• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh, right. Fuck PC players

I most certainly will not.

giphy.gif

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Speaking of historical accuracy, I've already mentioned this in this topic, but this shit still baffles me every time.

As a German soldier, in Airborne maps, you jump out of an Allied plane, filled with Allied soldiers, an Allied officer helps you stand up and pats you on the back.

How the fuck this made it up to release, and so many months after, this is still a thing :(

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of historical accuracy, I've already mentioned this in this topic, but this shit still baffles me every time.

As a German soldier, in Airborne maps, you jump out of an Allied plane, filled with Allied soldiers, an Allied officer helps you stand up and pats you on the back.

How the fuck this made it up to release, and so many months after, this is still a thing :(
The German soldier had to bum a ride off the Allies' plane as he was late to the battlefield.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK

You are the reason why we don't have any new maps. /s

If you read back through the thread there's a tweet from Dice saying they didn't have the resources to make the German equivalent assets and drop animations, and it was either that or maps. the community voted for the plane. it's in Firestorm so will likely be patched in soon.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

One of the devs didn't feel like the ju52 was a "high" priority. They actually had a vote to see if it's worth adding. Anyways the ju52 is in game for firestorm currently.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, if you want historical accuracy, then weapons should be locked to their respective armies. No one wants that, we just want to have fun.

Historical accuracy, that's what Post Scriptum is for.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really wish armor worked like it did in Apex in Firestorm. Let me pick up an enemy vest from a dead body and let me have full amour refresh. Fuck realism and all that.

Lost a solo victory as I was out armor in a 1v3 and after killing 1 of the enemies. I couldn't tell in his loot pile if he had plates or not. His loot was up against a house all stacked on top of each other. I knew where the 3rd was and he knew where I was and I lost the firefight because of this.
Totally agree with your point about the armor. Really frustrating to pick up armor from a body and then fumble around in the loot pile looking for plates.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if you want historical accuracy, then weapons should be locked to their respective armies. No one wants that, we just want to have fun.
Speak for yourself. It would provide an opportunity for asymmetric design. And it would let you deduce when you've been flanked by weapon sound. The original COD and BF games were better for it IMO.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Speak for yourself. It would provide an opportunity for asymmetric design. And it would let you deduce when you've been flanked by weapon sound. The original COD and BF games were better for it IMO.

Although I would like to see more historical accuracy myself, I'm ok with different factions having the same weapons. And you can hear the different factions banter in their respective languages, so that in combination with the minimap/footstep should give you a good idea who's near you.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019

One thing is historical accuracy, another is historical realism.

You break any immersion with shit like that. And by the way British used German weapons and vice versa. In some case tanks as well.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

I actually use stens/brens etc. only when playing British and vice versa, mp40s, mgs34/43, stg44 are only used by me when playing Germans

But I'm weird that way

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
10mins trying to find a match in Firestorm(solo), i gave up, i usually get 1 or 2 things completed before i leave on a Thursday, not today...first task is to make it to top 32 in Firestorm, after that you can take the top line and finish this week's assignment in anymode, the middle and bottom lines is all Firestorm...

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So since the new Nvidia driver with DXR support for Pascal dropped today I figured I'd try that out.

It looks amazing.

It runs like crap.

I mean, it's exactly what they said it would run like so I'm not mad/surprised but damn, I wish I had a card capable of keeping that above 60FPS but I'm not replacing this 1080Ti until at least the next generation of cards hit. The 20 series just isn't enough of a jump.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
10mins trying to find a match in Firestorm(solo), i gave up, i usually get 1 or 2 things completed before i leave on a Thursday, not today...first task is to make it to top 32 in Firestorm, after that you can take the top line and finish this week's assignment in anymode, the middle and bottom lines is all Firestorm...

Yesterday I played a couple of matches but after that it went into 3:30+ mins of wait for solo, to then not find any match

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Why are they talking about duos like it's some kind of mad science experiment that might fuck up the perfect balance of their solos and squads?
As someone who mostly had to play as duo with a friend in squad match because firestorm matchmaking is shit, I can only wonder.

I mean the only thing which is clearly balanced around squad is vehicules a( nd the way you unlock them in those bunker ), yet we still have solo ( which I can only guess was not originaly in their plan either ).

Just give us Duo.... and the bright thing to do would have been to do it before the ToW actually make us play other game modes... ffs.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Here is an interesting fact I learned today.

If you are dead on the respawn screen and your squad kills a bunch of people with the V-1 it doesn't count towards the ToW assignment.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to me that the lack of season pass was supposed to help keep the userbase from splintering but that's exactly what seems to happen with the rapid shuffling of game modes. Already hearing people complain of long wait times for Firestorm solos since duos was introduced today.

Oct 29, 2017
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I hope you like limited game modes because FOUR MORE have been datamined

DICE is at a real low point for me at this point. Too many idiotic decisions made in the past few years, I can hardly consider them a good developer anymore.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, what's with all the limited time game modes? Nobody was requesting that. It's possible to do a GaaS without it, I'm sure.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Is it something Rainbow 6 does?

