• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Premium is the way to go. Look at how well some of the fighting games have done now with season passes and things like that.

It worked for battlefield games in the past. BF isn't the kind of game where people really spend money on stupid skins n crap like fortnite

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, oh dear..

I just built a new pc and as a huge classic BF fan(esp. 1942 and BF2) I was looking for some thoughts on BFV. Excited to even see some RTX nonsense.

Then I jump into this thread and read this last page. I don't know what issues exactly are with the game, but this is one of the most dire and depressing OT I think I've seen from gaming side...

Maybe I'll not buy the game?
There is fun to be had for sure, and the game isn't expensive, so I do would call it worth getting.

It's just that in the past couple month we had to deal with :
- invisible soldier bug for an entire month
- the first big map released since december getting delayed by 2 month now, possibly more, because of some visual bug
- they wasted dev time for a BR with so few players, I ended up starting a match last night with only 17 players
- they then proceed to wast more dev time for a 5v5 mode they end up cancelling, which result the release of 2 new maps but limited to small 24 player game mode... that was supposed to be released last week, it was delayed at the last minute to next week. We then discover that all the work they did on it ( new weapon, gadget ) wasn't made with the core battlefield in mind, which mean we won't get them any time soon.
- we get teased a good news for last Thursday, it's was actually only the release of a.. trello board.... which was also delayed to next week
- discorver that the E3 road map was wrong and that we won't get any new vehicle or gadget for another month or two or three

All of that while we have been mostly content starved since the game release.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, oh dear..

I just built a new pc and as a huge classic BF fan(esp. 1942 and BF2) I was looking for some thoughts on BFV. Excited to even see some RTX nonsense.

Then I jump into this thread and read this last page. I don't know what issues exactly are with the game, but this is one of the most dire and depressing OT I think I've seen from gaming side...

It's on Origin access cheap tier if you already have that or want to try it for a month. BF1 and BF4 are also in there.

Imagine the technical mess of BF4 without the content, piled on top of some questionable design and you're roughly where BFV is at. Oh and there's almost no hope of the game turning around. Yeah.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, oh dear..

Dont buy it.

-Aiming down sights = bugged
-All sound = bugged
-Hit detection = bugged
-netcode = bugged
-animation = bugged
-cpu performance = disastrous

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I hope in future games they decide to just do classic Battlefield and not the Frankenstein Swiss-Army Knife creation they've had for the last few installments. They dilute the quality of their game and spread themselves thin with too many pointless game modes. Conquest and Rush, that's all the modes you need for a Battlefield. Focus on that, make lots of maps for both modes, stop chasing trends of other games and do what you used to do best, large scale infantry AND vehicular combat on large maps.

To go back to my previous comparison; a Swiss Army Knife has a dozen gadgets and doodads in it, but none of it works particularly well and is of poor quality. Instead, just make a knife; a well-crafted good quality knife that cuts better than any other knife out there.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
You know it's bad when people are looking towards a Trello board for some answers and the devs can't even roll that out on time.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I hope in future games they decide to just do classic Battlefield and not the Frankenstein Swiss-Army Knife creation they've had for the last few installments. They dilute the quality of their game and spread themselves thin with too many pointless game modes. Conquest and Rush, that's all the modes you need for a Battlefield. Focus on that, make lots of maps for both modes, stop chasing trends of other games and do what you used to do best, large scale infantry AND vehicular combat on large maps.

To go back to my previous comparison; a Swiss Army Knife has a dozen gadgets and doodads in it, but none of it works particularly well and is of poor quality. Instead, just make a knife; a well-crafted good quality knife that cuts better than any other knife out there.
Can't agree more. I want the good knife, too.
Edit: grammar

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A Trello Board is just another way of saying roadmap. I don't know why they are acting like it's some great addition.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oh, oh dear..

Every single time I catch up with this thread it leaves me sad and disappointed at the state of the game.

