• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, PIAT spam thanks to the massive number of crates from MMGers will make sure the grenade spam takes a back seat lol.
I mean, that's bad, but since they inexplicably can't be seen on the mini-map they'll need to find them, plus its a refill of only one a time plus no grenade. To me that's a fair middle ground.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Flares won't work inside the metro, so there might be more sneaking than in previous versions.

Trailer certainly looked good, but there are too many doubts about a lot of this stuff for me to get really excited. The current Boys fad doesn't help either.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something DICE could do that would be a bit radical but also fanservicey is that when the Pacific Content launches they rebrand the game to be Battlefield 1944.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Something DICE could do that would be a bit radical but also fanservicey is that when the Pacific Content launches they rebrand the game to be Battlefield 1944.

Wasn't Pearl Harbor in 41 ? If Dice keep trying to follow the war, wIth the Operation Mercury, we're supposedly around 1941, maybe 42 or 43 by christmas. D-Day and 1944 is not for this year for sure. So renaming the game to BF1944 would'nt make much sense i think.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
finally some maps and more factions. i agree with other posters though, i have been preordering all previous bf but i will wait for reviews on the next one. it was my go to fps but now im more excited for cod mw (i havent bought a cod game since mw 3) than for the next bf. weird times, but they fumbled this game and ive been very disappointed. i hope they turn it around.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying, if EA extended the dev cycle a year and this game released in the state and with the content it will have by its anniversary, it would've been a extremely well received. I think they give a lot of time to the whole game but it seems the time to actually make everything in the game has shrunk. GaaS is like air. Gotta let it breathe.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Wasn't Pearl Harbor in 41 ? If Dice keep trying to follow the war, wIth the Operation Mercury, we're supposedly around 1941, maybe 42 or 43 by christmas. D-Day and 1944 is not for this year for sure. So renaming the game to BF1944 would'nt make much sense i think.

We are going back in time though with returning to battle of France so not sure about following the timeline

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
We are going back in time though with returning to battle of France so not sure about following the timeline

Provence is in the south of France. The redition was signed long before the fighting could reach it. I don't think any proper battles happened in the area before late summer 1944. And i don't think the english were even part of it.

If the map is as i suspect for the 5v5 mode, it can be esily justified by some sortvof commando action of some kind that could have happened at any time.

But given that there was never any battle in Amsterdam (just the bombing) and that i highly doubt that battles ever happened in a metro station in Vienna... Yeah... Dice is evolving in some sort of alternate history world where everything is possible i guess.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So as someone who laughed at the state that this game was in when it launched I'm really intrigued by the new content rollout coming up. I might pick it up when I upgrade my PC with Ryzen. Besides maps and guns how is the game on a gameplay and technical level now as compared to launch since weren't there a bunch of issues at the time?

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So as someone who laughed at the state that this game was in when it launched I'm really intrigued by the new content rollout coming up. I might pick it up when I upgrade my PC with Ryzen. Besides maps and guns how is the game on a gameplay and technical level now as compared to launch since weren't there a bunch of issues at the time?
Not much has been improved imo. Performance is worse too for a lot of people on both console and PC.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Performance has increasingly gone down since launch. I really don't know what the issue is.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What's the 2GB patch for?

Nevermind, I found it.

Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
  • Fixed an issue with a Boys AT Rifle Specialization which would cause it to do an incorrect amount of damage.

UI/HUD/Options/Assignments/Other changes
  • Fixed an issue which made it impossible to reset Specializations.
  • Players should now properly get the assignments tied to weapon progression. Previously, players could run into issues where they were not awarded properly.
  • Firestorm - Players that leave the server will now drop their inventory on the ground.

Maps & Modes
  • Firestorm - Fixed an exploit that would let players land on the map earlier than other players.
  • Firestorm - Increased the draw distance of other players' parachutes, making it easier to see where they're heading from longer distances.

Stability
  • Improved stability of Spectator mode.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
What's the 2GB patch for?

Nevermind, I found it.

Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
  • Fixed an issue with a Boys AT Rifle Specialization which would cause it to do an incorrect amount of damage.

UI/HUD/Options/Assignments/Other changes
  • Fixed an issue which made it impossible to reset Specializations.
  • Players should now properly get the assignments tied to weapon progression. Previously, players could run into issues where they were not awarded properly.
  • Firestorm - Players that leave the server will now drop their inventory on the ground.

