• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
This is depressing, was going to get this as MW is absolutely dog shit. Maybe time to go back to Apex.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine giving DICE more money at this point. They bulldozed over the community and released the worst patch in recent franchise memory, then left it to fester over the holidays. Twice, with the same game.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
My god the Type 97 unlock this week is pure trash. Absolutely useless as an MG - it does so little damage most of my targets have time to turn around 180 and kill me.

There really is no point using anything other than jungle carbine, stg, and sniper rifles is there. I'm only about 30 hours played and already have all gold Jungle Carbine parts. lol.
It's very accurate and strong if you aim it right. This thread is so whiny about... well everything.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The pilots on my team are usually ass while the pilots on the other team are really good 3/4 of the time. Thats probably not the case but it sure feels like that. Even I play as a pilot, most of my wingmen usually play solo

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The pilots on my team are usually ass while the pilots on the other team are really good 3/4 of the time. Thats probably not the case but it sure feels like that. Even I play as a pilot, most of my wingmen usually play solo

The Pacific planes are balanced terribly. If someone takes the fighter variant they just melt you, there is no dodging. It's also very easy to spawn camp the runways and I even had someone in the white corsair camp the air spawn on Wake. I have no idea why they let you see the 'class' of the other team so it's easy for an attentive pilot to count how many enemy planes are up.

The Corsair should be faster, with more acceleration and weight. The Zero should turn tighter. Instead they're just mirrored. It's incredibly boring.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The Pacific planes are balanced terribly. If someone takes the fighter variant they just melt you, there is no dodging. It's also very easy to spawn camp the runways and I even had someone in the white corsair camp the air spawn on Wake. I have no idea why they let you see the 'class' of the other team so it's easy for an attentive pilot to count how many enemy planes are up.

The Corsair should be faster, with more acceleration and weight. The Zero should turn tighter. Instead they're just mirrored. It's incredibly boring.
There is no real way to counter the Planes anymore ever since they nerfed the FF super hard last patch. Back then, it was all careful play with the Planes since there was usually a bunch of people armed with them. But now? Planes can easily dive bomb with no real fear. All the Pacific Maps are practically dominated by them now

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's fine, next BF will probably be back to present and have all that heat seekers shit, I hated it but kinda miss it now.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The FF wasn't that bad once you learned the distance. Just right now, only saw 1 person try to use a FF on me the entire round

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
There is no real way to counter the Planes anymore ever since they nerfed the FF super hard last patch. Back then, it was all careful play with the Planes since there was usually a bunch of people armed with them. But now? Planes can easily dive bomb with no real fear. All the Pacific Maps are practically dominated by them now
As bad of a pilot as I am, even I was able to get good score and very good K/D ratio at the release of the Pacific content, cf post like this one :
Just unlocked incendiary bombs, first ( and only atm ) round with it :

1572730164-battlefield-v-screenshot-2019-11-02-22-16-50-47-copy.png

So... yeah safe to say I still really don't feel bad for pilots just because infantry now has the Fliegerfaust. ^^"

edit : and that still wasn't enough to get that plane to lvl 6 -_-"
And that was when they didn't have bomb reticle and the FF was both stronger and at it's peak usage/popularity because of how recent it's release was.
The idea that those planes ( with better unlock tree than the existing OP plane ) got a buff and the FF got nerfed, is laughable.... yet completely unsurprising since I was expecting as much before it was even released .. :
Can't wait to enjoy it for a few weeks, before they ultimately nerf it to the ground so that planes again have no decent counter other than planes.
That's just Dice being Dice.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The FF wasn't that bad once you learned the distance. Just right now, only saw 1 person try to use a FF on me the entire round

Used to reliably hit for 90 and force me to go repair on pretty much every attack run. Now I might get dinged for 30 a couple times a match but they more or less don't exist, even if your plane is running roughshod over the enemy team. I popped the same armor player's tank about 5 times in a row and he raged in chat, busted out the fleiger, but could do nothing about me.

The 40mms are very good but they need 1 more per stage/more per map/towables to really deter planes, otherwise it's easy to just drop bombs on their foreheads.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
planes are ez mode. you 1 shot tanks and can care free fly in a straight line into an aa firing directly at you and 1 shot them too.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
It's ridiculously easy to destroy every tank on the Pacific with the Planes. I loved playing Tanker on the Pacific, but constantly dying to the 500 lb Bomb Spam just ruins the enjoyment. Plane Counters only work when our pilots are moderately good since the other team pilots are usually really good too.

