• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Done with the game.

I think all of us were way too generous and wishful, that perhaps, something good will come out of it if we just give it some time. Nothing will come out of it. Even the reverse tank bug got the laziest fix ever: you can still wiggle with it. The visuals are nice, and the gunplay is good, however, that is not enough to make up for that marginal or no improvements for over 6 months:

• UI
• Assignments
• New content
• Cosmetics (the shop with two extra gas masks is trash)
• Matchmaking
• Anti-cheat
• Player communication/teamplay

Good luck to the one who still believes that the game is going somewhere.

Last edited:

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Done with the game.

I think all of us were way too generous and wishful, that perhaps, something good will come out of it if we just give it some time. Nothing will come out of it. Even the reverse tank bug got the laziest fix ever: you can still wiggle with it. The visuals are nice, and the gunplay is good, however, that is not enough to make up for that marginal or no improvements for over 6 months:

• UI
• Assignments
• New content
• Matchmaking
• Anti-cheat

It's kinda crazy, isn't it. I remember thinking that BF1's support was pretty absymal. Map packs were slow in releasing, bug fixes took forever. That game looks like perfection now compared to BFV, though. And it's got way, way more content too. Not sure what happened to the team on BFV. I wonder if many of them have been moved off the game completely, despite whatever the rumblings were about tons of people working on it currently.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
OMG Squad Conquest!! Finally the best mode makes a return.
Please be permanent...

Man this freeze a second bug in Firestorm on the Pro is getting annoying... it's the only fundamental issue i have with that mode.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
w9hohvrqzes21.jpg

LOL so its pretty much done. EA and their GaaS support. Laughable

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Managed to get a new highest kill streak today of 28. Maybe not as good as some but it felt great. Helped that I put some sector artillery down on a flag and then hit it with 3 rockets and 2 grenades.

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting close uninstalling, i like the game, gun play is fun but sheeeesh outside of gunplay everything SUCKS, it's the reverse BF1, everything about BF1 is great but the gunplay..

I used to think that you were paranoid about cheaters, but playing the firestorm with 1/3 matches seeing the white-outlines of others, or playing Conquest with 50/0 "experts"... maybe the problem is bigger than I thought. The reason I played Conquest is because of the 5-kills of airstrikes achievement, which is bullshit, however, it is the only non-Firestorm path towards the shitty skin.

I watched some youtuber's BF4 re-examination, and the bullshit assignments were a problem in that game. So this shit isn't from BF1 (kill 2 planes with a fucking MG in one round which took me over 2 hours), this spans 5 years back. "We appreciate your feedback" MY ASS.

I am going to play Anno as a chill simulation game on low difficulty ;)

Jan 4, 2018
Done with the game.

• UI
• Assignments
• New content
• Matchmaking
• Anti-cheat

The severe lack of maps and factions is killing my interest in the game. Tides of War is such a disappointment. I refuse to wait 1 year after launch to be able to play USA and Japan in a WW2 game (let alone USSR or iconic battles from 1944 and 1945...).

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I am getting close uninstalling, i like the game, gun play is fun but sheeeesh outside of gunplay everything SUCKS, it's the reverse BF1, everything about BF1 is great but the gunplay..

I'm thinking about reinstalling 1, it's good to see there's a peak ~ 10k on the PC daily. I never knew what the gripe was with 1's gunplay, it felt great to me. Haven't played 5 yet, so I have no frame of reference.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I'm thinking about reinstalling 1, it's good to see there's a peak ~ 10k on the PC daily. I never knew what the gripe was with 1's gunplay, it felt great to me. Haven't played 5 yet, so I have no frame of reference.
I still have friends who play BF1, i have one friend playing BFV, in BF1 we have a full 5 man squad we usually play weekends...played some BF1 on Sunday man the sound is perfect in that game, footsteps don't sound like the shit we got in BFV..

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Done with the game.

• UI
• Assignments
• New content
• Matchmaking
• Anti-cheat

I am on a break from the game currently. But yeah. It's a shame.

edit:
nlev1of5fjs21.jpg

Last edited:

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
The severe lack of maps and factions is killing my interest in the game. Tides of War is such a disappointment. I refuse to wait 1 year after launch to be able to play USA and Japan in a WW2 game (let alone USSR or iconic battles from 1944 and 1945...).

Maps are killing me. I really love the game, but the map and weapon variety is so poor.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

I was excited at first based on conception, but in execution Tides of War is tragically awful. Through mediocre, uninspired objectives that at best are forgettable and effortless, and at worst gatekept behind specific game modes and convoluted objectives, DICE has bottlenecked new content progression through the illusion of rewarding engagement and for not much of worth.

