• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Fortifications should be there to replace destroyed cover, not as a replacement to the entire concept of normal cover (IMO). Personally, I find building fortifications tedious (building one or two 'walls' worth of cover is fine. After that, I feel like a contractor, not a soldier). It also leaves you vulnerable, and delays assaulting other caps.

Personally, I'd like to see a new killstreak option where you can spend squad points on fully fortifying a cap.

That would be cool tho

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Fortifications should be there to replace destroyed cover, not as a replacement to the entire concept of normal cover (IMO). Personally, I find building fortifications tedious (building one or two 'walls' worth of cover is fine. After that, I feel like a contractor, not a soldier). It also leaves you vulnerable, and delays assaulting other caps.

Personally, I'd like to see a new killstreak option where you can spend squad points on fully fortifying a cap.
One thing I thought would work is to spend points to make extras available to build like more fixed guns or second level structures. So it's not instant, but still buildable by supports. I always thought its wise to leave an engineer behind at a captured point to fortify it, but the minimal stuff you build and small reward is not sufficient to warrant the effort right now.

That said, the new map is alright. Not huge but not tiny. Pretty and I really like the weather changing. I do wish the hangar and the island were part of the conquest mode, but I guess we dont have boats yet.

One thing that's a clear issue on breakthrough is the plateau once flattened. I was in a squad supporting three guys with AT Boys rifles and the one shot kill keeps everyone else off the plateau with very little way to advance. Then when we attacked it was done to us in turn. Voice communication helps, but a flat area like that with one shot kill rifle mixed in is too much. Especially since the Boys can be used to effectively demolish all cover and buildings and walls more effectively than the grenade rifle and PIAT.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it during my brief play last night. Honestly, those thicker BF1 houses were a breath of fresh air. Not conclusions yet on the quality of the CQ design, aside form my criticism of C cap.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
ToW rewards for the next two weeks...

tenor.gif

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I like the new map but oh my god I've never played a map where I so consistently choose a flag to spawn on and before even I even transition to being able to walk, am being BOMBARDED with people shooting me in multiple directions.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I had extra Bcoins so I bought Hanna. She's pretty cool. I didn't have enough for what's his face, so Phantom of the Opera will have to wait.

For future elite skins, I think they should be the final reward for ToW. You don't get both, but you have to pick one or the other. So that way, players can either just play your game a lot to grind it or just buy it, if they chose to go that route. I think that's a good middle ground. Plus you'd only get one, so if you really wanted the other, you'd have to buy it.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I had extra Bcoins so I bought Hanna. She's pretty cool. I didn't have enough for what's his face, so Phantom of the Opera will have to wait.

For future elite skins, I think they should be the final reward for ToW. You don't get both, but you have to pick one or the other. So that way, players can either just play your game a lot to grind it or just buy it, if they chose to go that route. I think that's a good middle ground. Plus you'd only get one, so if you really wanted the other, you'd have to buy it.
I bought all the elite skins and quite a few weapon skins so far as well. It's fun.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

The only issue with that is I imagine the people that play the most are also the people that are the most likely to buy the skins. Sounds like a less than ideal business decision. Would be great for the players but they gotta make money too!

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

That, and I don't know why you wouldn't put the SP characters. I mean, most aren't all that great, but it would be recognizable.

Plus, everyone would buy Peter Muller

Oct 29, 2017
Load into a match. All of my class icons are black, I cant spawn, and I cant change any of my weapons or edit any of my classes. Load another match, cant spawn on my teammates.

DICE is by far the least competent AAA studio. Baffling.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So hows the new map?

Played a round. It's an extremely small map with all tanks/aircraft available and very close capture points. High terrain dominates the south run from B/C/D, while a series of buildings and beachfront take A/E. The time between the closer capture points is literally a handful of seconds. It's like they were going for a breakthrough/frontlines style rush map where there's a perpetual sense of chaos. As players learn the map it could be fun, but 32v32 with aircraft and tanks is going to be...madness. I suspect it might have a similar problem to Arras where if it were two/three times the size but the same conceptual layout it'd be ten times the map it is. We'll see.

1c3kr1.jpg

2kejku.jpg
Words like mediocre and lukewarm come to mind.
If this is what they come up with after 7 months.....

giphy.gif

oh :(

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Even though I started playing again, I find myself not playing that much, even with the new map. The progression in this game is so poor. You can't tell the difference between a level 50 that has 20 hours compared to one that has 300 hours. The dog tags are underwhelming and so are the golden weapons. There is zero incentive to play atm. Well, Forerunner, you should be playing because you enjoy the game and not for a carrot on a stick! True, but there are plenty of other games I can play that fit both of these criteria. ToW is a poor substitute and doesn't keep me engaged.

Hopefully, we hear something about progression and levels soon.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I am conflicted with the new map.

If anything, that one of few maps, if the not the only one, in BFV where the Conquest experience actually has a sense of Frontline and where you don't have people running in circles capturing undefended points one after another. So that's cool. But on the other hand, it's a sniper fest where it's kinda hard to move more than 50m without catching a bullet in your head. Wich is much less cool.

