model for the same price than the cheapest same model with 0 option... Of course nobody is doing that because it's easy to understand that the high end model needs much more parts and work than the low end. But why nobody seems to understand that in gaming ? (because it's virtual so it "obviously" just costs nothing to build ?)

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty bad if you compare what you can now for $60 compared to what premium got you.

People would bitch, but even if they cost of epics didn't scale as with boins, at least you'd have access.

Oct 27, 2017
@Heromanz :
Cool things are what people want and (some) are ready to pay for. if you make it free, why anyone would pay for it ? this is basic business and video games business isn't different from any other. Except that gamers are the champions of outrage and vociferation. Try to do the same thing next time you buy a car or a tv or a phone, pretty sure that whatever you do the rep isn't going to sell you their full option model for the same price than the cheapest same model with 0 option... Of course nobody is doing that because it's easy to understand that the high end model needs much more parts and work than the low end. But why nobody seems to understand that in gaming ? (because it's virtual so it "obviously" just costs nothing to build ?)

1. Why compare games to cars? Compare games to games. There are ways to acquire skins in OW, GTA, Division, Fallout 76 and even League of Legends. We can criticize BFV for having the business model which is worse than those.

2. More elaborate skins always cost more, people know that. Nobody goes to complain about how legendary OW or ultimate LOL skins should cost the same as the cheapest ones.

3. DICE made this graphic showcasing how good their business model was at launch:
hm96f06us8q21.jpg

4. People have stacks of useless Company Coin with only the most boring things to buy. There will be no long-term progression goals which will reduce engagement.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm not too fussed about them, the cosmetics that need boins don't look too special and we always knew there would need to be a way for EA to make money.

The problem I do have is that it's hard to imagine many people throwing cash at them and without that happening new maps will likely not increase in frequency. WW2 cosmetics really was a terrible idea.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Some of the outfits are pretty cool, but with a lack to buy them with CC even if they were pricey like 30k for an outfit would have went a long way.

Also I'm pretty sure that Jackal set was supposed to be based off a concept art they had and it looks... nothing like it. I'll probably take a break from the game for a while now until new guns/maps come out, and they fix the absolute trash rewards you get from Firestorm.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I like those Sandstorm weapon skins.

Firestorm has been a lot of fun so far. It certainly seems like it's drawn new players over to the other modes, too, because my matches last night were a series of dying to people camping in completely random places.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Starting to see more hackers in Firestorm, just now i got killed while in the firestorm, i am exactly 70meters from clearing the storm and I was sniped from outside the firestorm by a level 3 player with a green Lee enfield lol and no way to report....

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

Of course he did not. It's Pint. He's a little troll.

But yeah, overall, it seems a bit unfair that things you can buy would also be unlockable later for free. And also that the outfit prices are the same regardless of the number of items or if you aerady have one of the item unlocked (like with the head piece for final countdown that most of us probably already own).

BTW, i caved in and bought the premium thingy. It's not really worth it. Chrome finish weapon skins where already obtainable before (and already looked ugly). The vehicules skins are boring. The Cool Hand Duke outfit is just a variation of the Wild One outfit with a weird head gear (by the way, both outfits are variations of the Wanderer outfit we had for ages) and while the Demolisher outfit is decent, it seems like it's just refurbished allied clothes put on a German soldier and the torso is not available for the girls. Wich is unfortunate. But we also get a bunch of boins so there's that.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017

But yeah, overall, it seems a bit unfair that things you can buy would also be unlockable later for free. And also that the outfit prices are the same regardless of the number of items or if you aerady have one of the item unlocked (like with the head piece for final countdown that most of us probably already own).

BTW, i caved in and bought the premium thingy. It's not really worth it. Chrome finish weapon skins where already obtainable before (and already looked ugly). The vehicules skins are boring. The Cool Hand Duke outfit is just a variation of the Wild One outfit with a weird head gear (by the way, both outfits are variations of the Wanderer outfit we had for ages) and while the Demolisher outfit is decent, it seems like it's just refurbished allied clothes put on a German soldier and the torso is not available for the girls. Wich is unfortunate. But we also get a bunch of boins so there's that.

I would be much more down to buy boins if we had at least a few new maps. I don't count Panzerstorm as new and Firestorm was announced way before it came out so theres practically been no new maps since release. I doubt we'll get more than 5 maps in 2 years if Battlefront is anything to go by... It's such a shame because the potential is limitless but playing the same maps over and over is infuriatingly dull and for some reason they have small maps releasing in a few months as well. The design for this game is all over the place.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just now reinstalled the game, and went into Firestorm.

Can you guess what happened?

Timer to join a game timed out at 5mins lol.

lol.

edit: even CONQUEST takes this long to find a game???? (PC) over a minute on the quick find option wtf

First game I play is a draw just because the timer ran out, what the fuck is that?

Second attempt at Firestorm is another 5min time out.

Second attempt at quick find Conquest also failed.

Was finally able to join another Conquest game, but Firestorm has failed 4 times already...

edit #2: another Firestorm queue timeout, I can't even play this mode... I've tried over and over and it always fails at 5 minutes and 3 seconds.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
By the way, i'd love for them to finally fix the finicky revives.

I've got killed so many times trying to revive someone because of it refusing to trigger. When it happens you are forced to find te correct position or something for it to accept to work and it usually mean you stood in the open for too long and a bullet then find you in the middle of the animation.

