• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Pacific could be really hyped. However, I doubt it'll be like anything I imagine. This skeleton crew probably can't accomplish much. The Pacific should have been paid DLC that way it could have got more support. Fuck splitting the player base argument, the people that didn't buy it didn't stick around anyways. They are the casual players that just constantly jump to the newest game. They aren't coming back anyways.

Also lol

z2wx4ml2qsg31.png

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
LMAO at that image.

It's so hard to be optimistic. The only thing that there is, is te ocasional good match. C'mon DICE, do something

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I am also finding it hard to be optimistic about the current state of the game.

And you know what? If you read through the thread here, you'll see that some of us have been supporting the game with huge patience. DICE is losing the most die hard followers of BFV because we just don't know what the hell is going on. It feels as they abandoned ship

Oct 27, 2017
Rebuilt PC, the game is really smooth now, over 100FPS, but playing on the 75hz display. YET, there is still something unsatisfactory about the dying moment. When someone kills me in CSGO or OW, it feels natural like the rest of the experience. When I die in BF, it is like the game speeds-up or skips parts of the experience leaving me puzzled. Even the direct headshot in CSGO is a split-second in terms of time to die, yet it feels appropriate.

And nope, even the superior visuals/frame rate does nothing to compensate for all of the content, design and progression problems.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
And you know what? If you read through the thread here, you'll see that some of us have been supporting the game with huge patience. DICE is losing the most die hard followers of BFV because we just don't know what the hell is going on. It feels as they abandoned ship

Honestly for me, im just tired of battling with the simplest fucking things. You dont know how many times i die just because my guy cant seem to jump over a simple rock or when you try to enter a window (or hop over a fence) and you have to press the button 20 god damn times so the animation kicks in, but as soon as it does someone shoots you. Its so fucking annoying that its just made me play other games.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Honestly for me, im just tired of battling with the simplest fucking things. You dont know how many times i die just because my guy cant seem to jump over a simple rock or when you try to enter a window (or hop over a fence) and you have to press the button 20 god damn times so the animation kicks in, but as soon as it does someone shoots you. Its so fucking annoying that its just made me play other games.

And if everything else is good, then you have to deal with bad teammates and no balance. Jesus, why are we still here? Just to suffer?

But the seemingly radio silence is baffling. They said that they know they lost the good will of the community and will fix that but... nothing has happened. Just the release of Marita

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
And if everything else is good, then you have to deal with bad teammates and no balance. Jesus, why are we still here? Just to suffer?

But the seemingly radio silence is baffling. They said that they know they lost the good will of the community and will fix that but... nothing has happened. Just the release of Marita

I dont care anymore honestly. With BF1, there were bugs but the amazing maps made up for the fact that the game felt unfinished. This game is just bad. Maps are incredibly forgettable so far.

Oct 27, 2017

I blame DICE for the state of BF, but I completely understand their position regarding communication.

There is no good outcome if they start communicating because there are no positive news. Even the people who are literally paid to engage with community don't do that, or do it with the hazmat suits responding only to the positive or neutral topics and never more.

Plus, if a designer or artist starting putting his name to bat for BFV, and then EA completely axes the support, he will bring the social media mob on himself for no reason. Literally none of the people who work in engineering, consutrction, retail or fast food go and do PR for their company, for no personal gain other than to advance the Boeing or Mcdonalds brands.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm willing to bet the new progression system isn't even coming this month. They'll probably tell us at the last second that it has been delayed.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Had a moment last night where firing my gun made me switch to the AP Pistol, and then when I went to fire the AP Pistol it just switched back to my primary instead. That was a new glitch for me. It got me killed lol. Never even heard of that glitch before.

edit: wasn't due to having no ammo and it auto switching or whatever I should add

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I blame DICE for the state of BF, but I completely understand their position regarding communication.

There is no good outcome if they start communicating because there are no positive news. Even the people who are literally paid to engage with community don't do that, or do it with the hazmat suits responding only to the positive or neutral topics and never more.

Plus, if a designer or artist starting putting his name to bat for BFV, and then EA completely axes the support, he will bring the social media mob on himself for no reason. Literally none of the people who work in engineering, consutrction, retail or fast food go and do PR for their company, for no personal gain other than to advance the Boeing or Mcdonalds brands.