I can't tell if they've forgotten the previous games where a lot of those modes died quickly or if it's because they died that we're cycling through them. I'm guessing they are easier to make than new maps.

Oct 26, 2017
Is it something Rainbow 6 does?
Sort of but not really. From memory, the first special event they did was Outbreak about a year ago. Keep in mind that was over 2 years after release. Outbreak was kind of like Combined Arms, if they made actual maps for the mode, and put in actual story elements. It wasn't particularly good, think discount Left for Dead. But it brought a spike in players, so from a business perspective it was probably pretty successful. Then around Halloween they did a special version of the House map where they put some Halloween crap in it, limited character selection all with special Halloween skins and.. it was super underwhelming.

Then leading up the R6 Invitational this year they had a weekend playlist that had pick/ban and you would do all your attacks then all your defense rounds instead of alternating (just like Pro League). It was pretty successful. I think it served as a test bed for if people would accept pick and ban for regular ranked mode.

Finally they just had an April Fool's event which... much like the Halloween event, reskinned a map (Plane) with limited operator selection and made it Hostage only. Unlike the Halloween attempt though, they went all out, reskinned it with a My Little Pony type theme, revoiced the announcer, made the hostage into a guy in a bear suit named Mr. Bear. Even though it was not at all my thing, I have to admit it was pretty hilarious for one or two rounds.

All the events had limited time RNG loot boxes where you got one for free, and then could earn another (or in the case of Invitationals it was like 3 or 4) by playing the game. But if you wanted all the shit it was going to cost you money.

Also recently they added a newcomer playlist with limited map selection, bomb only, to help ease players into the game as it has gotten more complex over the years with new operators and maps.

What they did with House/Plane is actually kind of smart, as far as limited operator selection and modes. The game has some fun maps that aren't in ranked mode, and are more and more broken as new operators make small/linear maps impossible to play competitively. I think a casual playlist where each of those maps gets a curated experience might be fun. Limit the operators and mode per map to give it decent balance between attack and defense.

But no, at no point have they done anything as confusing and scatterbrained with their modes as BFV.

What they did do in that first year, is they had a commitment to put out a new map every 3 months, with 2 new operators as well. They had broken matchmaking, little to no anti-cheat, and every new season update would break things, and lots of times also re-break things that had previously been fixed. It was a total shit-show.

In the second year of content they canceled the Polish map, made a season called "Operation Health" and did a lot of good work to fix the game's major problems. It took them a couple of more seasons to really get everything in a good spot. If the core gameplay wasn't so good I don't know if it would have made it. But Ubi has a track record supporting stuff like For Honor, so maybe it was always going to get fixed, I don't know.

BFV is nowhere near as fresh or engaging as Siege was. They don't have another year to fix it. Actually with Firestorm being a flop I think that might already be game over.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be very sad if they bring back Titan Mode/Carrier Assault to the game and make it limited time only.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
After tonight I can say :
- Duo make Firestorm so much better when you only play with 1 friend like me, as expected. . . this better stay.
- fuck putting reviving and picking up weapon on the same keybinding ( is there a way to change that ? didn't find it ), didn't get a top 1 because it picked a weapon on the ground with no ammo while I wanted to revive my friend.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Netcode lately has been feeling like i am playing BF3 all sorts of homing bullets killing me after i was behind cover...by LOW PING PLAYERS...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Play another BF game then play this game and you realize how piss poor the sound is, BF1 your footsteps sounds perfect, BFV Dice moved the character's ears to their knees so the footsteps are loud, someone at Dice please play your older games, from the poor visuals to horrible sound and you wonder why players Camp in this game..

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Played BFV for the first time in months and i see these awesome outfits but they are behind a paywall??? With no option to unlock it otherwise? My god EA.....

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I really really enjoy Firestorm.

Yep, It's growing on me. I only have one issue.

In South America we went from playing in 140+ ping servers, to have NONE. You can't play Solo or Duos, you just can't find a match. Just like that. Squads works fine, and it's super fun, but every player I've played with has the same issue. We can only play in squad mode.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, It's growing on me. I only have one issue.

In South America we went from playing in 140+ ping servers, to have NONE. You can't play Solo or Duos, you just can't find a match. Just like that. Squads works fine, and it's super fun, but every player I've played with has the same issue. We can only play in squad mode.
Not having a season pass was going to keep the player base from fragmenting, though, right?

/s

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, Criterion is already gone. Firestorm is junk. The gunplay is still solid, the map is ok if a little bland, the actual Firestorm looks cool though not sure blocking vision both ways at the threshold was a great design choice. But just about everything else sucks.

Partying up and staying partied between games sucks.
Wait time between games sucks.
The initial parachute/dropping mechanics suck.
The looting sucks.
The inventory menu sucks.
The health/armor system sucks.
The weapon/upgrade system sucks.
The tanks suck to play as, and suck to play against.

Blackout's new Alcatraz clusterfuck mode is by itself better than Firestorm. Sure, it's incredibly stupid and random but at least it's fun, and brings something a little different to the table.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, Criterion is out? So Firestorm will receive a couple more token updates and then be done with, I assume. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.