• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
battlefieldvsysreqsvvj1l.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
ComputerBase (German; launch build)
ComputerBase (German; 14/11/2018 build)*
ComputerBase (German; 05/12/2018 build)*
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)
GameGPU (Russian; 11/12/2018 build)*
Hardwareluxx (German; 14/11/2018 build)*
Overclock3D (English; launch build)
PC Games Hardware (German; launch build)
PC Games Hardware (German; 14/11/2018 build)*
TechPowerUp (English; launch build)
TechPowerUp (English; 14/11/2018 build)*
TechSpot (English; launch build)

* Includes RTX benchmarks.

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Mitigate stuttering: Use DX11 rather than DX12.
Fix low GPU utilisation when using DX11: Ensure future frame rendering is enabled. (Credit to Strakt.)
Note: Input latency will be increased.

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Fullscreen mode: Fullscreen; Windowed; Borderless
Fullscreen device: Self-explanatory
Fullscreen resolution: Self-explanatory
Brightness: Self-explanatory
Field of view: 50 -> 105 in increments of 1
Vehicle 3P field of view: 45 -> 95 in increments of 1
ADS field of view: Off/On
Motion blur: 0% -> 100% in increments of 1%
ADS DoF effects: Off/On
Custom color settings: Off; Deuteranopia; Tritanopia; Protanopia; Custom
Chromatic aberration: Off/On
Film grain: Off/On
Vignette: Off/On
Lens distortion: Off/On

DX12 enabled: Off/On
High dynamic range: Off/Auto
Resolution scale: 25% -> 200% in increments of 1%
Frame rate limiter: 60fps; 120fps; 144fps; 200fps; Monitor refresh rate
Future frame rendering: Off/On
Vertical sync: Off/On
UI upscaling: Auto; Medium; High
GPU memory restriction: Off/On
UI scale factor: 0% -> 100% in increments of 1%
Graphics quality (preset): Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Custom; Auto: Min latency; Auto: Max fidelity
Texture quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Texture filtering: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Lighting quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra

Effects quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Post-process quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Mesh quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Terrain quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Undergrowth quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Anti-aliasing post-processing: TAA low/TAA high
Ambient occlusion: Off; SSAO; HBAO

Last edited:

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone have a Ryzen 2600 and a RX 480/580 and plays on 1440p? How does it run? Do you get stable 60 fps?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
So with future frame rendering off, my fps drops from 60-80.. but with it on, its at around 100-120.. im running on a 2080

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Haven't done too much testing, but I'm pretty sure turning Future Frame Rendering on fixed some random hiccups that I was experiencing. Anyone else notice random hiccups/stuttering?

Running a 9900K / 2080 Ti at 1440p, maximum settings.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna keep an eye on this thread.

First impressions of the game running in 4k with maxed out settings are pretty good.

I'm running this on a newly built PC with a 8700k (no OC yet), and a 2080 Ti.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
The system requirements in the other thread for the RTX update specify a much heftier CPU. I wonder why the CPU is so heavily involved in ray tracing?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Since the game is out now...

Playing it with around 80 FPS on 4K on 2080 Ti, everything on Ultra, 105 FOV. :)

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to know if performance has been increased/optimized compared to the closed alpha/beta. I'm only getting the pleb normie edition so it'll be a while before I get to play.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Does it run better or at least on par with BF1 for most of you? The ran a lot worse than BF1 on my PC but I'd like to know if it's because it was a beta or because the game is a lot more demanding.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
DX12 off. Max detail, 165% super sampling at 1080p. Running on a i5-6600k at 4.3GHz, with 16GB DDR4-3000, a 2080, and installed to a decent SSD. Runs 60fps 99.9999% of the time (I saw 2 moments where it dropped below for less than a second).

GPU is taxed 50-75%. GPU temps stay around 60C.

With people reporting i5 suffering I thought maybe I'd get some bad fps. My CPU cores are at 70-80% 99.9% of the time. There are a few odd moments where all cores go to 100%, but my framerate maintains 60 without a problem and gameplay goes on just fine. Frame times don't increase. I think this is during stage transitions? Like when it started to get foggy on one map my CPU cores went to 100 and stayed there until it seemed to stop changing.

Only times it has dropped below 60 was when a tank blew up a house on top of me, I immediately died and my fps went to like 20 for a short moment.

I got one glitch where the entire game froze for like 3 seconds. I thought maybe the game soft locked but it resumed just fine. Dunno what that was about.

As an aside, the super soft image quality really bothered me at ~120% super sampling and below. It's super post-processed looking. But cranking the SS up a bunch gives it a nice sharp look.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Completely unplayable, I dunno what's wrong on my end. 1070ti / i7 4790, playing st 1080p on high preset is wrecking my shit. It's a slideshow. Maybe there's a res scaling option in missinng? Playing in HDR and the FPS is so low I'm dropping matches. Tried on medium too and it actually can't be played, takes minutes to quit back to the menu.

Last edited:

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Completely unplayable, I dunno what's wrong on my end. 1070ti / i7 4790, playing st 1080p on high preset is wrecking my shit. It's a slideshow. Maybe there's a res scaling option in missinng? Playing in HDR and the FPS is so low I'm dropping matches. Tried on medium too and it actually can't be played, takes minutes to quit back to the menu.

Have you tried watching your CPU utilization & such? Your i7 should hold pretty steady with my i5, and your extra threads are exactly what BF wants.

How much RAM you got? Game is easily filling more than 10GB system RAM on my system.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried watching your CPU utilization & such? Your i7 should hold pretty steady with my i5, and your extra threads are exactly what BF wants.

How much RAM you got? Game is easily filling more than 10GB system RAM on my system.

