• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I've come to realize that the game crashes on the X every time I try to get into a game on Rotterdam.

Oct 27, 2017
I was on the ground and shot three enemies at point blank range and nothing. Ps, I'm a pretty good shot. I just hit 4.50 kd yesterday woo hoo.

Perhaps the game is working as intended, and it is your eyes who deceive you:
cross_eyed.jpg

I am tired of DICE recycling the same pre-release graphic of a german with binoculars in the desert, and the Toad from X-men movie with the tank. It is even used twice in two different achievement this week... Come on, can't you take new screenshots?

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Perhaps the game is working as intended, and it is your eyes who deceive you:
cross_eyed.jpg

I am tired of DICE recycling the same pre-release graphic of a german with binoculars in the desert, and the Toad from X-men movie with the tank. It is even used twice in two different achievement this week... Come on, can't you take new screenshots?
Lol nice.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The hotfix last night was supposed to fix hit registration. I haven't tested it yet.

Update Notes

Hello Battlefield™ V players!

This update is a smaller Hotfix which addresses a few critical issues that were introduced with the previous update.

Change list:
  • Fix for hit registration which was the most noticeable when using airplanes. Players should see improvements across the entire game, as we have learned that this was affecting all Vehicles and Infantry under certain circumstances.
  • Face paints for the Axis male soldiers are once again functional
  • Stability improvements to the game client

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did they fix the invisible bug?

No

We're still investigating potential fixes for the 'Invisible Soldier' issue that appeared with the recent updates. Originally we believed that this was caused by faulty customization options, however after extensive testing we've learned that this is a purely random occurrence that exists on the client side only, and whilst harmful to the gameplay experience, it's something that we're confident isn't something that's able to be intentionally exploited by players.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I just don't think there's an MMG problem. Yes, there's issues with people camping in rubble and using MMGs, but camping is inherently a problem with Battlefield full stop and I don't know if there's a solution without disrupting the game design and map objectives to deter camping and transforming the metagame into something Battlefield isn't known for. I think we need to be careful when we criticise metagame in games like Battlefield that we're not just complaining about a style of play that is valid, just because it annoys us and disrupts our own. It's like when people whine about classes not being about to do X or Y, when uniformity between classes is not only extremely difficult but basically makes having classes redundant. Strengths/weaknesses to loadouts, classes, and style of play is the entire point of a game like Battlefield. Players need to play to their strengths, not their weaknesses, and accept when they've been bested or haphazardly handled a situation.

With MMGs and camping the core issue is in the visual busyness and asset density of maps, visibility of players, and accuracy of the guns. All combined it creates scenarios where campers aren't so much carefully defending, as exploiting the terrain to clip through objects or remain so obscured and hidden that they have an advantage not through strategic use of game systems but exploitation. And contributing to this problem is Battlefield V's incoherent design, where it doesn't know if it wants to be an arcade run and gun shooter or a hardcore military sim.

I don't mind LevelCap, I just find his criticisms of the game too frequently drop into the former observation; upset the game he's playing doesn't fully accommodate or compliment his specific style of play with little consideration for the broader strokes of a Battlefield Conquest sandbox environment. He's notorious for whining about tanks for this exact reason, because it disrupts his Call of Duty run-and-gun kill streaks and they're too hard to kill and annoying and other bullshit. It's no surprise his suggestions for the MMGs steer it away from being a defensive weapon with limited mobility. His idea of Battlefield is constant infantry focused run-and-gun play, and the reality is this isn't Battlefield no matter how much he likes it. The usefulness of defensive play in Conquest is evident when one team is doing it and the other is not. It's part of the formula.

But yeah, I just don't think there's an inherent MMG problem. Almost all of Battlefield V's balance problems tie back to other issues. MMGs a problem because of bipods? No, it's because of the damage model, player visibility, and cluttered level design. It's like saying high powered snipers are a problem, because the approach for these players is exactly the same as MMG camping; camp with a high powered rifle, only over an even longer distances, and pick off targets. The issue isn't the rifles, nor the class. The issue is the flat, open topography of most of the maps making this role too easy and flexible to play.

"Tanks are too powerful in Battlefield 1". They weren't, ever. Players just fucking sucked at trying to kill them.

I agree with the bolded. Not being able to get into your groove and get your shit started is simply not a knock against the game if the players on the opposing team are using their available resources and skill to prevent you from doing so. Its not like they're carpet bombing you with gadgets from their base, now that was some bullshit that absolutely needed adjustment.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Of course players are going to have different preferences for weapons. Those are purely stat based and number crunching rankings. In a perfect world, those would be the best weapons. However, as we all know, BF is far from perfect and there are a myriad of other factors to take into consideration.

Personally, my favorite weapon is the Bren. You can just hold LMB and kill anything at range. It's a laser beam. The funny part is they even nerfed it and it's still ridiculous. It does have one of the slower TTK because it only has a 514 rpm, making it one of the slowest full auto weapons. However, when you can hit every shot because of how accurate it is, it more than makes up for it.

