• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
During WW1, there were many disfigurements and many people who faught and had their face disfigured had masks and covers put over their faces most tailored to the type of disfigurement they were inflicted. Some had them painted to their skin colour, some were fine with having it white. The guy with the mask is high ranked considering the early stage that BFV represents of the war, so the mask is not very far fetched at all. Ever see Richard Harrow in Boardwalk Empire?

th

The female fighter is clearly partisan French who wore what they could to cover up and blend in. Jackets aren't out of place at all.

Sniper+resistance

2660196_3098035c.jpg

reisistance.jpg

wwii-female-fighters-5.jpg

As for the guy in the Xmas outfit. I got nothing. It's just fucking stupid.
xmoddriqhz541.jpg

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
During WW1, there were many disfigurements and many people who faught and had their face disfigured had masks and covers put over their faces most tailored to the type of disfigurement they were inflicted. Some had them painted to their skin colour, some were fine with having it white. The guy with the mask is high ranked considering the early stage that BFV represents of the war, so the mask is not very far fetched at all. Ever see Richard Harrow in Boardwalk Empire?

th

The female fighter is clearly partisan French who wore what they could to cover up and blend in. Jackets aren't out of place at all.
You'll want to reply to Avitus with the photos of French partisans. I called that image out because she's the most normal looking soldier out of the three, and her inclusion was almost certainly because she's a woman, rather than an outlandish outfit. It's like if you took three male operators from R6S, and compared them to three others to say "look at how absurd these other three look": Doc in his Halloween costume, Capitao in his cowboy outfit, and Ash in her regular FBI SWAT fatigues.

Also, I'm aware of the masks and such, however, just because they exist doesn't mean they don't stick out like a prosthetic arm on the battlefield. With a massive handicap like that, I don't wager someone with half his face would be fighting on a WWII. Certainly not on the front lines, anyway.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Question:

Most OP weapon in Battlefield history?

From the top of my head if I remember correctly there was a stint during BFBC2 where the M60 was basically an Omnipotent being, it was outperforming snipers and shotguns at respective ranges never mind semi-autos and other LMGs. I don't think a single patch ever made it not the best gun, just slightly less monstrous.

Probably the USAS-12 with frag rounds in BF3 before it was nerfed. That thing was the stuff of nightmares for a while.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
After putting in a good 6+ hours into the game after the hot fix this weekend I still can't get over the TTK changes.

There are just too many moments where at range my guns turn to pea shooters and I know my skill/accuracy should've taken an enemy down.

Also with zero team balancer leading to humiliating matches, this just saps my enthusiasm to play more going into 2020.

Wake island alone is not enough for me to grit my teeth through such a sub par BF experience. It was all good a month ago, I'm still in shock DICE tanked their own game again like this lol.

I'll be returning to Titanfall 2 for my MP fix, it's a totally different shooter but my fun is more consistent there.

Same place I'm at, but not just for the TTK but the recoil changes as well. Everytime I try to jump and and just shoot some stuff which this game was my go-to for a long time, I just can't get over how terrible the guns feel now and quit out. They destroyed the best thing about their game.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
You'll want to reply to Avitus with the photos of French partisans. I called that image out because she's the most normal looking soldier out of the three, and her inclusion was almost certainly because she's a woman, rather than an outlandish outfit.

Partisans are not regular line infantry. They purposefully look like civilians to blend in. It's not outlandish to say that's probably not a good idea in your military shooter, which is what the picture is invoking. It's not because she is a woman. It's a baity argument you used to call out other OT participants (I have no idea why) while simultaneously invoking your 'anti-fan' no true Scotsman. We can have a conversation about art styles without claiming sexism.

I thought we were going to get resistance based maps given that DICE talked a lot about the 'unseen' battles of WW2 but that never happened sadly.

It's like if you took three male operators from R6S, and compared them to three others to say "look at how absurd these other three look": Doc in his Halloween costume, Capitao in his cowboy outfit, and Ash in her regular FBI SWAT fatigues.

