• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
As you are aware, the current Battlefield V Chapter, Into the Jungle, wraps up on April 29. As we look to the future, we will release one more standalone update this summer that brings with it some new content, weapons, and game tweaks. We are targeting June for this update. We're still tackling the challenges from working from home and will let you know how things progress for us over the next month.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Um... What does "standalone" means? Why use this term? "Standalone" expansions are the ones that doesn't require you to have the base game. Is that the case?

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
According to their Twitter that last update is going to be based around Libya etc.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Good. Focus on the next one and try not to screw up this time. I want a franchise comeback with the nextgen BF but im not sure if they are able to pull that off anymore

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Such a missed opportunity this game. I have 200 hour in it tho. But not getting Normandy, Eastern front etc is a shame.
Awell i will play it still as its not a bad game and still is BF. But lucky they have more time for the next BF and we can play it on next gen consoles.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ah well, may as well kill it off now.

While they are at it, just re-launch BF4 with updated graphics etc.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Drop the live service crap and bring it back to modern day then. The lack of updates have been profoundly disappointing.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Did they end up adding all the features shown in it's reveal (like dragging other players, etc)?

Regardless, they just missed the ball on this game. Hoping the nextgen Battlefield is better and huge.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Such a shame this game didnt follow BF1 in its content and battles. Still not a fan of BF1 gunplay and BFV gunplay is alot better. But BF1 did a great job with new battles and in everything you saw it has a clear vision.
That didnt happen with BFV wich is a shame. BFV gunplay with BF1 vision and content updates would have been perfect.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
So the fears that game updates would be lacklustre a a free service as opposed to the payed model were true then

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously just cut any and all single player content in the future. The same goes for Co-op content. Focus on multiplayer i.e maps and weapons. That is why people play BF.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they learned some lessons with the release of this game (and the state that plenty of other games released in as well).

Out of every single publisher, it must have been EA who have come out the worst since the launch of PS4 and Xbox One.

NubCakes09

Oct 28, 2017
I loved the gameplay in BFV but it felt like it wasn't given enough support, or at least support in a timely manner.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Should honestly just bring back Premium if this is the amount of content we're going to get without it. Abysmal.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
They are going to fully focus on BF6 for next gen... that is actually a good thing, even though i'd gladly take more content for BFV any time. BFV has enough good content to keep me interested until BF6 comes out, especially if they would add the timed modes to a seperate playlist, Grind and Outpost are really fun modes imo.

Already hyped for a next gen BF game!

Deleted member 65994

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
Man they fucked up as making this the big GaaS game about world war 2. Meanwhile Battlefield 4 could be considered as one of the best shooters ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Two year journey through the WW2... Actually didn't even start until 6th month into the service, and ends 6 months earlier than promised. This chapter is already empty of content, practically nothing after the Solomon Islands map, so subtract two more months from the journey.

MissionAccomplished

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Would like to see a postmortem on what went wrong.

We complained about the haphazard DLC release schedule, monthly bugs and patch fuck up for BF1's post-launch support. How the fuck could it become worse?

Although there's been no Premium, this has been appalling from DICE.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They are going to fully focus on BF6 for next gen... that is actually a good thing, even though i'd gladly take more content for BFV any time. BFV has enough good content to keep me interested until BF6 comes out, especially if they would add the timed modes to a seperate playlist, Grind and Outpost are really fun modes imo.

Already hyped for a next gen BF game!
Curious tho wich studio is gonna help. With DICE LA becoming more its own and making their own games.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Shame.
I had actually hoped they would bring a crossplay patch at some point just so we could have fuller servers.
Alot of gamemodes are ghost towns.

For Battlefield nextgen just give me Battlefield 3 mixed with Battlefield 4
Endgame Battlefield 4 is still my favorite MP experience this generation.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Wow they're dropping it before covering the Allied advance through Europe or any of the Eastern front! Such a poorly managed GAAS. How do Dice keep delivering these failed service games and still stay in business?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
What an absolute disappointment and disaster this turned out to be. I actually played this a lot for a few months and bought into the idea that each update would follow different periods into the war, and instead we got a fraction of that.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Battlefield VI

Premium + Modern setting = oh who am I kidding, Dice lost their way years ago :(

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Forgot this game was still a thing. I'm hoping that next gen they hit us with a game set in modern warfare, with the gameplay and feel of Bad Company 2 / BF 3 / BF 4. I want completely and utter chaos with 150 players, vehicles everywhere, buildings being destroyed, assholes in jets and helicopters, grenades flying, automatic rifles chugging. I'm ready for this series to feel intense again.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Guess we won't be seeing another Battlefield Normandy assault for a long long long long time. We will have to wait until it cycles through modern and future era until we get back to WW2 again.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Issue with Premium is that EA won't drop MTX so game will have almost every way of monetization.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have so little faith in this franchise going forward with the way they handle post-launches. BFV launched with fantastic core gameplay but barely any content, with half the game on the menu literally saying "coming soon". Then even a lot of the promised content isn't added in, Firezone died before it launched... like, I have many issues with Call Of Duty's post-launch plans too, but it's miles better than this for sure.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I mean. I knew this was coming but screw Dice. I aint buying another game from them. Such an incompetent developer. EA needs to fold the studio and move Battlefield to somebody else.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Terrible. Release an unfinished game and never make good on your promises. This just cements the fact that I'm going to always wait until $30 before buying a Battlefield game.

And honestly a D-Day map should have been a freakin' slam dunk for this game. Smh.