• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Hey, if anyone plays the Extreme Weather experience this week, please send me feedback on it directly. Curious to hear more about your experience on it.
What you liked, what you didn't like, what you would have preferred to be done differently, and similar.

Go wild with your feedback and dream about how you would have done it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Hey, if anyone plays the Extreme Weather experience this week, please send me feedback on it directly. Curious to hear more about your experience on it.
What you liked, what you didn't like, what you would have preferred to be done differently, and similar.

Was planning to play a bit today, so I'll be sure to do it. Glad you're back

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the quasi-Conquest mode for Modern Warfare being hyped up and when that big preview event footage dropped seeing nothing but a giant killstreak orgy and wondering how the anybody in their right fucking mind could try and convince people this was going to best Battlefield.

So, I mean, it's good Battlefield V isn't that I guess.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017

will do

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018

Smokes don't make sense in super high wind. Is it possible to have them spread more and be thinner?

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I remember the quasi-Conquest mode for Modern Warfare being hyped up and when that big preview event footage dropped seeing nothing but a giant killstreak orgy and wondering how the anybody in their right fucking mind could try and convince people this was going to best Battlefield.

So, I mean, it's good Battlefield V isn't that I guess.

Honestly its not that diff with the god mode planes that dont even make any sound flying 5 meters above the ground

Oct 27, 2017
Just unlocked the type 2A.

They reverted the TTK for the Type 2 A and the M2 grease gun but forgot to revert the TTK to all the other guns, lolz.

The quality of patch rollouts compared to BF1... is not up to par. Probably because of no CTE, etc. I don't know what's going on with DICE lately, I've generally liked all of their products but man, some of the decisions there... really alienating me at times. And this coming from someone who has stuck around since 1942. The team really should take a hard look at what's going on here.

There's some amazing content in here, but it's really marred by some baffling decisions.

You revert the TTK, and just reduce ranged damage of LMGs, give a complete dedicated feature set to community games, and release Russia, DDAY and the fall of Berlin, and you have yourselves a masterpiece. The answers/solutions are right in front of you, why DICE why?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
We won't see the Eastern Front, US Involvement in the European Theatre till after Chapter 6. So maybe around Summer I guess?

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
We won't see the Eastern Front, US Involvement in the European Theatre till after Chapter 6. So maybe around Summer I guess?

I don't know man, I feel like we need to adjust our expectations regarding future content.
Something tells me they'll dump the remaining maps that we're in the files and be done with it. Maybe some useless weapons 'n shit after that, but no pacific like big stuff anymore....

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I fear they skip the Easter Front and first do the ally attack on Europe to bring more US players

Eastern Front has some must-have maps though. Breakthrough Stalingrad, giant ass Kursk map?? Sounds like a dream.

Do a Turning of the Tide themed chapter with D-Day, Stalingrad, and Midway.

Then a Final Chapter with Battle for Berlin, Battle of the Bulge, maybe Bridge at Remagen, and Okinawa.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017

Fjell should be on Blizzard 24/7 and Devastation should have the Bomb Atmosphere 24/7 as well.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't have have an issue with a blizzard all the time version of Fjell but allowing the planes to still spawn on it is on a level of stupid so astronomical that even the faster super computer in the world could not calculate it before the heat death of the universe.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
DICE should have added some underground tunnels through the mountains on Fjell so players don't have to be bombed all the time.

Oct 27, 2017

Is this snap on aim assist being talked about at all in the studio?
There's got to be a better way of doing this instead of just dropping this on the whole community.
Disable it at a certain level?
Have beginner servers that you can only join up until a certain level?
When i disable it, make it so other people also can't insta lock on me?

I loved playing close quarter maps and the gunplay, right now i hate it.
With the reduced recoil and snap aim assist you just get instantly deleted in cqc maps.
I took enjoyment out of mastering a weapons recoil and having better aim in 1v1's, it was really satisfying.
Now? it's just about who aim in the general direction and presses l2/r2 faster. boring,no to little skill involved, not satisfying.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think the sandstorm on Hamada reduces visibility too much to be actually playable.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
8 more now, probably gonna end up having to buy a few, it's weird how your performance doesn't give you much exp, the difference between playing like shit and a god is a joke.
Yep, even if you got an overall score of 20k+, the cap would only give you 9500 or so.

If you only want the Epic Cosmetics, you just need to reach Lvl 39. Reaching 40 is pointless unless you really want the Dog Tag.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
8 more now, probably gonna end up having to buy a few, it's weird how your performance doesn't give you much exp, the difference between playing like shit and a god is a joke.

There's a five dollar package in the store that gives you six levels and a nice exclusive skin if you want to do that instead. Save your boins for something else.

Finding the M3 doesn't work well for me because ROF is still king in all situations with the BFV netcode.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I... um, *shields itself* like planes on Fjell. I mean I do get how they become a problem, specially when some players are too good you can't ever take them down. The storm comes as a good solution, I would reduce visibility of planes when attacking the ground, but increase it a bit up there to keep the dogfighting

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
All this time I've been using the 2A with 1200 RoF but going full right tree is even more ridiculous (on consoles at least), maxed out RoF was a little hard to control but going full right is just a laser and it melts.

Anyways, love high RoF weapons for my playstyle, I play aggressive with all the sliding and shit.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm remembering right, there is a two week break between chapters.

I think I read somewhere that they're going to give an update about things some time in the next few days or next week.

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
Going to be checking this page forthe news today. I love bf but I can't play bfv w/ all the unbalance.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, wake me back when that 6.2 patch lands.

I don't care for new maps or new guns anymore. I just want the gunplay to feel good once again.

Oct 27, 2017
holy shit they actually going to keep this snap aim in the game :')

Good player just instantly delete you because they dont miss a shot what so ever
Why hip fire when i can just lock on? Why pre aim when i can be 100% on target faster with lock on?
This snap aim is detrimental to the gunplay it's crazy. It just becomes a game of who sees who first.

I dont care if you give it to new players and disable it at a certain level dice, people learn.
People can use controllers and aim, slowdown is more then enough.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
They might simply stop interacting with the community, it's not like they care about what it ask anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thought if they did that years a go we would have missed the opportunity the see them speak about giving us the chance of removing the blue tint in bf3 but that not happening, and some other amazing interaction on twitter/MordorHQ/forum.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Nah, the Battlefield community is embarrassing. It's been embarrassing for decades now, going back to the infamous EAUK forums and beyond. It's just worse now with Reddit being more accessible to more people.
What do you expect when you drop a patch like 5.2 that changes the core gameplay AGAINST the community's wishes and then peace out for over a month? That's totally fine with you? Just like any relationship, communication is key.