• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Well, you are wrong. I've said it before but the amount of false reports of cheaters in BF is staggering. Going by this thread, the in-game chat, and cheat allegations aimed at me personally I'd say DICE has their work cut out for them if they're investigating every report some hill-hugger files.
No, they should have a automatic anti cheat system like may others have. like them had in BF1 for example. (I think)

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
No, they should have a automatic anti cheat system like may others have. like them had in BF1 for example. (I think)
At least read the link duder. They have *gasp* the same system they've iterated on for a long time. Lazy devs isn't as much of an issue as lazy players/readers.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
elenarie

Is DICE going to do anything about the hackers in this game? 2 blatant hackers aimbotting, 2-boxxing, wallhacking with no regards, then openly gloating about it saying "DICE and EA will do nothing" while following me and my friend to different servers when I called them out. I regret buying the special edition and I regret buying skins to support DICE. All this talk about better cheat control from BF1 to BFV and it is as bad as it has always been.

knzwxsV.jpg
Had to of course take a closer look at the cited screenshot above. Seems to be a couple above average blokes with decent aim? At a quick glance nothing about their stats are irregular, including accuracy, weapon use, and headshot ratio. If you have above 20% accuracy on automatics you're going to cause a headache for the average scrub. There'd be nothing clear cut in this instance apart from they themselves leaning into probably false accusations in a pub server. Apart from score they're on or below the very human level of jackfrags, heck even I have a higher k/d than one of them. How can you be sure that they were in-fact cheating?

That lord_vile92 on the other hand has close to 99% headshot accuracy with rifles and sub 20% on everything else and is most definetly a cheater.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is the damage drop-off in this game more than other? I have no strong feelings either way on TTK but I do think some of those SMGs would become bigger jokes than they already are at distance.

Its certainly worth revisiting as far as everyone being used to attrition now.

As someone who thoroughly enjoys using SMGs, I'm still in the camp that a large part of the problem is the map design. Battlefield V's maps have minimal topographical variances, diminished cover, poor design pathing, and in particular how all of these things relate to the placement of capture points. They've gone for the open terrain sandbox-like approach and neglected to build maps with topographical complexities that force players to keep moving in order to push capture points and sight targets.

These large, open, flattish maps with poorly thought out capture point locations create a situation where ranged attackers, particularly snipers, have a tremendously wide view of multiple capture points and locations and often in 360 degrees. You can sight and begin attacking opponents from very, very far away from an enormous breadth of playspace on majority of the maps, and it's why there's an ongoing frustration with high powered rifles, assault weapons, and MMGs that can exploit range.

Aerodrome, Hamada, Narvik, and Twisted Steel have this problem. There's no sense of flow or accomplishment in moving through the maps because your potential target radius is almost always fucking everywhere from any distance.
Rotterdam survives this somewhat because of its urban nature. Devastation is about the only map that does not have this problem because it's so cluttered and twisted and most of the capture points are in interiors.
Fjell has not quite the same problem, but still favours long range entaglements on a number of capture points.
Arras had potential to be a great map as its topographical variances and asset distribution make for really interesting capture point layouts, but it's so fucking small that none of this matters as there's again no sensation or thrill in moving up and capturing points since it takes all of 5 seconds to run to the next one.
Mercury has a similar problem to Arras but its bottleneck-like layout helps change this somewhat (basically flank around the coast or it's a fight for C).
Panzerstorm is the only map that survives this problem because it's so fucking large that the spacing between capture points is inherently challenging for long range sniping. It's still a map that greatly favours long range gunplay but with this focus it works well.

I love a lot about Battlefield V but I still feel the direction was totally mangled and noncommittal to any particular vision. Like it's this weird inbetween of hardcore military sim and classic arcade Battlefield, but because it can't find a comfortable middleground you end up with this chaotic arcade mess of shooting in maps that see you getting shot from miles away at every angle, and weapon balance that hugely favours extreme rate of fight and range. Because DICE backed out on attrition the value of teamwork in a push and the threat of running out of ammunition are non-existent; you'll NEVER see a team retreat back in favour of a successful push because they need to resupply, and you'll never see a clever squad managing ammunition to burn out another team's defence. You instead end up with walls of players playing shooty shooty bang bang from miles away as the rest of us try and push through.