The funny part was I used to talk shit about the Bren. Why would anyone use this over the Lewis or KE7? Easy, when you have a laser, why use a gun.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Of course players are going to have different preferences for weapons. Those are purely stat based and number crunching rankings. In a perfect world, those would be the best weapons. However, as we all know, BF is far from perfect and there are a myriad of other factors to take into consideration.

Personally, my favorite weapon is the Bren. You can just hold LMB and kill anything at range. It's a laser beam. The funny part is they even nerfed it and it's still ridiculous. It does have one of the slower TTK because it only has a 514 rpm, making it one of the slowest full auto weapons. However, when you can hit every shot because of how accurate it is, it more than makes up for it.

The funny part was I used to talk shit about the Bren. Why would anyone use this over the Lewis or KE7? Easy, when you have a laser, why use a gun.
Bren + 3x scope, it might as well be a 30 round sniper rifle.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
What weird keybinds have people come up with for this game? (since it lets you have multiple and conflicting binds)

I have...

Scroll up - toggle crouch, lets me slide with ease and is actually very comfy.

1 - main weapon AND choose firemode. Switches firemode if pressed when weapon is equipped. Feels very natural and I think it's because that's how it is in Delta Force. :D

I must say I disagree with the con tromponcino.
I've been having very good games with it.
They complain about maps not being suited for SMGs due to ranges in the earlier part, so it's a bit strange but not when you take into account their method and flippant attitude.

I love the trombone on Hamada. I can consistently topfrag with it on most maps but it is not as easy as it is with SMGs, though on Hamada and Panzerstorm it's a no-brainer. It's very fun to have the anti-vehicle option as well.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm good enough to really care about the tight metagame of weapon tiers. Or I just don't care enough, haha. I've said it a thousand times, but I've always forced myself to "make my own fun" pretty much in games like Battlefield, and constantly swap weapons in and out even if they're technically the absolute worst of their category. I like challenging myself to git gud with everything. Even the garbage.

The Boys AT rifle is, I think, the only gun I've got a hate/hate relationship with. I still think it's a bullshit lazy gun that should be reserved to gadget use instead. Just an awful boring lazy way to play scout, unsatisfying to use, uninspiring to get killed by, and yeah. It doesn't even seem to be useful against vehicles anyway.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017

They nerfed the Bren? Sure doesn't feel like it :)

I also think there is a difference between console and PC.
The prone OHK snipers isn't a issue for me on console for example.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes there is a delay until it shows up for purchase with CC. I would check back next week.
Suffer for not accomplishing the feats of war!

This week's XP payout is garbage, it is almost like they want to starve you off XP to open the wallet for the remaining levels. OR... some tasks were related to Al Sudan so they just chopped them off.
RIP will check again later. I mean its not that good.. right?! who would use an mmg haha...

Oct 27, 2017
USA

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Enemy Hit 125 Damage. Soldier still alive. Repeat 10x a game.

Tank hit 150 damage. Tank still alive.

Great game DICE.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are they not tracking at all or just not tracking at the end of round screen?

Assignments haven't been updating properly on the end game/end round screens for a while now. If you exit to the main menu though you'll see they tracked or are complete.

If they are not tracking in-game then that is new.
Not tracking at all iirc. I waited till the end of round screen to confirm it. Ps4 btw.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, guess i'm waiting for the next patch. It's not like the face paint had any interest either way.

Oct 27, 2017
Tracking lagging in PC, but my heroism for reviving squad-mates into a certain death was recognized!

Enemy Hit 125 Damage. Soldier still alive. Repeat 10x a game.

Tank hit 150 damage. Tank still alive.

Great game DICE.

Tank damage can be repaired, and sometimes you get extra-points for hitting the tanks in the nuts or splash damage to soldiers around the tank, so the combined 150 points can be easily not enough to kill the tank. Remove crits, remove splash, account for +30 instant repair and if there is an extra support fixing the tank, it needs a coordinated fire to explode.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Haven't played for a while but have recently jumped back in with some friends. Did the latest patch make the game even more buggy? I don't remember it being this bad!

Anyway, I'll probably continue to play on and off as I have since it launched. Hopefully the content drops aren't meant with more issues.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Tracking lagging in PC, but my heroism for reviving squad-mates into a certain death was recognized!

Tank damage can be repaired, and sometimes you get extra-points for hitting the tanks in the nuts or splash damage to soldiers around the tank, so the combined 150 points can be easily not enough to kill the tank. Remove crits, remove splash, account for +30 instant repair and if there is an extra support fixing the tank, it needs a coordinated fire to explode.

I get the tank damage can go over 100, but soldier damage going up to 150 when I'm blasting them with automatic fire? No way a med kit and heal that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.