That's true. We are in the dark age of BF

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

I told them in the last survey to stop being assholes by sending people like Braddock out into a hostile community with zero answers. It's like repeatedly kicking a nest of hornets. It doesn't help that they did their huge info dump trailer for E3 and then promptly almost all went on vacation.

I'm willing to bet the new progression system isn't even coming this month. They'll probably tell us at the last second that it has been delayed.

The 'new' progression system is just a level uncap, with levels that take ever-increasing amounts of XP to reach.

4.4 better be a banger or the game is dead before the Pacific even comes. I still see no reason to abandon your newest WW2 title - it can coexist with Battlefront and BC3 - but I've posted that probably a hundred times.

wl674gfb8vg31.jpg

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It seems that every time I complain here and then I play I am welcomed with a bunch of good matches, with people PTFOing, winning with less than 100 tickets, etc.

WHY??

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Despite glaring issues i still have genuine fun with BFV. It's mostly thanks to the movement and gunplay that i keep coming back, i also enjoy tanks and planes for the most part. Firestorm and Squad Conquest are amazing additions to the franchise and make BFV really appealing for me.

The game needs desperately more maps of bigger scale though. Panzerstorm is a nearly perfect Battlefield map, that should be the blueprint for the future. Halvoy has so much potential for an epic Conquest map, Dice please do it.
There are too much infantry heavy maps, which get old really fast.

Jan 4, 2018
The Pacific could be really hyped. However, I doubt it'll be like anything I imagine. This skeleton crew probably can't accomplish much. The Pacific should have been paid DLC that way it could have got more support. Fuck splitting the player base argument, the people that didn't buy it didn't stick around anyways. They are the casual players that just constantly jump to the newest game. They aren't coming back anyways.

Also lol

z2wx4ml2qsg31.png

We still know nothing about tank customisation despite the game saying since launch that it's coming "soon". BFV in a nutshell.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Will DICE ever address huge disconnect that is TTK and TTD being greatly different?

TTK with Turner SMLE is ~5 shots to body, but at receiving end all you ever get is hit 1-2 times to body and dead. Basically kills take several seconds to achieve, but deaths are instantaneous. When someone competent shoots at you from decent angle you are just dead, there is nothing you can do and it's bullshit in arcadey af shooter like this.

Edit: Also audio is still broken all to hell. Shit ton of audio never plays, audio plays out of order etc.

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I was trying to think of what would be the biggest thing which could semi realistically be done for me to completly flip my oppinion around the post release support the game had.
The only good answer I can come up with is a map editor. Now that new maps is not the way they try to get our money, and with private server finaly coming *soon* ( Dice™), this is imho, now more than ever, the best thing which could ever be done to improve the content problem the game has.
Now I don't think it will ever happen, if only because I expect Frostbite to make it exponentially harder to do than it should ever be, and that even people who got to work at Dice after being part of the modding/map making community don't fight to make it a reality ( at least based on what was said around BC2 release by the like of @Demize99, then by others on the official forum in bf3 days, it sure seems that way ).
One can only dream.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I was trying to think of what would be the biggest thing which could semi realistically be done for me to completly flip my oppinion around the post release support the game had.
The only good answer I can come up with is a map editor. Now that new maps is not the way they try to get our money, and with private server finaly coming *soon* ( Dice™), this is imho, now more than ever, the best thing which could ever be done to improve the content problem the game has.
Now I don't think it will ever happen, if only because I expect Frostbite to make it exponentially harder to do than it should ever be, and that even people who got to work at Dice after being part of the modding/map making community don't fight to make it a reality ( at least based on what was said around BC2 release by the like of @Demize99, then by others on the official forum in bf3 days, it sure seems that way ).
One can only dream.

They also most likely have filled engine to brim with licensed 3rd party plugins, code etc. making release of free map editor basically impossible.

It's what killed e.g. WItcher 3 map editor idea.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
They also most likely have filled engine to brim with licensed 3rd party plugins, code etc. making release of free map editor basically impossible.

It's what killed e.g. WItcher 3 map editor idea.
I would put that in the "I expect Frostbite to make it exponentially harder to do than it should ever be". I'm pretty sure it was already one of the reason given during the bad company 2 days, but even then it was said that it didn't make it impossible in the future, but that it would take a huge amount of work/change .
9 years later I wouldn't be surprised that no changes were made to go in that direction, and kind of expect it even got worst.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So after the knife, we are finally going to get some weapons again.