Sometimes I think I'm talking shit with the map design criticism, but I go back and look at the roster of maps for Battlefield 3, 4, and 1 and for most part the problems weren't anywhere near as prevalent. And 1 had the easiest sniping in the series.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I agree with a lot of your points and would only add that the availability of scopes magnifies the map-issues. I also mainly run medic but I never ever put anything other than a reflex sight on a weapon. When I pick up assault-rifles from the ground like 90% of them has a 3x attached. Smokes can do a lot to shut down most snipers but you can only do so much when 3/4 classes can take pot-shots at you from almost anywhere. Narvik is by far the most frustrating map and it is my belief that it is because almost every range is suited to a 3x. A, A to B, B to D, A to C, C to D and F. If you're running anywhere apart from C-E with a SMG you'll have someone scoping in on you. It's a chore.

I do feel that Twisted Steel and Hamada are mostly OK to great, though there are areas you will avoid and sometimes the detail levels are sketchy on Twisted Steel.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Kindly piss off with this bullshit.

Sincerely,

P. S. Slasher esquire

Free speech.
You are one the reasons devs/publishers keep doing whatever they want with our money. Let's forgive them everything right? That's how they get better. Right.

At least read the link duder. They have *gasp* the same system they've iterated on for a long time. Lazy devs isn't as much of an issue as lazy players/readers.

So they have a system, but it doesn't work is that it? I remember in BF1 seeing system messages with people getting banned.
Sorry as I didn't read the link. But excuse me for paying full price for a game with so many problems, and you still want me to send them flowers. Ok

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Had to of course take a closer look at the cited screenshot above. Seems to be a couple above average blokes with decent aim? At a quick glance nothing about their stats are irregular, including accuracy, weapon use, and headshot ratio. If you have above 20% accuracy on automatics you're going to cause a headache for the average scrub. There'd be nothing clear cut in this instance apart from they themselves leaning into probably false accusations in a pub server. Apart from score they're on or below the very human level of jackfrags, heck even I have a higher k/d than one of them. How can you be sure that they were in-fact cheating?

That lord_vile92 on the other hand has close to 99% headshot accuracy with rifles and sub 20% on everything else and is most definetly a cheater.

So you were in my game where they were snapping to players, shooting to the side of them and still getting headshots? One of them walked into the library on Rotterdam, shot right, 180 snapped to a guy in the corner, then locked on and followed a guy behind a wall who was not even moving. You did not see the lock ons, you did not see the wallhacks and you did not see them OPENLY ADMITTING TO CHEATING.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
So you were in my game where they were snapping to players, shooting to the side of them and still getting headshots? One of them walked into the library on Rotterdam, shot right, 180 snapped to a guy in the corner, then locked on and followed a guy behind a wall who was not even moving. You did not see the lock ons, you did not see the wallhacks and you did not see them OPENLY ADMITTING TO CHEATING.
Well this was them... that game I think?:

... and this was you:
Maybe you had bad ping?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who thoroughly enjoys using SMGs, I'm still in the camp that a large part of the problem is the map design. Battlefield V's maps have minimal topographical variances, diminished cover, poor design pathing, and in particular how all of these things relate to the placement of capture points. They've gone for the open terrain sandbox-like approach and neglected to build maps with topographical complexities that force players to keep moving in order to push capture points and sight targets.

These large, open, flattish maps with poorly thought out capture point locations create a situation where ranged attackers, particularly snipers, have a tremendously wide view of multiple capture points and locations and often in 360 degrees. You can sight and begin attacking opponents from very, very far away from an enormous breadth of playspace on majority of the maps, and it's why there's an ongoing frustration with high powered rifles, assault weapons, and MMGs that can exploit range.

Aerodrome, Hamada, Narvik, and Twisted Steel have this problem. There's no sense of flow or accomplishment in moving through the maps because your potential target radius is almost always fucking everywhere from any distance.
Rotterdam survives this somewhat because of its urban nature. Devastation is about the only map that does not have this problem because it's so cluttered and twisted and most of the capture points are in interiors.
Fjell has not quite the same problem, but still favours long range entaglements on a number of capture points.
Arras had potential to be a great map as its topographical variances and asset distribution make for really interesting capture point layouts, but it's so fucking small that none of this matters as there's again no sensation or thrill in moving up and capturing points since it takes all of 5 seconds to run to the next one.
Mercury has a similar problem to Arras but its bottleneck-like layout helps change this somewhat (basically flank around the coast or it's a fight for C).
Panzerstorm is the only map that survives this problem because it's so fucking large that the spacing between capture points is inherently challenging for long range sniping. It's still a map that greatly favours long range gunplay but with this focus it works well.