Oct 27, 2017
Used to reliably hit for 90 and force me to go repair on pretty much every attack run. Now I might get dinged for 30 a couple times a match but they more or less don't exist, even if your plane is running roughshod over the enemy team. I popped the same armor player's tank about 5 times in a row and he raged in chat, busted out the fleiger, but could do nothing about me.

The 40mms are very good but they need 1 more per stage/more per map/towables to really deter planes, otherwise it's easy to just drop bombs on their foreheads.

Will never understand how I can lose to the plane sitting in the anti-air turret, which sole purpose is to counter air units. I can hit all the shots, but the plane will still pass through killing me and then going for repairs.

FF needs some close range damage buff. FF gets the old damage on the super close range (against low flying planes and divebombs), and decaying to the current damage model based on the distance.

Either way, this entire situation is because both planes and tanks are solo machines, empowering the players far beyond what the infantry can do, and requiring multiple people to kill them. You can heal, bomb, strafe and dogfight all in the same airplane alone. Vehicles are also faster, and you get jack shit for hitting them so you are wasting time when it comes to harassing vehicles compared to hitting infantry. This is not healthy for the balance of the game, and it is not fun.

Multi-crew vehicles were much more balanced, and they were fun.

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally chose Smoke on the Corsair and I cant respec back to Instant Repair till I hit Rank 6. rip

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love flying in the Pacific. Its satisfying to one-shot tanks with the 2x500lbs (especially the rocket tanks) and kill AA from max altitude because of the blast radius of the 2x500lbs. As long as I am careful the only thing I need to worry about is other planes.

Oct 27, 2017
So we all can agree the new patch makes this game feel like hot garbage, right?

I haven't played enough to come to any conclusions myself. I doubt everyone is playing every weapon, so whoever was playing the most nerfed weapons are probably unhappy. However was playing snipers got the buff. Plane pilots must be happy with nerfed FF, tank drivers might appreciate 8 damage Faust supanerf. It all depends on perspective.

However, I think that this patch failed to do anything meaningful. It just shuffled some cards and all of the BFV problems persist. Plus, the cherry on top is DICE ragequitting the chat because community didn't appreciate the patch.

An observation on Xbox chart: the game was hovering around 20-25th spot as most played, but it dropped to 35th after the Wake Island hype worn off. Safe to make the conclusion that the patch drove players away.

edit: I have migrated motherboards, most games are abandoned, but I don't feel like I have any more patience left. During the last week I have encountered cannot-respawn bugs, two cheaters and one game with 10+ clan members on the same team. That cannot-respawn bug is the 5.2 "exclusive", or something born in the late November.

Wake Island isn't a fun map. I have no nostalgia, enlisten only from BF4. The map is weak and because it is so long and narrow, it is quite brutal being powerless against tanks.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I haven't played enough to come to any conclusions myself. I doubt everyone is playing every weapon, so whoever was playing the most nerfed weapons are probably unhappy. However was playing snipers got the buff. Plane pilots must be happy with nerfed FF, tank drivers might appreciate 8 damage Faust supanerf. It all depends on perspective.

However, I think that this patch failed to do anything meaningful. It just shuffled some cards and all of the BFV problems persist. Plus, the cherry on top is DICE ragequitting the chat because community didn't appreciate the patch.

An observation on Xbox chart: the game was hovering around 20-25th spot as most played, but it dropped to 35th after the Wake Island hype worn off. Safe to make the conclusion that the patch drove players away.

Yeah...playercounts shouldn't be dropping around the holiday season. Something went horribly wrong.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Two new common cosmetic sets for Japan (Squall) and US (Trooper). Man, these look nice and distinct compared to the British and Germans. Especially the Trooper skin for US.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Yeah...playercounts shouldn't be dropping around the holiday season. Something went horribly wrong.

In South Africa, BF 3 and 4 always had at least 6 or 7 full servers at their peak.

BF V manages maybe 1 server with 50 or so people in it on a Friday night.

People just aren't interested any more. They are all playing CoD because there is an actual community there

medyej

Oct 26, 2017

Just finally uninstalled a minute ago. They ruined their own game. They took the one feature that was universally loved and butchered it and refuse to revert it out of sheer stubbornness.