Siege doesn't depict regular front line infantry and never has. It has always veered into the absurd/over the top territory with cosmetics because it makes sense for that game. It's a game that has always striven to have a good gender balance and in which the female operators are some of the most loved, both in function and often with the best cosmetics. It's also the best live game around. BFV could learn a thing or two.

Probably the USAS-12 with frag rounds in BF3 before it was nerfed. That thing was the stuff of nightmares for a while.

It was like having a BMP in your arms, just terrific. Even better if your entire squad used it.

alpha/beta STG for BFV is up there though.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Partisans are not regular line infantry. They purposefully look like civilians to blend in. It's not outlandish to say that's probably not a good idea in your military shooter, which is what the picture is invoking. It's not because she is a woman. It's a baity argument you used to call out other OT participants (I have no idea why) while simultaneously invoking your 'anti-fan' no true Scotsman. We can have a conversation about art styles without claiming sexism.
You're giving the person who made that image a lot of credit when it's really damn obvious (given the community's reaction towards female soldiers) that their complaint was not about a person in plainclothes fighting on the frontlines.

Occam's razor, my friend. You need not complicate this further.

EDIT: Since I'm at a computer now.
Siege doesn't depict regular front line infantry and never has. It has always veered into the absurd/over the top territory with cosmetics because it makes sense for that game. It's a game that has always striven to have a good gender balance and in which the female operators are some of the most loved, both in function and often with the best cosmetics. It's also the best live game around. BFV could learn a thing or two.
Battlefield has never depicted realistic infantry combat. It's always relished in the absurd in spite of the equipment used being grounded in reality. Soldiers didn't wear metal armor from head to toe and lug around a machine gun in a chainsaw grip, they didn't scramble from the driver's seat of a bomber to the gunner mid-flight, and they certainly didn't use burst-fire submachine guns. Not to mention ornate firearms, silly skins for tanks and airplanes, and so on.

Hell, Battlefield 1942, 2, and 4 all had expansion packs dedicated to silly if not completely outrageous technologies. Grappling hooks and ziplines used on the frontlines? Hover tanks and drop pod launchers? Jetpacks? Battlefield is no stranger to the silly. I have tons of complaints to direct towards DICE regarding this game, especially considering how 5.2 completely killed my enthusiasm to play past earning the BAR, but while I'll roll my eyes when I see a hooded Nazi serial killer running around on the shores of Japan, I'll do the same damn thing when I see Frost in the Halloween costume that gives her a demonic gaping maw.

Last edited:

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Personally i don't thonk new TTK is that bad.

You can't really compare SMG vs Assault rifles. Assault rifles are more for medium/long range while SMG are more suitable for closer range. And that's it.Its more realistic. Its like comparing MP5 vs M4A1. You can't shoot and deal damage with MP5 on long range like you can do with M4, SCAR or any other assault rifle. I don't know what's the big fuss about the update, because people always used medic to be able to have infinite amount of bandages and on top of that to be able to kill enemy on long range with SMG just like if they have an assault rifle?

Im sorry but i just think assault rifles SHOULD be better than SMG on medium/long range.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018

You can't really compare SMG vs Assault rifles. Assault rifles are more for medium/long range while SMG are more suitable for closer range. And that's it.Its more realistic. Its like comparing MP5 vs M4A1. You can't shoot and deal damage with MP5 on long range like you can do with M4, SCAR or any other assault rifle. I don't know what's the big fuss about the update, because people always used medic to be able to have infinite amount of bandages and on top of that to be able to kill enemy on long range with SMG just like if they have an assault rifle?

Im sorry but i just think assault rifles SHOULD be better than SMG on medium/long range.
I agree. I'm still having a blast and my KD has not changed. I'm still using my favorite weapons and having a good time.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In theory, a rebalancing could have been fine. The problem is that they fucked it up in so many ways.

They wanted to make more guns viable but fewer guns (in the SMG/LMG/MMG groups) are now viable.

They reduced recoil and reduced damage when they should have increased recoil and left damage alone, or at most slightly decreased it. If hitting people across the map was such a problem, why did they turn the guns into laser beams?

