• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
yeah got sniped too with a level 1 rifle from out of nowhere. guy had 10 kills and he only carried the rifle around. didnt even bother picking up other stuff.
Literally just happen to me again this time in reverse, same green sniper rifle, hacking fuck was about 40meters in the firestorm, i am about 20meters outside the storm fighting a squad, I had full heavy armor was dead in 2 shots, and once again i can't report the player, hackers can do whatever they want, sheeeesh Dice get your shit together.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Never really gave the Drilling a fair chance, because I always thought it was a bit of a novelty gun, but after using it for a couple of matches it's giving me serious Martini Henry vibes on the secondary firing mode.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm liking Firestorm more than Apex Legends at this point. Probably a combination of the art style and gunplay. Apex is a bit too cartoony for my tastes. It also feels like the circle moves pretty fast in Firestorm so games don't drag on too long. That was always my biggest complaint with a game like PUBG.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So uhm... did DICE really just started to hide the Ping number on screen?

I jumped into Firestorm and didn't see the 130+ ping that I always complained about since it indicated that we in South America didn't have servers for it. I said yas! we finally have servers! Played and felt a bit weird with some shots.

All right, never mind, so I went looking for a Grand Operation match. No SA players there so I went into a 137 ping NA server and surprise, no ping indicator on screen either. You have to bring to scoreboard to see that indeed I was in 137+ ping.

So what the fuck DICE, that's the equivalent of throwing your dirt under the carpet. You thought no one would notice ? How will I know if I should stay in a server when I've had 200+ ping matches in Firestorm?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe grand op is still so broken. You win all matches. Then Conquest happens you are winning by 400 tickets yet the time runs out because its a not a full server.
Then for some reason it ends in a draw and Final Stand happens. And if you lose that you lose the whole operation. Its freaking bs.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Cant believe grand op is still so broken. You win all matches. Then Conquest happens you are winning by 400 tickets yet the time runs out because its a not a full server.
Then for some reason it ends in a draw and Final Stand happens. And if you lose that you lose the whole operation. Its freaking bs.

It's because there is too much leavers. Each time a round is a bit too much one sided, half of the losing team leaves during the round. Leading to this kind of things. And the more you lose, the more they leave.

But the worse for me is when you are on the top squad of the winning team during the first two rounds and get switched for the third. Thanks Dice ! I indeed worked really hard to lose this match...

Leavers are a big problem on this type of games. Like in Frontlines where there's only 16 players on each side : the moment one guy leaves because the team dared to get pushed back from a point, it's a downward spiral because you're in inferiority and you can bet your ass you'll get pushed back again and a few others will leave as well, worsening the problem where you end up trying to defend the objective at 8 versus 16 or 15. It's frustrating to no end.

I don't mind losing matches normally. But when it's because you get switched to the losing team at the last moment or because your teammates refuse to commit to anything, that's another story.

Stop leaving guys ! Please !

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I always leave when the teams are stacked..
BF1 auto balance after each round, in BF1 i would find a server and play with friends for 2 hours straight on that server, BFV lol.
Another damn feature Dice has to add...

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
BFV autobalance after each round too. Maybe not when you select a specific server on the server browser (dunno, i never use that) but on the quick match playlists, it's autobalancing after each round as well. But since there's so much leavers, it fucks everything.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So uhm... did DICE really just started to hide the Ping number on screen?

They're definitely still there for me. Australia here.

Firestorm is a mixed bag, latency wise. At the moment the probability of joining a solo match with less than 200 ping seems impossible. Not sure if it's a technical issue, AU solo servers are dead, or they're just so clogged up that I always land in an international server. Either way, ping averages for solo AU are 200 - 350, no exceptions. Squad is a different matter entirely; either I'll get 160 - 250 ping, or I'll land in a local match. And you can feel it. No lag on picking up items, no movement stuttering, satisfying hit detection. The 160 - 250 ping matches are a mess like solo, and I suspect also international servers.

