• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Is it me or your gear is no longer associated with your class, but with your character ? <.<"

Yes, that's what they say in the patch note. To prepare for the arrival of the US and Japan, they reworked some stuff and now the gear is tied to the face you choose. Not exactly sure why but that's what is happenning.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, that's what they say in the patch note. To prepare for the arrival of the US and Japan, they reworked some stuff and now the gear is tied to the face you choose. Not exactly sure why but that's what is happenning.
I missed that part of the patch. :/
I'm conflicted, it's good to see they might be trying to avoid some of the biggest inconsistency when new faction appear. On the other hand I don't understand why it had to come at that cost, now I have to choose between the faces I like, or having variety in my gear between class.

It also allowed me to remember that if you never equiped a head gear on a given character, your character has hair, but that somehow they never thought of allowing us to unequip said head gear....

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is the best update they released in a long time.

giphy.gif

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
And for the MMGs... I never use them so i can't really say if the change is a big nerf or not.

first shot recoil sucks but 150% increase on nothing is not bad. The problem is that MMGs are the only guns that require you to a.) go prone or deploy a bipod, limitng their usefulness and exposing you to easy return fire and b.) constantly broadcast your position as you fire.

The 'effective' round limit for an MMG is about 50 before you start taking return fire, unless you've cleverly hidden on an angle where someone has to enter your field of fire somewhat blind in order to kill you. Even in this instance, most good players can return accurate enough fire to kill you without much trouble. Literally any gun would be strong and work in this scenario because it's how ideally hiding in cover/defilade works. The MMG just has the off chance of getting more than a couple guys via an ammo belt.

Nobody feels bad when I melt their face off with the ag m/42, the assault rifle with 400 RPM and insane accuracy. But god help me if I manage to find a spot where I can prone without being domed by a sniper or actually get the bipod deploy and kill a guy. Then I'm just a filthy MMG camper that is ruining the meta. I don't even like the guns but they are the easiest way to do one of the assignments for the support class. There is no reason to touch them otherwise, at least on PC.

They are stronger at medium and long range than SMGs and that's it. MMGs trade a laundry list of usefulness in exchange for ammo capacity, but that capacity is largely irrelevant because the instances where you'll be able to put it to use are very limited. The role they are optimized for just doesn't exist in a game where there are lots of players with medium and long range rifles that return pinpoint accuracy. Maybe if suppression under MMG fire was actually a thing, they'd stand a chance.

If they plan to nerf them beyond increased recoil then they should just remove them. There is zero reason to use an MMG over, say, the Lewis gun right now.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If they plan to nerf them beyond increased recoil then they should just remove them. There is zero reason to use an MMG over, say, the Lewis gun right now.
They have a very low skill floor and skill ceiling imo. They are only good if you're the type of player that struggles with situational awareness because of how punishing they are if you move around much. The one exception being in specific defense scenarios like holding down lanes in Breakthrough or whatever. You don't gain nearly enough in the TTK department for how much you lose in mobility unless you're the type of player that doesn't like moving anyway.

I don't know how they'd be able to balance it but I wish you could ADS even without the bipod with them. Maybe give 'em really massive recoil, I don't know. Being able to run and gun with a 1200 RPM gun would be hard to balance. As they are now to me they aren't that fun to use or play against. More a troll weapon than anything.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
MMGs are good example of the psychological side of balance. They're rarely used and not that effective. But when you die to them, it's typically in the very narrow situations where an MMG would be expected to be really, really good, so it "feels" bad. You don't have interactions with them outside of these situations because the MMG is completely useless at that point.

There's 11 populated east coast servers right now, seems the patch has brought back a few people.

Because good cannot exist without bad:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I have been reading that Firestorm has bugs and problems after the patch. Well, at least only that was broken with the patch lol

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Did they do some stealth update to the graphics? Looks a little less washed out to me. Not beta levels of vibrant mind you but still.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I played all morning and I have nothing to complain about besides the high pings, but everyone has them to it's whatever.

They didn't seem to break anything and they made the game is better. So good job DICE.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there are some undocumented changes, like the Tiger feels a lot more responsive.

I saw someone with invisible legs though, first time in a long time.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well the new maps are pretty great, it's a real shame they're limited to 8v8 but at least they look and play really well.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Did they fix the commo rose stutter lag? Or I was I the only person who experienced it?

Patch notes mentioned 'improvements to the commo rose for PC users' but I still had the same ol fucking issue trying to quickly pick something. Between not picking something and not getting the call in/reticle unless I spam like twenty mouse clicks, it's the same as it ever was, as far as I can tell.

Did they say if they were planning on adding the new maps to the 64 man mode?

