• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't really mind the cosmetics too much. My issue was they went on a gas mask frenzy for a bit. I think they got the hint though and we'll start seeing better skins.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I think it would be perfect if there were plenty of things to customize the avatar for both historicalfield and fashionfield crowds. No desirable cosmetics - no mtx revenue.

The prosthetic arm (which DICE said was never even meant for the multiplayer) was silly, but hairstyles, beards, civilian jackets, tank-tops - please give me those.

Heres the thing, the problem with BF5 wasn't to each his own. The problem was the historical buffs just straight up didn't want the other shit to exist. They don't want their immersion broken under any circumstances. In a perfect world, you should be able to have a toggle to not see those things if you don't want to, but the dual purpose of those cosmetics is to be visible to people who don't own them and entice them to buy them for themselves.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to be able to complete this Tides of War chapter I don't think, and I'm pretty disappointed about it. The only reason is because so very many challenges have been exclusively tied to Firestorm, and the mode is unplayable in Australia. I feel robbed.
You are missing soooo much fun, my friend and I ( with no duo.... yay... ) are trying to get that top 8 objective, this is what I just happened to spectate after dying top 10 :
1559854560-battlefield-v-screenshot-2019-06-06-22-53-43-53.png

3 player of 2 different squad glitching below the map...

So much fun.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I still prefer to have Final Countdown Head and Double Down Torso/Legs as my default outfit for the allies.

Oct 28, 2017
I was under the impression that the katanas, prosthesis and everything else from the original trailer were elite character skins that'll be available in the future and not individual things for standard soldiers. They fit pretty well with the current lineup.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I just got 4 free survivalist weapon skins for logging in. Apparently its a giveaway if you play this weekend.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You are missing soooo much fun, my friend and I ( with no duo.... yay... ) are trying to get that top 8 objective, this is what I just happened to spectate after dying top 10 :
1559854560-battlefield-v-screenshot-2019-06-06-22-53-43-53.png

3 player of 2 different squad glitching below the map...

So much fun.

About on par for the Battlefield experience.

I've harped on about it enough, but I'm just annoyed it was supported and I was enjoying it enough that I'd probably still play it on and off. But no, EA decided to strip Australia of Firestorm servers or something and now every single fucking match is 200+ ping.

Not being able to play is an issue in of itself. But it's worsened by the frequency of Firestorm specific assignments in Tides of War. Each chapter is shaped so that you really need to acquire a majority of assignments to reach the maximum level. With Firestorm unplayable that is now unachievable for me, unless I quit my job and grind XP through general play. I'm level 33 I think, with almost if not every non-Firestorm assignment acquired from previous weeks, this week's half complete, and only one more to go.

No surprise that EA now let you level up the chapter Tides of War ranking by paying money, though. Puts Australians in a nice cosy spot.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So my buddies and me jumped back in to try that new map out. We had fun, but our ping was crazy high for a bunch of the matches we played. We all have really good connections so it was weird that this was happening. Is the player base pretty much gone on PS4 or something?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wish they went back to the surprise TTK update that everyone hated. It was so much better than now.

giphy.gif

That was easily one of the worst things they have ever done and I'm not just talk about BF V, but the whole series. It was beyond idiotic. You just can't take all the weapons and make a blanket balance pass over them. That's not how balancing works. Their reasoning for it was even worse. Oh, new players are dying too fast.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

That was easily one of the worst things they have ever done and I'm not just talk about BF V, but the whole series. It was beyond idiotic. You just can't take all the weapons and make a blanket balance pass over them. That's not how balancing works. Their reasoning for it was even worse. Oh, new players are dying too fast.

+1 bullet for lethal damage on every weapon. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
That was easily one of the worst things they have ever done and I'm not just talk about BF V, but the whole series. It was beyond idiotic.

Battlefield Vietnam, launch. Heavy Assault kit for US with rocket launchers and super-weapons (imagine BFV assault, but only one team had them), VC forces with RPDs and traps. It was indeed hairy as hell. That will forever take the cake!

• In the initial release, the US Heavy Assault had the M60 and LAW in the same kit. This proved extremely unbalanced and the 1.1 patch both altered the sniper-like accuracy of the M60 and swapped out the LAW for the M79.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That surprise, all encompassing TTK change is one of the dumbest updates in Battlefield history. I've got no problem if people prefer bullet spongy gameplay over what Battlefield V's core offers (which was a huge change from Battlefield 1's fluffier, arcadey gunplay), but you can't apply a damage resistance buff to the entire game and expect the weapon balance to hold up. And it didn't. It became immediately obvious how fucking broken the change made the game because for all intents and purposes DICE were not building Battlefield V, in level and weapon design and balance, around the bullet resistance values the update introduced.

