• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I reinstalled 1 week ago after 2 month break, WTF was i thinking? game so damn buggy gonna hit that uninstall button again..

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing how well BF 1 runs. It looks and runs great. Plus the servers are also top notch. BF V is a buggy laggy mess compared to it.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Makes you wonder what happen in the development process. And speculate about the rumors that bfv got pushed out a year early because bc3 got a deal or whatever for next gen consoles.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
I swear that either everyone in battlefield has become Shroud or cheating is starting to get very rampant. I had multiple games all weekend with guys running around with auto-shotguns using the slugs and doming people the instant they see them or sitting at the back of the map going 50+ and a couple deaths lasering people with MGs. If it's not that then its a teams with half of the guys clanned up on one side pub stomping the other team down 7 or 8 guys. Dice really needs to implement some auto-balancing or something.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
this game is the worst ive ever seen it. first time playing in a couple months and its as bad as launch state BF4 minus the crashing. server rubberbanding, nonexistent hit detection. being shot at by people i cant even see etc.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't have the nightmarish experience others make out. I still enjoy playing the game somewhat. It's just a mess in some way or another most of the time. I mean, it's bewildering really that DICE accidentally patched in an invisibility bug that still exists. It's not even uncommon.

It's amazing how well BF 1 runs. It looks and runs great. Plus the servers are also top notch. BF V is a buggy laggy mess compared to it.

Great looking and playing game that has mostly rock solid performance and netcode. It also has some technical details, like actual terrain deformation from explosions (functional!) and appropriate time and audio cues for ejected casings depending on fall length and surface (aesthetic!), that Battlefield V does not have. I'm absolutely certain Battlefield V's simplified solution to terrain deformation, to instead overlay a geometric impact spot that doesn't technically dig into the existing terrain, is because Frostbite has hit its limit and shit the bed with modern console ceilings.

Oct 27, 2017

Jesus Christ this game is a gift that keeps on giving. I think the casual nature of popping-in, running around, driving the tank, brrrrrrrrrrrt'ing the machine gun saving it from the mockery outside BFV communities.

When I played League ranked, slightly weird angle hitbox or a small stutter was "THIS GAME" moment, but playing BFV and having your halftrack vanish or seeing predator camo active is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So based on that footage, and my own experience of invisible players fully rendering once they're close to the player, my guess is they seriously broke something with the LOD rendering. Because those soldiers on the aircraft are rendered at absurdly low poly, and that'd fit the invisible players popping into existence when in proximity and the higher quality models are loaded in.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I swear that either everyone in battlefield has become Shroud or cheating is starting to get very rampant. I had multiple games all weekend with guys running around with auto-shotguns using the slugs and doming people the instant they see them or sitting at the back of the map going 50+ and a couple deaths lasering people with MGs. If it's not that then its a teams with half of the guys clanned up on one side pub stomping the other team down 7 or 8 guys. Dice really needs to implement some auto-balancing or something.
I dont experience that on xbox. The cheating via pc methods really makes it sound undesirable.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018

Jesus Christ this game is a gift that keeps on giving. I think the casual nature of popping-in, running around, driving the tank, brrrrrrrrrrrt'ing the machine gun saving it from the mockery outside BFV communities.

When I played League ranked, slightly weird angle hitbox or a small stutter was "THIS GAME" moment, but playing BFV and having your halftrack vanish or seeing predator camo active is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I was experiencing this on every third game yesterday. They look like the Predator with the light bending around their bodies. On top of that, the character models slide over the surfaces, and don't walk or run. Very strange indeed.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Ok, so in light of all this I'm downloading BF1 on ps4 now. What are your favorite weapons for each class? I'm going to play some rounds tonight.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I'm absolutely certain Battlefield V's simplified solution to terrain deformation, to instead overlay a geometric impact spot that doesn't technically dig into the existing terrain, is because Frostbite has hit its limit and shit the bed with modern console ceilings.
Funny, I'm certain the terrain deformation was removed because it would run into conflict with the fortification system. What happens if I blow a hole in the ground where sandbags go? Floating sandbags? Fortification disabled? I could see using dynamite to completely troll people in the second instance.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Funny, I'm certain the terrain deformation was removed because it would run into conflict with the fortification system. What happens if I blow a hole in the ground where sandbags go? Floating sandbags? Fortification disabled? I could see using dynamite to completely troll people in the second instance.