Lol well yes, this thread is depressing. But the problem is that there isn't much to talk about the game sadly, I mean, we could be discussing meta and stuff, but the game is at a stalemate due to the slow drop of content and bugs and lack of balance of the game

That being said, we are still playing, Well, I am at least, but many here still play, because there are good things. The depressing nature of the thread goes hand to hand with the fact that there are so much potential here that we like, that we are frustrated with DICE and EA for the poor managment of this.

I'd say, just try it with Access and see for yourself. I have been having a blast with the Blitzkrieg playlist this week. Specially since it allows me to use constantly the vehicles, the other day on Reddit saw a post about where the tank has the most armor, and it really helped improving against enemy tanks. I have been running out of ammo on ocasions lol

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
For people having issues, especially if it is hitching and general GPU usage drops then I urge you to try the exploit protection bypass going round in the control thread, worked an absolute treat for me.

I run with a 2700 and a RTX 2080.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For people having issues, especially if it is hitching and general GPU usage drops then I urge you to try the exploit protection bypass going round in the control thread, worked an absolute treat for me.

I run with a 2700 and a RTX 2080.
That did the trick for me. Thanks fella

Feels like a new game now. Absolutely amazing

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Gunna be a slog to get the last 8 levels in ToW.

Also, is it just me or is it incredibly slower to turn right compared to turning left sometimes?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Inb4 "This was unintentional and was pushed to the client by mistake. I'll mention it to the team."

Now I can bitch about the game on my way to 500.

200.gif

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
DICE needs to hire a better QA or at least give us the beta version of it so we can test it before the release date.

Right now I just find it unplayable

RNG

Oct 25, 2017

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
An extra long Origin preparation phase ? Fuck, it's usually way too long on normal patches.

But hey, if it do optimize stuff and doesn't introduce (too much) new bugs, i'll gladly take it.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
did the performance improvements get pushed back? all thats listed here is a stutter fix specific to firestorm. still no ADS fix, no sound fix.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting all this months to get two maps that are not even available in Conquest...

Nothing about cheaters, nor team balancing.

Well, I'll play next year, or maybe never again and just wait for the next borked BF game.

It could have been such a great game if they focused on what makes BF a BF game, and not try everything to get players from everywhere and forget the core base.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
They are actually making MMGs changes.

MMGs are already completely useless in the open. Hell, anyone with a semi rifle can dome you easily. They don't really need a change. Bipod doesn't even fucking deploy half the time.

Perfect example of people being anchored around something and whining about it until devs change.

-
  • Fixed an issue entering Aim Down Sights when resupplying and using an Ammo or Medical Pouch
  • The Parachute can now be opened a bit earlier when falling, this allows the players at full health to use the parachute for most lethal falls
  • Improved the Commo Rose input while using a mouse which should make it easier to use

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the patch note, they are buffing most bolt action sniper rifles, wich i think is nice.

They are buffing a bunch of SMGs as well wich i think is nice too.

But in the SMG they are heavily buffing the MAB38 and somewhat nerfing my poor MP40. And i don't think both needed any of that, especially the MP40. They already nerfed it down to the seven hells a few months ago, i'm not sure the changes will do any good on it. But i'll try to see, i don't know, maybe increasing the vertical recoil and decreasing the horizontal will make it decent again ?

And for the MMGs... I never use them so i can't really say if the change is a big nerf or not.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I disagree with Avitus, I don't think mmg actually need a nerf, they don't usually perform well in the span of a match. ( I won't make friends by saying this, by I also thought the same about AP mines )
I doubt it's about actual results/performance, but about how people feel when they get killed by them. Same reason people were asking for shotgun nerf during the fews days they were popular ( they are still really good depending on the map, just not played much ), or the AT boy.
But wait and see, I'm guessing they will go along the lines of what levelcap spoke about in a video a few month ago I think, I don't remember all of it but I liked some of those idea... other not so much.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Dice gunna introducing Lofoten Islands and Provence today in two modes I never gunna play unless its for ToW. nice

Fixed an issue where AT Rifle APCR rounds would destroy entire building parts when only intended to deal extra damage against vehicles.

Rip. I destroyed roofs to deny rooftop sniping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.