• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping: Pacific trailer.

Expecting: Showing the Marita map and 5v5 mode.
Some things will never change

Well I hope for some things. Pacific Trailer, incl. new fractions. That 5vs5 mode, new map and an updated version of the roadmap. Hope DICE is planning few more maps for this year.

I feel ya'll. Some exposure on the Pacific stuff would be very, very welcome.

Just came across this:

What if we get a surprise "...and it's playable now..." Battle of Midway map during EA Play? Fits perfectly in the timeline and would be a nice appetizer for the pacific content later this year.

There's a one in a billion chance of it happening, but one can dream....

No. What you'll get is brief footage of the two new maps that are close quarters / infantry focused.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Just came across this:

What if we get a surprise "...and it's playable now..." Battle of Midway map during EA Play? Fits perfectly in the timeline and would be a nice appetizer for the pacific content later this year.

There's a one in a billion chance of it happening, but one can dream....

There is supposedly a new unknown map coming out end of June/very SoonTM called "Sand and Sea" according to the latest data mining group over on reddit.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
New Weapon Rewards (MMG & Anti-Materiel Rifle)

giphy.gif

Great, more OHK weapons and prone boys. The game needs more of them.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm late to the party here but the new map would probably be really good with like 40 players instead of 64. Maybe even 32. It is kinda not good with 64 imo.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's probably Bad Company 3. It's rumored to have been in the works for quite sometime with a 2020 release.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
There is supposedly a new unknown map coming out end of June/very SoonTM called "Sand and Sea" according to the latest data mining group over on reddit.

giphy.gif

Could this some battlefield related? Or is DICE making something realy new?

The new map rumored in the link that RNG provided is filed as "The Anvil"
"..We are forging new stuff..." 🤔

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably Bad Company 3. It's rumored to have been in the works for quite sometime with a 2020 release.

It would make sense given lackluster BFV content, but they piss so many people off if they ship a new BF 2019 Q4 or 2020 Q1. I don't want to hear anything about a new BF until this one gets at least 8 maps.

I think a full trailer + livestreams of the summer content for BFV (new modes, maps, elites, vehicles) and a more abstract trailer for the Pacific (random clips of maps, factions, vehicles, ships).

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Knowing they were heavily working on a new battlefield for a release only 2 years after bfv, while they clearly lacked the manpower and/or time to get a proper release of bfV/gaas content could probably piss me of enough to make it the first battlefield I don't buy.

I want bfv to get the content it deserve and I want the next battlefield to get a non rushed/shity release, both point mean I don't want the next battlefield to release before 2021.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing they were heavily working on a new battlefield for a release only 2 years after bfv, while they clearly lacked the manpower and/or time to get a proper release of bfV/gaas content could probably piss me of enough to make it the first battlefield I don't buy.

I want bfv to get the content it deserve and I want the next battlefield to get a non rushed/shity release, both point mean I don't want the next battlefield to release before 2021.
Thats how I feel currently. However after seeing a new trailer, I prob give in and buy BC3 day 1.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I'm too starved for a modern(er?) BF to do on anything on principle. As it is my enjoyment of past titles far outweighs any animus over BFV.

That said, EA and DICE need to come to some kind of agreement on how to handle BF development and off years. MOH and Hardline both flopped and its pretty obvious BF games are complex enough to need a 3 year development cycle, rather than two.

Or DICE needs to stop trying to re-invent the wheel with each version – BFV as an incremental upgrade from BF1 would have been fine – but that probably would have necessitated the dumping of such things like the fortification system.

Thomas

Dec 11, 2017
Sweden

Lets see what it is first before we get angry :-) Perhaps it is really good GaaS content.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah same, I'll be doing the wait-and-see approach for the next Battlefield.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018

I will definitely wait for reviews this time around and NOT preorder the deluxe editions for both consoles. I was such a fool...

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way they announce BC3 this year. It will be just like it always is, 2 years after the last game, teased in the spring, shown off at E3 and released in the fall.

I do think DICE needs more time, and with them not having anything coming out this year but BFV content hopefully Bad Company 3 development team gets the time they need to make it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Announcing a new BF would essentially kill BFV. I won't be touching it if that happens, nor the next BF. I would stop caring about this franchise

But I'm not that unoptimistic. Maybe investors and higher ups are watching a bit of money flowing now with Elites and such and will care about BFV

EDIT:

So this was found in the Practice Range

Would you like to be a "War reporter" using it as a gadget?

