• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
You basically sum it up for me. There's a ton of stuff I love in this game but there are a ton of issues. One thing I've really missed is just the feeling of getting vehicles from the ground. Yeah there are some issues with the enemy team camping but that really doesn't matter as much to me as the feeling of all these tanks, jets, and helicopters taking off. It just feels goddamn awesome and pure Battlefield. If I can't take off from an aircraft carrier, what's the point?
I like that too but there's also the problem of team mates just camping at spawn for vehicles which leads to unbalanced teams or people stealing the enemies vehicles which also leads to some lobsided matches. The new way avoids that even if it doesn't really feel like classic battlefield.

I'm sure dice also likes that unused vehicles aren't using up rendering budget also just sitting around on runways and at bases.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I like that too but there's also the problem of team mates just camping at spawn for vehicles which leads to unbalanced teams or people stealing the enemies vehicles which also leads to some lobsided matches. The new way avoids that even if it doesn't really feel like classic battlefield.

I'm sure dice also likes that unused vehicles aren't using up rendering budget also just sitting around on runways and at bases.

Has there ever been a moment where jets or helicopters were just sitting unused? I guess I never saw the camping and stuff as that huge of a problem. There are other ways to protect the spawn and people still camp them, they just camp in the menu instead of on the ground.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Don't get your hopes up.

BF5 is the best Battlefield and the worst Battlefield at the same time.

Give me BF4 content, BF3 atmosphere, and BF5 gunplay/movement and that's whats gonna blow up.

Fuck yes. BFV has so much potential. I hope they pull a BF4 but it looks hard. Pacific Theatre will tell us if it is or not.

Last night went back to BF3, holy shit it is so good. A bit too chaotic for my taste, I enjoy BFV more in that regard, but BF3 pulls so many strings in the right note.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

But people will just camp the spawn screen now lol

Idk why they cant just lock planes put from opposing teams if stealing is such a big deal

When are we getting rush/all maps Frontlines back?

im so sick of waiting For this game. Al Sundan is hopefully a classic map, it looks like it has lots of potential to be one of the best maps in the game

Also Im kind of cheesed that operation metro is the classic map they're bringing back. Out of all the maps they couldve chosen.

But I guess to be fair to the meat grinder fans, bfv lacks a meat grinder map. I just hope they add some proper damn flanks to make the map more fun

and i want to see bf3 styled rush where it starts in the park.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017

Idk why they cant just lock planes put from opposing teams if stealing is such a big deal

im so sick of waiting For this game. Al Sundan is hopefully a classic map, it looks like it has lots of potential to be one of the best maps in the game

Also Im kind of cheesed that operation metro is the classic map they're bringing back. Out of all the maps they couldve chosen.

But I guess to be fair to the meat grinder fans, bfv lacks a meat grinder map. I just hope they add some proper damn flanks to make the map more fun

Metro can be adapted to WW2 quite easily (I might be tempting fate) and there's no denying how popular it is, people love a mindless death grind. Most of the big BF3 and BF4 maps would need big changes to fit into the 1940's. The vehicles in this aren't great either, a lot of older maps would play very differently with these tanks and especially no choppers.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think people stealing vehicles from the other spawn was ever that huge of a problem to remake the entire vehicle selection system. Can you even land planes in BFV?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You can land, but there really is no point. Sometimes I like to land and just use the turret to troll players.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
So I turned off aim assist because when multiple players are together it always defaults to the wrong person and gets me killed. Well here was my second game with it off on Fjell, took a clip of going on a kill streak (revived twice) and then whiffed at the end lol. It definitely works the best with shot guns tho

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Played a Breakthrough match on Panzerstorm and I had one dude on my team immediately abandon his tank. Luckily, I caught it in time and got in before an enemy player can steal it.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I turned off aim assist because when multiple players are together it always defaults to the wrong person and gets me killed. Well here was my second game with it off on Fjell, took a clip of going on a kill streak (revived twice) and then whiffed at the end lol. It definitely works the best with shot guns tho

I've tried it with slowdown off and it just doesn't work for me. It causes me to overaim constantly. I play with my sensitivity maxed and fine aiming and recoil control is near impossible without slowdown on. The obvious fix would be to just lower my sensitivity but I am so used to being able to 180 or instantly snap from target to target at near mouse speeds that it's not really worth it. Being able to play with maxed sens is pretty much key to my success.

