• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't mind WWII, but for BF I'd rather have modern or future, it gives them more to work with. All the weapons just feel too similar in BF V. Sure, the other BF had a lot of "useless" weapons, but they also had a ton of attachments and you could make something that suited you and your playstyle. I also really miss helicopters (attack, transport, and scout). They added a lot to the games.

BF V just feels like it's missing a ton of things and it is. We don't even have basic boats and I doubt the Pacific will be anything amazing. The largest playable boat will probably be a PT boat or something small.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Destruction, vehicle gameplays (not tied to killstreaks) and class system will set bf apart. I do worry about the ttk in the new cod. It's always been to short for my likings.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's not necessarily the short TTK that bothers me (I do play ArmA III, Rising Storm 2 and other similar titles where you can be dropped with a single bullet from a lot of weapons. They have even shorter TTK than CoD but they are also a lot slower paced) but the fast twitchy movement and overall gunplay that I find unappealing.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Had a dude in my squad completely miss all his shots with his STG to this guy crouching in front of him. Guy turned out and promptly killed him lol

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
It's not necessarily the short TTK that bothers me (I do play ArmA III, Rising Storm 2 and other similar titles where you can be dropped with a single bullet from a lot of weapons. They have even shorter TTK than CoD but they are also a lot slower paced) but the fast twitchy movement and overall gunplay that I find unappealing.

The lack of 3D spotting and the overall cluttered visual design really puts an emphasis on your setup in terms of monitor size and resolution/clarity. It makes a massive difference in this game, more so than any previous Battlefield.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
CoD's CoD. I'm sure the new Modern Warfare is going to be a nice kick up the arse, but I don't feel it's going to replace Battlefield's Conquest identity of which is absolutely fine in its core form (classes, open maps, mix of gadgets, absence of killstreaks, assortment of vehicles, sandbox-like game design, etc). I might end up enjoying Modern Warfare a lot more than I anticipate, but I'm always going to long for a Battlefield Battlefield.

I can only hope the pressure just means DICE will get the series back on track for next round.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
The long decline of Need For Speed makes me pessimistic about a turnaround. The Bad Company talk seems desperate as well. A modern setting might make the cosmetics more likely to sell at least, which might overcome the content problem.

The next game seems like an incredibly hard sell no matter what, they've burned a lot of people with the live service and the netcode, never mind the actual game.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell is up with the servers? I've been getting a high ping since the new update. My last match had me 145! I used to get 40-35 before.

Seems like a new bug that won't be sorted (crossing fingers) before the next 4.6 patch. I went from 20 to 70 and I don't think that it's just a visual bug but it seems that it's a real server side one as I can see many people lagging and almost no-one under a 50 ping in EU. I can't even believe that this kind of bug on a FPS isn't the top priority and solved within a couple of days. In fact I can't even imagine that it can happen for any AAA game at this point in time...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The only west coast server atm is under pressure or whatever this crap is. It's just fucking horrible. You get rid of actual good modes like Frontlines and Rush then you put this shit in instead. Let's just take Conquest and narrow it down so flanking is impossible. Frontlines and Rush are also meat grinders, but they are fun because they have other elements to them. This playlist just blows. There's nothing fun about just getting killed by a bunch of player lying in rubble.

Also your FPS just fucking tanks. I'm get dips into the 20s because there is so much shit happening in a small area.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
The only west coast server atm is under pressure or whatever this crap is. It's just fucking horrible. You get rid of actual good modes like Frontlines and Rush then you put this shit in instead. Let's just take Conquest and narrow it down so flanking is impossible. Frontlines and Rush are also meat grinders, but they are fun because they have other elements to them. This playlist just blows. There's nothing fun about just getting killed by a bunch of player lying in rubble.