Last edited:

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I don't want BC3 while we'd still have one foot in current gen and the other in next gen consoles. BC3 deserves to skip a whole gen and really stress those spicy new console CPUs with crazy impressive destruction.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't want BC3 while we'd still have one foot in current gen and the other in next gen consoles. BC3 deserves to skip a whole gen and really stress those spicy new console CPUs with crazy impressive destruction.

Rumor is it's being developed for next gen and pc. It's supposed to be a launch title for the next PlayStation.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
At last they show us what we are all waiting for : MAPS

Even if one of them is simply Metro WW2 version...

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
seems like Al Sudan is the June surprise map and that Marita is for July + 2 other maps for august :

ug7owgbzej231.jpg

Love this kind of surprise content drop. Good job Dice (even if it would have been much better to have this roadmap 2 or 3 months ago)

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Sand and Sea is probably the codename for Al Sundan i'd say. And i was expecting Provence to be only for the 5v5 thingy. I'm still not sure it's not the case with this mention of close-quarter combat but we'll see...

At least we'll get Metro once again. My sweet baby.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
yep, they will certainly clear the difference between "5v5" and "CQC" during EA Play as they will show gameplay. I really hope that CQC will be more than a 5v5 mode (16v16 or the full 32v32 ?)

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
This is what we need. Also i hope the pacific theatre will come with like 4 more maps and we are good :D

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm glad it's returning, nothing screams desperation like a Metro remake, at least after they missed a golden opportunity for Metro 1914 last game.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Bloody hell, now we're going places.

Hopefully that Metro map isn't -straight- up Metro and they have actually tried doing some fixes to it's infernaly bad formula of "only 2-3 tight corridors that are gonna be clusterfucked towards one end or the other and stay there the rest of the game". I would have made the city above playable, added more tunnels to the side and maybe at least one more level of tunnels below the whole thing so that people spread out and can find more alternate routes.

Also fun to see that Al Sundan level, people have been asking if that singleplayer mission was ever gonna be a MP map some day cause it fit quite well the idea of it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So,

One map for June
One map for July
Two maps for August (I suspect one might get pushed to September.)
Metro in October
Then I'm guessing the Pacific will be in November (They stated before they want at least three maps for it to feel like a new theatre of war.)

Plus we are getting the new level cap in July or August time frame. It seems like this game is going to be great by the end of the year.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I got gifted this game a month ago and I am suprisingly loving it after being so down on it at launch for not having the US or recognizable battles.

I've been waiting for this trailer to see if I would stick with it, and hell yes I will. Can't wait for the Pacific content. Let's go Wake Island!

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
*pictures five MG42's covering every stairwell in Metro with AP mines everywhere*

The good news is people will probably actually use smoke grenades in BFV so getting past the choke points should be doable. It was so frustrating in BF3/4 being the only person running with smokes and trying to win lol. Shouldn't be the case in BFV since a lot of people use them now.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
*pictures five MG42's covering every stairwell in Metro with AP mines everywhere*

The good news is people will probably actually use smoke grenades in BFV so getting past the choke points should be doable. It was so frustrating in BF3/4 being the only person running with smokes and trying to win lol. Shouldn't be the case in BFV since a lot of people use them now.
Well smokes are pretty awesome now + no IRNV

can't wait for the dumb fucks to put an ammo resupply station near B so grenade spam can be as strong as possibile

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Weapons from the trailer:

M2 Carbine
render_thumbnail.png9C834F47-F2A0-4973-B0FC-923C00D20802Original.jpg

Ithaca 37
Ithaca_37.jpg

Suppressed M1911
M1911_supp.png

M1 Bazooka
1301226013.jpg

Welrod
9B99D83BC6034A4BECE7568DB3D4DD2A859AF36F

Breda PG
bredapg1.jpg

Madsen MG
400px-MadsenGun2.jpg

Type 99
DSC_0035__93136.1452113286.1280.1280.JPG

M1 Garand
3629.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Some of the new weapons spotted in this trailer :

I hope they will start adding more supressed weapons than just the M1911

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
After watching the trailer image by image because i'm an idiot, we never see more than 5 players at a time on screen for Provence and Lofoten. While we do see more on the 3 others.

I think they are showing all those new maps without specifying that two of them will be dedicated for small encounters and thus not for the 32v32 we want. And it kinda checks out with them being allegedly "Close quarter maps".

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is how you do a content drop. Looking forward to grinding it out in 1940s Metro 24/7 servers whenever RSP is out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.