• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Type 2a is basically a shotgun up close. Feels real bad at any sort of range.

I think most ppl will get bored with it pretty quick

Oct 27, 2017
So what will we see next week?

Revert? Further balance promises? Roadmap? Silence/Paragraph of nothing? Sincere communication for once?

I don't think DICE can weasel out of this easily. Same problems as always, balance is in the gutter, community unhappy, activity tanked, nothing on the roadmap.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
So what will we see next week?

Revert? Further balance promises? Roadmap? Silence/Paragraph of nothing? Sincere communication for once?

I don't think DICE can weasel out of this easily. Same problems as always, balance is in the gutter, community unhappy, activity tanked, nothing on the roadmap.
Honestly, I'm not expecting a roadmap or any more large updates to speak of. I think we'll get a few more token updates and that's about it. Interest in the game seems to have just taken a dive off a cliff. Obviously I'm not "in the know" but I just wonder how much fiscal sense it makes for EA and DICE to keep working on large updates rather than just moving on fully to other projects.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I haven't played the game since launch of last year and I hated it. My friend dragged me back on over the last couple days and whatever they've done to the changes I really like it now. I'm sitting at a 75% win percentage and a 2 to 1 KD ratio. Feel like I actually have a chance now.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Perfect example of state of Battlefield 5 nowadays. I just don't have words for it..

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect example of state of Battlefield 5 nowadays. I just don't have words for it..

Not even a heavy tank...

All can be popped instantly by bombs that reload on planes in like 20-30s though, if that's any comfort. So... just have your pilots be aces and the game is balanced.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

I hate to say it (cause whenever it happens to me, its just a shameful thing), if they get in close enough for C4....you deserve to die, simple as that. Your given a armored vehicle to which rain death on your enemies, most of them poor foot walkers. So the fact that didn't kill him is just dumb on DICE's part.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I hate to say it (cause whenever it happens to me, its just a shameful thing), if they get in close enough for C4....you deserve to die, simple as that. Your given a armored vehicle to which rain death on your enemies, most of them poor foot walkers. So the fact that didn't kill him is just dumb on DICE's part.
Yeah 2 C4, 1 at the back and 1 on top of turret and all it gets is 47dmg.Not to mention 2 hits with panzerhaust at the back of tank and 1 tank grenade on top of it.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
DICE
Not even a heavy tank...

All can be popped instantly by bombs that reload on planes in like 20-30s though, if that's any comfort. So... just have your pilots be aces and the game is balanced.
The pilots on the enemy team are usually aces while the pilots on my team are all dunces. :T

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
For those interested... ESB ran a 5v5 test cup on PC. Their update on community servers back in december brought some peeks at upcoming cups, including 16v16 CQ which could be interesting to watch depending on the ruleset.

Can't say this 5v5 is too exciting though, very limiting for variety and no tanks, in combination with the strict weapon restrictions it's just a bullet hose fest. 3 medics per team, assault using 1907 and support running FG-42. TTK is still very, very quick at all ranges when aim is on point as demonstrated here. Kills are nearly instant as players work together and aim for headshots. I'd actually wager that players go down quicker post-patch as recoil became even easier to control.

8v8 is however a much better fit and more fun to watch IMO, but of course smaller player counts are always preferable for organizational reasons.

Post patch weapon usage still seems to lean towards ZK for medics though there were a couple type-100s and even a mp-40 in the mix (I think thompson and suomi are still banned, obviously the unlockable isn't in). Supports ran FG-42 as it was pre-patch but a KE7 got in as well. Assaults ran primarily 1907 with STG-44 and Sturmgewher as exceptions. These patterns were common before but with 3/5 players per team running medic the close quarter rifles will be more preferable. Keep in mind that semi-autos are banned. Not sure about Commando and Jungle though, I think only the trombone is banned because of the nade launcher.

Spectator view is still veeeery buggy and recoil still isn't represented properly causing player aim to be misaligned with sights. Something must be up with the way incendiaries are represented as well. It's a real shame because they obviously put a large amount of work into their spectator mode and the lack of solid first person representation really brings it down.

Still I feel DICE could help drum up some excitement for competitive BFV by hastening some community server customization (maps, player counts, time limits). Screw the curated nonsense and let players do what they want on isolated servers.

I'd love to see spectator mode fixes, community server extensions, and throwable collision adjustments in upcoming patches.

Anyway, always interesting to see competitive aspects in unusual games, not expecting anyone here to really care. :)

Round 2 - Provence: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJrTlJKE_lc

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
well, it seems that the next map is definitively solomon islands :) this appeared today when I was browsing the servers on my X

70b320a5-fd21-48de-b12d-d83a17cc6caa.PNG

Oct 27, 2017
Best close-range class: Medic
Best mid-range class: Medic
Best sniper-class: Medic
Best infantry support class: Medic

The only reason to pick anything else atm is if you need to counter vehicles, and even that, smoking enemy tanks on repeat is more productive than hitting them with the faust from afar.

In the maps without vehicles, whoever has less people doing assignments wins, because the rest play as medics for the win. Superior weapons, unlimited health, revive, smoke pushing power.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I haven't played a lot recently, and I've tried, but it's just not very fun anymore.

