• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
On my fourth consecutive round of landslide defeats and at least nine of the same highest scoring plus KDR enemy players, which I can directly recognise by name, are repeatedly on the opposing team. And I can guarantee round five will be exactly the same.

This game has the absolute fucking worst, most frustrating game balance ever. I'm convinced there is literally nothing going on in the back end.

EDIT: Hahaha yep! Still on the same team.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is what happens when I try to zoom in cockpit mode. I just get a black ring around the aircraft. I didn't even finish the game, I just Alt-F4. I'm so sick of this laggy and buggy game. Next week is just some face paint ToW, so I'm not going to touch it. I honestly want to play. I like this game, but I can't in the current state.

scopeju88.png

Last edited:

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Having good opponents in BFV isn't nearly as frustrating as having terrible teammates. You can ride out loss after loss with a good squad but when everyone else on your team is at neutral or less k/d (or prone and/or scout) it's time to leave. If enough players on your team leave during a map change it'll be OK next round if they are replaced with more valuable players. Not much to do if more than one competent premade is on the opposing side.

I usually have a ton of games that go on to the last ticket though but I suppose that comes down to playing on PC in europe.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone still bothering with the regular assignments?

They are so convoluted in conditions and dogshit UI equipping them that I just can't be bothered anymore. Whatever 4 are selected right now will probably stay selected forever...

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad we can pick any armour/aircraft now from the spawn menu. As it should have been at launch. Now just bring back BF1 style spawn loadout selection.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still bothering with the regular assignments?

They are so convoluted in conditions and dogshit UI equipping them that I just can't be bothered anymore. Whatever 4 are selected right now will probably stay selected forever...
I put the ToW one on. Besides that meh I just randomly pick one whenever I finish an assignment. It's so laggy going through the assignments on ps4.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I have the weird feeling they fucked with MP40 and made it shit. Dunno why but i can't do anything with it anymore...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have the weird feeling they fucked with MP40 and made it shit. Dunno why but i can't do anything with it anymore...

Ranking based off stats: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18d5DV_sfsV7QOvOmBR0crkPEPnaLjpUi3zNn2TfdZYE/edit

It's one of the worst SMG now.

Medic: SMGs are technically the best they've ever been in Battlefield. SMGs have never been this strong; BFV's SMGs have probably the best hipfire of any in the series, and have plenty good hitrate for ranged use. The problem with SMGs? BFV's maps are very poorly suited for SMGs, and their damage models do not allow them to compete at range with other weapon types.

S tier: The most viable choices.

• Medic has no S tier weapons. Sad!

A tier: Good choices.

• Suomi KP/-31: Rapid fire 1v1 nuke in ADS or hipfire with RLLR or 1vX nuke with RRRR. The best SMG in the game for doing traditional SMG things.
  • ZK 383: Use the 514RPM RRRR path for the best midrange SMG in terms of hitrate. The MP34 only outclasses the ZK if you need Quick Aim, but both guns are poor for reactionary SMG use anyways.
  • MP 34: RRRR for good 70m performance for an SMG.
  • M1928A1: Bigmag pubstomper gun which received an unnecessary hrec increase in a previous patch. Suomi does the same job, but better. The Thompson simply is slightly easier to use with less vertical recoil and a faster reload. Not much to say, go RRRR.

B tier: Decent choices.

• MAB 38: A hipfire MP 34, essentially. The lack of Quick Aim really fucking sucks for an SMG with as good ADS performance as this. RXXL is optimal - LL for the BF1 MP18 Trench analogue, RR for good ADS.
  • MP 28: Probably the best all-rounder SMG, though you're probably better off picking one of the more minmaxed SMGs in the tier above. RLLL for bigmag hipfire, as it has a unique bigmag/hipfire tree (the Thompson and Suomi get bigmag/hrec)
  • EMP: Like the MP 28, this is a usable pick but you're probably better off with something more min-maxed. RLLR for a versatile ADS/hipfire gun.

C tier: Less than optimal.

• Lanchester: Bad MP 28.
  • Patchett: Also sucks.
  • Maschinenpistole M1912.P16: Good damage output, but the reload is just too limiting in a CQB role.