It also highlighted either how miserably Battlefield V had sold and/or was retaining its player base, and how reactionary DICE/EA were at trying to salvage the situation.

I've got a lot of love for Battlefield V but that decision was insultingly awful, mangled the existing balance even more than it already was, and just highlighted to me how aimless the direction of this title is.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The game would improve a lot if most guns took an extra bullet to kill but they'd need to tweak more than just the BTK to make sure it's actually balanced. The outrage that patch created all but killed the chance of them making another TTK change which stinks.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Is the damage drop-off in this game more than other? I have no strong feelings either way on TTK but I do think some of those SMGs would become bigger jokes than they already are at distance.

Its certainly worth revisiting as far as everyone being used to attrition now.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
The game would improve a lot if most guns took an extra bullet to kill but they'd need to tweak more than just the BTK to make sure it's actually balanced. The outrage that patch created all but killed the chance of them making another TTK change which stinks.
Yeah the misconception on both sides was that it would help scrubs. Hosing people is booring but with high damage weapons players aren't really punished for bad aim. Weapons in BFV are almost accurate enough to allow for skill-based gunplay where headshots matter, one more bullet would aid that, but the randomness of hip-fire and a few other things make that balance frustrating (even stronger snipers, weaker SMGs, and a few assault rifles would stay at the top as is).

A pro mod would be bliss but that's outside the realm of possibility.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
elenarie

Is DICE going to do anything about the hackers in this game? 2 blatant hackers aimbotting, 2-boxxing, wallhacking with no regards, then openly gloating about it saying "DICE and EA will do nothing" while following me and my friend to different servers when I called them out. I regret buying the special edition and I regret buying skins to support DICE. All this talk about better cheat control from BF1 to BFV and it is as bad as it has always been.

knzwxsV.jpg

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
elenarie

Is DICE going to do anything about the hackers in this game? 2 blatant hackers aimbotting, 2-boxxing, wallhacking with no regards, then openly gloating about it saying "DICE and EA will do nothing" while following me and my friend to different servers when I called them out. I regret buying the special edition and I regret buying skins to support DICE. All this talk about better cheat control from BF1 to BFV and it is as bad as it has always been.

knzwxsV.jpg
I reported that guy : https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Lord_Vile92/gamereports like two weeks ago, when you google his name you instantly find 2 youtube video showing he is a cheater dating from freaking early/mid April.

That link shows that he still play the game/isn't banned ( yet if ever ).

At this point it's pretty amazing that there isn't multiple cheater in every server we join given their freedom of action.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I reported that guy : https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Lord_Vile92/gamereports like two weeks ago, when you google his name you instantly find 2 youtube video showing he is a cheater dating from freaking early/mid April.

That link shows that he still play the game/isn't banned ( yet if ever ).

At this point it's pretty amazing that there isn't multiple cheater in every server we join given their freedom of action.

Well that is very telling. I am glad I am not the only one who has seen him hacking. Seriously, since April? How can this keep going on?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I just stopped reporting them. I don't have Origin overlay enabled because it fucks with the game and reporting them is a hassle without it. Plus everyone that I have reported is still playing. So, whatever idc anymore.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pacific Theater - Fall 2019

New Maps
  • Al Sundan - June 27th
  • Marita - July
  • Lofoten Island - TBD
  • Provance - TBD
  • Operation Underground - October
Chapter 4 includes new infantry maps coming in August August

Core gameplay updates coming

• Private Games - September
  • Max rank increased to 500 from 50 - August
  • New rank icons and dog tags

Chapter 5

Pacific theater

• New Pacific Maps
  • American and Japanese Factions added to the game
  • Iwo Jima confirmed
  • 3 maps total confirmed
  • M1 Garand finally arriving
  • New vehicles coming

Battlefield V added to EA and Origin Access
Thread

Oct 27, 2017
The E3 presentation was meh. Perhaps MS is going to have an actual Chapter 5 trailer, because so far, everything was already previously announced and detailed, so it was the kind of re-announcement.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That would be great, but it most likely won't happen... I still don't believe we will ever get naval ships in BFV

At the very least, we'll probably get carriers that you can spawn on, but that's about it. They said we are getting "boats", but that is so vague and could mean anything.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Adding playable ships just seem like a massive undertaking. They are huge with a lot of modeling, both the outside and inside. However, the big problem is the play base. How are they going to use them? You could have some troll that just rams everything and beaches them. They seem like that type of element that could easily win matches and you don't want some moron in control of it. I'd love them, but I don't trust the community.