I love a lot about Battlefield V but I still feel the direction was totally mangled and noncommittal to any particular vision. Like it's this weird inbetween of hardcore military sim and classic arcade Battlefield, but because it can't find a comfortable middleground you end up with this chaotic arcade mess of shooting in maps that see you getting shot from miles away at every angle, and weapon balance that hugely favours extreme rate of fight and range. Because DICE backed out on attrition the value of teamwork in a push and the threat of running out of ammunition are non-existent; you'll NEVER see a team retreat back in favour of a successful push because they need to resupply, and you'll never see a clever squad managing ammunition to burn out another team's defence. You instead end up with walls of players playing shooty shooty bang bang from miles away as the rest of us try and push through.

Sometimes I think I'm talking shit with the map design criticism, but I go back and look at the roster of maps for Battlefield 3, 4, and 1 and for most part the problems weren't anywhere near as prevalent. And 1 had the easiest sniping in the series.
You will get no argument from me there. This is the first game where I consistently avoid certain maps. Some of the others I'll play but I get very little enjoyment. not enough cover let alone permanent cover.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Is there a good video review on the current state of the game that isn't just an alt-right bitch fest about how DICE gave into the SJWs and ruined the series?

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll play this game so damn much if they do the pacific theater right.

Everything they've shown so far looks great in terms of future content.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If the rumors are true that Bad Company 3 is slated for Fall 2020 it'll be unveiled this time next year, does DICE really plan to support V past that point?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If the rumors are true that Bad Company 3 is slated for Fall 2020 it'll be unveiled this time next year, does DICE really plan to support V past that point?

BC 3 is supposed to be next gen. Not everyone is just going to dump their current gen consoles for the next. I see them supporting it through 2020 and 2021. Also BC has always been a spin off and not a mainline title.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Well this was them... that game I think?:

... and this was you:

Maybe you had bad ping?

You're unbelievable dude. Are you really blaming me for this? I went into spectator mode with a friend and well both watched on a round of Panzer storm. They were shooting in the air and snapping to players at 90 to 180 degree angles. Multiple people called them out on it. You do realize they can dial it back to make them not look like they're hacking for a few games? It's funny when both accounts stop at the exact same time to stare at the ground and adjust cheats.

Please explain, in great detail how a player can
1) Lock onto someone behind a wall from 100m
2) Follow their head exactly where they are going while they are bunny hopping behind said wall
3) In 0.03ms shoot that player in the head that they tracked down to the pixel every adjustment and jump they did behind said wall.
4) In what world is 15-30 ping bad? I live 20km from the server.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is the only shooter where players defend cheaters. It's really weird. Any of shooter they are humiliated.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

The title sounded very promising, but reading the article, especially the last paragraph, made me a bit less positive:

Okay. Can you share for how long you're planning to support Battlefield V still?

Gustavsson:
We haven't set up, you know, this is how long we're going to do this. We definitely have plans back on our boards back home, which we at this point don't really share with everyone yet. But there are smart people hard to look into the future of Battlefield V. But for now, we focus on the release of Chapter Four and Chapter Five. The team at DICE is 100% committed to the game.

McArthur: They're committed to it for the long haul. And right now the focus is chapter four, chapter five. But you know, with all the games we play, as long as people play it you want to keep them enjoying the game as much as you can. We'll go through Chapter Four and Chapter Five and then see where we go from there.

Right. So it will be here for a while yet.

McArthur:
I mean, that's what Lars and I hope!

That sounds to me that the suits at EA haven't yet committed to game beyond chapter 5.
But we'll see I guess, he content coming out this year is more than I hoped for anyway.

You're unbelievable dude.
lol, he's obviously messing with you, don't bite

Idk why they would take out Frontlines. I just want to play Frontlines on Mercury, not TDM. :T
Didn't they add it back in temporarily with the Mercury small mode playlist? It rotates Domination/TDM/Frontlines. Or is that already out again?