Jokes on me for defending this game for an entire year through all the bullshit controversies.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I gave up and uninstalled the game. Needed the HD space and to be frank, theres no point in waiting for a patch to fix shit, its tiring waiting for them to rollback. Positively Ive got the space to install Battlefront 2.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone gave me his BF5 copy and played a couple of games.

The gunplay is incredibly floaty. It's like your gun literally just floats up a bit while shooting. It doesn't seem to react to the individual bullets you're actually shooting. Maybe I'm spoiled by the incredible gunplay of MW, but this feels very cheap. And there is something very off about the art direction. It's not the graphics itself, but the art direction. The game is somehow both realistic and cartoony. Especially the way the guns look is very off. There is just something about it that gives me some sort of uncanny valley feeling.

Even though I had some fun those couple of games, I uninstalled it because 120GB on a base PS4 HDD is an absolute stranglehold if I wish to play other games as well.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
the game is on a sad place right now. yesterday i died 6 times on a row trying to kill a 41-1 player on tank. when i finally did it i logged off. also played an entire match just harassing planes and trying to stop them going 77-2. this is no fun. you could say that i could stop caring about them but you constantly get fired bombed from the air or sniped with a shell so its not like i can forget about them.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine, next BF will probably be back to present and have all that heat seekers shit, I hated it but kinda miss it now.
It's funny, one of the things I used to find irritating about Call of Duty was how you could easily lock onto a UAV or something and let loose with a rocket, no real effort required. It made the secondary slot feel agonizing, since you either went with a pistol or something (useful in a pinch but not typically as a primary weapon) which meant you'd forgo being able to help your whole team in favor of a decidedly more selfish option (which was unrewarding and uninteresting to use, but extremely helpful to the team). This has remained a problem with the games from MW2 where lock-on launchers were introduced, to the MW2019 where there's three different lock-on launchers to choose from.

But in CoD WWII, you had dumbfire rockets only. Recon planes would fly low, but you had to understand their trajectory in order to make sure the rockets would be on-target. Not to mention launchers were extremely useful in War mode for demolishing fortifications and halting enemy tanks on a push. It was incredible how the shift to a WWII setting helped make launchers feel like they had a purpose beyond being fire-and-forget weapons.

I remain puzzled as to how recoilless rifles and their ilk have never really felt like they found a niche in BFV. I'm not even sure how to feel about the tank changes and how launchers were impacted. Nothing about them feels right to me, and I can't put my finger on it.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Every time there's some Battlefield fuck up I swear I'm throwing in the towel on DICE. Battlefield 4's launch almost did it, but Battlefield 1 launched well and the beta seemed very stable so I was sold.

After this gen though I'm done with the launch day stuff. DICE got my confidence back with Battlefield 1 and Battlefront, but Battlefront II, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and now Battlefield V has me tapping out of the launch window. It'll take the word's greatest beta to sway me back over.

BFV isn't anywhere near bad enough to make me abandon Battlefield, but the ball has been dropped too many times now and I just can't trust the next project to launch free of issues, whether they be technical or design or whatever else. Hoping my cynicism is utterly unjustified come Battlefield 6, but yeah. Series needs a break.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, I can't really see what the problem is with the new patch. It feels a bit different but not much, still earning around 2:1 KD so it's business as usual. I guess it's the Support guns hit hardest but it's probably my least played class these days anyway; Medic and Assault still wreck from my experience.

Just looking forward to that next pacific map now! I guess it's coming within the next 3 weeks based on the length of the chapter?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, think i'm close to uninstall the game as well. Everything feels off now when i play...

Maybe i'll try Battlefront 2, to see how it is.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, think i'm close to uninstall the game as well. Everything feels off now when i play...

Maybe i'll try Battlefront 2, to see how it is.
It's kinda shocking how SWBF2 managed to go from astoundingly bad to incredibly good, whereas BFV launched in a mediocre and unfinished state (which was otherwise inoffensive, I suppose) and each subsequent update shifted the game's quality in peaks and valleys. No consistency, ever.

I wish we could go back to patch 5.0, where BFV was on the uptick, and it seemed like DICE was ready to reel things back in.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything they've done with SWBF2 is like lipstick on a pig. The game was doomed the moment they dropped the gunplay and loadout diversity from the 2015 game. SWBF2 is a bad game at its core.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It's kinda shocking how SWBF2 managed to go from astoundingly bad to incredibly good, whereas BFV launched in a mediocre and unfinished state (which was otherwise inoffensive, I suppose) and each subsequent update shifted the game's quality in peaks and valleys. No consistency, ever.