16 GB - regardless, just ran origins repair feature on it and it's working muuuuch better now

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Having a hell of a time with this.

Finally found the sweet spot on my 4690k and GTX1080 with DX12 on (lose about 10 fps with it off) and now the game launches in a small window and completely borks HDR.

Running in 4k works, but around 50fps, and 1080p works. 1440p however is what causes this issue.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Specs:

i5 8400
16GB RAM 3000MHz
GTX 970

Running 2560x1080 with most settings on medium (except textures and texture filtering on Ultra) and getting around 75ish average in the two maps I've tried so far (Hamada and Rotterdam 64 players).

Looks pretty good but definitely GPU bound, turning rendering res all the way down to 25% gets the frame rate to 120+.

I do notice a brief stutter every now and then though, anyone knows what's up with that? Roughly every minute or so, I have Gsync so maybe there's more stutter but that single one I do notice it.

EDIT: My testing was with DX11, will test DX12 once imI more familiar with DX11 performance in MP to compare.

EDIT 2: Tried DX12 briefly, yeah around 10 FPS less in menus and once I loaded into a match got my FPS around 30ish and with MAJOR stutter, thing looked like a slideshow, no thanks.

Last edited:

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, don't take my word for it. Performance is garbage now on my PC. Ended up doing a repair on it, and now RTSS on screen display doesn't work and the game stutters like crazy, even at 1080p. Cutscenes are the worst offender. Stuttering like crazy and the frames are skipping backwards and forward constantly.

If I disable RTSS I have no way of checking framerate as there isn't one in game, Origin FPS counter just shows a bright white square in the top left and FRAPS doesn't work.

I don't have time anymore to deal with bullshit like this. I'm dropping this and waiting a few months for them to fix it. Sorry DICE.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see performance with RTX. Been holding off on upgrading until I see something worth the huge price increase.

Now to sell all these spare 1080tis I have....

Modu5

Nov 15, 2017
i7 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
16GB DDR4-3000
GTX 1080
3440x1440 120Hz

I can play on low with DX11 with fps from 50 to 90 depending on the map and action. High and even medium settings has too many drops.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, don't take my word for it. Performance is garbage now on my PC. Ended up doing a repair on it, and now RTSS on screen display doesn't work and the game stutters like crazy, even at 1080p. Cutscenes are the worst offender. Stuttering like crazy and the frames are skipping backwards and forward constantly.

If I disable RTSS I have no way of checking framerate as there isn't one in game, Origin FPS counter just shows a bright white square in the top left and FRAPS doesn't work.

I don't have time anymore to deal with bullshit like this. I'm dropping this and waiting a few months for them to fix it. Sorry DICE.
There should be a built in fps counter if you use the command key (~) and put in perfoverlay.drawfps 1 .

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ultra textures
Ultra filtering
HBAO
Rest medium
1080p
DX11
130-144fps (capped)

It runs like an absolute dream, it's buttery smooth at all times with a consistently high frame rate and no stutter or hitching whatsoever. It runs much better than BF1 for me. Realistically I could up the settings I'm sure, but it looks great as it is and 144hz is more important.

8600k 4.8GHz
GTX 1080
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
SSD
BFV drivers

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
WTF, game won`t start with older nvidia drivers…?!

unbenanntncdrh.jpg

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Ultra textures
Ultra filtering
HBAO
Rest medium
1080p
DX11
130-144fps (capped)

It runs like an absolute dream, it's buttery smooth at all times with a consistently high frame rate and no stutter or hitching whatsoever. It runs much better than BF1 for me. Realistically I could up the settings I'm sure, but it looks great as it is and 144hz is more important.

8600k 4.8GHz
GTX 1080
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
SSD
BFV drivers
Is there anyway you could post a picture or two with perfoverlay visible? Your pc is pretty close to mine and I had those annoying hiccups ever 10 second or so. I honestly found the beta to be unplayable because of that.

RogerL

Oct 30, 2017
Opening was great, but...

Default graphics settings were a bit too much as I played on
Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz
16 GB RAM
MSI GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB OC
H97M-PLUS LGA1150 H97
Connected to a 1140p screen...

Looks like Battlefield V autotargeted
1140p @ 200Hz
that was a bit too much for that HW...
(To me it looked like Battlefield tried to return to this setting after EACH story moment resulting in heavy stuttering, then dialled back to more reasonable 60Hz - but I need to rerun if I can find it...)

If the computer had been connected to a 4k screen would Battlefield V have defaulted too 4k @ 200Hz or is 1140p just a forgotten resolution?

Start play should default on the safe side.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Get the same stutters I got in BF1 at launch. Most times I get into combat game will hang. It's gotten a little better over time but still hard when you will stsrt stuttering as soon as their is action.

Might try messing with settings but I'm at 100+ fps consistently with random dips into the 80s.

getting hitches every 10 seconds or so, and especially when getting killed

Heard someone in-game chat say the same as well

Same with me its either hownyou deacribe or a few minutes of smoothness. There were mentions of it in chat as well.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does it run better or at least on par with BF1 for most of you? The ran a lot worse than BF1 on my PC but I'd like to know if it's because it was a beta or because the game is a lot more demanding.
It dips lower in many cases (in choke points with many people mostly) but I blame this on my i5 which was at it's limit in BF1 too. I still don't understand why the recommended specs say the Ryzen 1300X with its 4C/4T is sufficient.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Better not break my borderless windowed in games like dota like one of the recent drivers

Had to roll back from a 4xx driver because of it and then also lost many nhancer settings

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
GTX 1070
i5-6600K @ 3.50Hz
8 BG ram ddr4
1920 x 1080

Getting really spotty performance, high 50's with dips into low 40's. Any way to improve performance? Thinking I might just have to buy some more ram or something.