Didn't think of this and that is likely the reason, or at very least a major factor. Only counter to that is that simulation of ground deformation does still take place, only it's a mound instead of a hole. The added terrain is real and interactive, so it too must collide with sandbags and whatnot.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
BTW, this (and its affect on map design) is one of the reasons I've been unimpressed by the fortification system, and assume it'll be a gimmick that goes the way of levolution (or behemoths and elite classes) in the future.

Which is a shame because both would be worthwhile if used selectively and not crammed into every map.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017

I can't believe it's took me this wrong to realise it, but I KNEW there was something different with BFV compared to BF1 and other BF's in term of terrain deformation! Genuinely didn't realise till now it doesn't even have it haha. Firing rockets/explosives leaving no trenches/holes in the ground like prior games makes for a much more static and lifeless sandbox. Having the ground almost completely blown out by the end of the round in BF1 looked awesome and literally felt like an atmospheric war had just taken place.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
killing tanks with AT is entirely impossible now, holy shit. Me and 3 friends hit one with 6 panzerfausts in a coordinated attack last night and the sucker didn't die. Dice keeps making this game worse with every patch, it's really quite something.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
killing tanks with AT is entirely impossible now, holy shit. Me and 3 friends hit one with 6 panzerfausts in a coordinated attack last night and the sucker didn't die. Dice keeps making this game worse with every patch, it's really quite something.
I often play the TNT jeep with a friend to kill tanks, in the past 1-2 weeks I've seen huge disparity in the damage dealt. 3 TNT is often enough to oneshot a tank ( at least from behind ), yet I've seen on occasion 6 TNT ( 3 from both players ) only slightly damage a tank, just yesterday I've seen6 TNT only inflict 22 damage to a tank.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
BTW, this (and its affect on map design) is one of the reasons I've been unimpressed by the fortification system, and assume it'll be a gimmick that goes the way of levolution (or behemoths and elite classes) in the future.

Which is a shame because both would be worthwhile if used selectively and not crammed into every map.
I think the fortification system makes a lot of sense but it would help if it was more intuitive. You can see experienced players starting to build up once a point is secured and capping, as this gives you more points. Destroyed enviroments are a plauge in battlefield that makes for an awful experience, rebuilding to provide cover as a map goes on is an improvement that I hope they can keep and improve upon. It also gives you something to do when defending with no enemies around. It's a logical addition to conquest.

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I kill someone hammering the barricades, feelsbadman.

In the maps where the rotation is near constant, like Arras Conquest, whoever is building fortifications alone is helping the enemy team.

Just like the rest of BFV: good concept, unimpressive execution and terrible support.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The only fortifications I'll build in Conquest are health/ammo/repair stations. Everything else is pointless because everyone just leaves to zerg the next closet point. Now Breakthrough is a different story. Those I'll build and rebuild.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Whenever I kill someone hammering the barricades, feelsbadman.

In the maps where the rotation is near constant, like Arras Conquest, whoever is building fortifications alone is helping the enemy team.

Just like the rest of BFV: good concept, unimpressive execution and terrible support.
The only fortifications I'll build in Conquest are health/ammo/repair stations. Everything else is pointless because everyone just leaves to zerg the next closet point. Now Breakthrough is a different story. Those I'll build and rebuild.
Wat.

Arras - E church is the best area for attack and defence and can be heavily fortified. As infanty you want fortifications built to protect from tanks and snipers, any area that's barren is hell in infantry/vehicle balance. F trench is vital for the same reasons. B gets blown to hell instantly and needs to be rebuilt. A has great fortifications to not leave infantry in the open.

Most maps are like this and have very good support for fortifications. That they aid enemies more is a weak argument since you'll get them back on the merry-go-round. Point is maps don't turn into shit because of destructability, they are fun for the duration.

But oh no we need to have blind negative rage surrounding this game and not see how it's the best Battlefield to ever come out. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Wat.

Arras - E church is the best area for attack and defence and can be heavily fortified. As infanty you want fortifications built to protect from tanks and snipers, any area that's barren is hell in infantry/vehicle balance. F trench is vital for the same reasons. B gets blown to hell instantly and needs to be rebuilt. A has great fortifications to not leave infantry in the open.

Most maps are like this and have very good support for fortifications. That they aid enemies more is a weak argument since you'll get them back on the merry-go-round. Point is maps don't turn into shit because of destructability, they are fun for the duration.