I wish we could go back to patch 5.0, where BFV was on the uptick, and it seemed like DICE was ready to reel things back in.

I mean, the only thing BFV had done very well was the gunplay. That's what kept me playing it for the whole year. And they finally managed to mess that up.

So now, even if SWBF2 is "bad" as SG says, i'm still willing to try. And i've never played SWBF1 either so... I'll be going in fresh.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Every time there's some Battlefield fuck up I swear I'm throwing in the towel on DICE. Battlefield 4's launch almost did it, but Battlefield 1 launched well and the beta seemed very stable so I was sold.

After this gen though I'm done with the launch day stuff. DICE got my confidence back with Battlefield 1 and Battlefront, but Battlefront II, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and now Battlefield V has me tapping out of the launch window. It'll take the word's greatest beta to sway me back over.

BFV isn't anywhere near bad enough to make me abandon Battlefield, but the ball has been dropped too many times now and I just can't trust the next project to launch free of issues, whether they be technical or design or whatever else. Hoping my cynicism is utterly unjustified come Battlefield 6, but yeah. Series needs a break.

Knowing that the next BF will launch on new gen hardware for consoles, i don't expect anything less that a complete shit show "a la BF4" from Dice. I really hope they will prove me wrong.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Just finally uninstalled a minute ago. They ruined their own game. They took the one feature that was universally loved and butchered it and refuse to revert it out of sheer stubbornness.

Jokes on me for defending this game for an entire year through all the bullshit controversies.
Short TTK and the Attrition system are what made me buy BFV... Both are gone and so am I.

As someone who has been playing since BF: 1942, I am really doubting I will buy the next BATTLEFIELD game.

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
After the release of the Pacific I felt good about bfv and bought cosmetics because I felt I could invest in the game now. But after the ttk changes I've flipped, I really like bfv but I've also uninstalled.

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to everyone playing Battlefront II, I doubt anyone is going to find their fix going from BFV to BFII. The game, even though it shares a lot of similarities, it just doesn't play anything like Battlefield.

I hope DICE is happy sitting in their echochamber, and I hope EA isn't.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I've put the game on the shelf for now as well. The weird TTK changes recently have made it unenjoyable on maps where there are tanks and planes. For one anti-vehicle weapons are too weak and planes are incredibly strong with incendiary and 500lb bombs. I don't usually play in vehicles, but I was able to jump into a tank on Wake and go 35-2 without it even being leveled up in any way. The balance is way off right now and I don't see myself returning unless some major changes happen. The Pacific maps are great, but the vehicle imbalance has also ruined old maps as vehicles can now essentially dominate the map and gameplay and if you aren't in one, you better sit back as a sniper or MMG.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Someone gave me his BF5 copy and played a couple of games.

The gunplay is incredibly floaty. It's like your gun literally just floats up a bit while shooting. It doesn't seem to react to the individual bullets you're actually shooting. Maybe I'm spoiled by the incredible gunplay of MW, but this feels very cheap. And there is something very off about the art direction. It's not the graphics itself, but the art direction. The game is somehow both realistic and cartoony. Especially the way the guns look is very off. There is just something about it that gives me some sort of uncanny valley feeling.

Even though I had some fun those couple of games, I uninstalled it because 120GB on a base PS4 HDD is an absolute stranglehold if I wish to play other games as well.
MW still uses visual recoil. BFV forces you to pull down.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I've put the game on the shelf for now as well. The weird TTK changes recently have made it unenjoyable on maps where there are tanks and planes. For one anti-vehicle weapons are too weak and planes are incredibly strong with incendiary and 500lb bombs. I don't usually play in vehicles, but I was able to jump into a tank on Wake and go 35-2 without it even being leveled up in any way. The balance is way off right now and I don't see myself returning unless some major changes happen. The Pacific maps are great, but the vehicle imbalance has also ruined old maps as vehicles can now essentially dominate the map and gameplay and if you aren't in one, you better sit back as a sniper or MMG.
If there was more than one person running Recon AT rifles tanks would be death traps.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
HOLY SHIT FUCK THE TYPE 2A

DID ANYONE TEST THIS GUN?

In just the 3 rounds I played tonight I lost count of the times I started shooting someone first, only to have them turn and kill me instantly with the billion RPM broken ass Type 2A. Jesus Christ it is so unbalanced compared to the other weapons.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously DICE doesn't test their shit anymore. Nor do they want to do a CTE where people will do it for free.