• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Crazy impressive stuff.

I did a rough spec of his PC:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($102.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($191.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.78 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card ($524.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1401.40

Pretty fucking awesome, a $500 box keeping parity with a $1400 PC!

HighResTomato

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
O6FrcCg.gif

Can't wait to see what Playground Games do with this hardware. Oh and 343/Coalition.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
4K60? Wow. Actually looks better on 1X at times, like on the exterior rotating shot. Stuttery on his PC for some reason, around the 5:50 mark.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Impressive stuff

I wish the X was $500 here, but $600 is better than the $650 they should've charged based on conversion. It's a lot of money though.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Isn't that the same guy who said Assassins Creed for Xbox one X would have a 1080p 60 fps mode?

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn. Color me impressed. If more 3rd party games come out with this level of performance I may actually consider getting an X. And that's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
And here I was wondering if I made the right decision picking up a Scorpio Edition.....vindication always feels amazing.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
I'd have to see the graphics settings screen on the PC used before I believe that, DICE games usually put in a 'hyper' option which is above and beyond even Ultra settings.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
THIS OP IS INCREDIBLY MISLEADING.

I have seen direct feed screenshots of X1X and the Screeen Space Reflections is massively below the highest settings on PC. OBviously so.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes me excited for the PS5. =D

Always difficult to compare the two as PC has so much that can increase the cost. But good for buyers of the X if it actually turns out that way.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Frostbite is an impressive engine.
And the Xbox One X is an impressive piece of hardware.

This must be the best case scenario for "code to the metal" on the console.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Incredible stuff for a $500 box that developers have only just got their hands on.

Even if it hasn't 100% kept up everything with maxed out PC, it's still close enough to be impressed. Imagine once devs really get their groove going with this thing.

ZPMD

Oct 25, 2017
The cutscenes are pre-recorded video. Those will look the same on all versions.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Not to shit on everyones parade, but this isn't exactly true. The start is pre-rendered so.. of course it's hard to tell a difference. Screenshot comparisons show a pretty big difference in image quality.

X1X is still impressive, but parity? Not at all true mate, misleading, actually.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
can it be maxed out on a weaker (and cheaper) PC?
presumably they're the same framerate?

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thread title is misleading. There is no parity. PC version is way above console versions, yes, even Xbox One X version. You can see in jungle map lower quality shadows, aggressive LOD for vegetation, rocks, various other objects on Xbox. I know everyone is excited about their shiny new Xboxes but please, don't get carried away with such thread titles.

Oct 27, 2017
star-wars-battlefront-4k-xbox-one-x-screen.jpg

Its quality is much more in line with the usual console settings. Here is PS4Pro for example:
starwarsbattlefrontiin8k8z.png

Here is PC:
starwarsbattlefrontiir3kv9.png

RG0BS1U.gif

The game is a looker on all systems, even the vanilla... but yeah, something definitely did not make sense with the OP, and lack if information on the YT video.

Goodness the PC looks remarkable in the SPR, and actually native. (You can clearly see the upscale in the XBX/PS4Pro which look more parity than the maxed PC settings.)

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
For ages consoles used to be far cheaper than the equivalent PC. That changed for that last 10 or so years as PCs got cheaper. I feel like the X is the first system in a while that is an insane value when compared to PC.

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been playing it on the X and have to say, this game above all others, has blown me away the most. I played the beta on the ps4 pro and really wasnt impressed by the image quality as well as the LOD pop in. I know that was probably much older code, but going into this X version I didnt expect much better.... and I came away very very impressed. Image quality is fantastic, performance is very solid (though I did experience some drops while playing a solo Arcade mission), and the LOD draw seems much much higher than it was on the ps4 pro beta (taikodana specifically). The engine is very GPU heavy, so it is clear that it is really playing to the One X's strengths. The HDR implementation is fantastic as well...

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
is it really necessary to argue if its better than PC on ultra settings? we all know its not and it wont be, but impressive nonethless.

No, but it is necessary to acknowledge that it's literally a $500 box comparing well to something that costs more than double that.

The hyperbole that goes both ways is a bit needless.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Are people really falling for this? X looks good and the console is powerful but c'mon guys, you know the actual gameplay is not running at native 4K on ultra.