• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Scummy:

So 6 times more than the review copies in the final version. It wont be reflected in most reviews then...

Edit: Apparently false:

Mods, this is false and has already been disproven. The gameplay and screen caps are from a capture event that happened about a week ago where this thing is normal due to the time constraints. I've already confirmed that this isn't the case with other reviewers who have copies.

It's 60k for anyone who has the game right now, review copy or not, it was only 10k at the build at the capture event at DICE office which is pretty normal for any review/capture event.

They didn't tell us about the high cost in the full game though which I wish they would have. https://t.co/nklY9lM4oA

— BattlefrontUpdates (@SWBFUpdates) November 13, 2017

Incorrect. This 10,000 credit value was present at the launch capture event a couple of weeks ago. The value then changed for launch.

Current review copies are all set at 60,000 for those heroes that cost that amount. https://t.co/5STW7xhIdz

— Westie (@MrProWestie) November 13, 2017

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

(they will)

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I see the guy in the video saying "10,000 credits."

Where's the 60,000 figure coming from? Like, are we sure the game hasn't been patched so that heroes cost 10,000 credits now?

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Scummy as hell if accurate. The worst part is it looks like it could be a fun game otherwise but I'm not about to give EA any money for it.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really try to be sympathetic to companies, and don't like mobbing people, even corporations, since I merely see corporations as a group of people.

But man, that is a scummy action.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Lol. I was fairly interested in BF2, but skipping it after all this crap is going to be pretty easy.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a good opportunity for VG sites and youtubers to shine. Just make a public statement that you won't make a review based on a version different from the final copy and don't publish it as soon as the embargo is lifted... oh who am I kidding. ;)

Cragor

Oct 27, 2017
isnt this a common practice though? I was under the impression that review copies of these kind of games usually had most of their content either free to unlock, or put in a way it was really easy to get, due to the fact the game wasnt yet up, and without an online comunitie to play with it would take ages or be night impossible to get everything.

I do believe its scummy as hell, and thats why i will never trust a review about an online game until at least a few weeks after launch (how the hell are you going to test an online game without a propper online enviroment to do so?), but i doubt this is an isolated case.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
They claim the high cost for heroes is for a "sense of accomplishment" yet it's easier for the reviewers? I wonder why that is, it's almost like they know this is horseshit and want to give reviewers a false impression!

Fuck everything about this game and fuck EA. Every reviewer worth its salt needs to call this shit out.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
oh no... don't use my tweet.. lol

The info is from the other thread here.. where someone posted a video from the review event, and showed that it only cost 10k. to unlock a hero.
This is probably only for that specific review event.. not for the review copies.. I do not know anything here.. just posted about the review event that was mentioned in the other thread..

ouch..

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Fuck off EA that is beyond scummy. That is completely misleading and means they have somewhat messed with all of the reviews, ugh the worst part is the game is going to sell shirtloads and EA will think they can do it again.

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I am not defending EA at all, but it is not possible that the price is different because:

- EA wants the reviewers to play all heroes to review them, but let the reviewers know that the price of them is 60k? In the review guidelines, you know?
- The price is different to punish people that have copies before the launch date? Like what happened with Call of Duty and its day one patch? Or this price is for the EA Access trial?

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
This lootboxes and all other micro-transactions are getting out of hand. I'm really curious to how the gaming industry will look like within 10 years.

Not sure, but didn't it all start with the 10 bucks for online then season passes?

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
oh no... don't use my tweet.. lol

The info is from the other thread here.. where someone posted a video from the review event, and showed that it only cost 10k. to unlock a hero.
This is probably only for that specific review event.. not for the review copies.. I do not know anything here.. just posted about the review event that was mentioned in the other thread..

ouch..

Even if its an review event, its done for the purpose of reviewing a game, isnt it?

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need a new comic strip where Daddy EA is shooting its customers. He's gone rogue!

Wonder if any reviewer will even mention the discrepancy? I doubt it...

ps3ud0 8)

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Now that's interesting. If there's something that's meant to be unlocked over time, it makes sense for that progression to be accelerated for review copies so they can see more of the breadth of the content in the time they actually have available to carry out the review - but it's absolutely essential for reviewers to know that it's been accelerated. I wonder if they were correctly informed?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Their excuse will be that they did it to benefit reviewers because they wouldn't have enough time to unlock them before the deadline.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
I am not defending EA at all, but it is not possible that the price is different because:

- EA wants the reviewers to play all heroes to review them, but let the reviewers know that the price of them is 60k? In the review guidelines, you know?
- The price is different to punish people that have copies before the launch date? Like what happened with Call of Duty and its day one patch? Or this price is for the EA Access trial?
I'm not giving EA of all companies the benefit of the doubt here, it looks like an attempt to mislead reviewers on how predatory their micro transactions are

Sajko

Oct 25, 2017
The moment when they said future maps will be free. I know what that meant. Not such extremes, but yeah. This isn't 2010, where they can pull Bad Company 2 and be happy.

As for price change, I hope mainstream media atleast mentions it in the reviews. AngryJoe is gonna have a field day with this.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's interesting. If there's something that's meant to be unlocked over time, it makes sense for that progression to be accelerated for review copies so they can see more of the breadth of the content in the time they actually have available to carry out the review - but it's absolutely essential for reviewers to know that it's been accelerated. I wonder if they were correctly informed?
It does make sense in that light but it absolutely MUST include the very visible caveat that rates have been drastically accelerated for critics to those critics, and the critics must include that notice in their reviews when sharing their opinions. If they didn't share this, jesus hell, what were they thinking.

If.

Status
Not open for further replies.