I mean, if you see the revive prompt and press the correct button, it should trigger immediately. Not recquiring you to fiddle around the body until it finally accept to work.

Playing a medic actually trying to revive people can be a nightmare sometimes because of that...

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Actually it was 299.94, so you have to forgive me the 6 cents. And I would've bought more, but my local mom&pop was all out of PSN cards and my wife had hidden the credit card (which she had every right to after I used it the last time to buy 2900€ worth of FIFA coins), so lucky for me ☺️

That's Mr. Pint to you buster. And it's big, not little 😠

Oct 27, 2017
Actually it was 299.94, so you have to forgive me the 6 cents. And I would've bought more, but my local mom&pop was all out of PSN cards and my wife had hidden the credit card (which she had every right to after I used it the last time to buy 2900€ worth of FIFA coins), so lucky for me ☺️

That's Mr. Pint to you buster. And it's big, not little 😠

€300 isn't so bad considering that I have spent €4000 on the Garden Warfare 2 packs.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I hate the changes to gunplay they introduced. I am losing so many encounters I used to win. This is garbage:

"Changed the way camera recoil works. When firing, weapons are allowed to go a bit more off center now. The true point of aim will follow the weapon and is not fixed to the screen center. "

"Changed the way SMG and assault rifle dispersion increases while firing in ADS. The second, third, and sometimes fourthshots(for low rate-of-fire weapons) are now more predictable while later shots are less predictable. Also shortened the time it takes for dispersion to decrease when no longer firing. This means short bursts are a bit more effective, while long bursts or mag dumps are a bit less effective "

SMG's in particular are way less effective again. And I regularly miss shots because my barrel isn't center screen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The gunplay is still great in this game, only problem I found is that visibility is still garbage.

I tested this so many times just going prone and watching enemies run past me near an objective. It's crazy that they still haven't fixed that.

I hope I can get into a Firestorm game tonight, cause last night was bullshit, timed out 5 times. They should make it so the queue can run up much longer than 5 minutes before timing out.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I want that Jackal skin ;_;

EDIT: So we're pretty confident that both Americans and Japanese will be added in the next chapter or two?

Oct 27, 2017
300 grenade damage in Firestorm?
5 melee kills in Firestorm?

Who is the dumbass making these tasks? I am sick of the bullshit assignments that:
• Ineffective during the normal gameplay
• Will lead to many deaths when pursuing them
• Requires 10s of games to pull off
• Aren't even entertaining or amusing

Oct 28, 2017
Don't do them? Every multiplayer game with challenge lists is full of nonsense ones to make you waste time and extend playtime.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Don't do them? Every multiplayer game with challenge lists is full of nonsense ones to make you waste time and extend playtime.

They put all the progression behind these shitty challenges unfortnuately. Especially the "do it in one life challenges". Theres a lot of shit in the game you simply wont have access to because you're not doing this hyper-specific shit. Paying to skip stuff didn't seem all that insidious in past games because you'd eventually would get it over time, but not here.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I personally don't like how we have all these players not playing properly (by "properly" I mean doing their best to win) just so they can complete challenges. I can skip the challenges myself but that doesn't stop them from still hurting the quality of gameplay.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
On the bright side I now know I can have final fantasy 14 and battlefield 5 firestorm running at the same time on my computer.

I had to find something to spend my time when you die during the first minute of gameplay, then wait for your friend to finish his round. aka : god do I hate the lack of revive options in firestorm

Oct 27, 2017

That kind of response can be used to anything because it bypasses the problem. Even though it is fun to shit on BFV, most people in here still play it or are interested in it. Improving assignments and creating a system where players enjoy doing them should be a priority. How about assignments which encourage a correct play: a long-range sniper kills, a close-range SMG, MG suppression, placing mines, hitting vehicle criticals, pinging enemies, paradrop within 100m of your squadmates, stay within 100m for 5 minutes etc. Nope, lets have 5 melee kills in the mode where melee shouldn't be used in the first place.

The downed state in Firestorm is stupid. It feels like when you have a drunk Drake or Witcher sequence, where the camera just sways and the game doesn't expect you to do anything but observe. I doubt anyone will ever retaliate from the downed state, it is just frustrating. The animations aren't even implemented....

Last edited:
OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want that Jackal skin ;_;

EDIT: So we're pretty confident that both Americans and Japanese will be added in the next chapter or two?
Seems so. The dude who datamined it, did previous datamined and what was mention did happen in game. So far, his track recorded is legit. Of course theres always a chance he could be wrong.

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Mining seems to comfirm what we pretty much knew from the new road map, that chapter 5 ( Fall, which in Dice term usually mean mid December ) "Awakening the giant" will be about the Americans and Japanese.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol DICE messed up and release the commando carbine and LS/26 for a short time frame. Its been patch already but some people bought those weapons.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
Starting to see more hackers in Firestorm, just now i got killed while in the firestorm, i am exactly 70meters from clearing the storm and I was sniped from outside the firestorm by a level 3 player with a green Lee enfield lol and no way to report....
yeah got sniped too with a level 1 rifle from out of nowhere. guy had 10 kills and he only carried the rifle around. didnt even bother picking up other stuff.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Now that I've been playing Firestorm with headphones and gotten more rounds in, I'm really enjoying it. I just wish i could find more semi auto rifles with scopes, I'm so used to that from regular gameplay I need it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.