• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
This is the last update and a pretty hefty one. Looking forward to the next Battlefield.

Maps & Modes
New Maps:

• Al Marj Encampment (Conquest, Breakthrough, TDM, Squad Conquest).
  • Provence (Conquest, Breakthrough, TDM, Squad Conquest).
Additional Changes:

• Aerodrome - Removed the MG turret that was placed below the ground at the edge of the map.
  • Aerodrome - Removed the stationary weapon fortification that was placed into the ground near Sector F.
  • Al Sundan - This map has temporarily been removed from rotation whilst we address an issue with incorrect VO, following a change to the playable factions on this map. It will be returned to all rotations pending a Hotfix that we'll be releasing as soon as possible.
  • Marita - Fixed a hole in the wall by Zervos Farm which could be exploited.
  • Panzerstorm - All standard modes now feature U.S. vs. Germany (except Grand Operations).
  • Panzerstorm - German Army is now set as the defending force.
  • Twisted Steel - All standard modes now feature U.S. vs. Germany (except Grand Operations).
  • Twisted Steel - Outpost - Fixed the floating barrels and barbed wire near Radio Tower A.
  • Twisted Steel - Outpost - Players should no longer be able to get stuck between the barrels and the bridge strut near tower D.
  • Underground - Fixed an exploit that could disable smoke effects.
  • Combined Arms - Fixed the missing tab on the end of round screen.
  • Firestorm - Players will no longer enter a bleed out state when playing solo mode.
  • Practice Range - Added the missing Panzerbüchse 39 & Boys AT Rifle bi-pod when using them on the range.

Weapons & Gadgets
New Weapons:

• Sjögren Shotgun (Support)
  • Chauchat (Support)
  • M3 Infrared (Recon)
  • K31/43 (Recon)
  • Welgun (Medic)
  • M1941 Johnson (Assault)
  • PPK/PPK Suppressed (all classes)
  • M1911 Suppressed (all classes)
  • Welrod (all classes)
New Gadgets:

• Doppel-Schuss (Recon)
  • RMN 50 Grenade Launcher (Recon)
  • Pistol Flamethrower (Assault)
  • Shaped Charge (Support)
  • Kampfpistole (Support)
New Grenades:

• Firecracker Grenade (all classes)
  • Demolition Grenade (all classes)
  • Type 99 Mine (all classes)

Additional Changes:

• Add-on Grenade Launchers for the Tromboncino and M1 Garand now try to switch to the main ammo type instead of the pistol when the player runs out of ammo. If no primary weapon ammo is available, a switch will be made to the pistol as normal. We think that this will lead to a better combat flow when the player ends up in these scenarios.
  • The Breda M1935 PG's fire switching sound can now be heard.
  • Fixed a bug where smoke grenades would sometimes detonate in different positions for different clients, or not detonate at all.
  • Unified the impact grenade's trajectory with the other frag grenades for improved consistency of grenade throws.
  • Slightly increased the time an impact grenade must travel, the amount it bounces off a surface, and detonation delay after bouncing. This won't substantially change the gameplay of the grenade, but will improve the pucker factor of having one of these thrown at you.
  • Fixed a bug with the Lunge Mine which would cause another knockback, when it had been selected again after a previous use.

Vehicles
New Vehicles:

• A-20 bomber (U.S. Faction)
  • P-70 Night Fighter (U.S. Faction)
  • P-51D fighter plane (U.S. Faction)
  • P-51K fighter plane (U.S. Faction)
  • M8 Greyhound (U.S. Faction)
  • Puma Armored Car (German Faction)
Additional Changes:

• Improved the transition to ragdoll when players die in a vehicle and made it so the vehicle/wreck is followed for the victim to make it a more interesting experience.
  • Fixed an issue with the Hachi that was causing it not to steer as well as intended when moving at higher speeds.
  • Smoke screen weapons on tanks and airplanes now properly block spots, and name tags.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the vehicle UI to show an incorrect position of the cannon, if the player had used it, and then switched seats.
  • AA guns now suppress on the same level as other vehicle MGs.
Planes

• 500lb bombs now have lowered blast damage, and increased irreparable damage to make it a two-pass kill.

BF-109 G2

• Specialization tree changes to compete with P51K.
  • Start loadout includes spotting flares and 2x50kg bombs.
  • Engine or gun upgrade at tier 1.
  • Defensive options or finned barrels at tier 2.
  • Ground attack options or leading edge for tier 3.
  • Finally some less critical upgrades for tier 4.
BF-109 G6

• Specialization tree changes to compete with P51D.
  • Start loadout includes nitrous, smoke, and 2x rockets.
  • Explosion protection or gun upgrade at tier 1.
  • Defensive options or finned barrels at tier 2.
  • Ground attack options or leading edge for tier 3.
  • Nitrous now functions in the same way as the super charger for the Pacific planes.
  • Finally some less critical upgrades for tier 4.