They said they were going to tweak specializations. ONE gun got a specialization change.

They also added auto spotting, auto aim on consoles (without announcing it), and a bunch of bugs which just annoyed everyone.

5.2.2 undid some of the damage but the game still feels less fun to play than 5.0. The fact that they rolled so much of it back so quickly (particularly autospotting), makes me believe they aren't planning or testing these changes in any meaningful way.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Oh man, I remember roaming Metro with that thing.
The fuck is an anti-fan?

Pretty sure I dislike the art style in BFV because character models are often a jumbled, unrecognizable mess compared to BF1. Probably why they added auto spotting.
BFV's character models glow in the dark.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every game of Wake Island breakthrough I've played has ended up with the attacking team stuck at the last point, lol. Just had another game where we got steamrolled to our last point and the attacking team had like 500 tickets left but we just slowly drained them and won the game.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it is just a skeleton crew on BFV, but I wonder what DICE is working on, it must be BC3... It is the only way they could sell another BF game and expect decent sales after BFV.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it is just a skeleton crew on BFV, but I wonder what DICE is working on, it must be BC3... It is the only way they could sell another BF game and expect decent sales after BFV.

With the next game launching in 2021, probably September - November 2021 (the last several BFs launched in these months), DICE probably has a crew working on a PS5 and Xbox Series X patch for BFV & a crew working on new DLC, no?

But be it BC3 or Battlefield 6 I hope we go back to the modern era.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
BFV probably would have done fine if it shipped in the state it was right before 5.2.

Commander mode in BF6 sure would be nice.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Wake Island has Americans offshore? I remember the glory of invading with Japanese destroyers and landing boats bypassing the shore guns to land anywhere on the island.

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. It would have been nice for....

Huh. I can't recall if there is a map where breakthrough has Japanese attacking and Americans defending. If DICE could give us a map of that, please do.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Wasn't understating the amazing shot part. This is what I meant way back with the first TTK change that skilled players won't be bothered while bad ones will find it terrible. That should've been 4 headshots since the guy was practically standing still. Higher TTK, aim and tracking becomes more important -> skill ceiling increases. It mainly benefits bad players up against other bad players if your goal is to increase their survivability.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I shouldn't be surprised by this but the 40,000 points as a squad ToW thing is bugged/broken.

Last week the "as a squad" orders required you to be squad leader. I would guess it's the same this week. These are such easy things to test and fix and they affect most of the active player base but here we are, week after week the simple things remain broken despite people reporting them over and over again.

This week I'm finally realizing that BF V is no longer fun to play most of the time. My K/D remains the same, I still win and lose the same fights as I did previously but the fights lack fun now. They take too long and too often either side can bail out never to be seen again even after taking 5+ hits. 2vs1 is auto-lose with many weapons even if the enemy barely manages to hit you because you simply run out of bullets with two targets. Last year this game was pretty much my GOTY and I kept playing it through 2019 but what to do now..

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like it is even harder to do anything against far-away tanks now in Breakthrough. Never going to hit PIAT for 100m+, and even long-range arc-ing faust shots do something like 12 damage. AT Rifles are the only way to deal with medium-long range tanks as the infantry now.

Fliegerfaust is also kind of crappy now. That far-away shot is 99% luck, because you literally have to guess where the plane is going to be in 4 seconds. And now you need 3 close-up shots to take it down, so the planes can divebomb two fliegerfaust users.

Dice doesn't feel like communicating about the future updates? Still "learning" how to run a service game I see.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wake Island has Americans offshore? I remember the glory of invading with Japanese destroyers and landing boats bypassing the shore guns to land anywhere on the island.

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. It would have been nice for....

Huh. I can't recall if there is a map where breakthrough has Japanese attacking and Americans defending. If DICE could give us a map of that, please do.
Americans should be defending imo. That's how bf1942 and 1943(?) was. But modeling IJN carriers and etc..
Playing BFV right now feels very tedious. lol
yeah agreed.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Americans should be defending imo. That's how bf1942 and 1943(?) was. But modeling IJN carriers and etc..

yeah agreed.