Also your FPS just fucking tanks. I'm get dips into the 20s because there is so much shit happening in a small area.
The worst offender being twisted steel. Nothing but constant blind MMG fire masked in endless amounts of smoke. Hopefully it's fixed with the next update, but until then I think i'm done.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I am a player of both infantry and Tanks, I play battlefield for the multiple approaches you have in one game. I go from medic to recon to tank to plane to support, etc. That's how I like to play, or if the situation is in need of it, I'll stick to one. CoD won't touch that (I THINK, but I'll try it anyways).

I want to try World of Tanks though lol

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I tend to be a rounded player and I'll use whatever I feel like using or is needed.

For BF V, my playtime looks like:

Medic - 3 day and 2 hours
Assault- 2 days and 15 hours
Support- 2 days and 9 hours
Pilot- 1 day and 6 hours
Tanker- 1 day and 5 hours
Recon- 13 hours

Medic has the largest gap because I find the class to be the most useful. Recon on the other hand is only useful for spamming flares and putting down the spawn radio. Fuck Recon, lol.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I tend to be a rounded player and I'll use whatever I feel like using or is needed.

For BF V, my playtime looks like:

Medic - 3 day and 2 hours
Assault- 2 days and 15 hours
Support- 2 days and 9 hours
Pilot- 1 day and 6 hours
Tanker- 1 day and 5 hours
Recon- 13 hours

Medic has the largest gap because I find the class to be the most useful. Recon on the other hand is only useful for spamming flares and putting down the spawn radio. Fuck Recon, lol.

I have learned to be a PTFO recon player. The P08 Carabine helps a lot in that regard, but I love opening paths and taking down MMGs users that blocks the way in Breakthrough and modes like that.

Well, sometimes my aim is not that good but when it is, I know I can help

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really been a fan of the faster gameplay of Call of Duty so I don't know if I'll even like the new one.

Plus, I prefer WWII.

You should really try the new one... It is a LOT slower and nowhere near as twitchy as the old CoD. It feels a lot more tactical and skill based.

As a BF veteran (Been playing since 1942) it feels really weird that my friends and I are actually excited about a CoD again, since we haven't bought one since the original Modern Warfare.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I am a player of both infantry and Tanks, I play battlefield for the multiple approaches you have in one game. I go from medic to recon to tank to plane to support, etc. That's how I like to play, or if the situation is in need of it, I'll stick to one. CoD won't touch that (I THINK, but I'll try it anyways).

I want to try World of Tanks though lol
I haven't paid much attention to World of Tanks, however I see it has/had a reputation for being P2W.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I have learned to be a PTFO recon player. The P08 Carabine helps a lot in that regard, but I love opening paths and taking down MMGs users that blocks the way in Breakthrough and modes like that.

Well, sometimes my aim is not that good but when it is, I know I can help

Spam. Flares.

The flares are the main weapon of the recon. It makes such a massive difference for your blueberries if enemies are lit up by flares or not. It's super OP on congested modes as well. You can win squad conquest easily by just spamming flares out for your teammates to do the dirty work. Bonus points if you have pilots that pay attention, spotting a tank with a flare is like calling in an air strike. Always keep them topped up and ready to go.

The C96 has a burst/full auto mode it looks like from the specialization tree, excited for that as an annoying pathfinder.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Spam. Flares.

The flares are the main weapon of the recon. It makes such a massive difference for your blueberries if enemies are lit up by flares or not. It's super OP on congested modes as well. You can win squad conquest easily by just spamming flares out for your teammates to do the dirty work. Bonus points if you have pilots that pay attention, spotting a tank with a flare is like calling in an air strike. Always keep them topped up and ready to go.

The C96 has a burst/full auto mode it looks like from the specialization tree, excited for that as an annoying pathfinder.