New Soldier Characters:

• 14 New U.S. Faction Soldiers.
  • 2 New Japan Faction Soldiers.
Additional Changes:

• Additional fixes to prevent players from getting stuck in a bleeding out state. If this does not fix the problem, we hope that it will decrease the rarity from uncommon to rare.
  • Fixed a bug that would in some cases play the wrong voice over when a soldier spots a bomber.
UI & Other
  • Fixed an issue that would cause spotted enemies to not show on the mini-map if the player walked into their own smoke.
  • Added the missing descriptions for the Calliope and Hachi in the statistics tab.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A solid last update. Really sad to see how the game finally played out. People will be super wary of BF6.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
A pretty meaty final update all things considered. BFV really could have been so much more, the potential was there. I really hope DICE takes their time with the next one.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they say if the new weapons needed to be unlocked or if they'd be available right away?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
So introducing Madden was not possible because "it is bigger than a game" but major updates are OK.
Meh

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Beefy update to end it with. Haven't played in a few months but I somewhat enjoyed my time with the game all things considered.

I'll be awaiting and watching BF6 with caution after this one.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They are dumping out all the guns and vehicles they have been sitting on for long, long time.

All those have been in the game for months, some since release.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First they fucked all Day1 customers by offering the game 50% off mere 2.5 weeks after launch and then they bungled the promise of the support.

Good riddance fucking BFV. I'll never buy a DICE game again.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
New Soldier Characters:

I haven't really bothered changing my soldier from whatever the default look is, but this stuck out as odd?

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Regret spending money or time on this game near launch.
First they fucked all Day1 customers by offering the game 50% off mere 2.5 weeks after launch and then they bungled the promise of the support.

Good riddance fucking BFV. I'll never buy a DICE game again.
I might buy a DICE game on deep sale, but never on release.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
My future support of a DICE game will be based on how they address not only bungle, but the lead-up to release to show all content is present and accounted for as well as having a clear roadmap for at least a year.

I used to be a huge Battlefield fan but definitely felt burned by this when taking a look at how COD progressed and has received support and consistent messaging.

This update has no mention of Gun Master which would instantly pull me back in their camp. Favorite mode to play with my buddy.

Oct 27, 2017
New Soldier Characters:

I haven't really bothered changing my soldier from whatever the default look is, but this stuck out as odd?

Nothing odd about it. There was supposed to be more Europe content, so they worked on more US content as the faction in Europe. No more Pacific content was planned, so they didn't develop more Japanese soldiers.

Releasing all the "unreleased" content is far better than nothing. I will check it out, though I doubt it will have any staying power or community's rally knowing that this is the end.

Last edited:

Alcohog

Apr 18, 2018
I'm still playing daily and stand firm that Firestorm has by and far the best gameplay of any battle Royale. Shame it didn't get the support it deserved but I'll be there day 1 for the next BF. Haters gonna hate.

lordkosc

Nov 10, 2017
PA
Meh, glad its over, it was the worst BF game of the series for me in terms of fun / hrs played.

I enjoyed Hardline more. :|

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I managed to join a user-run server on PC yesterday. What the fuck was that? That has never happened to me before and I've played this game for probably 1000 hours by now. There was an admin and the map rotation was just Panzerstorm. Was that a "Community Game"? I feel like I've seen a unicorn.

I was hoping they'd fix this issue with one of these updates, but I guess that's for BF6. Please, please resurrect user-run servers. I want servers with varied map rotations and servers focused on a single map back.

I don't know what's wrong with Community Games, but I never ever see any in the server browser with the filter I use. NEVER. Except for yesterday, apparently.

Anyway, two new maps, cool.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My brother bought this game for me to play together and we promptly dropped it less than a week after launch. Felt busted. With Season 4 delayed in MW is it worth reinstalling now? Or is it still the same frustrating experience?

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Best gunplay in the series but i got burned out kinda fast, still enjoyed it though. Hopefully DICE have learned alot from this release. I still believe they are capable of delivering a great game with BF6.

Last edited:

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
looking forward to it. i've mostly dropped off by now, but i've loved bfv and i'm excited to check this stuff out.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Going to be really weird in a couple entries when people start talking about how BFV was actually underappreciated and did a lot of things right.

May 19, 2020
Best gunplay in the series but i got burned out kinda fast, still enjoyed it though. Hopefully DICE have learned alot from this relase. I still believe they are capable of delivering a great game with BF6.
I don't think it's impossible for them to make a good game but BFV basically poisoned the well for those who have supported the series for a long time. I will not be supporting the series further.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
They need to just reboot the whole series, BFV was a disaster.

Next game in the series should be titled "Battlefield" and stick to the basics. No weird bionic arm marketing, no gimmicks.