So yeah, I don't know. Battle Royale games all have this issue (PUBG is still more or less fucked in this regard for Australia), but the entire process of matchmaking and queuing needs to be completely overhauled for this genre. Clearer communication of what I'm connecting to, why I can't join immediately (like if I'm waiting to connect to a full server or in process game), and strict region locking options.

It makes me sad because it was fine at launch. First 24 hours were solid as hell. Now solo Firestorm is impossible and unplayable. Squad is a gamble. And I have no idea what the exact issue is or what's being done to resolve it.

This is what stopped me playing PUBG, mind you. For at least 6 months AU servers were fucked, and wait times were literally like....15 minutes per match. No thanks.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I almost never quit, even if it's obviously stacked. Last nigh though, all but 3 or 4 of my team on Frontlines decided that they would take up tactical positions either behind or way off to the side of the objective at the first two flags and let the opposing team simply roll over us. There's no point even attempting to carry that sort of team.

I think the shift from flags to m-coms in that mode actually causes poorer players a lot of problems, having a line of sight on to one of those isn't nearly as useful as the other.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From what i have seen last week, it seem to be relatively quick. I've never entered an empty lobby for instance. It's the lobby that takes a long ass time to launch the actual game once it's full. The matchmaking in itself seem to be rather fast.
Took me over 2 or 3 mins when I first tried on ps4. I cancel and restated and found a match right away. Soo

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to find people on PS4 to play Firestorm with? Do I join the platoon or what?

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
They're definitely still there for me. Australia here.

Firestorm is a mixed bag, latency wise. At the moment the probability of joining a solo match with less than 200 ping seems impossible. Not sure if it's a technical issue, AU solo servers are dead, or they're just so clogged up that I always land in an international server. Either way, ping averages for solo AU are 200 - 350, no exceptions. Squad is a different matter entirely; either I'll get 160 - 250 ping, or I'll land in a local match. And you can feel it. No lag on picking up items, no movement stuttering, satisfying hit detection. The 160 - 250 ping matches are a mess like solo, and I suspect also international servers.

So yeah, I don't know. Battle Royale games all have this issue (PUBG is still more or less fucked in this regard for Australia), but the entire process of matchmaking and queuing needs to be completely overhauled for this genre. Clearer communication of what I'm connecting to, why I can't join immediately (like if I'm waiting to connect to a full server or in process game), and strict region locking options.

It makes me sad because it was fine at launch. First 24 hours were solid as hell. Now solo Firestorm is impossible and unplayable. Squad is a gamble. And I have no idea what the exact issue is or what's being done to resolve it.

This is what stopped me playing PUBG, mind you. For at least 6 months AU servers were fucked, and wait times were literally like....15 minutes per match. No thanks.

So it's probably a South American thing, ot something is hiding it in my game

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
BFV autobalance after each round too. Maybe not when you select a specific server on the server browser (dunno, i never use that) but on the quick match playlists, it's autobalancing after each round as well. But since there's so much leavers, it fucks everything.
Game doesn't have auto balance, switching sides isn't auto balance, example... if the previous round you were Axis the current round you now Allied and the entire team is moved to Allied it's not randomly scrambled like in BF1, also if it did have a auto balance it would be fixing stuff like 27-8, and to make matters worse it will auto fill up the side with 27 players then look to added more players to side with 8 players, i have seen this shit many times, maybe they have added an auto balance with the Firestorm updates that i don't know off, but then again i have seen after the round 26vs16 2 days ago, went from Twisted Steel to Rottingdam..

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Game doesn't have auto balance, switching sides isn't auto balance, example... if the previous round you were Axis the current round you now Allied and the entire team is moved to Allied it's not randomly scrambled like in BF1, also if it did have a auto balance it would be fixing stuff like 27-8, and to make matters worse it will auto fill up the side with 27 players then look to added more players to side with 8 players, i have seen this shit many times, maybe they have added an auto balance with the Firestorm updates that i don't know off, but then again i have seen after the round 26vs16 2 days ago, went from Twisted Steel to Rottingdam..

