• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how a console can give a high end pc a run for its money. I hope that this is the future for the Xbox brand as it was when it first started. Theres no way I'm dishing out 1500$ when I can get a console for 500-600$ with very similar results.

If this is the only thing that convinces you that the XBX is pretty much a High-end PC then you're right, you shouldn't waste your money on a PC when you won't take full advantage of it.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
The campaign did look very impressive when I played it yesterday. A clear picture and the HDR / colours pop. The first thing that stuck out to me the textures on the character that examines the drone.

walriii314

Oct 28, 2017
The comparisons Digital Foundry have done lately has been to show games looking their best on the PC while at 4K (minus running games with mods etc). By doing this they've been able to show how the consoles compare against each other and the PC at it's best.

IIRC they haven't attempted to match the Xbox One X's graphical settings with a system equipped with an RX 480/580 8GB outside of testing Killer Instinct before the Xbox One X launched.

What features do you mean?
I mean I would love for them to do a comparison with 480/580 and 1060/70/80, although I am oversimplifying it cause i suspect it depends on the game engine and developers, just so people who are not tech savvy with PC like myself can know the strengths and weaknesses per game again I'm simplifying it but is it stronger than a 480/580, 1060,70,80 etc and why vs that game or basically do a benchmarks vs those cards, I don't like misinformation, there is a lot of fanboy stuff about the X some for and against vs pc and is like to see for myself, so far I have been very impressed with my X with my 4k HDR tv

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Even though the PC version is better, this is still impressive for the X1X.

Madness

Oct 25, 2017
For ages consoles used to be far cheaper than the equivalent PC. That changed for that last 10 or so years as PCs got cheaper. I feel like the X is the first system in a while that is an insane value when compared to PC.

I mean the 360 was pretty powerful for the price and equivalent PC gaming in 2005 as well. The start of this gen was truly the first time consoles were considered low to barely mid PC settings in a sense. Hopefully the X and whatever Sony cooking up for beyond PS4 Pro is a return to consoles providing high end gaming early on. Hopefully 60fps for all games or 4K/30 locked, 4K/60fps is what all devs and what MS and Sony aim to always hit with their consoles next gen as well.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Amazing how a console can give a high end pc a run for its money. I hope that this is the future for the Xbox brand as it was when it first started. Theres no way I'm dishing out 1500$ when I can get a console for 500-600$ with very similar results.
The cycle continues.

Do we really need this shit here? Go back the Nazi forum for that shit. Pc and console gamers should we treated equal here enough Of this talk the x1x our powers a bunch of pc gamers machines.
What the butt fuck.