Maps & Modes
  • Firestorm - Fixed an exploit that would let players land on the map earlier than other players.
  • Firestorm - Increased the draw distance of other players' parachutes, making it easier to see where they're heading from longer distances.

Stability
  • Improved stability of Spectator mode.
Eeek. 2gbs for that?

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Really pumped for the some new maps - and the trailer was great. As a Xbox player in East Asia, I'm still hoping out for cross play as some point as the Xbox servers are completely dead at this point.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It was posted on Reddit, the image on the left is Iwo Jima.

k7a3lzct8k231.png

They've said there will be ways to earn them in game via things like ToW and special assignments but we've not seen nor heard anything more about that since.

The Internet will start raising hell if nothing is mentioned at EA Play.
Yes.
Apparently Epic outfits are going to be ToW awards at some point, but Elites only purchasable with boins.

Fuck. EA is really about to make me pay $10 for that creepy german dude.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Game performance dropped a lot since the last patch. I'm on a 1070 and I got a lot of frame drops randomly.
Did they fucked up ? I mean, again.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to be able to complete this Tides of War chapter I don't think, and I'm pretty disappointed about it. The only reason is because so very many challenges have been exclusively tied to Firestorm, and the mode is unplayable in Australia. I feel robbed.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish that there was an option to set all players to the default, accurate uniforms locally. It's really weird to see a dozen Phantom of the Operas running around.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Thrilled at reading that performance droped yet again. Just got a 144hz freesync monitor and was looking forward to try it with those jumps of 70 to 100 I have lol

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Really annoying that half of the ToW assignments are Firestorm ones.

Yes I know you can complete it without touching Firestorm but that's a good chunk of XP you're missing.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I'm not going to be able to complete this Tides of War chapter I don't think, and I'm pretty disappointed about it. The only reason is because so very many challenges have been exclusively tied to Firestorm, and the mode is unplayable in Australia. I feel robbed.
I just don't like the mode so I'm out. Conquest only baby. The whole BR train has passed for me.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
The concept of Battle Royale doesn't work for me because I have no interest in pulling a slot machine lever to find out whether the fight will be fair or one-sided.

Give me a BR mode where everyone starts with the same equipment (or choices of equipment) and I might like it better.

Oct 27, 2017
ha. TBF I would assume all those skins have been done. And since the community, atleast on reddit, have been wanting more realistic skins which are being done hopefully.

Lets do some simple math:

• Shaved heads
• Coats
• Helmets
• Gas masks

vs

• HAIR! Hairstyles like mohawk, buns, afros, dreds. Hairstyles for girls, optional flower for some ;)
• Facial features: beards, tattoos, scars, sunglasses.
• Civilian and non-combat clothes: leather jackets, dresses
• Bare-chest bros
• Ruined clothes: torn, burned, bloody garnments
• Old armor bits: samurai, heavy plating, helmets (older than WW1)

The current cosmetics are zzzzzzz...

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lets do some simple math:

• Shaved heads
• Coats
• Helmets
• Gas masks

vs

• HAIR! Hairstyles like mohawk, buns, afros, dreds. Hairstyles for girls, optional flower for some ;)
• Facial features: beards, tattoos, scars, sunglasses.
• Civilian and non-combat clothes: leather jackets, dresses
• Bare-chest bros
• Ruined clothes: torn, burned, bloody garnments
• Old armor bits: samurai, heavy plating, helmets (older than WW1)

The current cosmetics are zzzzzzz...
Each their own of course. Its what I notice on reddit and also what I prefer as well. Noting against the more out there cosmetics. But its just not for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Each their own of course. Its what I notice on reddit and also what I prefer as well. Noting against the more out there cosmetics. But its just not for me.

I think it would be perfect if there were plenty of things to customize the avatar for both historicalfield and fashionfield crowds. No desirable cosmetics - no mtx revenue.

The prosthetic arm (which DICE said was never even meant for the multiplayer) was silly, but hairstyles, beards, civilian jackets, tank-tops - please give me those.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Gameplay is much improved and more consistent. Vaulting works, rolling is less annoying, weapons sway more consistently, weapons are balanced better (as well as more weapon types), vehicles are fine as they've more or less been (apart from planes, which have improved a lot, though are still very disconnected from the game), visibility is improved, UI is much better etc. Never cared about the progression point system much and don't have any intrest in cosmetic items, so at least it doesn't get in the way or bother me when playing (which is the best type of "progression" system!). Pretty much every change have been clear improvements to a solid game. I have been getting stutters since the last patch which is awful, but that should be temporary.

Now is a good time to jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.