Based on that clip you seem to be fine though lol.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Played a Breakthrough match on Panzerstorm and I had one dude on my team immediately abandon his tank. Luckily, I caught it in time and got in before an enemy player can steal it.

Tanks shouldn't be able to be stolen IMO, they upset the balance of the match too much. Really sucks if the person driving crashed to desktop or something, just gifting a tank to the enemy. Just one thing where the sandbox element isn't worth the cost. I don't miss vehicles being stationary at the start of matches and players just camping for them either.

They really need to delineate between heavy and light vehicles. A map like Morita should have a light tank or APC per side.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Tanks shouldn't be able to be stolen IMO, they upset the balance of the match too much. Really sucks if the person driving crashed to desktop or something, just gifting a tank to the enemy. Just one thing where the sandbox element isn't worth the cost. I don't miss vehicles being stationary at the start of matches and players just camping for them either.

They really need to delineate between heavy and light vehicles. A map like Morita should have a light tank or APC per side.
There's not much of a difference between people spawning in and waiting for vehicles and people waiting at the spawn screen for vehicles instead.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
There's not much of a difference between people spawning in and waiting for vehicles and people waiting at the spawn screen for vehicles instead.

It's less frustrating than seeing 4 or 5 people all jockeying around in spawn on the minimap though. I find that only pure pilots wait for the planes, and they're better than 99% of players in them anyways, so I don't really mind doing something else.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope that CODMW really nails their 20v20 and above modes. EADICE really needs their feet held to the fire.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Which, unsurprisingly at this point, does not even work. Half of the time you don't even see available tank/planes on the spawn screen.

And that problem has been in the game since it's release...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Vehicle selection can be annoying. It says there is one vehicle available and I'll hurry and try to pick it. The circle will spin, so I know I picked it, but nothing will happen. So I try to change vehicles and now there are zero available.

Maybe someone picked it a millisecond before me, idk, but it's annoying.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, I think with the way spawning works now you'll have more people just give up waiting around for a vehicle icon and spawn in on a teammate or forward point to run and gun a bit then try again the next death. The old way they'd spawn at base then be committed to just waiting there until their vehicle is available.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer in-map vehicle spawns just for the superficial aesthetic, immersion factor, but in practice I don't really care one way or the other.

What I do care about is set vehicles versus the openness they have now. Maps built around specific vehicle type availability and quantity leads to more focused, balanced map design rather than the messiness of BF1 and BFV (am I misremembering, or was BF1 a bit more restrictive than BFV?). I get the latter choice encourages more open sandbox-like possibilities during matches, but in practice it doesn't work.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
how do you cheat out the death from above achievement?

all i have left is the broken globetrotter and death from above to get plat

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
What I do care about is set vehicles versus the openness they have now. Maps built around specific vehicle type availability and quantity leads to more focused, balanced map design rather than the messiness of BF1 and BFV (am I misremembering, or was BF1 a bit more restrictive than BFV?). I get the latter choice encourages more open sandbox-like possibilities during matches, but in practice it doesn't work.
Some of the maps in the expansions did have limited vehicles selections, Mark V's and Garford-Putilov's on Volga river and Tsaryistan, Mark V's on River Somme and Passchendaele, Garford-Putilov's and Artillery trucks on Brusilov Keep.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Idk why DICE keeps putting me in half empty servers that stay empty the entire match. I refuse to believe that there is no one else playing, especially on a Friday night
This happens at least once every time we squad up. We also get thrown into non NA servers and the experience suffers because of the crazy ping. I got kicked from a game because of it. Which is crazy since I have a really fast connection. Servers are just ass.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
I've tried it with slowdown off and it just doesn't work for me. It causes me to overaim constantly. I play with my sensitivity maxed and fine aiming and recoil control is near impossible without slowdown on. The obvious fix would be to just lower my sensitivity but I am so used to being able to 180 or instantly snap from target to target at near mouse speeds that it's not really worth it. Being able to play with maxed sens is pretty much key to my success.