So i like the general idea of the map, but too much snipers is too much snipers.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
When you're running tank-gunner and you see a glint from someone who can't hit a tank without a scope <3

Not sure about the new map, it feels like a new Narvik when you always have people with height advantage around you. It has more cover so it's not as bad, and it doesn't have as much visual clutter or buildings prone to falling apart. I guess I can settle for a map that's slightly better than Narvik to put that one further back in the rotation...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
QMKaP7L.jpg

Afternoon folks -

One of the standout pieces of feedback that we've received over the past six months has been that you want the ability to keep levelling your Career Rank beyond 50. So during the later part of Chapter 4: Defying the Odds, we're upping the cap to let you progress all the way to Career Rank 500.

Note: This post is numbers heavy! Don't be shy to ask questions in the comments and I'll do my best to answer. We're in active development of the feature now and so take the below as a first look at the work that we've done so far.

PROMOTED

For every 50 ranks that you gain, you'll earn a Promotion, signifying your progress on the road to 500. During Ranks gained from 51 through to 100, you'll receive Company Coin, and this will repeat between each Promotion.

meP5yeV.png

At level 100 you'll be Promoted for the first time, a new Dog Tag will be delivered to your Company, plus you'll now have a shiny new Career Rank Icon for your in game scoreboard. You'll receive further Promotions at Rank 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, and finally 500.

500 RANKS

I'll list out our current thinking in terms of exact XP required to level up at the bottom of the thread, but to set the scene, the distance from Rank 50 to 51 (and the ranks that follow) won't be on the same trajectory that got you from 49 to 50.

Currently, in order for you to get from 49 to 50, you need 35,000 XP, but getting from 50 to 51 will only require 12,000 XP. This is 3x higher than when you went from Rank 0 to 1, and you'll see a similar trend as you continue on through to your first promotion at Rank 100.

FHRoG2M.jpg

Each time you get promoted, the XP Curve is reset, but made stronger, with much bigger jumps in the curve coming for the final Promotions.

V7YMxzA.jpg

AWARDS

By the time you reach Rank 500, you'll have earned close to 2 million in Company Coin, just from ranking up by playing the game. Once you reach level 500, you'll continue to earn Company Coin through Assignments, Daily Orders, and Tides of War Rewards. To help balance out the addition of Company Coin earned per rank, you will find that End of Round Company Coin awards will be switched off once the new ranks are added to the game in August.

You'll get 1500 Company Coin per Rank from 50 through till 70, and then 3000 Company Coin per Rank until you reach 100. On your Promotion, you'll receive more Company Coin, the Dog Tag, scoreboard icon, and then the cycle resets, with increases to the amount of Company Coin you receive.

slguyc1.jpg

And that's the news, this will be live during the later half of Chapter 4. I'll see if I can come back with an update on our progress at the end of June. Please do let us know what you think here on the official Battlefield Forums, Battlefield V subreddit, Twitter, Facebook, Discord.

See you at EA Play?

Freeman

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Well to be fair, I think that the map is unfinished. It has less flags than the trailer, it has placeholder music that doesn't suit the feel of it (it's Narvik music, made for a snowy map on a sunny beach day? LOL). The after round music is good though, etc.

Holy shit lol 500 levels

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully level 500 is like BF3 100 where its unique. Happy to see Rank icons also on the scoreboard.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It would be nice if it was retroactive, but I highly doubt that. They had a hard enough time figuring out the retroactive of CC. Halo: Reach did a retroactive rank gain, so I'd like to see it here too.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
That's really good news.

Thought that "later half of Chapter 4" sound painfully like a august/september release.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they raised the cap.

Looking forward to salt about dying to level 300s and such.

(shame they won't prorate our xp towards the new system because the cap was around for too long)

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Mercury, the map where spawning is not authorized. Seriously, in Conquest there's times where you can get shot the second you spawned, no matter where you spawn and this can happen several times in a row. This is so fucking frustrating.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Mercury, the map where spawning is not authorized. Seriously, in Conquest there's times where you can get shot the second you spawned, no matter where you spawn and this can happen several times in a row. This is so fucking frustrating.

Yep died twice in a row yesterday simply flag spawning and getting shot by like 5 dudes on my screen the second I spawned in.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yep died twice in a row yesterday simply flag spawning and getting shot by like 5 dudes on my screen the second I spawned in.

Trying to spawn on E is like a death wish. The devs probably thought that putting us in the house would protect us for a few seconds. But this house gets evaporated in few minutes after the start of the round. And then you just appear in a middle of a flat surface in front of 5+ snipers on the hills or in houses nearby just waiting for you to spawn in front of their rifles. Yay.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I'm now completely disillusioned by this game.

I just had 4 rounds in a row with hackers. Multiple people said they reported the same people weeks ago, yet they still managed to retain level 50 and play for months. Wall hacks, aim bots and one invisible character but visible gun hack. I no longer enjoy this game. I have tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.