My main problems are, 1. the TTK it's just awful, guns don't make any sense anymore. It often relies on who shoots first, but in other times it doesn't even matter. I don't know how to put it, but most of the time you are outgunned is in a nonsensical way (a close range SMG vs a medium range weapon taking you down at medium range). And 2. I'm sick of the Pacific already. We complained about there being not enough maps for a long time, and now that we have a good ammount of them, we have pacific only playlists of the same 3 maps all the time. Good luck getting into a more varied server, because they are always full and if they have room, it's because someone is cheating. Private servers are a joke since they don't help you getting through ToW.

The game is just not fun anymore.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since the patch that changed bullets to kill. Every time there's an update the game has me download 40 GB and I have a data cap so I didn't feel it was worth it given the negative feedback to the changes.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Played a bit earlier, wanted to try out various weapons in the Assault class but after trying a few it's made it all the more clear that the gun you want to use for everything is the STG44.

There is no other reason to use any other gun right now.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I take a break for a few months and from the last few pages of this thread it sounds like they forked up game balance?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The 2A is pretty hilarious to use. In close quarters you just click on enemies and they die.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The TTK changes ruined the game, but i do play it again, i just need some BF in my life. Shame on me.

The Drilling is my weapon of choice now.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Man I definitely wouldn't have the patience to deal with people like that every day.

Braddock shouldn't be in the weeds wagging his finger at people. Waste of energy and ultimately not professional IMO.

There was no discussion re: the changes. The community was overwhelmingly against it and DICE rammed them through anyways, then had to walk back some of them immediately.

"It's playable. It plays. It's not broken." is a box worthy quote if I've ever seen one.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield V 5.0 was at the best spot it has been since release. Then 5.2 happened and it took away most if not all the momentum the game has garnered since Operation Underground and the Pacific Update. Instead of giving the players the features/QOL it heavily needed, DICE decided to shoehorn a TTK/BTK change that was largely pushbacked by the community.

From Twitter, Reddit, and Youtube, all I see is negative reception.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Braddock shouldn't be in the weeds wagging his finger at people. Waste of energy and ultimately not professional IMO.

There was no discussion re: the changes. The community was overwhelmingly against it and DICE rammed them through anyways, then had to walk back some of them immediately.

"It's playable. It plays. It's not broken." is a box worthy quote if I've ever seen one.

I was assuming that was his job to participate on that message board and respond to people's posts. I don't see why he would then, it's even harder to understand if he doesn't have to.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A team balancer is desperately needed but I have zero hopes of DICE actually implementing one.

Or if they do, they'll manage to fuck it up somehow.

As for the TTK, it goes without saying I preferred the pre-5.2 TTK. I still find myself shooting an enemy and moving off them due to muscle memory then realizing they are not dead and having to go back to put another bullet or 2 (or 3 or 4, depending on range) into them.

At least last round I amused myself by killing someone with a supply drop.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Absence of auto balance is inexcusable. I completely understand the logistical issues of wanting to ensure squads stay together (eg: not splitting up a squad just to accommodate two vacant slots on the opposition). And I understand that you also don't want players getting frustrated with playing as one faction, new match swaps sides, and they get auto balanced back to the side they were on. Especially on Breakthrough and whatnot.

But something has gotta give, and I seriously doubt those latter players prefer the enormous imbalance more than having to play as the Japanese again or whatever. Because man, as we all know, it's really fucking bad. The other night we went from a round of breakthrough that was full, to the next map on Wake Island, and at least a third of the players bailed. The game stacked my team to nearly full while the opposition had about half if not less players. The technical backend to fix this should exist. There's a countdown at the start of every match that is more than suitable time to swap a few players or a whole squad around to balance it. Because as it was the match started and stayed that way, no joke, until we won. We were attacking, they got steamrolled, and if anyone else joined the server during they were so few they were inconsequential. The match ended with about the same player ratio was we started.

And as a predictable result, a shitload of players bailed out of the server for the next round, not wanting to bother with their tiny team attacking and already cynical about anyone else joining. Thus the server rapidly depleted players until I left as well.

I mean, I can bitch all day about the meta of the game, the map layouts, etc and why I think Battlefield V is a failure in these regards. And my argument is just my own tiresome opinion on things that not everybody agrees with, maybe not even DICE. But the team balance situation is just objectively busted and such a surreal oversight in a game that is supposed to be a AAA multiplayer game with enormous teams. I don't think anybody cares if a team is 12 vs 10 and auto balance failed to move one person across. But this game regularly winds up with 32 vs 12 and it's just ridiculous.

Definitely feels like a bad joke played on the community after doing the ToW today. M3 is supposed to be a 3 shot kill which I'm sure will be equally as fun.

Something to look forward to!

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The worst thing about this untested bullshit TTK changes is how it messes up muscle memory.
Midrange engagements just don't feel right since 5.2., everyone knows that even DICE (i hope so). I can se them tweak it in the right direction, but the fact the community has to be vocal AGAIN for literally nothing is a giant waste of time and energy on both sides.

The timeperiod between the release of Operation Underground til 5.2. was amazing.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The fact they did a second TTK/BTK change after promising not to do it again with a big letter to the community and after failing super hard last time is super insulting to say the least