Yeah, spamming flares is the top priority. Also firing enemy flares (elenarie please give us points for that !!!). Sadly Supports of course not always leave their crates so I can keep spamming when pushing on Breaktrough

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
CoD's CoD. I'm sure the new Modern Warfare is going to be a nice kick up the arse, but I don't feel it's going to replace Battlefield's Conquest identity of which is absolutely fine in its core form (classes, open maps, mix of gadgets, absence of killstreaks, assortment of vehicles, sandbox-like game design, etc). I might end up enjoying Modern Warfare a lot more than I anticipate, but I'm always going to long for a Battlefield Battlefield.

I can only hope the pressure just means DICE will get the series back on track for next round.
Competition is always nice. :p Makes us all do better.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Is that a...

giphy.gif

or a....

giphy.gif

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I really really really really really really wish team balance and anti-cheating was in this game.

They probably thought the 'velocity' of players using the MM would fill any gaps so quickly that a mid round balancer wasn't needed. Ultimately, that's incredibly stupid and one is badly needed, along with a more robust scramble function at the end of the round.

The cycle is:
- team loses badly
- round ends
- winning team stays together
- losers leave in frustration
- round starts,
- winners build up big lead before losers team is filled back up
- winners win again, cycle repeats

This simply isn't acceptable in a team-based game after all these years. You don't even need an MMR skill-based system, just a simple auto balance for starters.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
They probably thought the 'velocity' of players using the MM would fill any gaps so quickly that a mid round balancer wasn't needed. Ultimately, that's incredibly stupid and one is badly needed, along with a more robust scramble function at the end of the round.

The cycle is:
- team loses badly
- round ends
- winning team stays together
- losers leave in frustration
- round starts,
- winners build up big lead before losers team is filled back up
- winners win again, cycle repeats

This simply isn't acceptable in a team-based game after all these years. You don't even need an MMR skill-based system, just a simple auto balance for starters.

Exactly, if your team gets stomped you might as well leave right then and there because it's just gonna snowball every single match you play in that lobby.

Then theres the dead lobby problem where games get unbalanced as hell and stay dead never filling up like 20v10 the ENTIRE match.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am really enjoying this game but the performance on RTX 2070 super even with DX11 (1080p) is just awful. I think the performance got worse after the patch :/

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Overall, this game just has poor performance. Which is odd because Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2 both run like a dream.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Yep, exactly what Skade said. I have spent a lot of time shooting them down. It changes many situations. Also, I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it often happens that when the downed time ends and you die, the camera moves in the animation and all, but if there is a flare, you always see the red flare when you die, like a secret advice of why you were killed.

Had some very, very good matches on Squad Conquest in a US server last night, alternated by a super unbalanced match. It went: a bad match, server got crowded, next match got balanced, a great match. It went down until the very last ticket, ending 1.0 or 0-2 tickets. Provence and Lofoten are great SC map. Specially with the SMG buff (Tommy Gun is S-Tier foe hipfire again)

Before that had a Conquest match on Panzerstorm (Brazil Server), were I formed a squad of tanks with strangers. Really fun.

When the game is good, is damn good.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Have you always been able to shoot flares? I admit I haven't played the game since March I think, but I don't recall seeing anyone do it back then.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Have you always been able to shoot flares? I admit I haven't played the game since March I think, but I don't recall seeing anyone do it back then.

Yes,. The thing is that during a period of time, Flares weren't really useful. DICE buffed them and made them an essential tool, specially for modes with defenders and attackers. So, for a time, no one cared enough about them, and people still don't look up to shoot them down

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would give you points for shooting them down, it's hard to tell if I got them or not.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The new gun, Breda M1935 PG.

DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

It's a beast. It's kills in two burst, it can kill in one burst but you need all your shots to hit body or head. I finished the 30 kill assignment on my first round with it. It's really fucking good and a ton of fun to use.

Last edited:

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking about flares : is it me or since the last patch you can hear very clearly flares, even if it's 3 miles away from you ? I'm used to shoot flares down (I don't like to be seen when I'm capping a flag by my own) and always look to the sky when I hear one, except that now the flare sounds very close but in fact can be very far away...

Status
Not open for further replies.