Well, i don't know... All i know is in Grand Ops, best squads of the currently winning team are often switched sides between rounds of the same match. Like on a successfull defense on Day 1 Narvik, the best German Squad would be Switched to the British side for the Day 2. And if the Germans are still winning after that, the best German Squad "left" would then be switched for the Conquest round on Fjell of Day 3. It might only happen if there's room on the losing side to fit the squad to be switched but it's still looking like a auto balance to me.

Granted : i haven't played on a Conquest playlist since a good 2 months. So i don't know what happens there.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Finally had a win with a superb squad last night on Firestorm. Had 4 kills, three of them while gunner in the Tank.

When it works, Firestorm is super fun. But it does kind of suck when you die early and have to watch the match. The bleeding phase shouldn't be like it is

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any tips om how to inflict 1000 damage, the last thing to do in the strong Survivor? Map, mode?

It takes FOREVER, makes me want to throw My controller in to the tv....

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really need to find specific people to play Firestorm with.

Logged in today hoping to get the last few assignments to finish the ToW (already have all the non-firestorm ones complete so I have the skin) but after a few attempts with randoms, I just can't be bothered.

Not a big fan of solo's either.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to find specific people to play Firestorm with.

Logged in today hoping to get the last few assignments to finish the ToW (already have all the non-firestorm ones complete so I have the skin) but after a few attempts with randoms, I just can't be bothered.

Not a big fan of solo's either.
You on PS4?

On a similar note, anyone on PS4 playing Firestorm, please post or PM your PSN ID. I'm looking for a squad to play with.

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's (except for DICE employees) reaction to the assignments for the dogshit coop mode:
1zfifo.jpg

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... I'm not looking for theses weeks. As i'm not looking at all for tomorrow's new assignments...

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
We heard the feedback from the previous chapter, and for this chapter we've tried to provide at least 2 paths towards progressing towards the weekly reward.
One based on the theme of that week, and the other for those players that are not interested in playing that particular theme.

For example, in Weeks 1 and 2, while they were focused on Firestorm in general, progression paths via Domination and Team DeathMatch were also available.
We would like to keep this choice going forward, as we understand that not everyone is a fan of every of our features, and options are always good. :)

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When will dice learn that no one wants competitive Battlefield it will never be popular. It is a lost cause.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It's hard for me to fathom, but I think the big streamers are more important than reviews now. They probably have to follow those trends.

This new mode does sound like incursions though, which didn't seem to get any traction at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it's sunk by a load of the incredibly uninterested in winning community being pushed on to it at launch to unlock something.

Bring back Squad Conquest, it worked.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's hard for me to fathom, but I think the big streamers are more important than reviews now. They probably have to follow those trends.
For sure. It's such a sweet gig for the top streamers these days. A report said EA paid Ninja $1M to play Apex Legends when it launched, and they likely paid other streamers too. They get paid indirectly by Epic too. The top channels are the most likely to get clicked on at Twitch, and each click is another ad. Then when new content drops, they get paid again.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Man I really wish armor worked like it did in Apex in Firestorm. Let me pick up an enemy vest from a dead body and let me have full amour refresh. Fuck realism and all that.

Lost a solo victory as I was out armor in a 1v3 and after killing 1 of the enemies. I couldn't tell in his loot pile if he had plates or not. His loot was up against a house all stacked on top of each other. I knew where the 3rd was and he knew where I was and I lost the firefight because of this.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's cute that you think these people ever existed.

OT-The scorched earth of Russian farmland would actually make for a good GO setting. It doesn't just have to be Stalingrad. I hope we're getting a Karkhov map later, everyone wants all tanks!

yeah, I'm here, but I stopped treating this as a World War 2 game a long time ago, which is sad but fuck it

didn't you mean the Kursk map though? Kharkov had 4 battles, all of them urban though since it is a city

Status
Not open for further replies.