8bk3dzsg66h31.png

Panzerbüchse 39: Another AT rifle, I can't say I'm a fan. I wonder how different it will be to the Boys AT. I can't wait for a week of constantly getting OHK.

C96 Carbine: Another aggressive weapon for Recon. This should be a decent add.

Breda PG: I'm most excited for this one. It is three round burst. It'll be nice using a new weapon type.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
C96 Carbine: Another aggressive weapon for Recon. This should be a decent add.

The specialization tree had a burst/full auto option on it. Really looking forward to trying it out. The P08 just doesn't work in this meta.

I personally want Pathfinders to be changed to SMG/Shotgun class but that's definitely not in the cards. I'm not even sure DICE has the ability to tag weapons on a subclass by subclass basis, or even split them by nationality.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Will DICE ever address huge disconnect that is TTK and TTD being greatly different?

TTK with Turner SMLE is ~5 shots to body, but at receiving end all you ever get is hit 1-2 times to body and dead. Basically kills take several seconds to achieve, but deaths are instantaneous. When someone competent shoots at you from decent angle you are just dead, there is nothing you can do and it's bullshit in arcadey af shooter like this.

Edit: Also audio is still broken all to hell. Shit ton of audio never plays, audio plays out of order etc.

This is 100% killing the game for me.

I dont think its just me, because when I play BF1 and BF4, it feels right: I get shot enough times and I die. Even if I die instantly in that game...it feels like it makes sense. But almost always, I get into a firefight where I can register in my brain the shots and the damage I receive.

This does NOT feel like the case in BFV. I feel like Im losing my mind when I play

Oct 27, 2017
Before Firestorm, DICe was selling Firestorm as a Criterion project in addition to DICE working full-force on the main BF experiences.
After Firestorm, DICE is claiming that BFV is receiving enough maps if you consider Firestorm as 4 maps.

FU... Just fuck you... Just admit that BFV was a broken game with the trainwreck of service support so far instead of doing some mental gymnastics of "educating" the community that previous BF games had too many maps and Firestorm is worth 4 Conquest maps... Until now, I thought that internally, DICE knew about the problems and were making progress, but it seems like they are so far up each others asses that "Everything is perfect" and the community is just too stupid to understand the genius of BFV.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Before Firestorm, DICe was selling Firestorm as a Criterion project in addition to DICE working full-force on the main BF experiences.
After Firestorm, DICE is claiming that BFV is receiving enough maps if you consider Firestorm as 4 maps.

FU... Just fuck you... Just admit that BFV was a broken game with the trainwreck of service support so far instead of doing some mental gymnastics of "educating" the community that previous BF games had too many maps and Firestorm is worth 4 Conquest maps... Until now, I thought that internally, DICE knew about the problems and were making progress, but it seems like they are so far up each others asses that "Everything is perfect" and the community is just too stupid to understand the genius of BFV.
I'm following this on twitter/reddit, what a shit show, at least it's entertaining.

The fact he both said "Halvoy count as 4-5 maps" then latter "BR was added to attract new players to battlefield, not for the existing community", is like mind blowing, how are we supposed to see that as a positive. It only mean that 4-5 maps worth of content was made for other players than us, while being unable to deliver to the existing community the same amount of content than they were able to in the past 8 years/3 games. But that they still planned the content release around the assumption that Halvoy is 4-5 maps worth of content.

And let's be honest, they work with the same mindset when it comes to the 5v5 maps. By the end of the month, they will act as if that the game has 18 maps while most of us see this on our server rotation :
1566218756-battlefield-v-screenshot-2019-08-19-14-44-31-82.png

I won't even comment on the "bf1 had too many maps" as to no go overboard with my words.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Criterion dropped Firestorm and then were like we are out, peace!

So DICE has balance and update both Firestorm and the main game. Yeah, good luck with that. They can't even keep up with the main game, how are they supposed to work on FS also. lol

Criterion should have just made some maps. They could have done 3-4 maps and then left. That would have been a lot better than some undercooked BR mode that is probably never going to get updated.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It also blows my mind you have two vehicles in FS that aren't being used in the main game. The Schwimmwagen and helicopter. Both of these vehicles could add a lot to the game. The Schwimmwagen can go in the water so it could be used on Narvik, Twisted Steel, Rotterdam, and Mercury. Then the helicopter could be used as a transport, you could even just throw some weapons on it if you wanted to.