D tier: Usually unviable.

• M28 con Tromboncino: Unironically the best non-Boys AT bolt action in the game, but that's not a particularly high bar.
  • Commando Carbine: Now equally viable to the M28, but still kind of garbage.

Q tier: Delete these guns from the game.

• MP 40: Can't magdump anymore. RRRR but use the ZK or MP 34 instead.
  • STEN: Genuinely just an even worse MP 40 with marginally better velocity. RRRR

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Did they do something to flak? I upgraded my AA (I don't play it a lot) to use the 44 flak cannon I think, given it's described as heavier. I was landing shot after shot on both bombers and fighters and it didn't seem to do anything of value?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They always fucking do this. Tinker and tweak and break things constantly. It's so damn annoying. Just let shit be. Just because more people are using one gun doesn't mean you need to nerf it into oblivion.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, I guess I'll have to try the suomi.

Thing is, it has always been the Suomi. Apart from the new players, you'll have have a hard time finding someone playing something else than the Suomi, the Thompson or the ZK. And it was the case since forever. If anything, the MP40 was the most used of the less used guns. Nerfing it into the ground was useless. I'll just join the horde of Suomi/ZK players (i don't feel the Thompson for some reason).

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Thing is, it has always been the Suomi. Apart from the new players, you'll have have a hard time finding someone playing something else than the Suomi, the Thompson or the ZK. And it was the case since forever. If anything, the MP40 was the most used of the less used guns. Nerfing it into the ground was useless. I'll just join the horde of Suomi/ZK players (i don't feel the Thompson for some reason).
I've just been using mainly the ZK, but I haven't tried the suomi at all. I will today and get back to you.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I was kinda expecting news on Al Sundan today. Easiest thing for them would have been to just communicate that it will take some more time, instead of saying nothing and everyone assuming it'll be quick.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
$30

giphy.gif

I'm not buying anything until they fix the performance. The game is in a horrible state and they just push out more microtransactions.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
How are you supposed to get multi kills with the new gun for ToW? Clip empties so fast you can't acquire new targets. Seems like you would have to camp a narrow choke point on devastation or something.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How are you supposed to get multi kills with the new gun for ToW? Clip empties so fast you can't acquire new targets. Seems like you would have to camp a narrow choke point on devastation or something.
Combined arms.

EDIT: It appears they may have patched this out or disabled it. There are reports on Reddit of people doing the assignment in Combined Arms but I just tried it and it wouldn't track.

Last edited:

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
The only way this could be better is if they introduced a pass bundle for the next three chapters at $60 and we could all ask why this is supposed to be better than Premium.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have no issues with them selling cosmetics, but I have issues with this for two reasons.

It cost as much, if not more than the game. BF V isn't F2P. $30 is ridiculous.
It feels scumming as fuck considering the state of the game right now. How about you fix the game then we'll worry about microtransactions.

Last edited:

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I have no issues with them selling cosmetics, but I have issues with this for two reasons.

It feels scumming as fuck considering the state of the game right now. How about you fix the game then we'll worry about microtransactions.
Well I'd like the game to stop crashing as a good first step.

Oct 27, 2017

I think EA gave DICE enough time to fix the game, 6 months before the cash shop. Somehow, the game is in a worse state than it was 3 months ago... If we break down the chapter pass, it is kind of skewed in terms of pricing averaging $10/month? Is it free with the Origin Premier?

DICE is missing a ton of employees ever since BFII, and there is no way EA is keeping the full force on BFV, so perhaps the problems are just too difficult/deep for the current team to solve. I would like to see Battle non sense do the network video on the current BFV patch.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Played some squad conquest on the new map today and goddamn it's so small! I like the area though, stairs n' slopes. Gonna be fun in the big mode!

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty good video, but it's getting quite a bit of dislikes. I don't agree with everything he wants to implement, but it would be better than what we have.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Pretty good video, but it's getting quite a bit of dislikes. I don't agree with everything he wants to implement, but it would be better than what we have.

It's just not something I'm seeing often on the xbox apart from when Grind mode was running. I doubt I've ever seen someone near the top of the scoreboard running one. The Boys was a much bigger problem, but that fad seems to have ended as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.