Based on that clip you seem to be fine though lol.
Yeah this was on a pro, sensitivity set to 90. you pc guys I don't know how you do it! Could never use k+m, much respect

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
You can't. DICE made it so you can't disable any of the warning icons.

Also it's probably not your connection. The servers are just ass.
Man this just sucks. Maybe im making excuses but i feel like i die so instantly in this game

in bf4, i can sometimes save my ass, but I cant stand this game. I was wondering if maybe it was the latency but maybe not

I never realized al sundan has been delayed for 2 months. Thought it was a few weeks. Im blown away that DICE is this fucked

is there any intel at all as to how many people are working on this game? I was reading that most of the experienced devs left but that sounded more like gossip

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Man this just sucks. Maybe im making excuses but i feel like i die so instantly in this game.

Oh, it's not an excuse; you can and will die instantly. It's called the super bullet and it's because of how the servers work. Instead of damage being dealt in increments, it's all dealt at once. For instance, you are shot five times for 20 damage each time, that will equal 100 and you're dead. The super bullet will deal all that damage at once, so you'll die in a single frame. It's just how their servers deal with latency. It has been around since launch.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's not an excuse; you can and will die instantly. It's called the super bullet and it's because of how the servers work. Instead of damage being dealt in increments, it's all dealt at once. For instance, you are shot five times for 20 damage each time, that will equal 100 and you're dead. The super bullet will deal all that damage at once, so you'll die in a single frame. It's just how their servers deal with latency. It has been around since launch.
What the actual fuck. I thought they fixed this. So I cant even react to being shot? I sometimes feel like I get insta'd by a pistol. Sometimes I feel like I engage in a head on fight but the enemy kills me near instantly. I cant tell if theyre just landing headshots or what. Why is this not a priority fix?

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Next week ToW reward is another fking knife. Terrible. Six weeks of it

lmao

I didn't log in because I knew it would be a joke. ToW was so poorly implemented. Shitty rewards and assignments. If they would have just given us a decent progression system from the start, you wouldn't need ToW.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also we haven't got a single new gadget or pistol. Then you look at the video and there they are.

No, let's keep giving them more semi autos and MMGs.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium

I remember DICE talking about this being patched months ago but I still suffer from this super bullet issue.
At this point I don't expect it to be ever fully fixed but yeah its incredibly annoying.

Thanks for explaining how the hell it happens.

I'm planning to brave the servers later tonight with a mate after a break from the useless auto balance driving me crazy.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I remember DICE talking about this being patched months ago but I still suffer from this super bullet issue.
At this point I don't expect it to be ever fully fixed but yeah its incredibly annoying.

Yeah, i usually try to explain my instant deaths by "maybe i've been shot by 2 or 3 guys at the same time that i didn't see and that dude in front of me that only fired once got the kill" but sometimes, you can't deny that the super bullet is still there.

And honestly i think the issue is worse now that it was before the invisible soldier bug appeared.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Man this just sucks. Maybe im making excuses but i feel like i die so instantly in this game

in bf4, i can sometimes save my ass, but I cant stand this game. I was wondering if maybe it was the latency but maybe not
Don't listen to the BS. You shouldn't be getting warning icons. Something is messing up. It would explain you dying instantly because that is what bad ping will make you do. Warning icons show up for a reason, it's because it's warning you. :P

If you are on PC you can get a detailed network graph through options. Scoreboard ping should tell you enough though. Check so that you are being put in in your correct region. Use the "advanced" sever browser if you can't get a good ping server through quick play.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
yep, servers are a total mess right now. It started again to send me to some brazilian servers while I'm in EU. Playing with 200+ ping while I'm used to 20 is a pure nightmare.

if you see your ping going through the roof check the server you're playing on, it happened to me to be moved to some out of region server between 2 matches (I'm on xbox).

Not related but : did anyone of you saw the return of the "silent tank" bug (was in BF1 long time ago) ? Lately I'm road killed by tanks or vehicules I simply couldn't hear coming from behind...

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I got killed by an armoured car that drove up right behind me last night. That's been on the go since at least BF3, maybe earlier, seems more prevalent if you use the TV speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.