They're already in the fucking game, why not use them?! I just don't understand their decisions.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It also blows my mind you have two vehicles in FS that aren't being used in the main game. The Schwimmwagen and helicopter. Both of these vehicles could add a lot to the game. The Schwimmwagen can go in the water so it could be used on Narvik, Twisted Steel, Rotterdam, and Mercury. Then the helicopter could be used as a transport, you could even just throw some weapons on it if you wanted to.

It's already in the fucking game, why not use them?! I just don't understand their decisions.
When even Panzerstorm does not get updated with a drivable tractor you stop even trying to understand.

I still think Mercury will get updated "around" the pacific release thought, we did get some indication that we might see those additional flag from the trailer ( and I'm guessing they don't want to introduce the sea side of the gameplay before the pacific release... even thought we are content starved ).

RNG

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I saw that tweet/reddit post, "BF1 had too many maps." W.T.F. Some people should really stay off twitter.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Only DICE would release a $60 taste test of poorly made BF and then expect people to actually go for it in a market dominated by better, free games.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
In itself I have no problem with Firestorm or what it tried to achieve, getting more people to battlefield.
But you should try to attract new player in addition to doing what's going to be expected by your existing community. With battlefield V they went after the BR craze even thought they didn't have the manpower and/or time to also have good post release content roadmap for the main/core battlefield experience.
If we take Niklas Astrand word, Halvoy is 4-5 maps worth of content/work. If by Firestorm release they had instead released 4-5 additional maps, it would have put us at a pretty similar amount of content as what bf1 had. That's like 40% more maps than we currently have after 9 month, and it would have been by the end of march.

But hey since battlefield 1 had too many maps, what should I know.
Supposed to be what, 3 months away? and not even screenshots?
2 months and that's if they take an entire month between the end of chapter 4 and the start of chapter 5....
edit : rewatched the road map, chapter 5 is a non committal autumn while the new metro is slated for October... so I guess they maybe actually intend to get away with november release and no ToW for 5-8 weeks. At that point it's not only possible, it might be probable.

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
But hey since battlefield 1 had too many maps, what should I know.
2 months and that's if they take an entire month between the end of chapter 4 and the start of chapter 5....
edit : rewatched the road map, chapter 5 is a non committal autumn while the new metro is slated for October... so I guess they maybe actually intend to get away with november release and no ToW for 5-8 weeks. At that point it's not only possible, it might be probable.

My expectations go way up if they pause ToW. Al Soondone isn't even making 4.4 so there must be a token team of people on the game. Maybe that changes when Sirland comes back.

If they just continue on this drip feed of nothingness, CoD will deal a near deathblow to the franchise and the fanbase.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Al Sudan will exist in limbo for at bare minimum another month, and when it drops will have some ridiculous bugs.
The Pacific update will get pushed into early 2020, content quality will be mediocre, map design on par with Battlefield V thus far.
Russian DLC will never come, or will be a late, late addition of like two/three maps and Russian prefab character skins on infantry only maps against Germany.
Frostbite will continue to be a shambling mess of taped together code, slowly improved, but never even close to fixed with weird new issues cropping up.
EA will further reduce the quality of post launch Tides of War support, regressing almost all weekly additions to skins.
Sound bugs will never be fixed.
Balance issues will stay forever.
Firestorm will get one last bug update and then never be touched again, servers quietly pulled offline.
Don't forget to buy the legendary characters, including Helghast Nazi and American that looks like bootleg Brad Pitt from Inglorious Basterds.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.nvidia.com

Gamescom Game Ready Driver Improves Performance By Up To 23%, And Brings New Ultra-Low Latency, Integer Scaling and Image Sharpening Features

Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade and World War Z now run even faster, retro and pixel games look better with Integer Scaling, modern games look sharper with NVIDIA Freestyle, and input responsiveness can be improved with our new low latency modes.

Maybe some good news for PC players. The latest driver (just released). I'll have to try it out later.

Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade, and World War Z.

gamescom-2019-geforce-game-ready-driver-faster-performance.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.