They are repurposed 5v5 maps. They may expand on them as a base but don't count on it.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes mentioned 'improvements to the commo rose for PC users' but I still had the same ol fucking issue trying to quickly pick something. Between not picking something and not getting the call in/reticle unless I spam like twenty mouse clicks, it's the same as it ever was, as far as I can tell.

That's disappointing. I've got a very specific problem where for about half a second after opening the commo rose the selection will stutter and I'll be forced to reselect, and it prevents me from snap selecting. It's super weird, because I'm positive it wasn't like that around launch. A few patches ago they changed something and now I have to wait a second or two before selecting. It's not a huge deal, but just another UI hurdle breaking up seamless flow of play.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wanted to play the new maps and it was the only full west coast server, so I decided to play TDM, I never play TDM. Maybe once or twice for ToW, but that's really it. I played through the entire rotation. All I can say is, holy shit, it sucks. Players enjoy this? It's like a shitty version of CoD with no killstreaks, so it makes it even more unfun. Horrible spawns and it's quite obvious the maps aren't designed for it. Seriously, it's the worst experience I've had in BF V and the xp gain is also bad.

I'm never touching that again. lol

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The more I think about it, I think my issue with TDM is it's too unpredictable. I don't mind Squad Conquest because it has structure. Players are generally pulled into certain engagement zones and you can also get a vehicle to help out. There is a frontline; you can tell there will probably be enemies here, here, and there. TDM just feels like a mess. You just have players running around everywhere and also spawning everywhere. In BF, there are too many angles to check, it's impossible. When you play on an objective based mode, you know what angles probably have a higher chance of a player being there. However, TDM just has players everywhere. It didn't even feel like TDM, it felt more like DM. There was no sense of teamwork at all. It's like everything you don't want from BF in one mode.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So the next patch (end of September?) is supposed to bring Underground map right?

And hopefully Al Sundan is before or during that patch.

And after that, there's nothing until the Pacific which is when again? November?

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
lol. I love TDM in BFV. You get the BFV gunplay experience (one of the only reasons I still play) without all the bullshit on the side. Perfect for playing a quick few rounds.

I swear you get some company coin after each round.

Yeah, I think I got about 150 cc or something after each (TDM) round. But I'm not 100% sure, as I never pay much attention to the post-match screen.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Apparently this is pretty common, but it's the first time I've seen it. You can just drive up there. lol

elenarie is this working as intended or is it going to get removed?

tank-on-hanger.png

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, that's how they plan on restricting certain outfits to certain factions once the pacific drops.

Incidentally, that could also serves to easily switch outfits on the fly to adapt the camos for the maps for example. One face for snow, one for desert, etc etc. If you remember wich is what, you just have to swap your character face before the map starts and you're set.

I think a bunch of people asked for something like that.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I haven't had the chance to try it out yet but it sounds like this was a really good patch. I've read that even footsteps were improved, has anyone here noticed that?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
lol. I love TDM in BFV. You get the BFV gunplay experience (one of the only reasons I still play) without all the bullshit on the side. Perfect for playing a quick few rounds.

Yeah, I think I got about 150 cc or something after each (TDM) round. But I'm not 100% sure, as I never pay much attention to the post-match screen.
It's been bugging out on me since the patch since the After Match results either don't load in or just shows me the exp I earned.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Good to see you elenarie here again.

Would you be able to help me? Asking in reddit is harder because questions get buried. Is the Grece Grand Operation planned to release in the near future? We haven't heard nothing about it, it was supposed to come out once Marita and Mercury were both deployed.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Good to see you elenarie here again.

Would you be able to help me? Asking in reddit is harder because questions get buried. Is the Grece Grand Operation planned to release in the near future? We haven't heard nothing about it, it was supposed to come out once Marita and Mercury were both deployed.

I'm around, I just avoid participating in BF discussions as that just causes needless stress and anxiety. :p

Sorry, not gonna comment on whether any game mode or map is coming, to not repeat the situation with Al Soondone (tm).

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm around, I just avoid participating in BF discussions as that just causes needless stress and anxiety. :p

Sorry, not gonna comment on whether any game mode or map is coming, to not repeat the situation with Al Soondone (tm).

I understand, it's better that way, so no problem. Can I ask you to forward the question so it's considered being adressed in some form.. uhm.. Soon?

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
New maps are actually pretty great and nice looking. Wish they were bigger and had Conquest on them though.

Also, what in the fuck happened to Firestorm? Can't connect to games and weird bugs have returned (loot is stacking and hard to pick up, among other things).

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I have yet to get put into a conquest server with more than 20 player since the patch release...

Status
Not open for further replies.