Jul 26, 2018
Ehhhhhhhhhh. I think I will give the game 1 more chance. I've noticed population spike in both BF3 and BF4 on PC. Pretty nice to see more players returning.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I know the game struggled but there still is nothing else like being in a great BF match. The visual and audio chaos is unmatched. I am very much looking forward to BF6 and hopefully a modern setting.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
As a massive massive BF fan this game was just not it. Have high hopes for BF6 and will be there day 1 (please be modern).

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Surprising that Provence ended up being the one to get a 64 player version.
All in all a decent update, if only it wasn't the last one...

At least BFV gave us the best gunplay of the licence, which I sadly don't expect to see being matched in the next one. Increadibly disapointing that we finaly got another mainline WWII battlefield didn't even get the russian faction, and ended up with no naval combat in the pacific ( which datamining at least showed some work being done ).

Well I guess we might see a new another WWII battlefield... in ~15 years.....

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What is the big issue with BFV? I just downloaded it via Origin Access and it seems to play like a battlefield game.
Probably not the thread to expand on its early issues. Its actually in a good place now, since it has content. At launch it was a bug ridden mess, DICE had no idea on direction, content was massively lacking and when it did turn up, it was poor and buggy.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Nothing odd about it. There was supposed to be more Europe content, so they worked on more US content as the faction in Europe. No more Pacific content was planned, so they didn't develop more Japanese soldiers.

Releasing all the "unreleased" content is far better than nothing. I will check it out, though I doubt it will have any staying power or community's rally knowing that this is the end.

Ah, I was under the impression this was the beginning of another short chapter before it was finished. In that case it makes sense

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Battlefield 5. With a little more love, a more focused direction (nobody I knew who played with me was interested in co-op or Firestorm), and a better community (that's not on DICE), it could've been excellent. It was an overpromised game, but I was genuinely impressed by many of the features, especially in regards to on-foot movement. No other "boots on the ground" FPS I've played felt as good as BFV in terms of map navigation. I loved how you could dive to prone or supine, fall onto your back mid gunfight and continue firing, and navigate urban environments so naturally.

5.2 killed the game, it really did. Hopefully DICE learns that you can't blunder your way into two awful TTK/TTD patches and get away without scathing community response. As far as the Reddit/Battlefield Forums go, they were typically assholes, but they were on the mark with how bad 5.2 was going to be, and were right to quit playing when it released.

BF1 was a black mark on the series for me. I hated it. But it was marketed extremely well and catered to folks who'd never played Battlefield before, getting tons of new blood into the series. BFV had the potential to bring those folks into a more traditional BF title, but instead its undercooked launch and substantially reduced scale (which IMO, was for the better, because Behemoths and Elite Kits were part of why I hated BF1) didn't have even remotely the same appeal as BF1 did. I also feel like WWII fatigue is still something people experience, a decade after endless WWII shooters.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe how stupid the naming conventions have been post Battlefield 4.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So they just improvised a Western US vs Germany setting. Well, it's better than nothing. I stopped caring though :( I'll probably try it out, but the dissapointment of no USSR vs Germany maps left me with no desire to keep playing, despite being one of the game I have played and enjoyed the most

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I loved Battlefield 5. With a little more love, a more focused direction (nobody I knew who played with me was interested in co-op or Firestorm), and a better community (that's not on DICE), it could've been excellent. It was an overpromised game, but I was genuinely impressed by many of the features, especially in regards to on-foot movement. No other "boots on the ground" FPS I've played felt as good as BFV in terms of map navigation. I loved how you could dive to prone or supine, fall onto your back mid gunfight and continue firing, and navigate urban environments so naturally.

5.2 killed the game, it really did. Hopefully DICE learns that you can't blunder your way into two awful TTK/TTD patches and get away without scathing community response. As far as the Reddit/Battlefield Forums go, they were typically assholes, but they were on the mark with how bad 5.2 was going to be, and were right to quit playing when it released.

BF1 was a black mark on the series for me. I hated it. But it was marketed extremely well and catered to folks who'd never played Battlefield before, getting tons of new blood into the series. BFV had the potential to bring those folks into a more traditional BF title, but instead its undercooked launch and substantially reduced scale (which IMO, was for the better, because Behemoths and Elite Kits were part of why I hated BF1) didn't have even remotely the same appeal as BF1 did. I also feel like WWII fatigue is still something people experience, a decade after endless WWII shooters.

Most of this is 100% on the mark for my thoughts. BFV had amazing minute to minute on foot gameplay but Dice couldn't stop fucking up everything around it, and even fucked up that gameplay multiple times. In uninstalled at 5.2 and haven't gone back. BFV is definitely one of the biggest wastes of potential in gaming history. From start to finish just a bumbling mess of design choices and failed support.

I can't imagine paying full price for another Dice game at any point because, even if it's amazing, they won't hesitate to ruin it on a moment's notice to try and boost the population numbers to move some more mtx purchases.