• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, maybe you guys are looking at Wake through the darkened lens of 5.2 but I'll be damned if it isn't the best Conquest map in the game and likely the best iteration of the map in the series.

I really don't see the complaints about how it's too flat or that there is no flow between objectives. I don't get that complaint at all.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, you need things for everyone i guess. I'm an infantry player who prefer to play Conquest on Metro or Marita as the fights there are massive and not scattered around a bit empty map with not sense of frontline whatsoever.

And this Wake is the empitome of small skirmishes scattered around a huge map with no sense of frontline. So obviously, i hate it.

Breakthrough all the way.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but the bigger the map gets, the worse the fights scatter. And thus, if i didn't like the map before, i like it even less now.

Oct 27, 2017
Skill gap is completely destroyed.
Guns are all lasers now, combine that with the snap on aim assist.
Decent players are all turned into gods. I've never been so much insta deleted by people.

Just learning to control the recoil on the weapons and aiming was so good, guns felt powerful also.
The gunplay was the one thing that kept me coming back.. alas thats gone now to.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Saw that there are new outfits for the US (All Weather) and JP Faction (Sunstroke) in the Armory. Bought them with my CC immediately.

We also got a free helmet.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There appear to be 0 community games that are populated enough for a round to start

I guess they had to poop it out in some form before the end of the year to put a checkmark on a spreadsheet?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Breakthrough on Wake Island is so hilariously weighted in favour of the Americans I have no idea how this passed QA.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple of anti-tank kitted Zeroes make short work of the US tanks on Wake Breakthrough.

Sometimes they'll even pile up so you can kill two tanks in one pass.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breakthrough on Wake Island is so hilariously weighted in favour of the Americans I have no idea how this passed QA.

The first two sectors are impossible to hold but I've been in several games on defense where we stopped the americans in the third or fourth. I had a really good one last night were we lost the last point when they had less than 20 tickets left.

All they really need to do is tweak the number of tanks

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I've been in a full hold on the hangar. So second sector i think ?

I personnally think the hardest sectors to defend are the first and the third.

The last sector should be easy if your team is not stupid. Alas, your teammates often seem to don't understand the concept of "defending an objective"..

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I think Wake Island is fine except for the amount of tanks the American side seems to have. It was apparent around the third game in - I knew something was skewed because it was harder to win from the Japan side >_>

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do not like what they did to the fliegerfaust. They should've left it untouched because virtually nobody on my team ever shoots down planes. Including my teammates in planes. Check the scoreboard and this guy with the plane emblem are always 50-0.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
A big part of the problem with Wake is that when players get stomped on that first sector, they'll often react in a less than helpful way
(quit or snipe) and the whole house of cards falls down. I've won it on defence because enough players quit that we had a far better team on the final sector.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Team switching and autobalance should have been a top priority for this game. Has DICE ever commented on why they don't have this basic yet required feature?
A basic feature that has been in every other BATTLEFIELD game? No.

Lmao at the TTK revert, how embarassing for DICE

At least I van finally play wake island!
Thank god for the reversion. Being outgunned by medics at most ranges was just ugh and the auto-spotting just blew my mind with how terrible it was.

the game desperately desperately needs a CTE for them to test on.
did they revert the ttk changes or the entire 5.2 patch fixes?

You do realize they didn't revert the TTK right? The TTK now is basically the same TTK that they tried to implement a year ago that everyone complained about... They basically took that change, bumped it up to 11 for 5.2, then when the community raged, they brought it back down to last years TTK change.

They finally got the TTK that they tried implementing last year.

The fact that DICE ignored their promise to not mess with TTK despite heavy assurance it won't happen again just screams to me they don't care to listen
I don't think the DICE developers are the ones behind the changes. Obviously they are making them, but it isn't their call (I would hope).

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017

I find statements like this sort of problematic in the sense that a single person might just have won/lost a lot of games on some map or mode by chance instead of it being a balancing issue. For example, I haven't even seen the last Breakthrough sector yet because the Americans have lost every single BT match I have played on Wake Island. You might very well be correct, but someone with actual data and not anecdotal evidence might get a better idea. Judging by DICE's actions since BF5's release, I'm not very confident that data will be put to good use though lol.