I see them going the route of a non-playable carrier (BF 3/4) and maybe like one playable destroyer. I don't see them doing the playable carrier, battleship, destroyer, and submarine from BF 1942.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So I've played since 42 and played the alpha and beta, but didn't buy the game.

My first five rounds on EA access were all lost by at least 300 tickets. Is there no goddamn team scramble at the end of rounds? What a miserable experience. I doubt I'll keep playing.

Oct 27, 2017
Adding playable ships just seem like a massive undertaking. They are huge with a lot of modeling, both the outside and inside. However, the big problem is the play base. How are they going to use them? You could have some troll that just rams everything and beaches them. They seem like that type of element that could easily win matches and you don't want some moron in control of it. I'd love them, but I don't trust the community.

I see them going the route of a non-playable carrier (BF 3/4) and maybe like one playable destroyer. I don't see them doing the playable carrier, battleship, destroyer, and submarine from BF 1942.

At best, the interior of the battleships will be a partial cockpit. If you ever looked around in the front MG position of the halftrack, it is just a box.

Same, I think we will have small gunboats (think sea halftracks) and medium size attack ships (medium tanks). There will be carriers as spawn points, but nobody will be able to move them. Perhaps a call-in heavy ship which can siege an island, so if you call one, you better not blow your 20k squad points into a suicide.

And I am happy with this, as long as the maps aren't as crap as the ones in BF1.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just turned on BFV and got survivalist skins for sturmgewehr 1-5, MP40, KE7 and Enfield. Anyone know why?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
elenarie

I have a question if you don't mind answering.

Who are the people that go out and take photos of the locations for the maps? Are they actual map designers or is their job just specifically research? I just think it's a cool job to go to all these different locations, like Iwo Jima, and gather information about it. You can tell a lot of work goes into these maps.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
elenarie

I have a question if you don't mind answering.

Who are the people that go out and take photos of the locations for the maps? Are they actual map designers or is their job just specifically research? I just think it's a cool job to go to all these different locations, like Iwo Jima, and gather information about it. You can tell a lot of work goes into these maps.
Usually it is artists that go on location. To gather reference data. Along with the art director on the project.

That way they know best what scans are needed, what assets we need to build, and so on.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Do we know who is still working on what at this stage? Criterion got pulled from Firestorm, so we don't know who is handling that anymore. Mercury and Marita are both DICE LA, and I don't think they've mentioned who is developing any of the maps past that point. I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if DICE Sweden have moved onto Bad Company 3, and that's way further along than I thought.

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
All my friends were waiting for me to tell them BFV is good again, after a week of hackers and the devs not giving a shit about reports, I have told them it is not worth it. The money they were going to spend on BFV has now gone to Hell Let Loose. 12 lost players there. I put up a 20 minute video of blatant hackers on several discord game channels of and no one wants it there now either.
All this new content they're supposedly releasing and all I see is "New places for you to be aimbotted on".

I have defended DICE and BFV since day one, never again.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Marita just has the one way around the mountain? That seems... chokey. But the map looks fun, even though I've never agreed with areas that has a lot of houses close togehter in BFV. Like the C point of Narvik is just disgusting with people running around endlessly in tiny houses. On the other hand, it works much better in Arras that has better cover in general and not that many houses within cap zones. So here's hoping.

Al Sundan looks fantastic, can't wait!

Now if only there was a way to cut maps out of the rotation and I could skip Narvik and Aerodrome (and possibly Devastation) altogether...

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
User Warned: Lazy dev rhetoric
elenarie

knzwxsV.jpg
They will do nothing friend.
Lazy devs is what they are. Shouldn't deserve any more money from sales. A 2019 multiplayer FPS game without a anti cheat? I laugh at them

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
They will do nothing friend.
Lazy devs is what they are. Shouldn't deserve any more money from sales. A 2019 multiplayer FPS game without a anti cheat? I laugh at them
Well, you are wrong. I've said it before but the amount of false reports of cheaters in BF is staggering. Going by this thread, the in-game chat, and cheat allegations aimed at me personally I'd say DICE has their work cut out for them if they're investigating every report some hill-hugger files.

Status
Not open for further replies.