I get what they were trying to accomplish with the shift to games-as-a-service design, and I know that it's a complicated thing to execute, but Tides of War doesn't work. Does anybody actually look forward to or care about the objectives each week? I've seen nobody speak fondly of any particular milestone or objective. They're workman-like chores, that when spoken of are more as a frustration in bottlenecking play into a particular game mode or seemingly unachievable milestone. The weekly rewards are the only thing to be excited about, and so far they've been new guns and whatever which are very welcome but hardly an incentive to keep fuelling play.

I think that's the reality of Battlefield V. I play it and keep playing it because there's enough I like about the game that the basic act of play is rewarding in of itself. But there's no anticipation or excitement from me on the road to new content, because an overwhelming majority of it doesn't interest me and the means of accessing it has been handled poorly.

Premium was a significantly better, more reliable, and exciting form of content delivery. I get the change, but it's absolutely made for a lesser post-launch experience in every single way.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assignments were the worst / most annoying content in the older Battlefields for me. I can't believe they made most of the "content" and progression in this game a series of very annoying assignments every week.

To make things worse, I bet that they look at the engagement numbers and see a lot of people do ToW and their takeaway from that is that people love that stuff rofl, and not that people feel forced to do them.

BF4 at this point had 3 map packs out, tons of new weapons, tons of new gadgets, new permanent modes, and yes I could still find games for any of the maps of all the DLC.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe i'm in the minority, but i never gave a shit about assignments or ToW stuff.
W/L ratio is the only thing that interests me.. that's why i mostly stick to the same weaponry, once i found my jam i stay with it. I play all classes and all vehicles/planes though.
Still have to win a Firestorm match, damn several times it was really close.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i'm in the minority, but i never gave a shit about assignments or ToW stuff.
W/L ratio is the only thing that interests me.. that's why i mostly stick to the same weaponry, once i found my jam i stay with it. I play all classes and all vehicles/planes though.
Still have to win a Firestorm match, damn several times it was really close.

Even if you don't care about assignments, which includes both weekly and chapter progressions, it affects you. The cost of upgrading weapons is also behind assignments...

When you play the game, a ton of the people will do assignments, which goes against the competitive mentality. They, including me, aren't playing to win, they are playing to complete assignments.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
BC3 and new generation next fall? Rumors ?

Frankly I dont think BC3 will be the "same" as BC2.

Welp another nail in the coffin for BFV.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I do feel like I'm chasing assignments in this far more than I ever was in the earlier games.
Same here. It's borderline obsession. I think it's because certain maps/situations make them viable so you have to both be vigilant for opportunities and then spam that opportunity lest the game end faster than you expect.

I managed to gild the tommy gun last night because I got a game of frontlines on devastation with fairly even teams, and it still took me 20+ min in game.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST

I don't know if I would buy it after what's happened with BFV, even if it got a bunch of hype, and that is unfortunate because BF has always been that shooter above the rest for me, but I am just not interested in the direction DICE/EA is moving toward with the franchise. Feel like I lost a buddy.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Finally could play solos yesterday but got wrecked. I suck ass in this mode solo, even with good weapons. I threw an artillery attack, got the armor, shoot with the M1A1 and the Sten, landed hits, and it still killed me. WTF

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what it is about Firestorm but I'm kinda addicted, in spite of the bugs and quirks. Couldn't go to sleep last night because I just kept playing over matches in my head 😳

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia

I hope it's not legit. BFV is quite simply a disaster. I don't want BC3 (right now). I want them to fix BFV.

DICE needs to put Battlefield on a short hiatus for a few years - think Assassin's Creed. Rushing these games out every two years is really starting to damage the IP.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I hope it's not legit. BFV is quite simply a disaster. I don't want BC3 (right now). I want them to fix BFV.

DICE needs to put Battlefield on a short hiatus for a few years - think Assassin's Creed. Rushing these games out every two years is really starting to damage the IP.
I think EA might feel that they can put out a Bad Company game from another studio and treat it like Battlefield is on hiatus. They then return with another numbered game in a couple of years and hope people are hyped.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Having fun in firestorm on random squads but could use some play with the same people for a few rounds.

Any ps4 players out there? Please add me if you can PSN : supercrap . On for an hour or 2 around 10-12 PM PST

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I rather dice fix and solve the issues with bfv.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah, it's sad how much potential BF V has, even as a GaaS with an evolving war, but they blew it

Oct 26, 2017

I do want a modern BF to launch with the next console gen. I would want them to fix BFV as well but at this point the former would probably be more important than the latter.

