• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I thought that the EA influencers were not allowed to capture gameplay from the rotterdam map just yet. It seems so from the recent JackFrags video. But this video just got uploaded and shows the new Rotterdam map.

EDIT: New video

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool to see Rotterdam in the game as a Dutch person. I do see some mistakes tho. Word wise.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Nice to get an idea of the map layout. Awful gameplay to use as a video. Engine upgrades look closer to Battlefront 2 as opposed to BF1.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We (Gamersyde) could capture this gameplay too at GC, but somehow EA's capture device did not record anything on our SSD, thus we have nothing...
(same thing with FIFA 19).

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
A quick note. It does indeed look a lot like Seine Crossing from Battlefield 3.
Vids not playing for me but I really really hope not. I couldn't stand Seine Crossing, it was emblematic of the regression in map design from the city maps that were full of routes like Mashtuur City into bland corridors with 1 alternate route at best in 3. Like Grand Bazaar, which was literally a square with an alley up the middle.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Knew something had obviously leaked when I noticed a couple of game changers crying about it on Twitter.

These things happen.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever played an FPS game in their lives?

Better off not watching it. Makes the game look awful because they're so bad.

Also, I didn't get a WWII vibe from that gameplay. Seems a little off.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
The tank part seems completely bugged with the cannon going left/right…

And yes, it really looks a lot like Seine Crossing (which is not a bad thing) mixed a bit with Amiens (which is not really a good thing).

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
ClutteredParchedDuckling-size_restricted.gif

Oct 26, 2017
It's just crazy how little EA is showing this game off. There should not be any need for leaks, at this point they should show this fucking thing.

Also, Theorry

Never knew you were a fellow Dutchman, gaaf :)

I remember that other trailer that was about this map I believe and the way it was recorded is just so utterly different compared to how you actually play it. Same with the E3 trailer. Kinda a shame.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting note: it says the closer you are to a flag, the more ownership you have. No more camping on the outskirts?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now that's Battlefield......when I'm playing :D

It's weird once you get past the graphics, even those aren't wowzer now, BF is still very familiar. Good fun still but the trailers really do hype things up.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
No more hiding on the 3rd floor and camping whoever comes upstairs :)

Good change. The footage looks enticing. I dont know why they arent showing a ton more. My hype is flatlined, but things like this get me so interested. Lots of people like me on the fence between COD and BF, and COD has a BR beta coming in like a week. They are doing such a bad job.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Definitely reminds of Seine Crossing but from what I can see there is a lot more room to move around, buildings have more access points, there are fewer bottlenecks overall. A much better designed map at a first glance. Really looking forward to playing it myself.

Picture of the map:
40af263c-170c-40b1-a986-c269701ffb75.jpg

Seine Crossing for comparison:
scm_c64_original.jpg

One very obvious thing is as I said that there is a lot less bottlenecks this time. My main issue I had with Seine was how much of the game got usually focused around the two bridges in the middle, especially in Rush mode which was extremely difficult for attackers to get across. Plus if you tried to get through the water, there were only a two or three spots once on the other side where you could get up, and those were usually guarded as well.

On Rotterdam there are first 3 main roads, the one furthest away by the river, one in the middle under the train bridge and one below the C flag. Then there is the train bridge itself that offers some verticality and also around the C flag there seem to be a bunch of alleyways and buildings you can go through. Plus if I am judging correctly by the video, it's much easier to get around through the water with many more paths back up onto land. It's a much more open design.

I like it a lot.

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good change. The footage looks enticing. I dont know why they arent showing a ton more. My hype is flatlined, but things like this get me so interested. Lots of people like me on the fence between COD and BF, and COD has a BR beta coming in like a week. They are doing such a bad job.
the footage is embargo'd until August 31st. They must have some marketing stuff of their own they want out before they let influencers influence people.

they have been releasing some short trailers since gamescom so there is stuff out if you want to get hyped.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
the footage is embargo'd until August 31st. They must have some marketing stuff of their own they want out before they let influencers influence people.

they have been releasing some short trailers since gamescom so there is stuff out if you want to get hyped.
Problem is the negativity and bad press is piling up

Tons of YT influencers releasing doom videos on BF, and DICE is totally silent, just saying "well just wait a bit"

Fans really want to know about a road map, but they refuse to give one and dont seem to commit to saying they have one. This creates a lot of distrust, and lack of confidence in purchasing the game.

And while GaaS model allows for games to thrive after the launch period, fans are waiting on EA to see if they commit to a bad launch.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man i cannot fucking wait for this WW craze to get buried so they can go back to the actual modern stuff

i'd rather go back to playing BF4 than this tbh

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I seriously don't hope that this was 64 ålayer gameplay. It looks so empty, just as the Narvik map.
I think the problem with Narvik and other new Battlefield maps is that they have no flow.
If you look at Narvik, there's like two points where most of the action takes place which are bridge and town area. If most players are in those two places, it makes rest of the map look empty.

That's why I prefer maps like Wake Island and Dragon Valley, because those two maps have constant flow and they don't really have certain meat grinder spots where action takes place, instead action takes place all over the map.

That's just my opinion. I really wish Battlefield V has some really big maps, because so far it doesn't seem like Narvik and Rotterdam offer classic Battlefield experience.

Oct 27, 2017
What is going on with the whole " WE HAD A CASUALTY - these can cost us the win "thing in all these videos? The phrasing on that is just tremendously awkward. I hope its just placeholder text cause it reads like something slotted in by someone who doesn't have a great grasp of English.

Map does seem an awful lot like Seine Crossing. I know they're not necessarily doing any of the Levolution stuff from BF4 or the Behemoth stuff from BF1 but Rotterdam specifically would have been an interesting case for something dynamic along those lines, since its mostly known historically in WWII for having been bombed to bits by the Germans, not necessarily the actual fighting.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely reminds of Seine Crossing but from what I can see there is a lot more room to move around, buildings have more access points, there are fewer bottlenecks overall. A much better designed map at a first glance. Really looking forward to playing it myself.

Picture of the map:
40af263c-170c-40b1-a986-c269701ffb75.jpg

Seine Crossing for comparison:
scm_c64_original.jpg

One very obvious thing is as I said that there is a lot less bottlenecks this time. My main issue I had with Seine was how much of the game got usually focused around the two bridges in the middle, especially in Rush mode which was extremely difficult for attackers to get across. Plus if you tried to get through the water, there were only a two or three spots once on the other side where you could get up, and those were usually guarded as well.

On Rotterdam there are first 3 main roads, the one furthest away by the river, one in the middle under the train bridge and one below the C flag. Then there is the train bridge itself that offers some verticality and also around the C flag there seem to be a bunch of alleyways and buildings you can go through. Plus if I am judging correctly by the video, it's much easier to get around through the water with many more paths back up onto land. It's a much more open design.

I like it a lot.

Sim City never looked so good

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
man i cannot fucking wait for this WW craze to get buried so they can go back to the actual modern stuff

i'd rather go back to playing BF4 than this tbh
And I can't wait for them to bury the modern stuff even deeper so we can finally get a proper 2142 sequel.

You've had your modern crap for 5 games, it's time to go back to the frozen wastes of Europe. :P

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Fans really want to know about a road map, but they refuse to give one and dont seem to commit to saying they have one. This creates a lot of distrust, and lack of confidence in purchasing the game.

Number 1 reason why im not going to be picking it up at launch, i believe that the internal road map will vary greatly in size depending on sales numbers and i do not have much confidence in the game performing to EAs wants