• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So, Battlefront 2 released some well anticipated skins for the Clone Troopers and the community quickly found something well odd.

riml8yukxzi11.jpg

The right is what was promised, but the left is how they ultimately did the design in game...

It's even worse cause modders on PC already did a better job:

3tjc9qzlr0j11.png

Another case:

ighvsf7fe0j11.jpg

(all images from /r/starwarsbattlefront)

So uh... Yeah. Apparently following the designs of the movie wasn't in the budget. Naturally after waiting almost a year, people aren't exactly happy.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say i'm surprised at all. Game is being run by a skeleton crew for a while now.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wait....how...

How did they not at least look at the in film designs? Did they just make it up? Didn't even get the right shades of color either

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Both of those skins have been hidden in the game files since launch as well and they're only getting around to releasing them now.

The way EA/DICE have handled BF2 post release is pathetic.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
That's terrible, but as long as they don't screw up Anakin, Obi-wan, Grievous and Dooku then I'm all good. I only play HvV.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feels good to know I haven't given EA a single dollar from my pocket for their work on these two Star Wars games.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really disheartening to see how EA has absolutely killed the series, from the botched loot boxes, to the now skeleton crew working on the game. All of the clone variations have been in the files since launch, in an incomplete status (various things wrong with them), and now, they release only 2 of them without fixing what was wrong with them. How did this get approved by Disney, who is VERY adamant that everything needs to be canon.

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
Sure am glad only one publisher has the IP rights to Star Wars so they can really dedicate themselves to it.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm speculating, but if the designs are goofed up I'd blame LF before EA. LF is intensely possessive of their characters and they're (allegedly) to blame for the absence of alternate costumes in the launch game. All character designs must pass through LF.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sincerely hope the way they've treated this game and its fanbase affects sales of BFV. There needs to be consequences of trying to screw gamers over so hard.

Not to mention they're describing the "live service" for BFV the same way they did for Battlefront 2 before it launched, saying they wouldn't abandon it, it would let them focus on giving constant updates and content, etc. What a joke. The game has like 5 people left working on it and even they can't do a great job, probably because they'd rather be working on Battlefield and don't really give a shit.