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
In case any other console players here have been frustrated with tanks/transports being uncontrollable, if you switch the vehicle control scheme to Veteran (I think) where forward and reverse are mapped to the triggers instead of the sticks, the problem goes away. On default settings, vehicles would swing wildly to the side without even touching the sticks, but now they're properly grounded. Running as a tanker is much more viable now for me.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The title sounded very promising, but reading the article, especially the last paragraph, made me a bit less positive:

That sounds to me that the suits at EA haven't yet committed to game beyond chapter 5.
But we'll see I guess, he content coming out this year is more than I hoped for anyway.

lol, he's obviously messing with you, don't bite

Didn't they add it back in temporarily with the Mercury small mode playlist? It rotates Domination/TDM/Frontlines. Or is that already out again?
true I def get where you are coming from. I just copy and paste the title :p
Deluxe is on sale for $31 right now. Worth it?
For deluxe edition? Nah it's prob better to just get the regular edition. But I think bfv is coming to the ea pass membership as well. So that's something to consider lax

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I look at it as them providing enough content that people will consider buying the next game, I don't think there's a real chance of turning this one around.

The population is already low on a few of the game modes, the UK and Ohio servers are gone, end of round balance seems impossible for some reason, Deluxe purchasers are still annoyed with what they got, PC players believe that the game is cheat infested and the new players coming in through EA and Origin Access are going to struggle to get to grips with the visibility and TTD.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I look at it as them providing enough content that people will consider buying the next game, I don't think there's a real chance of turning this one around.

The population is already low on a few of the game modes, the UK and Ohio servers are gone, end of round balance seems impossible for some reason, Deluxe purchasers are still annoyed with what they got, PC players believe that the game is cheat infested and the new players coming in through EA and Origin Access are going to struggle to get to grips with the visibility and TTD.
There isnt even a population count site like previous bf T_T

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018

Another pleasant round today, with a cheater called chris171816, 100 ping, with an amazing aimbot spraying everyone.
What an amazing experience this game provides, I'm so happy I have spent 69€ for a game that gives me this kind of joy.

No worries, he will came back tomorrow.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Marita just has the one way around the mountain? That seems... chokey. But the map looks fun, even though I've never agreed with areas that has a lot of houses close togehter in BFV. Like the C point of Narvik is just disgusting with people running around endlessly in tiny houses. On the other hand, it works much better in Arras that has better cover in general and not that many houses within cap zones. So here's hoping.

Al Sundan looks fantastic, can't wait!

Now if only there was a way to cut maps out of the rotation and I could skip Narvik and Aerodrome (and possibly Devastation) altogether...
I always select maps from the custom server list I have created. That way, I never have to play hamada or fjell thank goodness.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017

Another pleasant round today, with a cheater called chris171816, 100 ping, with an amazing aimbot spraying everyone.
What an amazing experience this game provides, I'm so happy I have spent 69€ for a game that gives me this kind of joy.

No worries, he will came back tomorrow.
43 to 8 isn't an unrealistic score. Just looks like a good round. I have rounds like that.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
They updated the Roadmap

They mention that there will be 3 Pacific Maps, including Iwo Jima, out before 2020, with at least 7 new weapons of the front before 2020, with new vehicles including boats.

bfv-towcalendarvertical-2019.jpg

This would mean that starting in October, we could have one map per month

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Of course is lot unrealistic, I can do it too, but it's not the case, guy was cheating and even his team was reporting him. And for the record that was not the finale score.
It is an exceptionally average round statistically for a good player but based on his overall stats his most recent non-firestorm game reports are a bit suspect. He's barely maintaining a 1K/D overall but now seems to be pulling double to triple that every round. Even without seeing him play I would say there's reason to suspect he might have recently acquired cheats, though if so he's not that good with them since you'll typically see scores like 90-3 when someone is blatantly aimbotting lol.

edit: What are the odds of a 1.39 KDer going 19-0 with 16 headshots with the revolver in 3 minutes and 50 seconds? Hah.

edit2: 52 STG kills, 31 headshots.