It's fine if they want wake island to be configured the way it is. But we will be seeing Japanese attack right? (It's a rhetorical question)

I really do hope there's a attack breakthrough for Japanese. Imagine a Japanese banzai attack.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Last week the "as a squad" orders required you to be squad leader. I would guess it's the same this week. These are such easy things to test and fix and they affect most of the active player base but here we are, week after week the simple things remain broken despite people reporting them over and over again.

This week I'm finally realizing that BF V is no longer fun to play most of the time. My K/D remains the same, I still win and lose the same fights as I did previously but the fights lack fun now. They take too long and too often either side can bail out never to be seen again even after taking 5+ hits. 2vs1 is auto-lose with many weapons even if the enemy barely manages to hit you because you simply run out of bullets with two targets. Last year this game was pretty much my GOTY and I kept playing it through 2019 but what to do now..
Grab a bolt rifle and start popping heads. Only way to max out the skill ceiling.

Oct 27, 2017
Grab a bolt rifle and start popping heads. Only way to max out the skill ceiling.

Sniper is fun, probably the most fun in the game as infantry... but it is quite pointless? I like sniping from the far with Krag Jorgenson or whatever, and using AT Rifle in more close maps for the satisfying punch.

You are playing against other snipers only because nobody can "snipe" you from the far. Also, you need like 3 kills/min to become relevant as far as contribution to the Breakthrough goes. Zergs seem to win the rounds in Breakthrough, and being a sniper doesn't contribute to the bodymass that is constantly healed by medics. Average medic > Good Sniper

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day where I'd ever consider BF over COD. But here I am playing BFV because I refuse to purchase MW.

I also haven't played since the ttk change a couple weeks ago, but even if that state I still had more fun than that trash bag that is MW.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day where I'd ever consider BF over COD. But here I am playing BFV because I refuse to purchase MW.

I also haven't played since the ttk change a couple weeks ago, but even if that state I still had more fun than that trash bag that is MW.
BF have always been better than CoD, don't quote me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BF have always been better than CoD, don't quote me.

Both franchises have always been a mixed bag since Black Ops 2 and Bad Company 2 days. But everything after BO2 I really couldn't stand CoD...until BO4. That's a good 6 years ago I was just meh on the franchise. But I was optimistic again. I felt the high school joy of playing CoD. Then I played MW2019 and remembered all the frustrations of why I put that damned franchise down for 6 years. Maybe IW is just overrated and the pedestal they got put on because CoD4 started becoming apparent all too late.

Immediately went back to Battlefield 5.

The feel is buttery smooth but my ideal Battelfield is still in the same vein as Bad Company. I just want a part 3, but with 64 players at 60 FPS.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Sniper is fun, probably the most fun in the game as infantry... but it is quite pointless? I like sniping from the far with Krag Jorgenson or whatever, and using AT Rifle in more close maps for the satisfying punch.

You are playing against other snipers only because nobody can "snipe" you from the far. Also, you need like 3 kills/min to become relevant as far as contribution to the Breakthrough goes. Zergs seem to win the rounds in Breakthrough, and being a sniper doesn't contribute to the bodymass that is constantly healed by medics. Average medic > Good Sniper
You don't snipe from afar if you want to win. You run the Pathfinder specialization and hit them close.

It's also good for suppression. People don't like to poke their head out when they hear sniper bullets cracking around them.

Oct 27, 2017
You don't snipe from afar if you want to win. You run the Pathfinder specialization and hit them close.

It's also good for suppression. People don't like to poke their head out when they hear sniper bullets cracking around them.

I don't have skills to duel someone as a sniper in close to medium range. I would kill faster with assault rifle in that scenario, or Jungle Carbine. + the utility from medic is far too valuable compared to imaginary suppression from sniper.

This game is trash, literally the tank balance went to shit. Half of breakthrough maps were asymmetrical, with 1-4 tanks for the attackers, and now Faust = AT Rifle... Aerodrome is some much fun with 4 tanks without any planes or AT gun emplacements, just 8-12 damage Fausts to defend against. One engineer can out-repair 3 assaults shooting fausts at it.