But oh no we need to have blind negative rage surrounding this game and not see how it's the best Battlefield to ever come out. :)

E point of Arras is the center, right? I am talking about every other point which is kind of a circle around it. Zergs just rotate in that circle.

Your barricades and sandbags are blown by a single tank shot or a bombing run. What is the configuration in Arras? 2 tanks 2 planes?

Conquest is too fast and dynamic for fortifications. Points chance owners within minutes, a complete Fortification with traps, sandbags and barricades takes more. Your team scatters point by point.

Fortifications work in Breakthrough because points don't chance owners: you either defend or lose. The entire team is concentrated and fairly static. There is a small window to build Fortifications, so why the hell not.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They should be pre-built in Breakthrough!

True, I mainly meant I'd take the time to rebuild them when they get destroyed. For instance, Panzerstorm Breakthrough is a map where I think fortifications are done right. It has a good selection of AT and MG emplacements to help the defenders and just an overall smart placement of fortifications around the map, they really add to the flow of the game. However, then you have something like Aerodrome and it's horrible. Defenders don't get a single MG or AT emplacement and the emplacements just look like they are randomly placed around.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
....and not see how it's the best Battlefield to ever come out....

giphy.gif

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
I did the trifecta last night. BF4, BF1, then BFV.

So awesome how after all these years BF4 still retains a steady user base (on Xbox One, anyway). Finding a match was quick and it's still very fun.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
E point of Arras is the center, right? I am talking about every other point which is kind of a circle around it. Zergs just rotate in that circle.

Your barricades and sandbags are blown by a single tank shot or a bombing run. What is the configuration in Arras? 2 tanks 2 planes?

Conquest is too fast and dynamic for fortifications. Points chance owners within minutes, a complete Fortification with traps, sandbags and barricades takes more. Your team scatters point by point.

Fortifications work in Breakthrough because points don't chance owners: you either defend or lose. The entire team is concentrated and fairly static. There is a small window to build Fortifications, so why the hell not.
But they work on every other point as well, that's why I mentioned them! :)

I guess you learn the value of having a wall between you and the enemy when you main medic.

A single sandbag on a small field can make a tremendous difference. A tank shooting a sandbag is a moment of the tank not machinegunning you to hell, and afterwards it can be rebuilt.

And my main point, it helps counteract the map becoming a flat shitshow.

Fortifications change the dynamics of every conquest map. Think C on Rotterdam with the alleyways (or the whole of Rotterdam (E, D, A, B), the peaks on Fjell protected from snipers, the perches in the church of Devastation, the hangar on Aerodrome (and try putting a sandbag around the craters outside), the ruins on Hamada (D especially), the bridge on Twisted Steel. These are the things you notice when playing the game instead of complaining about cosmetics on internet forums.

Plenty of points can have a ton of destruction because of the fortification system without the level design going out the window when someone bombs it. It works in conquest and improves the experience.

There are two things that could be improved further however.

One is that it should be more obvious (somehow, without being obtrusive) where you can build. The "one tool to do it all"-design sucks, as you can start building a wall when you want to repair a tank. The second improvement would be to give the engineer "perk" to everyone, you can't have a builder class, anyone that wants to build should be encouraged to do so.

It's not intuitive enough as is, and as a result (as recent posts demonstrate), players fail to see the value and contribution of the system, even as it's working in every game since launch.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DICE is on summer vacation until August.

I was playing this game daily until that last patch. Jeez it really fucked everything more than usual.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

The game has had too many fundamental game flow breaking technical issues and design idiosyncrasies too frequently for this to be even in ballpark of being true for me irrespective of how many facets of the underlying game design I like.

Hard to hand wave criticism as "blind negative rage" when I'm fighting against invisible enemies, courtesy of the developer eight months post launch.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to hand wave criticism as "blind negative rage" when I'm fighting against invisible enemies, courtesy of the developer eight months post launch.
There is some kind of divine irony at play when we complain for months about visibility problem ( imho for good reason ), and pretty much a few weeks after it's finaly improved we get stuck for 2 weeks with characters with actual invisible bodies...

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
There is some kind of divine irony at play when we complain for months about visibility problem ( imho for good reason ), and pretty much a few weeks after it's finaly improved we get stuck for 2 weeks with characters with actual invisible bodies...
Lol so true. I'd rather have a hard time seeing players in the rubble than have the Predator run up invisible and tear my spine out.

Well, I'm going to play some BF1 today. I finally downloaded the 80 gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.