Last edited:

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Ever since the last patch I have been dying in what appears to be 1 bullet all the time. As well, I can aim at a single person, put an entire clip into them and the game will say enemy hit 120 but I don't get a kill. Its making it really hard to have fun.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ever since the last patch I have been dying in what appears to be 1 bullet all the time. As well, I can aim at a single person, put an entire clip into them and the game will say enemy hit 120 but I don't get a kill. Its making it really hard to have fun.
Yeah that's the good old TTD (time to die) bug/issue. Receiving all your damage in one packet like that really sucks. Even worse is when it happens when you have been behind cover for a half second too. The doing more than 100 damage thing I hope is just the game displaying more damage than you're actually dealing because it happens multiple times every match. I've yet to bother counting landed bullets since I've just been assuming it's a display error so I actually don't know either way though. I wonder if someone less lazy than I has done thorough tests on this.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah that's the good old TTD (time to die) bug/issue. Receiving all your damage in one packet like that really sucks. Even worse is when it happens when you have been behind cover for a half second too. The doing more than 100 damage thing I hope is just the game displaying more damage than you're actually dealing because it happens multiple times every match. I've yet to bother counting landed bullets since I've just been assuming it's a display error so I actually don't know either way though. I wonder if someone less lazy than I has done thorough tests on this.
I can understand the more the 100 damage if they manage to slip in a heal while I am reloading during certain engagements. But ya, that kind of engagement doesn't happen nearly as often as the game shows me 100+ hits.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It is an exceptionally average round statistically for a good player but based on his overall stats his most recent non-firestorm game reports are a bit suspect. He's barely maintaining a 1K/D overall but now seems to be pulling double to triple that every round. Even without seeing him play I would say there's reason to suspect he might have recently acquired cheats, though if so he's not that good with them since you'll typically see scores like 90-3 when someone is blatantly aimbotting lol.

edit: What are the odds of a 1.39 KDer going 19-0 with 16 headshots with the revolver in 3 minutes and 50 seconds? Hah.

edit2: 52 STG kills, 31 headshots.

That's what makes detecting cheaters harder in this game. One, they'll use cheats but they toggle it, so every game isn't amazing. They just look like an average player that has good matches every now and then. Two, they do a good job hiding it in game. Or three, they are so bad that when they do cheat nobody notices.

People expect cheaters to go 88-4 every game before you can report them. Most of them aren't that stupid and are going to try to cover it up in someway. To find a cheater. You need to spectate them and go through their stats because you can't base it off one match because they can just toggle.

Oct 27, 2017
That's what makes detecting cheaters harder in this game. One, they'll use cheats but they toggle it, so every game isn't amazing. They just look like an average player that has good matches every now and then. Two, they do a good job hiding it in game. Or three, they are so bad that when they do cheat nobody notices.

People expect cheaters to go 88-4 every game before you can report them. Most of them aren't that stupid and are going to try to cover it up in someway. To find a cheater. You need to spectate them and go through their stats because you can't base it off one match because they can just toggle.

This is why the game needs ant-cheat software, or another implementation capable of detecting/restricting cheating automatically. Eliminating half of the cheaters without manually spectating full games would be great. We had punkbuster taking screenshots, right? Other game anti-cheat will scan your system's processes like the antivirus software, but looking for scripting/hacking software. VAC will check against modifications to the game files and processes. There are also ways to restrict the injection hacks from accessing the in-game information. Client and server side information can restrict cheaters from being able to access data outside of their client.

If you played Firestorm while it was alive, it was pretty common to have the ghosts of other players visible because someone on the server was using the wallhack...

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Looking at his firestorm stats pretty much 100% confirms he cheats. 20 kills, 16 headshots. From a player with his scrub-ass stats. Seems legit. His headshot rate is absolutely comical in general, it's beyond that of "pros".

I can understand the more the 100 damage if they manage to slip in a heal while I am reloading during certain engagements. But ya, that kind of engagement doesn't happen nearly as often as the game shows me 100+ hits.
Yeah this is different than when people get a few points of healing in for sure. I've mag dumped FG-42's and had 180+ damage show up on enemies in the open with nobody behind them before dying to them myself. You can't heal that quick.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
This is why the game needs ant-cheat software, or another implementation capable of detecting/restricting cheating automatically. Eliminating half of the cheaters without manually spectating full games would be great. We had punkbuster taking screenshots, right? Other game anti-cheat will scan your system's processes like the antivirus software, but looking for scripting/hacking software. VAC will check against modifications to the game files and processes. There are also ways to restrict the injection hacks from accessing the in-game information. Client and server side information can restrict cheaters from being able to access data outside of their client.

If you played Firestorm while it was alive, it was pretty common to have the ghosts of other players visible because someone on the server was using the wallhack...

amen.

Another round, another cheater.

SGT-Koala

guy wasn't even trying to hide it.

Cmon all, lets give props to DICE for this. What an amazing experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.