Get fucked, why are we here?

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't have skills to duel someone as a sniper in close to medium range. I would kill faster with assault rifle in that scenario, or Jungle Carbine. + the utility from medic is far too valuable compared to imaginary suppression from sniper.

This game is trash, literally the tank balance went to shit. Half of breakthrough maps were asymmetrical, with 1-4 tanks for the attackers, and now Faust = AT Rifle... Aerodrome is some much fun with 4 tanks without any planes or AT gun emplacements, just 8-12 damage Fausts to defend against. One engineer can out-repair 3 assaults shooting fausts at it.

Get fucked, why are we here?
Pathfinder means you can spawn on other player's beacons and vice versa, which is crucial for Breakthrough. Otherwise everyone is stuck hoofing it across open ground. Medics can't really deal with defenders camping with rifles and MMGs in that scenario because they're out ranged so someone else has to provide covering fire.

Medics are make or break once the team is actually on the flag but someone has to get there first.

edit: The jungle carbine is stupid good so maybe medics aren't outranged right now. Balance has never been DICE's strong point.

Oct 27, 2017
Pathfinder means you can spawn on other player's beacons and vice versa, which is crucial for Breakthrough. Otherwise everyone is stuck hoofing it across open ground. Medics can't really deal with defenders camping with rifles and MMGs in that scenario because they're out ranged so someone else has to provide covering fire.

Medics are make or break once the team is actually on the flag but someone has to get there first.

edit: The jungle carbine is stupid good so maybe medics aren't outranged right now. Balance has never been DICE's strong point.

Don't you have to be a squad-leader to use other people's beacons?

Medics have smoke. You just smoke whoever is annoying you with long range fire or tanks.

And yeah, those Jungle Carbines are crazy good, especially against MMGs because of close-medium range one headshot kill. Plus you can easily duel snipers due to unlimited health, so you can take a bodyshot every 5 seconds or something (and to lesser extend, all the people around you).

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Don't you have to be a squad-leader to use other people's beacons?

Medics have smoke. You just smoke whoever is annoying you with long range fire or tanks.

And yeah, those Jungle Carbines are crazy good, especially against MMGs because of close-medium range one headshot kill. Plus you can easily duel snipers due to unlimited health, so you can take a bodyshot every 5 seconds or something (and to lesser extend, all the people around you).
No, Pathfinder scout can spawn on any friendly beacon. Not sure if the perk still allows you to spawn on any squad leader. I'm guessing no.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Aggresive/PTFO Sniper was amazing. Running Trench Carbine with Pathfinder Specialization before 5.2 was ridiculously fun.

Pathfinder lets you spawn on only friendly Spawn Beacon.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My god the Type 97 unlock this week is pure trash. Absolutely useless as an MG - it does so little damage most of my targets have time to turn around 180 and kill me.

There really is no point using anything other than jungle carbine, stg, and sniper rifles is there. I'm only about 30 hours played and already have all gold Jungle Carbine parts. lol.

Also planes and tanks are so unbalanced. Like a decent pilot is just fucking unstoppable now. I don't even bother trying to shoot them down. Tanks just constantly park themselves in the back as artillery with no way to kill them because panzerfausts do like 8 damage. Smh.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone mined for upcoming weapons/maps/vehicles? I haven't been paying much attention to the rumor mill about upcoming content.

I'm generally pretty lenient with regards to battlefield, going as far back as bad company. Even when I haven't liked some updates, if the core gameplay is fun to me, I can overlook it. This latest update for V though is really draining the fun. Every encounter, but especially against a tank or upgraded plane, takes far too long. I find I die the same as before but now have to work twice as hard to get as many kills as before. My play style isn't even really effected it's literally just the amount of damage I have to dole out has increased to the point where, outside of a couple of guns, you have to dump so many more bullets or rockets into an opponent that it takes away the "fun" of the moment to moment gameplay