I don't know what to think at this point. They kind of had a good idea of integrating the various BF games together with that top level UI to switch between games. Maybe a proper GaaS next-gen release of Battlefield looks more like I don't know, Halo MCC, where all the games are really under the same roof so to speak.

It sure feels like this is the first generational switch where companies are going to have to move their games over. It's not like 2013 when you could give a limited time upgrade discount on COD: Ghosts and call it a day. I'm expecting purchases to cross over 100%, and live service games like Siege, PUBG, and Rocket League to receive timely native Xbox4/PS5 versions. BFV definitely feels like a game that's just going to be discarded with the new gen. Which makes me even less interested in giving it another chance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/be9gvu/welcome_to_grind/

Every seconds spent in the Grind mod for ToW will destroy part of my soul.
I swear, their GaaS strategy seems to be letting an intern come up with a pointless 'new mode' that is a minor rules tweak of an existing mode at best and then making people grind it for a week. No thanks. I'm out like Criterion on this one.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm not dead set against Grind, but some of those flags already provide that sort of play on normal Conquest. I'm a little worried how it'll run on consoles as well. The netcode isn't that great as it is.

I had it in my head that it was going to be very similar to Incursions, this is wildly different.

Dec 17, 2017
So, Operation Metro - The mode. Quite literally a meat-grinder mode.
This isn't why I've liked and played the Battlefield series historically - sure, it can be pretty mindless fun for a game or two but is it battlefield?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I think i will like Grind very much.

Regular Conquest in BFV doesn't work for me and we never have any kind of proper frontlines so it's turns into a bunch of people running around in all directions. Grind seem more or less to be Squad Conquest but with much more players.

So i'll gladly try. Can't be worse than Firestorm anyway.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
yep, Grind looks like Metro/locker mode. I will certainly play it once every ten conquest match to have a bit of fun, but this won't be my go-to mode.

Pretty sure twisted steel will be absolutely awfull as the map looks basically like a corridor. The others might remind me the brainless fun i had with Close Quarters in BF3.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I'm still waiting on a fix for the blurry textures at distance that appears in the latest updates.. thank you, thank you

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
whatever they do with twisted steel, this will always be a 10m wide corridor. Even if they use a fixed (i.e. not destroyed) version of the bridge, may be with possibilities to use the upper structure, this will still be a corridor with direct line of sight from one side to the other. Pretty sure this will be a grenade/PF + sniper fest.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
whatever they do with twisted steel, this will always be a 10m wide corridor. Even if they use a fixed (i.e. not destroyed) version of the bridge, may be with possibilities to use the upper structure, this will still be a corridor with direct line of sight from one side to the other. Pretty sure this will be a grenade/PF + sniper fest.

There should still be the under bridge to sneak behind the enemy by using the ladders. We'll see. I'd wager we'll have a huge meat grinder on the bridge and smaller skirmishes under the bridge (and maybe above too).

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
This game would be so much better if it had about 2 bigger maps a little smaller than Panzerstorm and 2 medium sized maps like Arras/Rotterdam.

That and some quality of life tweaks, slightly faster base tank speed/turret rotation speed, get rid of just about every weird ass tank bug there is (idk how there is STILL tank juttering when you're aiming this far after launch).

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
There should still be the under bridge to sneak behind the enemy by using the ladders. We'll see. I'd wager we'll have a huge meat grinder on the bridge and smaller skirmishes under the bridge (and maybe above too).
The map clearly shows this is the case. It also shows that they added some cat walks under the bridge.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It might work, at least this style of map fires up a lot of the population. Most of the other modes seem to confuse people. There's far less explosive spam as well, so it shouldn't just be players standing either side of a doorway throwing grenades all game.

The downside is obviously that it could just be snipers and MMG's and no one moves, the elevated bridges seem to play that way a lot of the time anyway.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It looks incredibly dull to me but people loved the meat grinders in the previous games so it's probably a good call on their part.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It looks incredibly dull to me but people loved the meat grinders in the previous games so it's probably a good call on their part.
Yeah, my take is entirely subjective. For me this seems like the pinnacle of what I hate in some maps since bf3.

This mod, just like other mods which lives of making maps smaller would be far less disapoiting to me if it meant Conquest had more than 1 Panzerstorm-like maps (well 2 with hamada ).

Status
Not open for further replies.