I am having the same issue with Wake Island that I had with all other maps since launch except for Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm: If they release just a single map, it becomes boring after a few rounds making me lose interest. Of course I like that the maps are free, even though we had to pay for it with immersion-breaking cosmetics, but the way they are drip feeding them actually makes me engage with the game less versus if they release a "pack" every few months. I would have guessed it to be the other way around if you had asked me before BF5's sad excuse for a "live service" started.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
DICE does not have QA.

I'm sure they have one, but that's certainly 64 Dice guys playing with comms as a real team/squad and PTFO ; this makes matches completely different from what you have in real life when you play solo or just with a few friends and a majority of randoms.

That's why CTE is important, because it gives data based on real people playing, not some kind of ideal situation that never happens in real lfe.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been in a full hold on the hangar. So second sector i think ?

I personnally think the hardest sectors to defend are the first and the third.

The last sector should be easy if your team is not stupid. Alas, your teammates often seem to don't understand the concept of "defending an objective"..

Yeah I got the 2nd and 3rd switched in my mind. Hangar is pretty defensible

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
I am gonna stop here with BF5.
Well played Dice (or whoever makes these dumb decisions). You just lost another faithful fan to...who exactly?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Reading through some recent comments, I can't get a clear picture, but is this game worth diving into? I'm looking for a new multiplayer focused title and aside from Modern Warfare, this was the only other one to jump into my mind. Yay? Nay?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Reading through some recent comments, I can't get a clear picture, but is this game worth diving into? I'm looking for a new multiplayer focused title and aside from Modern Warfare, this was the only other one to jump into my mind. Yay? Nay?

It was before the latest update, probably still is worth checking out if you can get it for cheap. They butchered the game's best feature though (it's gunplay).

Dec 20, 2017

It is, you can get the game cheap and have a lot of fun with it. People are mostly overreacting now that they've gone and undone the biggest fuck ups from the previous patch.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
No... Get BF1 or BF4 if you're looking for a good BATTLEFIELD game.

They literally just completely revamped the Time To Kill and butchered the gun play over a year after releasing the game. This change was also made 2 weeks after having a "Free to Play" weekend, where people bought the game enjoying the old gameplay, then they changed it on them.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's the best Battlefield game this generation (way better than BF4 and BF1), especially with the Pacific content.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, JP can win on Wake Island BT if you stall them on the last sector long enough. Especially if you took out all their tanks. However, it only works if your team isn't full of dumbasses who don't defend the point and choose to be a sniper outside the area.
Hachi wrecks in the last sector.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's the best Battlefield game this generation (way better than BF4 and BF1), especially with the Pacific content.
Is this a serious comment? I honestly can't tell...

If you want more proof that it is a terrible idea to get it, just look how happy the fans are.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Why are there no bombers available on any of these pacific maps? The stock planes are worthless to start off with.

Maps like Wake and Iwo Jima would be balanced just a bit better with bomber coverage.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
No... Get BF1 or BF4 if you're looking for a good BATTLEFIELD game.

They literally just completely revamped the Time To Kill and butchered the gun play over a year after releasing the game. This change was also made 2 weeks after having a "Free to Play" weekend, where people bought the game enjoying the old gameplay, then they changed it on them.
The gunplay in BF1 is godawful.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
The unlock progression on the small planes seems to take FOREVER.
Open to suggestions to speed that part up.

SW: BF2 has been GREAT lately.

Starting out you just gotta get points where you can. Shoot at planes, boats, infantry. Just doing damage gives you points. Then go left-hand side for first 2 so u can get the explosive machine guns, the you can generally get a kill or 2 each pass on infantry before you gotta pull up and go back to base to repair. Look for people sitting on those stationary weapon batteries, they are easy pickings. Then as you go down, cross over to the flame bombs as those are easy to rack up points with. Spotting flares when you can get them too. Easy points to finish the upgrades.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
And I think recently they re-added the feature where they damage enemy vehicles. I wish there was also a way to "de-construct" fortifications without spending explosives.

Yes, sorry, that's what happened--I sneaked up on a gun carrier on Aerodrome and taught it a lesson in respect.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I'm surprised there is no way to spend a good chunk of points to fully fortify a base instantly
I'm sad the fortress mode is not more common. It was so much fun, particularly when taking turns on attack/defend. I feel like each large map setting can support a couple of smaller fortress instances that can provide short active game times like squad conquest does.